error bars display

I am plotting graphs with custom error bars in Excel 2003. If I change the
size of the error bars (by changing the cells that the custom error bars
refer to), the error bar patterns sometimes, but not always, change by
themselves. For example, I normally set the error bars to medium line
thickness and with a cap on the ends, but when I change the source data for
the error bars, some of them change to a different line thickness and/or no
cap on the ends. They are not even consistent within the same series. About
2-5 out of 12 error bars in each graph (not always the same 2-5) get changed
each time. I know how to change the error bar settings, but it's a pain
having to change them back all the time when Excel changes them by itself.

Have I missed a setting somewhere - does Excel automatically change the
error bar pattern depending on the size of the error bar? Is there a way to
turn this off? Or is it a bug in the program?

Thanks.
0
Amy (241)

This happens to me too. I just shrug and fix the error bars. It may be my
imagination, but it seems that if the last thing I do when formatting the
error bars is select the icon for end cap or no end cap, the format is more
durable.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am plotting graphs with custom error bars in Excel 2003. If I change the
> size of the error bars (by changing the cells that the custom error bars
> refer to), the error bar patterns sometimes, but not always, change by
> themselves. For example, I normally set the error bars to medium line
> thickness and with a cap on the ends, but when I change the source data
> for
> the error bars, some of them change to a different line thickness and/or
> no
> cap on the ends. They are not even consistent within the same series.
> About
> 2-5 out of 12 error bars in each graph (not always the same 2-5) get
> changed
> each time. I know how to change the error bar settings, but it's a pain
> having to change them back all the time when Excel changes them by itself.
>
> Have I missed a setting somewhere - does Excel automatically change the
> error bar pattern depending on the size of the error bar? Is there a way
> turn this off? Or is it a bug in the program?
>
> Thanks.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Paint error
I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an error and needs to close" Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? -- Frank C Dell Inspiron 530S Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 Dell studio laptop Win Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 HP Photosmart D7260 "Frank C" wrote: > I have a friend running XP that gets a paint error "Paint has encountered an > error and needs to close" > Where, in the event viewer, might she find more detail on this error? > > -- > Frank C > ...

i am getting fatal error C1033
Hi all while i was compliling my project through VC++ (6.0) It ia giving following error e:\empresent\source\winsys\ttf\fontbmp.c(0) : fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'e:\empresent\source\build\x86\vc60.pdb' NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2' Stop. Although vc60.pdb is present in the following path. Please help me out what to do. Thanks in advance Meenal I can only guess, the file may be locked/corrupt or not accessible. Reboot and see if you still get the same problem. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Sometimes clearing...

Client install error 04-11-07
I am installing the CRM client software. The install went fine on the other two laptops. I am getting the following messages on one laptop. MSDE Service Pack 4 Missing Minimum version 8.00.818. click Install Installation starts Installation Failed If I click Back and attempt it again the install fails. Please advise. cheers, Michael Try the latest version of CRM Outloo Client. It's comes with SQL 2005 Express Edition. It's more stable than the one comes with MSDE 2000. "Michael P. Lindekugel" <MichaelPLindekugel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2002 "Today" error
I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists." any ideas? thanks harry harry <a_harrison_uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I get this "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not > access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists." Open your mail profile (Control Panel>Mail) and see where Outlook is expecting to find your PST. Verify that it is where it is supposed to be. -- Brian Tillman I checked that & in my case it's looki...

Excel Caused Error in VBE6.dll. Excel will Close
When trying to open Excel 2000 (Office Professional) / Windows ME the above message appeared and Excel would not open. Renaming the VBE6.DLL file and then repair and then reinstal Office did not work as the original dated VBE6.DLL file reappeared Has anyone had the sme problem? If so did you find a workable solution? ... and what was it? ...

automation error
Hi I have set up an automation with Outlook and sending emails to our clients. I am using Redemption to avoid the security dialogs. The problem is when it sends around 373 email, an error will occur and emails stopped. I tried to open other forms but an error msg pops up citing not enough memory. (Other programs works properly). When I close Access and reopen it operates normally and when I send emails again, it will stop again at 373-5 emails. I tried sending very much smaller sized emails e.g "just hello". (50 bytes). It still creates the error after 373 emails. What could be wr...

IMF v2 and the "GUI error"
Good morning everyone! I have a rather simple question: has something - of which I am currently unaware - fixed the GUI error with respect to the IMF v2 "configuration". Here is why I am asking this question. First of all, I have seen a lot of documentation and read a lot of posts about the error in the GUI. The part where you set the Gateway Filter to 7 (or whatever) and the text reads something to the effect of "Block messages with a SCL Rating greater than or equal to:" and you supply the number. Same for the Junk E-mail folder. I always thought that if you s...

Bar Graph Help
I'm trying to create a graph similar to the bar graph shown in the middle of the dashboard in the link below labeled as "YTD % of target", but don't know how to get the overlapping bars in excel. Can anyone advise? Thanks! http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Download2/Airline%20Dashboard2.png Here's one way to do it... Add the YTD % series to your bar graph, and then format the series so that it is on the secondary axis. XL will probably create a secondary X-axis, but that will cause a distortion of the data. We need them to be plotted on the same x-ax...

Hi I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice over.. I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support but it comes up with nothing. The error is "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on" any Ideas thanks It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to connect to. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message ...

Insert statement with errors
Hi, I am getting the error Too few parameters Expected 1 when i try to run the following SQL statement: strSQL = "INSERT INTO BudgetGST ( Idbranch, Avril )" & _ " SELECT Idbranch, (Avril*cGST)" & _ " FROM GrossMois WHERE GrossMois.IdBranch = " & num Avril is a field from GrossMois that contains a value and cGST is a constant. can anyone tell me what is wrong Thanks Alain What's this: (Avril*cGST) If it is meant to be 2 fields multiplied together, supply an alias for the result: strSQL = "INSERT INTO B...

Error can't Find File
Hi, I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the previous day. I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is called MyFileMarch2010. The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. -- Thank you Dave As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments if day(date)=1 then do this else do that end if -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

Why does Outlook display text in yellow? How can i change it?
When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? Are you using stationery by any chance? -- Kathleen Orland "Wise Dog" <Wise Dog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D2FBAF7-2B2B-4C66-AE33-B2CA5A51B821@microsoft.com... > When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, > parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? ...

CRM Callout error (ComException) 02-04-04
I followed the example of Microsoft on how to create a Callout CO interface (found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmPostCalloutsv1d2.asp) But I keep getting the same error System.Runtime.InteropSevices.ComException: The file name is too long I used very short names so I don't understand where this error woul come from. Anybody got any idea's or encountered this in the past Regards Edwin Jongsm Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_366F0616 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Is you machine name longer t...

Error after applying SP1 on GP 9.0 with SQL 2005 P2
I have applied SP1 on GP 9.0 on the server and the GP utilities shows all companies have been updated, however when I attempt to login to a couple of companies I recieve a message "[Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]procedure smcleanup filesbeforelogin has no parameters and arguments were supplied". I have compatablility set to 90 ------=_NextPart_0001_5EFEE3FC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. It seems the update may have failed on one or more stored procedures. You can attempt to recreate this sto...

Report Error
I'm running GP 6.0 and one of my reports (Orders with discrepancies) is receiving an error "GPS Error: 58". Any ideas on the error and where to look for resolution? Thanks Jeff... ...

Wrong Font Displayed
The message fonts I select (arial) for composing and replying to mail is not applied. Instead my messages appear in Times New Roman. Suggestions? What version of Outlook? What version of Office? What Mail Format for Outlook? (TOOLS | OPTIONS) Click the MAIL FORMAT TAB -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "azair" <azairdb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:043601c356ef$b72fc700$a501280a@phx.gbl... The message fonts I select (arial) for composing and replying to mail is not applied. Instead my messages appear in Times New Roman. Suggestions? Outlook 2002 sp2 Offic...

