embed x.s sheet to HTmL page

Hi,
I have a file called Bonds.xls located on my C drive in a flode
called Support. I want to insert this file to  a HTML pae. I trie
embed, object and everything I could find but i cant get it to insert
I am using office and OS wkin200.
Can anybody give me some help? I dont know if I am using tags wrong o
just wrong tags.
thank

Have you tried saving the worksheet in html format?  You can incorporate
this html code into the web page.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

fleart1 wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a file called Bonds.xls located on my C drive in a floder
> called Support. I want to insert this file to  a HTML pae. I tried
> embed, object and everything I could find but i cant get it to insert.
> I am using office and OS wkin200.
> Can anybody give me some help? I dont know if I am using tags wrong or
> just wrong tags.
> thanks
>

> ---

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

Quota's
Can someone please tell me how I set a quota for each of my sales people? I cannot find anything to do with Quota's Thanks Dave First thing you have to do is visit the 'Customisation' area and under the 'Common tasks' select the "Fiscal Year Settings". This used only for Sales Quotas. Be careful!!!! As this is a one-time only setting and once set cannot be changed. The key field here is the 'template' this will determine how many sales quota periods you require in the year (E.g. Monthly template will create 12 quota periods). Once you have set ...

"What's This?"
In older versions of Office, there was a "What's This?" function (either under the Help menu, or as a right click". When my company upgraded, I was unable to find it...is this still available? Thankx, CT This is a response on this subject from Debra Dalgleish The "What's This" feature has been removed from the Help menu, and from the dialog boxes. In dialog boxes that still show the button, clicking it will open Help, instead of providing information on a clicked item. If you'd like to suggest its reinstatement, you can send suggestions to: ...

How can I cross reference a SmartArt Graphic to a page/text?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to allow users to click on the SmartArt Graphic on my first page and automatically go to the respective page within the document. I click next to the wording on the graphic and go to Insert, but it will not allow me to insert the cross reference. You can do it the other way around - from the text to the graphic, but not from the graphic to the text. Anyone know a way around this or another way to do it? Objects cannot be used as active hyperlinks in a Word document. You can do what you describ...

find a bug to Lebans's AutoSizeTextBox
Hi Stephen, Recently, I used on my form a your example, http://www.lebans.com/autosize_textbox.htm, to resize automatically the width of text box to fit its content. Of course it works great and I am very happy about it. But If I try to insert this symbol &, the box doesn't fit any more the text in it! I tried even with your example, if I add a new record and write on any text box ''Dog & Cat''. It doen't works but if I try with ''Dog and Cat'' it works great. Why!! Please let me known any idea about that! Many thanks Stefano I haven't tr...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

DL's from "Personal Folders" empty after moving them to Exchange "Contacts"
Hey everyone, We were running a Linux (PostFix) mail server where everyone was using POP3 and a .pst file to view their email. They were using Outlook 2000 as the client. We are moving to Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Our DCs are Windows 2003 too. Here's the problem: After we convert a user we move all of their data from their .pst file up to the server. After we do that, we see that their DLs on the server side are now empty! Anyone know what is going on? Any white papers? Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Clayton Sutton wrote: > Hey everyone, &...

Script for Query-Based DL's
Pardon me if posted in the wrong place. We are scripting a large amount of OU structures and administration groups with delegation through dsacls. This is something that is repeated many times. One item that is asked to create is a query-based DL. Since it would need to be ran so many times and for consistency I am trying to find if we can have the script create the Q-B DL's. I have found scripts for dsacls and the Q-B DL's but I'm having a hard time finding how to script the creation of the DL's. Does anyone know how this would be done? Thank you, Michael ...

range of data from different sheets
I'm having trouble creating a graph because the data is spread on different sheets. I've got a new sheet for each month and I'd like to produce a trend graph. Do I have to bring each set of numbers onto the same sheet, or is there a way to have a range of data spread over various sheets? I hope that makes sense! For any given series, for any given set of values (x or y) the data must be on the same sheet. Other than that, you can have data on multiple sheets. So, for one series you could have the series name on one sheet, the x- values on a 2nd sheet, and the y-values on a...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Adding Property pages from Dll?
Hi, I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my dialog box. I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via a dll? Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but I cannot find it. Any hint? Many thanks Simon. I had this same requirement. I have a control panel applet that has a set of property pages. The applet will also look for components with certain extensions, LoadLibrary the module, and make a call into that dll via GetProcAddress mechanisms. One of the things returned is a pointer to a CProp...

Office v.x Test Drive Timed Out After Two Weeks
I bought my wife a Macintosh G4 tower. I purchased Office v.x at the same time, but UPS delivered the Office package separately. We found the test drive software on the hard drive and used it while waiting for the Office software. I was waiting for a friend to come back from vacation to get help exporting e-mail from Entourage so I could uninstall the test drive and install the real software. Something happened--my guess is it was configuring the system to use local time (it defaulted to Pacific)--that caused the test drive to suddenly stop working. Is there some way to get the ...

can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?
I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any ideas? Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD3B5CB-8D56-49DE-B632-06617A54EBE7@microsoft.com... >I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in > sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any > idea...

employee contribution for Worker's Compensation in Washington
I have a customer in Washington, and we've identified a show-stopper for the sale. It's a known issue (we have sent it to MBS for other Washington customers). In payroll, the employee pays a contribution to their Worker's Compensation benefits. However, in GP, on the employee contribution side, there is no room for the calculation 2 digits after the decimal. It must be at least 4 digits. I don't know if you can nudge anyone to program this, or if it is already scheduled for an upcoming release, but it sure would be nice to be able to close the deal... ------=_NextPart_0...

Data Validation Lists
I have been searching the web all day, and I am not sure how to approach this problem. Here is a basic worksheet: ID Name Serial # 1 Joe ck9033n2389d 2 Joe 349-283fjrjh55 3 Bob c90320j34n5kjdf 4 Joe kgho95injhs 5 Bob 2353gdf745 Step 1: I have a drop down list with only one instance of each of the "Name" variable. Step 2: Upon selecting that name, I would like another drop down box with all the serial numbers associated with that person. Step 3: Then, based on the serial number, display stats in the same row for that i...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

Protect sheet #3
I am working on an Excel document witch is a big database. I would like to set a password with the "protect sheet" option in the Tools/Protection menu. "Normal" users who will open the database won't be able to edit the document, but will rather open it in "read only" mode. The problem is that I still want these users to be able to use the "auto filter" and also use the "sort A-Z" option. I have tried to select these options in the configuration of the protection (protect sheet window) but it doesn't work. I can't do any of those tw...

PAGES DISAPPEARED
I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't insert a page without losing the preceeding page. I'm not sure they're gone, but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen that contain the page numbers are gone. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007). Any ideas? You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs back. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msau...

What's better than RMS?
I have been using RMS for 3 years now for my clothing store. Now that my store is expanding 3 times, I am evaluating to see if I should add on to the existing RMS or get a better POS system. RMS has not improved on features for so long that I am starting to look at others. I like RMS for 1. SQL-based so that I can do my own custom qwery/reporting in Excel. 2. Easy to use for everyone. 3. It's backed by Microsoft and is fairly inexpensive. But I have been waiting for features such as 1. Store credit management (using the voucher feature sucks) 2. Entering total count of items at the end ...

Where's my Help gone?
I use Excel Help frequently Earlier today it was OK but later, I tried and the "Contents and Index" in the Help Menu is greyed out. What have I done? How can I get access to Help Contents and Index? Any thoughts greatly appreciated Philip I don't see menus in the HELP panel of my Excel 2000, rather I see them as tabs not as menus.. Possibly you have an entry or an unanswered dialog box of some kind in Excel that needs attention. The main problem I have experienced with HELP is that the tabs don't show in help which can be expanded by clicking on the leftmost icon on ...

How to generate dynamic XML from aspx page
Dear Friends, I was using the below code in ASP to dynamically generate XML from a SQL Query Does anyone knows how can I migrate this code to VB and ASPX? Regards Robson Machado Response.ContentType = "text/xml" Response.Write "<?xml version='1.0' ?>" dim RS, CN set CN = server.CreateObject("adodb.connection") set RS = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") CN.ConnectionString = strConnect CN.Open RS.Open SQLStmt,cn Response.Write "<ROOT>" Response.Write RS2XML(RS,"RESULT") Response.Write "</R...

How to Remove a Button on sheet
Gidday, I do not like to use buttons on worksheets because I was fooling around and suddenly I have a button on the sheet that cannot be right clicked or deleted. Should I change something in the properties window before I close it? I am using Excel 2000 but also found this problem with Excel 97. Regards Mark PS This is why I only use Userforms or toolbar buttons to initiate macros. You need to get into design mode to edit controls in worksheets. If yo bring up the "control toolbox" toolbar and click the design mod button. This should then enable you to delect the button D...

How do I change the $ currency symbol in a balance sheet template
Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template. I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' option is not open to me. The sheet must be protected. You will have to unprotect the sheet first from the Tools>Protection>unprotect sheet. If it asks for a password, then probably you are not meant to fiddle around with the format of the template! "Dave" wrote: > Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template. > > I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' opt...

Finding X- & Y-intercepts of lines crossing curves
I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on the curves. THe series are displayed as lines. Now I want to draw (or specify the Y coordinates of) a horizontal line on the chart, & have Excel tell me the X intercepts where the horizontal line crosses each curve. Ditto for drawing a vertical line & reading Y intercepts Any ideas Thanks!! Hi Dale, Maybe you adapt my example of intersections. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Dale wrote: > I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on...