Excel 2007 - Dynamic names for chart series

The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range
for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies them
upon saving the file :

Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for all
the chart series using this syntax.

Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ?
0
jcollot (1)

If the data is in a Table (new XL2007 feature); the chart is automatically
dynamic
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jcollot" <jcollot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range
> for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies
> them
> upon saving the file :
>
> Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for
> all
> the chart series using this syntax.
>
> Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/31/2007 7:21:17 PM
Supposedly SP1 takes care of this bug.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> If the data is in a Table (new XL2007 feature); the chart is automatically
> dynamic
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "jcollot" <jcollot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range
> > for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies
> > them
> > upon saving the file :
> >
> > Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for
> > all
> > the chart series using this syntax.
> >
> > Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ?

0
goofy11 (11)

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Excel 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Size of dynamically allocated array
What's the easiest way to determine the size (number of objects) of a dynamically allocated array? Chip While it's probably not reliable, I did find that the address you get back from the 'new' operator is not the actual starting address of the allocated block. If you subtract sizeof(DWORD)*4 from that address and then read the value at that address, you'll have the requested size, but not the actual size that the memory manager allocated. For example: char *p = new char[1234]; strcpy(p, "Hello World!"); // not necessary but does help to locate stuff in mem...

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

help with simple maths in excel