Runtime error 429: Activex Component Can't create object
Dear helpers, Kindly guide me to resolve my vista related problem. I am running .exe file on Vista ultimate but it giving run time error "429: Activex Component Can't create object". The exe file works well on XP. May be it's a scripting error .... kindly advise what to do ro resolve it. Regards, Hina Naz -- Hina Naz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hina Naz's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226902.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1342465.htm http://forums.techarena.i...

Error :XML not defined
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C60F1B.FCDBE180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to imput data in too a xml file. How can it deal with the = issues below I try putting in System.XML to see but it give me a error about only = having one inherits per class. Partial Class _xxxx Inherits Web.UI.Page Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As = System.EventArgs) Handles btnSubmit.Click Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument Dim newComment As XmlDocumentFra...

error message #26
If i create a shortcut to a workbook on the desktop, I get a the message that a file by that name is already open. Clicking ok makes the message go away and the file works fine. this does not occur when opening the file any other way. Not fatal, bu annoying Maybe... http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen From the FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site. "paboombillanonymous@aol.com" wrote: > > If i create a shortcut to a workbook on the desktop, I get > a the message that a file by that name is already open. > Clicking ok makes the message go away and the ...

title bar and menu bar in black
My title bar and menu bar are in black. The menu bar is easy to read because the words are in white. I can't see the three boxes in the upper right corner of the title bar until I "hover" over them. Is there a way to change the color of the title bar and/or menu bar to a lighter color? I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance. Stephen Reinstein SteveR7138@msn.com What windows colors /scheme are you using? Which office/outlook color are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

Set begin/end times in a bar chart
I am trying to set up a employee shift schedule with a floating bar chart for approx. 30 employees. I can get the bar to start at the right time, but it does not end at the correct time. How can I accomplish this? I have to print out a daily schedule on a weekly basis so I would like to create a reusable chart for this function. I am using Excel and Powerpoint. Thanks for your help. Hi, Have a read of Jon's article on Gantt charts. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 He also has a collection of links on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...

re: error 1320
Dear Glyn Thank you for your reply. To be honest I don't know about the DOS Subst command. I used the administrative tool like you suggested - it shows that I have one disc drive. (I wasn't sure what to do with the c management window...) I tried installing a custom version, and put it on C drive - same result. I did properties of the N and C drive and noticed that they both have exactly the same amount of used and unused space - which seems a bit of a coincidence! They are both NTFS if that is any relevance. I also did map network drives - there is no "n" drive coming...

navigation bar on SSL page missing
I have a pretty basic site setup and recently added a page for customers to submit credit cards online through a secure page. I wanted a top level navigation bar to appear on all pages so I included it in the header of each page. The header contains a banner (company logo) and the navigation bar. Links are Home, Feedback, Gift Cards. The remaining navigation (navigation view) of the site falls under Home. The links go down about 2 more levels. Everything works great except when I goto the gift cards page the aforementioned top level navigation bar is missing. All users see is th...

Tool Bar Command List
The tool bar command window (for customizing tool bars) is painfully = small,=20 making it rather tedious to find a command without knowing it exact = name. Can anyone point me to a list (hopefully with descriptions) of tool bar=20 commands? On 7/26/04 11:03 AM, "Dave Creek" wrote: > The tool bar command window (for customizing tool bars) is painfully small, > making it rather tedious to find a command without knowing it exact name. It's not just the size making it tedious, it's the inconsistent and unintuitive way the commands are named. Note that the All Command...

error message when printing from outlook emails
all of the sudden I am no longer able to print from Outlook 2002. I get the message "messaging interfact has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook, rebooted the computer and emptied all deleted items - all at the suggestion of others. Nothing has worked. This is a fairly new computer (2 months) running Windows XP. I have no problems printing other documents or from the web. I'm confused. Any suggestions? This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear...