error bars on bar chart in Excel 2007

I would like to assign a separate error bar value to each of the data sets
within my bar chart. When I use the customise error bars feature it allocates
the same error bar to all of the bars in the graph.

Each chart in the bar is a mean in itself, hence the requirement for
individual error bars.

I see from previous posts that this appeared to be possible in Excel 2003
but I don't have access to this version.

0
Millie (8)

If each bar represents the average of a set of numbers, then you can
calculate the standard deviation (or other measure of dispersion) for this
set of numbers. Put these calculations in a convenient place in the
worksheet, then when defining the error bars, use the custom values, and
select this range of calculated errors.

I couldn't stand how stupid and convoluted the interface gymnastics were to
add error bars in Excel 2007, so I wrote myself a little utility to do them
more easily. I have made the utility compatible with Excel versions
2000-2007, and posted it on my site (it's free!):

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/>
Advanced Excel Conference - Training in Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009-06-ACNJ/AdvExcelConf200906ACNJ.html
_______

"Millie" <Millie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to assign a separate error bar value to each of the data sets
> within my bar chart. When I use the customise error bars feature it
> allocates
> the same error bar to all of the bars in the graph.
>
> Each chart in the bar is a mean in itself, hence the requirement for
> individual error bars.
>
> I see from previous posts that this appeared to be possible in Excel 2003
> but I don't have access to this version.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How to export Notes to Excel
Hi all, I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? Thanks -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede Navigate to Advanced Find and select 'Notes', then export as necessary/appropriate.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Phumulani" wrote: > Hi all, > > I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i > do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? > > Thanks > -- > phumulaniluyandacollinlembede ...

Excel not Access

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Excel Problem