error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with other char

I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with 
other chart types. Select a different chart type"

with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this 
message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names 
of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county

what am i doing wrong?
0
nalexiou (1)
9/6/2008 3:12:02 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
905 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Hi,

I have not heard of that warning happening sporadically. It only happens 
when you try to combine charts that will not mix.
When you say it sometimes works is that when trying the same mixture on 
the same chart or another chart that looks similar?

Cheers
Andy

n_alexiou wrote:
> I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with 
> other chart types. Select a different chart type"
> 
> with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this 
> message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names 
> of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county
> 
> what am i doing wrong?

-- 

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
9/7/2008 10:37:29 AM
I am also getting the same message. I am trying to create a scatter graph 
using a) draft selection and b)what score they got. I have 9 tables created 
1997-2005 with the same info in all of them. The graph creates 97-04 but when 
i add 2005 to the information then the warning comes up. Why does it work 
with 8 years of info but not with 9?

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I have not heard of that warning happening sporadically. It only happens 
> when you try to combine charts that will not mix.
> When you say it sometimes works is that when trying the same mixture on 
> the same chart or another chart that looks similar?
> 
> Cheers
> Andy
> 
> n_alexiou wrote:
> > I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with 
> > other chart types. Select a different chart type"
> > 
> > with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this 
> > message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names 
> > of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county
> > 
> > what am i doing wrong?
> 
> -- 
> 
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> 
0
SHERO (1)
10/18/2008 6:00:00 AM
Hi,

If you want to email me the file, off newsgroup, I will have a look at 
what maybe causing this.

andy AT andypope DOT info

Cheers
Andy

SHERO wrote:
> I am also getting the same message. I am trying to create a scatter graph 
> using a) draft selection and b)what score they got. I have 9 tables created 
> 1997-2005 with the same info in all of them. The graph creates 97-04 but when 
> i add 2005 to the information then the warning comes up. Why does it work 
> with 8 years of info but not with 9?
> 
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
> 
> 
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have not heard of that warning happening sporadically. It only happens 
>>when you try to combine charts that will not mix.
>>When you say it sometimes works is that when trying the same mixture on 
>>the same chart or another chart that looks similar?
>>
>>Cheers
>>Andy
>>
>>n_alexiou wrote:
>>
>>>I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with 
>>>other chart types. Select a different chart type"
>>>
>>>with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this 
>>>message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names 
>>>of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county
>>>
>>>what am i doing wrong?
>>
>>-- 
>>
>>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>http://www.andypope.info
>>

-- 

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
10/18/2008 10:17:20 AM
Hi,
 I also get the same message event with a simple data. This only happen with 
excel 2007. I have try the same file with Excel 2003 and it OK.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> If you want to email me the file, off newsgroup, I will have a look at 
> what maybe causing this.
> 
> andy AT andypope DOT info
> 
> Cheers
> Andy
> 
> SHERO wrote:
> > I am also getting the same message. I am trying to create a scatter graph 
> > using a) draft selection and b)what score they got. I have 9 tables created 
> > 1997-2005 with the same info in all of them. The graph creates 97-04 but when 
> > i add 2005 to the information then the warning comes up. Why does it work 
> > with 8 years of info but not with 9?
> > 
> > "Andy Pope" wrote:
> > 
> > 
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I have not heard of that warning happening sporadically. It only happens 
> >>when you try to combine charts that will not mix.
> >>When you say it sometimes works is that when trying the same mixture on 
> >>the same chart or another chart that looks similar?
> >>
> >>Cheers
> >>Andy
> >>
> >>n_alexiou wrote:
> >>
> >>>I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with 
> >>>other chart types. Select a different chart type"
> >>>
> >>>with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this 
> >>>message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names 
> >>>of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county
> >>>
> >>>what am i doing wrong?
> >>
> >>-- 
> >>
> >>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >>http://www.andypope.info
> >>
> 
> -- 
> 
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> 
0
Afzal (1)
8/25/2009 5:33:01 PM
Excel 2007 is less flexible when combining different chart types. For 
example, in Excel 2003 you could add a line or XY series to a stock 
chart. Excel 2007 doesn't let you add any type to a stock chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/



