Excel 2000 - Pie Chart # of slices

Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can
only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one
gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete.
0
Bob4289 (354)

Hi,

There are limits but it's not 10.

What data do you have in those 10 cells?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Also I had noticed that the formula's were tough to work with manually.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are limits but it's not 10.
>
> What data do you have in those 10 cells?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Bob wrote:
> > Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can
> > only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one
> > gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Bob4289 (354)
10/30/2006 8:16:02 PM
Hi Bob,

I can not imagine what data you have that is causing you problems.

If you want to email me you workbook I will take a look.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)

How do I name categories of a pie chart
I am creating a pie chart of numeric values. I would like to add the names of each category. I don't seem to be able to find out exactly how to do it. HELP!! Right click within the chart, select "Format Data Series..." Go to "Data Labels" tab. Select "Series Name" or "Category Name" "RGC" wrote: > I am creating a pie chart of numeric values. I would like to add the names > of each category. I don't seem to be able to find out exactly how to do it. > HELP!! ...

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

Macro Help Please excel 2003
I need a button so that when pressed it exports the data from the cell range sheet 1: A21:S81, it also exports the info from the same range A21:S81 on sheet 2 to an external excel workbook. I need it to export all the data onto sheet 1 of the external workbook, and each time the button is pressed it needs to find the first available row of the external workbook and copy over, this is so that all data is always saved on a massive long list. Thanks Neil. let us stick on to the original post. I have posted a response for your latest request. -- Jacob "Neil H...

Is Excel this Intelligent ?
I would like to know if it is possible to do the following with the Excel product and if so how ? I want to hilight, change the colour or look of a result in a cell. The parameters are that the value calculated is above a certain value. Steven. Hi use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Steven Ridley" <resurgam@iprimus.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:618301c482a9$d2851f00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to kno...

Excel Graphing Question
Hi, I was wondering if Excel had a way to accentuate intersecting points in a graph. I have a graph with several plots (horizontal) and some more corresponding plots (vertical). Each of these plots intersect and I was wondering if there was a way to dim out (make transparent) the non-intersecting points to accentuate the intersecting ones. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help, Andrew Andrew - This may get you started: Click once on a point to select the entire data series. Wait a second or two. Click on an individual point to select just that point. Format ... For more de...

Recover Deleted Items in Outlook 2000
I recently had a user that lost all items in the "Deleted Items" folder and needs to rocover them. I am using Outlook 2000 and wouls appreciate any information on how or where to view these items. Do you use Exchange server? If so, and it's configured for deleted item retention, you can get the items back if they were deleted within that time frame (however long retention is set for). If you don't use Exchange server, or even if you do and you use PST files for delivery (ick), you may be out of luck - but see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/recover_deleted.htm for one pos...

Templates in excel start folder not working
I'm developing an excel app which stores it's code in a template. I would like to place this template somewhere that is visible to all users, which the excel documentation suggests is the "xlstart" folder. When I place my template in this folder it does appear in the list when I try to create a new document, but I can not actually create a document from it (clicking on the template name has no effect). Any ideas on what's going on? The same template works fine if I put it under my documents and settings template directory. I'm using Excel 2003 Pro SP1. - Rick Do ...

Chart with merged rows
Another question for EXCEL gurus ! I have a chart with 56 rows (corresponding to 56 weeks in a year), each of which is composed of merging 7 rows (corresponding to 7 days/week). How can I get a graph with the values in these merged columns ? Selecting these and clicking the chart icon does not produce anything ! X-axis C, Y-axis - D -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A B C D --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13. Aug. Sunday ...

Unable to Sum cells in Excel
Hello, I am having issues trying to use the SUM function to autosum a couple of cells that have If functions within them. I am trying to do the following: In Q12 I am trying to get the Sum of N12, O12 and P12. I have only tried =SUM(N12:P12) as the function formatting the cell as text, general, numeric etc but the total always ends up being 0.00, I never get an addition of the values in the other cells. Each of the N, O and P cells has the following function within it, =IF(F12="","",IF(F12>=90%,"5",IF(F12>=85%,"4",IF (F12>=78%,"...

Scatter Chart Question #2
Hi Folks: I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to. When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I expect in the yellow box. My question: Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the pop-up ?? Many thanks Steve You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside turning them on and off. If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com). To show a picture you will have to r...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

Excel formula problem SUMPRODUCT
Hi Guys, I have a problem with a formula adding up rows against 2 parameters. I am trying to add up rows on a report that 1) show that the actio against it is "open" and its target completion date is overdue. I have tried the following formula but it will not work. =SUMPRODUCT(--(H5:H47="OPEN")*(G5:G47="<TODAY())) This formula works if I substitute the date part with another tex parameter but will have nothing to do with dates even if I put in specific date that I know matches one from the column, I still get 0 Any ideas. Thanks in advance And -- Message ...

Error when I open Outlook 2000
Error when I open Outlook 2000 (Windows 98 SE): OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0167:3a456262. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=3a456262 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000004 SS=016f ESP=0056eba8 EBP=0056ebb8 ECX=0056ebc0 DS=016f ESI=006900d0 FS=4747 EDX=00000005 ES=016f EDI=00000000 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 10 85 c0 7c 07 8b c6 5e 5d c2 04 00 33 c0 eb Stack dump: 006900d0 3a456278 0056ebc0 006902f0 0056ebd0 3a45cfd2 00ff0bc0 fff9721b 00584240 00690314 0056ebe4 3a45d100 00ff0bc0 00000000 00584240 0056ebf4 ...

sending document content to excel to open it
Hi! I'd like to write an application that stores excel-sheets in a database. Now I need to open that document, but i don't want to buffer it on the harddisc, because that's confidental data. Thanks for support Joe ...

Chart item reports with OUTLOOK via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Excel Combo Box #2
I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten different selections. The combo box is linked to a cell. I want the selection in the combo box displayed in the linked cell. What I get know is the line number. How do I correct this? Instead of using the combo on the forms toolbar, try using the combo on the control toolbar (View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox) and then set the look up range and linked cell from the combo's properties. HTH Paul >-----Original Message----- >I have created an Excel Combo Box that include ten >different selections. The combo box is linked ...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

Axes(xlCategory) for a chart-sheet in 2007
I am unsuccessfully trying to set TickLabelSpacing for X-axis in a chart-sheet. Tries recording the steps into a macro, but the recorded code returns an error when i attempt to run it myself. The problem has something to do with the fact that the charts in chart-sheets aren't embedded into ChartObjects, and setting TickLabelSpacing directly for a chart object doesn't do anyhting. Here's the recorded code (fails in 2007): Sub Macro3() ' ' Macro3 Macro ' ' Sheets("Chart").Select ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Act...

I cant use englisch function names in a swedich version of excel
Hi, Why can't I use Englisch named function names, like =ROUND(...) in a sheet when I have a Swedich version of excel. Excel will tell me the error "#Name?" when I open an Englisch version worksheet or if I try to enter an englisch function name. But if I write a macro with the englisch function name inside the code and I call that macro in the sheet the function will be translated to the swedich function name. Thanks Pelle Hi this is just the way Excel works. For a function translation see: http://www.contextures.com/functions.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Proofing Tools -German in Office 2000
I have "msgr3GE.dll" installed under "proof" and it works for German. But in starting the spell-checker it always looks first for msgr2GE.dll. How can I disable that? I looked in the registry but did not find anything there where it searches for this file. I am using Windows XP, SP #2 but MS Office and MS Word/Outlook 2000. ...

excel data base modification
hi there. i need some help please guys. i have exported some names & telephone numbers from a software packag (sms centre) & im trying 2import them in2 a package called e-txt. thes packages reads csv files. ive encountered a problem my exported files r saved in excel lik this... name - country code - area code - phon number joe bloggs - 44 - 07977 - 797898 but the e-txt database fields r as follows 1st name - surname - phone number joe - bloggs - 447977797898 ...

Formula to pull last name error (Excel 07)
In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. I tried using the function =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(“*”,SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,”*”,LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,” “,””))))) but am getting the #NAME? error. FYI: I can't use the Text to Columns function because I have some names that have at least 2 middle names... Thanks -B Maybe something like that... [Start typing the formula(s) in column C first] http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/346/nonamer.png Micky "Outlook, eh?" wrote: > In A1 I have Joe Smith, I would like Smith to be in B1. > > I t...

Excel VB triggering Stored Procedures/Queries
I want to use Excel to operate SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedures. Doe anyone know of anyway I can use Excel VB to trigger a sequence o these? I will also need to be able to pass a 'keyfield' (i ParticiapantID)parameter from Excel to the Stored Procedures, is thi possible to achieve? Alternatively, if I cannot get to trigger Stored Procedures, I may b forced to export the data to Access first then trigger a sequence of M Access Queries. Again, can a query be triggered from Excel? I guess could somehow open the .mdb and have an autoexec in Access trigger th queries. Ideally Access wo...

Excel to Word mail merge problem
I am having a problem with a mail merge document taking data from and Excel worksheet. The data includes currency values. Trailing zeros are not appearing meaning that 147.50 appears as 147.5. How can I make it read 147.50 in the Word document? TIA Ian In the Mail Merge, after you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. (If you don't see the dialog box, change the setting in Word -- under Tools>Options, General -- add a check mark to 'Confirm Conversion at Open') From that list, choose 'MS Ex...

microsoft Excel 2003 always hang
I'm using WinXP Prof (OEM) and Office 2003 (OEM) anyone face the same problem??? It crashed within few minutes of work. Please advise. Thanks. Hi Andy! No need to post to different groups. Reply given in misc Group. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au ...