Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?

0
mattz (1)

Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

best home based business

Adding a column in Excel 2007
Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please To count the number of cells that equal X =countif(a:a,"X") To count the number of cells that have at least one X in them: =countif(a:a,"*X*") nip wrote: > > Have a column with letters in it. Want to sum up how many of one > letter I have in the column. What is a formula to do this please -- Dave Peterson On Dec 10, 10:44=A0am, Dave Peterson <peter...@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: > To count the number of cells that eq...

excel process in the background
I'm trying to find a way of updating the excel spreadsheet without the excel application coming up on the users PC. We are getting input from the WEB and using that input to run a model and capture the data in an excel spreadsheet. Then manipulate the spreadsheet and create a summary Word document that will be emailed to the user. Then the user will be emailed with the summary data from the excel document. The thing is that this will be running on some server and I don't want the excel spreadsheet or application to actually come up on the PC. How can I suppress the applicati...

Excel 97 #11
How can I change a spreadsheet , so that it opens on sheet 1 every tim someone goes into it , when working on the spreadsheet, it will ope the last page that a save was done on. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Your 1st question. Save at the sheet desired or use an auto_open macro in a regular module or a workbook_open event in the ThisWorkbook module that uses sheets("yoursheetname").select -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EADesktop >" <<EADesktop.163m60@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:EADesktop.163m6...

Line graphs; excel 2007
I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? Apply Fill Color Between Lines in a Chart http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ MK09 wrote: > I have a simple line graph - and I'd like to shade in the area btwn the two > lines only (not the whole background of the graph). Any suggestions? ...

Shared use of excel work books
Hi, Can anyone tell me "if I have an excel workbook (with multiple worksheets that report to the first worksheet) on a shared drive whether it can be set up for multiple users to access it and use it at the same time?" These users will be accessing their single worksheet to update it periodically with the first worksheet being the project leaders sheet where he gets to see all the other worksheets on his one sheet. -- Ian Hi Ian, You can do this by selcting "shareworkbook" from the tools menu and checking the 'allow changes by more than one use'. Beware th...

line space
I would like to make a line space in the text, but when I click on the enter key it jumps to next cell. Example: ldfkj aldfj alsdkf. alkfj ladkfaldkfjl. This line between these two phrase I can't add when I am writting in Excel. Thanks for you help... =?Utf-8?B?TWlyaWFt?= <Miriam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:144A0D7F-B407-4BBC-A356-59520EE7511C@microsoft.com: > I would like to make a line space in the text, but when I click on the > enter key it jumps to next cell. > Use Alt-Enter -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, &...

Microsoft Excel ASC II Text Files
How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of file in order to import to another program such as "MaiList & AddressBook" Hi Bill try saving as 'CSV' file in the Save As dialog. This is a comma separated text (ASCII) file HTH Frank Bill Cadwallader wrote: > How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet into this type of > file in order to import to another program such > as "MaiList & AddressBook" ...

EXCEL 2003
hi Im performing Logical boolean operations using MS Excel. The only problem is that its displaying result set as "TRUE/FALSE" and I want to have the result in binary. Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? please tell me ASAP. thank "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert that text "TRUE" into digit "1"? =--(A1>A2) returns 1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE. Similarly for =1*(A1>A2) "imfaizzi" <imfaizzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

how do you insert a document in words 2007
I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. Insert - Object -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Likita Rucker" <Likita Rucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3892AD59-4452-4199-BC8E-31AE4220B6A7@microsoft.com... >I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. If you click Insert > Object and pick Object from the dropdown, you'll get only the first page of the insert because an "object" can't cross a page boun...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Excel pivot tbl
Brand new laptop w/Windows XP. Has Office 97 installed (first), than complete install of Office XP(second). Than install of PTSfull.exe (pivot table services that come w/ sql server analysis services service pack 2). Go to data manu - PivotTable and Pivot Chart report - External data source/Pivot table - Get Data - OLAP cubes - new data source - select an olap provider for the database you want to access - blank dropdown (no Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services or Microsoft OLEDB Provider for OLAP Services 8.0). Tried removing Office 97 & Office XP than installing PTS - sa...

Best Practise
Hi Everyone, In the process of creating a new Exchange 2003 SP2 Cluster, and had some questions about breaking up the stores. I am a bit confused between Storage Groups, and Mailbox Stores. To break things down, here is the current setup on the existing Exchange Server (the non cluster one) 400+ Users Store is at 110GB Backup Time - Long When I start moving staff over to the new Exchange box, we want to implement quotas, and break up some of the accounts. Thought process was this: 1)Directors\Management\Tech - No Quotas 2)Supervisors and other Critical Staff - 700MB 3)Other staff - ...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

excel #136
I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they won't popen I'm not familiar with Quantrum Pro. What does it do? "Liz R" wrote: > I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they > won't popen ...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Excel worksheet merge
Hello all, I have searched google, but to no avail. Here goes. I have one set of excel worksheets (one is an exact link to the other) that I copied four times for a total of five. I moved the 1st worksheet of each to an individual folder. So what I am left with are the 5 link worksheets. Can I merge the links together? I have an Access db that I will use to process the info. I have linked the links to an Access db and it works. Except I have 5 dbs instead of the one that I really need. The fields are the same in all linked dbs. My question is- should or can I merge before access and i...

retaining fonts when placing excel worksheet into pagemaker?
I am currently placing excel worksheets into Pagemaker software. I am having particular trouble with retaining the fonts in the text cells. When it appears in pagemaker the spacing is wierd and the numbers eg.(12/8) are crammed together. I used excel 2003. I am not a pagemaker wizard soooooooooo please help. Cindy I think PageMaker will let you Edit-->Paste special-->as a picture, won't it? Sorry, it's been a long time... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "parrydise" <parrydise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Trendline (Power) Best Practice
I have 9,000+ data points that need to be in an X Y Scatter Chart. About 50% only have an X Value, but the absence of the Y Factor is important data. It represents no actions were needed for a 6 month period of time. If I remove those missing the Y Factor, the time spent is overstated. If I place a zero, Excel doesn't like it. I have inserted a .0000001 for the missing Y Factor and then I get a misrepresentation the opposite way. I have added all the values and averaged for a single point and non of the plots or computed trend-lines hits the mark. Am I going about this wrong a...

Templates Excel XP
Where can I find templates to download to Excel XP. I'm looking for templates for both business and personal use http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "sfrich1" <sfrich1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7C932BB-3DE7-440C-B4E0-511EC8527F07@microsoft.com... > Where can I find templates to download to Excel XP. I'm looking for > templates for both business and personal use If you forget the address in the future, go to Excel's menu, and select Help | Microsoft Office Onl...

When Excel Opens it Starts with Book2
Anyone know why excel would open to book2 and not book1. Hi Tracey! This means that a file with the Book1 name has already been saved. Find it using Start > Search > For Files and Folders Check the contents and either rename or delete. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

Outlook 2007 #19
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I receive a message box which says Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close any open dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing. ...

Does Pocket Excel run VBAs?
I have desktop spreadsheets with VBAs - would they work in a Pocket PC/Pocket Excel environment? Hi F Chuck! Sorry but Pocket Excel does not support VBA. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "F Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076601c3c44f$78706c40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have desktop spreadsheets with VBAs - would they work > in a Pocket PC/Pocket Excel environment? ...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...