Afzal wrote:
> Hi,
>  I also get the same message event with a simple data. This only happen with 
> excel 2007. I have try the same file with Excel 2003 and it OK.
> 
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
> 
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you want to email me the file, off newsgroup, I will have a look at 
>> what maybe causing this.
>>
>> andy AT andypope DOT info
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> SHERO wrote:
>>> I am also getting the same message. I am trying to create a scatter graph 
>>> using a) draft selection and b)what score they got. I have 9 tables created 
>>> 1997-2005 with the same info in all of them. The graph creates 97-04 but when 
>>> i add 2005 to the information then the warning comes up. Why does it work 
>>> with 8 years of info but not with 9?
>>>
>>> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I have not heard of that warning happening sporadically. It only happens 
>>>> when you try to combine charts that will not mix.
>>>> When you say it sometimes works is that when trying the same mixture on 
>>>> the same chart or another chart that looks similar?
>>>>
>>>> Cheers
>>>> Andy
>>>>
>>>> n_alexiou wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I am getting this error message "Some chart types cannot be combined with 
>>>>> other chart types. Select a different chart type"
>>>>>
>>>>> with the same selection sometimes it goes smoothly, and sometimes i get this 
>>>>> message, and i am only trying to do a very basic column shart with the names 
>>>>> of the counties and the number of accidents for 5 years for each county
>>>>>
>>>>> what am i doing wrong?
>>>> -- 
>>>>
>>>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>>> http://www.andypope.info
>>>>
>> -- 
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info
>>
0
jonNO1 (306)
8/28/2009 3:14:49 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Prohibited File Type?
If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it? Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also gives the same warning both before sending and to the recipient? The files In question are jpg files. Anyone advise please? Tools/Safety/Options/Security Uncheck - do not allow attachments to be save or opened - block images and other external content Check (op...

Outlook newsgroup message not visable to OE clients
Suddenly last week, without any changes on my part (really), our Exchange 2003 SP1 server is handling newsgroup messages strangely. If an Outlook client in Exchange mode posts a message, the message is visable by the other Outlook corporate clients, but NOT by NNTP clients like Outlook Express and Thunderbird. Posts by NNTP clients are visable by both types of clients. It would seem to be a NNTP connector issue, but I'm finding no information or error messages. Any ideas? Dave ...

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

error messages 03-03-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Was syncing entourage with mailme when i got an error message. I clicked it off and they kept coming...at one time I had 20 on the screen. I had to close the program and then turn off my Macbook Pro, then turn it on. I cannot use Entourage without this happening...opened it and one popped right up. On 2010-03-02 22:09:33 -0500, padreruf@officeformac.com said: > Was syncing entourage with mailme when i got an error message. I > clicked it off and they kept coming...at one time I had 20 on the &...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

charting independent XYScatter graphs
I'm trying to create a XYScatter graph of 3 independent datasets from within VB6 using OLE/Excel2000. I'm using the KB147803 article as a basis, but am stuck and hope someone can help. The example in KB147803 seems to indicate that there can only be one set of X-Values for the 3 XY Scatter Graph data sets. The X-Value series is the first row of data in the sheet, and is called out as a set of Category labels ('cwCategoryLabels=1'), and applies to all three subsequent rows of Y-Value data. In my case, I want to plot 3 independent sets of XY data, so I'd like to pr...

Timeout error
When I open outlook I get a Timeout error. I can ping the exchange server. Any ideas. Thanks, Wesley try to expand timeout time . There is an option in an advanced menu for that account.. "Wesley Steele" <ws@fulcrumgroup.co.za>, iletide �unu yazd� news:OE0K1sbUDHA.3308@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I open outlook I get a Timeout error. > > I can ping the exchange server. > > Any ideas. > > Thanks, > Wesley > > ...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

Report Load Error via CRM
I am loading a very basic report that had a complex query but works fine when running it in VS2005. When I attempt to load the report via the CRM 4.0 GUI, I get the following error message: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." This report does not have any parameters at all, and the most intense thing are embedded select statements which I have done on other reports. I have instal...

Trouble using resolution for Outlook error
I am recieving the error in Outlook mentioned on the following page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822503 The instructions say to resolve the issue for an existing installation, specify the *.pst file by using the Mail icon in Control Panel. First of all, I do not know what *.pst file they are referring to. The following directory on my machine: C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Sokalski\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Contains the following *.pst files: archive.pst njsokalski@hotmail.comHotmail-00000002.pst Outlook1.pst Outlook.pst I am ver...

Copy chart with reference table
I have a pie chart neatly tied to a data table alongside. Now I want to copy both the chart and table to a different area of the sheet so I can modify the new data table and have 2 different charts. My issue is that the chart will only allow absolute references, so when I copy both the chart and table together the new chart still is tied to the old table - so I have to go and change the source data ranges one by one. Any way that I can do this easily? Copy the whole sheet. The copied chart links to the data on the copied sheet. Now cut the range that includes the copied char...

EXCEL.exe has generated errors
For an knowned reason, the following message recently started to display when clicking on EXCEL on an Windows 2000 system. EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will needed to restart the program. An error log is being created. (OK) Attempts have been made to repair, deinstall and reinstall Office 2000. However, the above message still displays with trying to bring up EXCEL. Can anyone help? This WebPage by Chip Pearson provides a good place to troubleshoot. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm HTH Paul --...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

Crystal Report error: information is needed 02-03-04
After reinstalling CRM I get this error when I try to get a report. I know there is information since I'm just asking for the user list. ---------------------------------------- CrystalReportViewer Information is needed before this report can be processed. Information is needed before this report can be processed. ---------------------------------------- Any Ideas? Thanks Also recieved this error, and have logged an issue with MS, no resolution yet. One tip they did provide, remove any underscores ("_") from the server name. This has resolved the issue for a lot ...

2003: LDAP Error
I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: field. The error header reads "Microsoft LDAP Diectory" The message is "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Check the settings of the Address Book. Tools -> Address Book. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16e7a01c41791$16dbb210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error > message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: > field. >...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

Outlook Express Error message #8
The following message comes up each time I try to send email thru Outlook Express": Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible cause for this indles server problem, network problems. or a long period of inactivity. Acct. 'IMAP.aol.com', Server:SMTP.aol.com Protocol:SMTP, Port 25, Secure(SSL) No. Socket Error 10061, Error #OX800CCOE. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. Y...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...

XY Chart
I have created a short VBA macro that reads x and y data from a spreadsheet, where every row represents a new series. Besides the x and y data colums, I also have columns that specify the size of the marker, the markerstyle, and the foreground and background colors. I have adapted some of John Walkenbach's code to label each of the datapoints using .name. The x axis is basically an integer 1 to 5 and the y axis is a value like price or variable margin. There usually are multiple datapoints on any given integer on the x axis. For example, I may be plotting the price that a custom...

importing Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2003
In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and Received date for messages sent out have the same date. The import function in Outlook 2003 to import Outlook Express messages changes the Received Date to the date/time of the import. Is there a way to retain the Sent Date as the Received Date or is there a way to convert the Received Date of a sent e-mail to be the same as the e-mail's Sent Date. Regards, Rannoch "rannoch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016c01c42631$4e3d7500$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and ...

Some Messages Don't Download from Server
I've upgraded to Outlook 2003. Lately, it seems that some of the messages on my earthlink server are not downloaded when I use Send/Receive. There seems to be pattern as to which messages are downloaded and which remain on the server. Anybody got any ideas how to fix this? ...