error - unable to set the XValues property of the series class

Hi,

I am new to excel programming. Want to create a 3D Surface chart. I a
using VB 6.0 and Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library. Data for the char
is in the text file and I don't want to put that data in worksheet
Instead  I have populated that data in Variant arrays. Three Varian
arrays for 3 Axes. But i am getting error for the following code:

Set objExcelApp = New Excel.Application
Set objExcelWkb = objExcelApp.Workbooks.Add
Set objExcelWs = objExcelWkb.Worksheets(1)
Set objExcelCht = objExcelWkb.Charts.Add
Set objexcelseries1 = objExcelCht.SeriesCollection.NewSerie

--
vj
vjp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1554

I don't expect an error yet with the lines you've posted, especially an XValues
error. The thing with some chart types (including bubble, stock, and surface/contour
charts) is that you need to specify the chart source data first, then specify the
chart type. If you are using a recorded macro as your guide, it will confuse you
because it always says it specified the chart type first (which is the order the
chart wizard steps through). Also, in a surface/contour chart, VBA chokes if you try
to refer to individual series values and xvalues.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

vjp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to excel programming. Want to create a 3D Surface chart. I am
> using VB 6.0 and Microsoft Excel 9.0 Object Library. Data for the chart
> is in the text file and I don't want to put that data in worksheet.
> Instead  I have populated that data in Variant arrays. Three Variant
> arrays for 3 Axes. But i am getting error for the following code:
>
> Set objExcelApp = New Excel.Application
> Set objExcelWkb = objExcelApp.Workbooks.Add
> Set objExcelWs = objExcelWkb.Worksheets(1)
> Set objExcelCht = objExcelWkb.Charts.Add
> Set objexcelseries1 = objExcelCht.SeriesCollection.NewSeries

Is there a template for setting up a address book?
I am wanting to set up an address and phone number type sheet, I just needed to know if there was a template for that or am I going to have to make it up? hiiiii jace hope u are doing well. i guess u better to make ur own that may meet ur needs. cause everyone has his own needs "Jace" wrote: > I am wanting to set up an address and phone number type sheet, I just needed > to know if there was a template for that or am I going to have to make it up? ...

Unable to access my new mails
Hi, I have been using OUTLOOK since 5 months and never had a problem, but since last week, I m unable to watch new emails. When I click send/recieve button, it shows there are lot of messages are scanning, but when its dont there is nothing in my inbox. So I think server is receiving my mails but unable to present those on screen. Please help me out, since its the only way to be in touch with my world. Give me a suggestion abt this matter. ...

How set -send on behalf- for multiple mailboxes at the same time.
See question. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote: >See question. See answer? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com Sorry I mean see title: How set "send on behalf" for multiple mailboxes at the same time. It seems one can only perform this setting per mailbox? Windows 2003 , Exchange Server 2003 R...

Unable to display the folder #6
HI all, We have public folder here and share information. We can browse to any folders if we navigate it from public fodler>... ba ba ba >.. ... We try to setup outlook today, and create a shortcut to some folders. However, most of them works, just a few do not. The fodler is exist and workign properly if we do not use the shortcut. Even set that specific folder as a favourite works. Just can't wotk with outlook today. Once I click the short cut to that fodler form outlook today, it will say " Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access t...

0x8024D077 error code
We have XP SP3 on our computer. Ever since I have been using it, the Windows Update never worked. I don't think it ever worked. I downloaded all 3 service packs from Microsoft download site. Whenever I visit the windows update site or try to install the latest Windows update agent, I get this error code. I tried registering the Windows Update Files: REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DL...

Outlook error #19
Out of office assistanty cannot be displayed, Has anybody recieived this error? I found the article on the solution. However it is not specific to the exchange server or a client side problem. Since the problem occured I have several users that get the message which leads me to believe the problem is on the server. Any ideas? Thanks, Dave Really, as an admin, you should know better than to post this without at least a mention or 2 of the exchange version, outlook version, and whether it ever worked or when it stopped. Also, a mention of the EXACT error message and what MSKB article...

