Excel 2003 dynamic named range for the values in a pie chart

Hello,

In Excel 2003, I've been trying to use a dynamic named range for the
values in a pie chart:

=Cost Ctr Summary x Project!PieData12

But it won't accept that. Keeps telling me:

"A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references.
Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name
and cell reference."

Does anyone know why the values box on the series tab won't accept it?
0
wyan.org (1)

Hello,

The value you posted has spaces in the name before the !

=Cost Ctr Summary x Project!PieData12

if you surround your workbook name in single quotes it should work.

Where are you putting in this value?

It also needs to be a chart series, not the chart range.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Steve=True

--
Steve=True

Contact Name no parsed out
I'm attempting an import of my data from GoldMine, where the export function exports the contact name as a single field, not parsed out to First / Middle / Last. It appears that DMM wants the fields separate for mapping into the Contact entity? Before I go ahead and parse the import file I wanted to check. you can add logic into the import, if I can get some time will check into this to see if you can split a string as it comes in. =================== John O'Donnell, Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist My Blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/jodonnell CRM Wiki - http://channel9.m...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

learning Excel #3

Problem with Range

default values in a cell

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit