Error bars plot black triangles

In Excel 2007, when I try to plot vertical error bars on a chart with no zero
or negative values it gives me the standard error that "Negative or zero
values cannot be plotted correctly on log charts." Then when it actually
graphs the data there are strange black triangles stretching across the chart
that should not be there. I know that if I uncheck the "logarithmic" box it
will show correctly, but the x-axis needs to be logarithmic for this to work
for what I need.

There is another thread here that I am aware of but the solution that worked
for that person did not work for me, so I am looking to see if someone else
has come up with another option. Just a note, in the 2003 version of Excel,
when there are "Negative or zero" data points it just doesn't show anything
on the chart for them so there are no black triangles. Thanks for your help.
0
VAIUser (3)

I would be interested in seeing this data and chart.
Can you send sample to my private email?
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"VAIUser" <VAIUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2007, when I try to plot vertical error bars on a chart with no
> zero
> or negative values it gives me the standard error that "Negative or zero
> values cannot be plotted correctly on log charts." Then when it actually
> graphs the data there are strange black triangles stretching across the
> chart
> that should not be there. I know that if I uncheck the "logarithmic" box
> it
> will show correctly, but the x-axis needs to be logarithmic for this to
> work
> for what I need.
>
> There is another thread here that I am aware of but the solution that
> worked
> for that person did not work for me, so I am looking to see if someone
> else
> has come up with another option. Just a note, in the 2003 version of
> Excel,
> when there are "Negative or zero" data points it just doesn't show
> anything
> on the chart for them so there are no black triangles. Thanks for your
> help.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
7/16/2008 7:45:02 PM
What is your email address? I tried to send it to bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca,
i wasn't sure if that was your email or not. It wouldn't deliever the message
there. Do you have an alternate one?
0
VAIUser (3)
7/16/2008 8:40:07 PM
remove capital letters

--

> What is your email address? I tried to send it to
> bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca,
> i wasn't sure if that was your email or not. It wouldn't deliever the
> message
> there. Do you have an alternate one?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
7/16/2008 9:38:59 PM
I tried to send it to you without capital letters but I don't know if you got
it. If you didn't can you just write your email in a post here so I can make
sure I didn't mistype something, thanks.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> remove capital letters
>
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
0
VAIUser (3)
7/17/2008 12:43:00 PM
Problem resolved as far as possible with XL2007
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

"VAIUser" <VAIUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2007, when I try to plot vertical error bars on a chart with no
> zero
> or negative values it gives me the standard error that "Negative or zero
> values cannot be plotted correctly on log charts." Then when it actually
> graphs the data there are strange black triangles stretching across the
> chart
> that should not be there. I know that if I uncheck the "logarithmic" box
> it
> will show correctly, but the x-axis needs to be logarithmic for this to
> work
> for what I need.
>
> There is another thread here that I am aware of but the solution that
> worked
> for that person did not work for me, so I am looking to see if someone
> else
> has come up with another option. Just a note, in the 2003 version of
> Excel,
> when there are "Negative or zero" data points it just doesn't show
> anything
> on the chart for them so there are no black triangles. Thanks for your
> help.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
7/18/2008 12:09:41 AM
Hi Bernard,

Just for future reference what did you do to resolve the problem?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> Problem resolved as far as possible with XL2007
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> Microsoft Excel MVP
> http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "VAIUser" <VAIUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In Excel 2007, when I try to plot vertical error bars on a chart with no
>> zero
>> or negative values it gives me the standard error that "Negative or zero
>> values cannot be plotted correctly on log charts." Then when it actually
>> graphs the data there are strange black triangles stretching across the
>> chart
>> that should not be there. I know that if I uncheck the "logarithmic" box
>> it
>> will show correctly, but the x-axis needs to be logarithmic for this to
>> work
>> for what I need.
>>
>> There is another thread here that I am aware of but the solution that
>> worked
>> for that person did not work for me, so I am looking to see if someone
>> else
>> has come up with another option. Just a note, in the 2003 version of
>> Excel,
>> when there are "Negative or zero" data points it just doesn't show
>> anything
>> on the chart for them so there are no black triangles. Thanks for your
>> help.

0
andy9699 (3616)

IE8 and norton 360 tool bar
norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or 64 bit, i dont know google do i have 32-bit or 64-bit internet explorer --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est tomv wrote: > norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or 64 > bit, i dont know Contact Norton Support. tomv wrote: > norton tool bar inop since i upgraded to IE8, norton asks if IE8 is 32 or > 64 > bit, i dont know Forget the Google suggestion above (for once). Just see this KB article; it provides exactly the answer to your question: h...

Error Entry Point Not Found.
When I start Outlook with default to show outlook today, I get the following error message: "The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. If I switch it back to starting in inbox I do not get this message. I only get it when it tries to access outlook today. Can anyone help? Thanks I'm getting the same exact thing. If you find a cure, could you repost. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >When I start Outlook with default to show outlook today, >I get the following error message: "The procedure entry >poi...

Read Only error when completing activities in SFO
When I close an activity in SFO and mark it as complete I receive a warning dialog that states that the record in CRM is read only and it will not be updated. How can I get the record to update properly in CRM when I mark it as complete in SFO? ...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

Missing Title Bar
I don't know what I did. Now the title bar of my document is missing, and the document is in a fixed position below my toolbar. I cannot minimize or expand my document. Please help. Thanks in advance, you rock! Sounds to me like you maximized the spreadsheet. If this is the case look in the upper left corner of excel. You should see a Min, Norma and Max buttons for excel. Below these, you should see another set o Min, Normal and Max buttons which is for the spreadsheet. Click th middle one (normal) to return to the original way of viewing. -- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

FRx scroll bars
It seems that FRx scroll bars 'freeze' sometime when my client is using drilldown viewer. They have to log out of it and go back in to get them active again. They are on FRx 6.7.9111. Is that an issue that you have seen before? -- Janey Yes, it seems to be a bug in the latest service pack. It didn't happen prior to applying the SP. Tell them to not to use the arrow buttons to scroll - either drag the little scroll button or click in the scroll bar to scroll up and down. That should prevent the scroll bar freeze. Another bug in the latest SP - exporting to Excel doesn...

winsock error message
I have recently installed a mail server (ArGoSoft) on my computer. When I send an email on the mail server, Outlook indicates that it has been sent, but the log on the server indicates that there is a "Winsock error when communicating with exchanger." Everything else checks out. I don't think it is a DNS problem, but I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks! Richard ...

Employee Master Table error after V10 SP3
i have updated V10 to SP3, from SP1, and all seems to be fine except if I try to access the employee master table. Either from cards>payroll>Employee, or payroll transaction entry. Anytime I need to do a lookup on an employee id. Here is the message: A Get Change operation on table UPR_MSTR failed accessing SQL Data If I go to the more information or details button: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'EMPLSUFF' [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'Dex_Row_TS' -- Doug It looks like an upgrade script failed...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0dThis would not be a major pr
Dell inspirion 1545 Windows Vista HB MSG: The host 'http://get.live.com could not be found' Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 I have uninstalled/Installed Windows Live Mail and get the same error. Email cannot be accessed via the Windows Live interface, only via hotmail. This would not be a major problem except that I cannot send photos. -- Thanks for the help. JohnnyT http://get.live.com is not used for email Is this problem occurring with a Hotmail account ? If using the pop3/smtp protocol for sending/receiving with a Hotmail account...

Great Plains Pervasive db error PM_TRANSACTION_OPEN
Hi: My company has a pretty old version of Great Plains running pervasive SQL 2000. Recently, while somone was performing a payables batch job, windows reported that the program was not responding and gave them the ability to end the task. They did. Now there is this batch process that says "Posting" and has been for the second day now. The error message they received was: "Unhandled database exception: A save operation on table 'PM_Transaction_OPEN' has created a duplicate key." We don't have support for this and cannot afford to upgrade. My question i...

When opening Excel get File Not Found error
When I open Excel for the first time, I get an error that says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and then it says "File Not Found" I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Try opening excel in save mode excel.exe /s if you don't get the prompt, then it is probably related to a bad addin you have selected in tools=>addins or a workbook in your xlstart subdirectory. (try moving any files found there). You can then start adding things back until you find the file causing the problem. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Andy" <anonymou...

Save and Close Error in accounts and contacts
Hi - Just upgraded to CRM 4 and am noticing an error when accessing via the web: When I his either save and close or save and new in an account or a contact I get an error popup - "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error Please tell Microsoft about this problem..... The XML report that is sent to MS is as follows: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Syntax error</Message> <Line>106</Line> <URL>/ORG NAME/sfa/conts/...

Error after mailbox move E2K
Hi! Yesterday I moved a mailbox from one E2K server to the other one. Event log at server 1 told me that it was finished sucessfully. It disappeared from the Exchange System Manager view at server 1.Server 2 shows a red cross in front of the mailbox. In the context menu I am offered to reconnect the mailbox. But after choosing this I'm told that it is already connected to a user, that replication is not finished. But this ongoing for too many hours. Server 1 shows event 1205 in the event log (mailbox of this user cannot be created due to error 0x50x). I also cannot move the mailbox back o...

Exract Data And Error Msg
ERROR MSG: Microsoft Excel cannot determine which row in your list or selection contains column labels which are required for this operation I can’t figure out why: The names of my Columns are as follows: ITEM QTY DAYS TOTAL I formatted them as Text. How do I make Excel know they are column labels and furthermore… I am composing an invoice for my rental business. I have set up a sheet with all the items that I rent. The cost of each item is determined by the number of items time the number of days rented. I would like to extract, to a separate location,(sheet 2) only the items that we...

Error accessing database
Hi all, I'm trying to log into a newly added database, but get the error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Prodecure or function smCleanUpFilesBeforeLigin has too many arguments specified. Then, clicking OK, you get another one: The stored procedure smCleanUpFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: 8144, Great Plains: 0. What has happened there, and how can I resolve it please? This happens even when logging in as 'sa' to the database. Thanks all, John ...

CRMAddin error after Rollup 2
Hi All We have Rollup 2 installed both on client and on server. We are running v3c client on Office 2007. Yesterdat and last week I received 2 addin errors. CRM refused to start when I entered Outlook the first time. When I restarted Outlook everything worked fine. The event log gave me this error. Event ID 5987 Synchronization between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft CRM could not be initialized or started. Changes in CRM or Outlook may not be propagated. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80070003. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=685. Any help with this...

relay error/recipient policy
I am trying to add another domain to have mail delivered to our Exchange server. Currently we have xxx.company.ca and yyy.company1.com. We are looking to add another sub domain of company.ca so for example zzz.company.ca. I have added this in the recipient list but did not right click and apply this. Our recipient list and our email accounts are setup in a way that I am not sure if Applying this policy will cause the entire organization problems. Users currently have email addresses @company.ca as their primary but also xxx.company.ca as a secondary. The recipient policy only has x...

installation fatal error
I'm try to install Microsoft Crm server 1.0 and the installation results in the follow: Installation ended prematurely because of an error (80004005) Failed to install Microsoft CRM Server.". "Failed to Install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server Setup.". "Unspecified error". "(80004005)". I'm running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Promoted to a DC for my child domain extranet, SQL Server 2003 with SP3 running same Domain, SQL Authentication Windows Only CRM never seems to create the database but create a OBDC connection using Administrator ...

EFT Error Relating to Address ID
We've recently started getting EFT errors. Anytime I try to post a regular cash receipt for an EFT customer I get the following error message "An error has occured with the EFT checkbook setup information." After clicking okay about 8 times I get: "All call stacks are in use. Cannot start script." After which GP shuts down. The bookeeper has had to change the Address ID's from MAIN to PRIMARY in order to doc the cash receipt and then change them back in order to process the customers' EFT payments. Has anyone seen an error like this before? Thanks, Geo...

ADO Field is Nothing error
Running ANY integration on version 10 (have SP 4 installed in Dynamics AND integration manager) yields this error for EVERY user except me (I am an administrator on our domain). There are no symbols or weird charcters. These worked fine a couple months ago, but now no one can run any. These are not even sql optimized eConnect one. They are basic standard integrations. Are you using a shared Integration Manager database or does each user have their own. If the latter, then users may not be seeing the file you are seeing in the location you are seeing it. Best regards, --...

GP Error....
All, Has anyone seen this error before. I did some research and could not find anything: "The stored procedur PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass Through SQL Returned the following results: DBMS: 12 Microsoft Dynamics GP;." Jamal try to recreate the stored procedure and see if this resolves the error "Jamal" <jma@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:ubhstc%236HHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > All, > Has anyone seen this error before. I did some research and could not find > anything: > "The stored procedur PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass ...

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Syntex Error ??
Would someone mind heaving a look at this segment of code and letting me know if they can see whats wrong with it please. Many thanks Paul 'Sort by ID number Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Sort Key1:=Range("F2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes, _ Orientation:=xlTopToBottom -- Paul Cooke ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Cooke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29268 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491797 You don't indicate what kind ...