Error opening Excel File
Hi, I'm currently having these days an error while opening an excel sheet. The sheet is shared among five users. When one tries to open it, a message indicates that the file is locked for editing by another user and after checking with the user, I understand that he has already closed the file but the latter remains locked. Can someone help? ...

naming series with combination of cell references
Hi, I would be very grateful for help with the following: I have cells with parameters for a function I am plotting with a different series for each combination of parameters. The parameter name and corresponding value are in different cells as follows Col1 Col2 Row1 a 10 Row2 b 20 I would like the series to be named according to a combination of the parameter name and value as follows: a=10, b=20 I would like this series name to update if either the parameter name or value is changed. How do I include a cell reference in the series name with a combination of text? =Row1...

Error Mess when open spreadsheet
I have an excel spreadsheet . There are no macros, When i open it I get an error message: It doe not display anythng and has while background, when i press ok it shuts. I get the following erro message. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module MSO9.DLL at 0167:308d0b99. Registers: EAX=00629c74 CS=0167 EIP=308d0b99 EFLGS=00010212 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=00628684 EBP=0062868c ECX=00000002 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=215f EDX=00000008 ES=016f EDI=00629c74 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: f3 a5 8b ca 83 e1 03 f3 a4 5f 5e 5d c3 8b 4d 10 Stack dump: ffffffd8 00000000 00629db4 30251402 00629c74 00000000...

error C2143 #2
I'm getting these error messages when I try to build. I haven't edited the header file and don't see anything wrong. Does anyone know what is going on here? I get the error in both places where there is a #include "errorDoalog.h". Error messages at bottom. Thanks Mike #if !defined(AFX_ERRORDIALOG_H__9F80CB41_32F3_11D9_811C_000C41E9C262__INCLUDED_) #define AFX_ERRORDIALOG_H__9F80CB41_32F3_11D9_811C_000C41E9C262__INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #pragma once #endif // _MSC_VER > 1000 // errorDialog.h : header file // //////////////////////////////////////////////...

Next without For Error
I have been trying to run the following code, and am getting a Next without For Error Any Ideas? Jim Berglund Sub DelRows() Dim i, n As Long Dim wsNumFrum As Worksheet Set wsNumFrum = Worksheets("Numbers from Reverse Directory") n = wsNumFrum.Cells.Find(What:="*", SearchOrder:=xlRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row For i = 1 To n If Range(Cells(i, 1)).Value = "" Then Range(Cells(i, 1), Cells(i, 5)).ClearContents Else Range(Cells(i, 1)).Select If Left(Cells(i, ...

automatic properties in vs2005???
is it possible in .net framework 2.0 to create a class that can server the purpose of List<> ? eg. A class Job that has empno, ename etc. I want to get data from database in form of List<Job> and bind it to gridView. The problem is that I'm using VS2005 and I'll not be able to upgrade. So, what modification do I need to make to the following class to server the above purpose-- //automatic property of .net framework 3.0 public class Job { public int empno{get; set} public string ename{get; set} } I want to make a class in .NET framework...

Email
I've been trying to set up my email many times, gave up once, came back, gave up again, now I'm back. It allows my mail to come in from my Yahoo mail - (that is usable) to Windows Email. But, I always get the error that the smpt and pop cannot be found. Am I putting some wrong in? What is suppose to be in those? I do have a plus account and never used it because Yahoo used the wrong email. So, I'm going to say because the mail from my good yahoo mail is being loaded on to this. It will not send anything out - and that's when I get the error. And, it's a...

Access to a series, when it is assigned to an empty range
Hello, I'd like to get access to a chart series via vba. This works fine with ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "='" & ActiveWorkbook.Name & "'!" & Diagramm1.Range("Chart1_Series1").Value this is a reference to a named range. So, if I assign the series to a range with values I can change the series to another range afterwards. But if I once have assigned a series to an empty range I do not have access to the chart series any more. The error message is:"unable to set the values property of the series object" O...

Chnge Language Settings
My Publisher is in english, I write in spanish and it marks all the words like they'r wrong. I can click on the word and change the language settings of that word but I won't do it with each of one by one. So I want to know how to change the language but not temporarily. Please Help, and thk you. ...

How do i stop the error message
Does anyone know how to stop the below error mesage on MS Outlook. "The Customer form could not be opened. Outlook will use an oulook form instead. The object could not be found," ...

Setting Checkboxes to Unchecked
Hi! I have set up a database in excel using forms and worksheets. On on worksheet (sheet30), there are 6 checkboxes. A button is used to ope this worksheet so that people can load their data into the database. The checkboxes are used to hide and unhide rows when clicked. Here's the problem...Each time I open this worksheet, I would like th checkboxes to be unchecked (false) and all rows to be in the hidde position. I thought that the code below would work fine, Sheet30.CheckBox1.Value = False Sheet30.CheckBox2.Value = False Sheet30.CheckBox3.Value = False Sheet30.CheckBox4.Value = ...

RSS Tab is missing from account settings
Hi All, I am following the directions to add a RSS Feed to outlook. Based on these instructions I was expecting to find a RSS Tab under account settings but it seems it is not there. Any ideas? Version of outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipst...

cannot load excel file
When trying to load an excel file it will not allow me to open it and shows the message in a separate window " too many different cell formats". I am led to believe (after a bit of investigation) that the file is now too large and needs to be slimmed down. This is fine, but I need to be able to open it first! Is there a way to open this file? Please help. This spreadsheet is important to me. Thank you. A page format is a combination of upper/lower/left/right border, font color, interior color, number format. All the more reason to format large areas all at the same time i...

unable to telnet to port 110 on mailserver; outlook timing out
I am running an Exchange 2000 server on a DMZ of a firewall. It has been running fine for the past month since I installed the firewall. This morning, the entire company was unable to send/receive e-mail; it would give a POP3 error saying it had timed out waiting for a response from the server. (We are running windows XP with Outlook 2003). I attempted to telnet to port 25 and was able to establish a connection; I then tried to telnet to port 110 and am unable to get a connection to that port; telnet just hangs. I ran portqry.exe on the exchange server, and portqry.exe returned the same...

One user unable to see reports
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem - a user is unable to view reports. Going to Workplace->Reports results in the "Server Error in '/' Application." error message. Sometimes the records page does load, but the list of reports is empty. Also, context sensitive reports don't show up in their regular places - in fact the reports button is completely gone from the forms that usually have it. I've tried other user logins and they have no problem viewing reports. Only this particular user has the error. Reports has been working for t...

SK 89302 17 Piece Metric Spline G-Pro Wrench Set
Price:$415.77 Image: http://discountadvisor.info/image.php?id=B000MAM8OE Best deal: http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B000MAM8OE Accomodates Spline, 6 point, 12 point, 50% rounded, Female Torx, and Square fittings. 90 Tooth design delivers 4 effective swing arc. Open end includes Non-Slip Feature for gripping up to 70% rounded of fasteners.. Lifetime Warranty Set contains: wrench sizes 8mm thru 24mm SIMILAR PRODUCTS: SK 89202 13 Piece Fractional Spline G-Pro Wrench Set:http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B000MAM8NA SK 89200 G-Pro 9 Piece 1/4-Inch to 3/4-Inch Spline S...

what causes disk errors when coming out of standby ?
XP SP3 4 disk errors show up, all in one second of each other. no other disk as slave on this channel. I dont ever get disk errors at other times except for after standby. i tried turning off hibernation, then defrag, then turn it back on, still happens . Event Type: Error Event Source: Disk Event Category: None Event ID: 11 Date: 12/11/2009 Time: 4:53:27 AM User: N/A Computer: OEMPC Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D. Data: 0000: 03 00 68 00 01 00 b6 00 ..h...�. 0008: 00 00 00 00 0b 00 04 c0 .......� 0010: 03 0...

CRM 3.0 error 08-07-06
I am getting this error message "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding.This might happen if it is currently unavailable,it is not a microsoft CRM server,or you are not a valid user.For more information,contact your system administrator" This message appears when i try to workflow manager,workflow monitor. This is a first installation of CRM 3.0 on windows 2003 server.i can access the web UI but not the two above program. I tried loggin as domain administrator and local administrator but same result. Logon by Administrator, Open CRM via IE, and then go to [Settings]-&...

Reading XML Encoding errors
I am programming an XML reader in VB.NET 2005 and it works fairly well. Once in a while though I encounter an old XML file without the header <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> It craps out on the Load with an error similar to "Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 3, position 5475070". After some research the character in question is the copyright character. My question is how can i force the reader to assume UTF-8? It seems like my other newer files do not have this problem, just my older files. I want to be able to catch this error and then...