elisa standard curve fit

I am a biochemist and I am wanting to be able to plot immunoassay (ELISA)
data. In particular I want to be able to produce standard curves using a
4-parameter logistic curve fit and read the values of 'unknown' samples from
the curve.
0
G1 (145)

I can show you how to fit a logistics curve using Solver - Write to my
private email - I
Also try Google with <ELISA curve> and with <ELISA logistic Excel>
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"trevor g" <trevor g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a biochemist and I am wanting to be able to plot immunoassay (ELISA)
> data. In particular I want to be able to produce standard curves using a
> 4-parameter logistic curve fit and read the values of 'unknown' samples
> from
> the curve.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/30/2007 5:43:43 PM
Try http://www.myassays.com/four-parameter-fit.assay

This has everything you need to do a 4PL with standards and unknowns and it's free.  Also, there is an Add-in for Excel available at http://www.myassays.com/introducing-excel-add-in.html

> On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:55 AM trevor wrote:

> I am a biochemist and I am wanting to be able to plot immunoassay (ELISA)
> data. In particular I want to be able to produce standard curves using a
> 4-parameter logistic curve fit and read the values of 'unknown' samples from
> the curve.

>> On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:43 PM Bernard Liengme wrote:

>> I can show you how to fit a logistics curve using Solver - Write to my
>> private email - I
>> Also try Google with <ELISA curve> and with <ELISA logistic Excel>
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "trevor g" <trevor g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bob2172 (1)
2/2/2012 9:36:47 AM
Hi Trevor,

I know this a "bit" late as a reply. But I hope this can help you and other=
s who landed here. We have a FREE, easy to use online tool for ELISA analys=
is at www.readerfit.com. It is able to fit your standard curve with 4-param=
eter logistic and 5-parameter logistic as well. If you come to our site, we=
 have great email/live support where we can walk you through a typical anal=
ysis.

Charles Ma
Technical Support
Hitachi Solutions America, Ltd.
MiraiBio Group
Website: http://www.MiraiBio.com

=3D=3D=3D
Check out our new online free ELISA analysis tool at http://www.ReaderFit.c=
om
=3D=3D=3D

How can I fit row heights to the data?
(Already posted to .setup, but no replies so far.) I have an Excel file with several sheets that are basically glorified laundry lists; all that's in any given cell is text or a simple number that I don't need to do any calculations on. (It's information on some of the abilities available to characters in an RPG I run, if that helps anyone visualise it.) Here's the problem: whenever I sort this list or otherwise appreciably change the order of it, it screws up my row heights. Some rows end up too small for the text in them while others have huge amounts of white spac...

Margins do not fit page size #2
After many years of excellent services and whatI believe some expertise in the software, my Excel charts won't show in "print preview". I get the above error message and a minuscule page in the center of the screen. all my rows seem to have turned into pages. Our Information service experts aren't that good and Microsoft support was never really that acessible. I run a virus check, a couple troubleshooting programs and tried to reinstall Excel. Nothing worked. Anyone got an idea what to do? Have you recently changed printers or operating systems? If so, you should downl...

An Inventory order and tracking db for hydraulic fittings
I am starting a new db to track hydraulic fittings and inventory. I want to do it right, from the start by having it normalized, and not quite sure what I am doing. My employer and head office is use to the old part # of the fitting and wants to use it for billing and organization on the parts shelves, but the parts have to be ordered using a new # part # because they changed suppliers. Yes they should use the new #'s but they don't want to and they sign my pay cheque, so I have to try to keep everyone happy. Each fitting comes in different sizes, and is going to hav...

Access 2007 Fit to Screen or Auto Resize
I have a multiuser form that I would like all the users, regardless, of the screen resolution they are using, to be able to see on one screen without having to scroll from side to side or up and down. I have a couple of users who prefer lower resolutions and my forms are not fitting on their screens. I have tried to use the "fit to screen" and "auto resize" properties to achieve this (set them both to "yes") but it doesn't seem to work. I couldn't find help on the "fit to screen" property. What are these two properties for? Can I use t...

forgot standard password
I forgot my standard password for my Money 2003 file. I use a windows 2000 OP. I tried tech support but they were unable to find a way to get me in and recommended I come here. Please help. thank you you may wish to try http://www.iopus.com/password_recovery.htm or some other such application. "david" <davidscanio@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:77a101c3b43f$980a5860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I forgot my standard password for my Money 2003 file. I > use a windows 2000 OP. I tried tech support but they were > unable to find a way to get me in and recommended I come...

How can I print form data in a standard letter
I have a Access2002sp3 database. Data is input via a form into a table and sometimes (at the time of input) we need to print the data out in a standard letter format (basically like a mail merge with a standard letter template and data coming from the single record in the table). So far we've been doing it by exporting the whole table to Excel and then doing a mail merge selecting only the records that we want printed. Very tedious !!! Is there some way I can put the standard letter into an Access report and then just click on a control button on the input form to print the p...

Request Standard Mark
Please add the Standard Mark as a symbol we could insert in Office products. I can do Trademarks and Registration Marks easily, but I have to type "SM" and then put it in superscript. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

curved lines with publisher 03
I am making a publication that has a white line (3 pts) going from left to the center of the publication, cuving down 90 degrees, traveling down several inches and then turning curving 90 degrees to the right and traveling off the page. It isn't a s curve because the lines (other than the curve part) travel horizontal and vertical. The only way I could figure to do it was to make a large white rounded corner rectangle with no fill (3pts), converting it to a picture and combining two of them cropped to make the shape. My problem is that when I make it big like I want, the curved part...

word email editor standard & advanced toolbars missing
Everytime I close Outlook and then reopen it and want to reply or create a new email, the Standard and advanced word toolbars dissapear and I have to add them back. Anybody got a clue? Thanks, Mark Try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed. Outlook will rebuild the default toolbars the next time you open it. If your changes to the toolbars "stick" after doing this, then you know it was the outcmd.dat file causing the problem. Make sure to make a backup of the new outcmd.dat file so you can restore it if you ever run into the same problem again. ...

Does the upgrade from 5.5 standard to 5.5 enterprise lose connector config
Help, in one hour we are forced to upgrade from Exchange 5.5 standard to Exchange 5.5 enterprise. Will the upgrade erase our connectors configurations? any advice is very appreciated, Mike It should not change any of your configs. All it should do is remove the 16g limit and if I remember give you the ability to add x400. If you can I would back up your priv, pub and dir first. Joe >-----Original Message----- >Help, in one hour we are forced to upgrade from Exchange >5.5 standard to Exchange 5.5 enterprise. Will the upgrade >erase our connectors configurations? >...

Editing Standard CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi I am keen to know if i can edit the inbuilt crm reports. i can find the rdl files but not the sln files so they can be edited in visual studio 2005. can someone please advise me how to go about this? regards Ridhima Hi Ridhima, Yes, the inbuilt CRM reports are available for customization. You need to export the report file. The reports of CRM are built using SRS Reporting services. So once you have the .rdl files with you can create a new Business Intelligence Report project and add the .rdl to the project. You can now customize it. Also if you want you can open the .rdl file in ...

Standards on the toolbar...
I have a strong preference for using "good practice", if not "best practice" when it comes to coding my HTML. I've largely beaten FrontPage 2003 into submission; the code that it generates for me is pretty close to standards-conformant, and I even tend to avoid deprecated usages. I am also very much in favor of using semantic-oriented tags in preference to presentation-oriented tags, and apply presentation elements via CSS. One of the things I have to do to achieve this is use FORMAT > FONT to select the checkboxes for STRONG or EMPHASIS, instead of using...

MIssing Standard Crystal Reports
File frs://Input/a_186/000/000/186/17bc35436b2cef114.rpt not found on File Repository Server. This is after trying to view any report from the CRM Crystal Report Viewer. How can i get the reports back? are these standard reports or ones that you have built? sounds like your crystal database is corrupted. You may have to republish your reports. Also make sure you have all crystal services started. "jgill_spam@savitas.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519e01c42c86$2cf32ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > File frs://Input/a_186/000/000/186/17b...

Fit To Page...
We have a user running Excel 2003 that has the foollowing problem... When she clicks on FIT TO PAGE and previews the page, the page is extremely small (1.5" x 1", can't zoom or anything) and it appears to only be one little page per cell. Can anyone help with this problem? Dave I'd suggest that the user select the range to print and then use File, Print Area, Set Print Area. Otherwise Excel will default to printing the entire used range of the worksheet, which seems to be much larger than the visible data in this case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Dave" <...

How do I shrink to fit while printing in publisher?
I am creating a calendar that prints to 11 x 17 paper. I would like to be able to utilize the same creation on 8 1/2 x 11 paper if I can find a way to shrink to fit on the paper for publisher. Any ideas? First change all the text to "Best fit". Format Autofit text Best fit Now change the work area to 8�"x11" the click on a corner and move. -- Don Vancouver, USA "GCSimoSr" <GCSimoSr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45B208EE-6ABE-41EC-9FD4-B2CF850A2CAA@microsoft.com... >I am creating a calendar that prints to 11 x 17 paper. ...

Plotting parametric curves
Can I use the Excel chart facility to plot a parametric curve? For example, the parametric equation for a circle is x=cos(t), y=sin(t). I have a column for vaious t values from 0 to pi, and computed columns for =cos(t) and =sin(t). Now how do I graph that within Excel? - David That worked fine. It is almost what I was trying to acheive. I had orginally hilighted all three columns, hoping that the graph would contain the x,y points, and also the t values (either as axis labels or plot area labels). But, alas, all I got were sine and cosine graphs. Your method works ok for m...

Reinstalling Office 2007 Standard
I was having problems with my Office 2007 Standard so I wanted to uninstall it then reinstall it. I have not been able to reinstall it because of this error. I also have Windows Vista Home and I have a 64 bit system. I went to the registry key and added an everyone user and gave it full control but to no avail. I also reverted back to IE7 but that didn't help. Any help would be great!!! Error 1402.Setup cannot open the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_RESTRICT_ACTIVEXINSTALL. Verify that you have suf...

Bug Report: Money Standard 2002
Hello - I am using Money Standard 2002. I last downloaded Internet Updates on 11/14/03. In my Bills & Deposits list, I have a recurring transaction set up to pay my credit card bill. It is configured as a recurring direct debit from my checking account to my credit card account. When the monthly reminder comes up, I go to Manage Bills & Deposits and click Enter into Register. Bug: Even though the transaction is correctly configured as being FROM my checking account and TO my credit card account, for at least the last two months, when I enter the transaction, it instead crea...

Inventory Item
Hi I am trying to go through the documentation for every module in GP to get a better understanding for its all aspcets. some terminolgies creating confusion to me like the following: in Inventory: Standard Cost vs Current Cost. what is the exact difference? how they are affected by the actual cost being used during the purchasing? thanks Alaa, The Current Cost is the actual cost updated on all inventory transactions and the Standard Cost should be manually entered. The usage for both fields is mainly in Pricelist, since the item price maybe based on percentage of the current or ac...

fitting spreadsheet to page for printing
I am doing the expenditure for my accounts 2003-2004 (yes I know Iam leaving it late) and have got 22 columns and 23 rows, I am using Arial 10pt, Is there a way to get the whole spreadsheet to fit on one page and still be readable or how do I spread it across several sheets and make it readable? I want it to be in gridlines with a heading Expediture, I would be very grateful if anyone could help. TIA file/page setup. you can specify to how many pages you want your spreadsheet to fit on use print preview to see how it looks modify if necessary after printiing if its not readable us...

Condtional Formatting and Standard Deviation
Trying to ascertain if there is a bug in Excel 2007, or I'm misinterpreting how "Conditional Formatting" works. In short, I have a series of investment returns where I want to check for outliers beyond two and three standard deviations. I used the "Conditional Formatting" style box, and highlighted the cells appropriately. For one population, the mean is 2.55 with a standard deviation of .73 Thus, when I'm checking for +/- two standard deviations, values less than 1.09 (2.55 - 2*.73) and greater than 4.01 (2.55 + 2*.73) should show up with their ...

best way to get tight fit?
Is there a way to automate getting a tight fit vertically? In some cases, my longest column is in column x, sometimes in column y. Is there an alternative to hand-adjusting each row? Try selecting all columns, Format > Column > Autofi -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39469 ...

bell curve
I'm trying to find instructions to do a bell curve on Excel and can't locate them. Does anyone have this? Melanie - Tushar Mehta has this on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com. Check the list of features on the left side of the screen. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Melanie Gallegos wrote: > I'm trying to find instructions to do a bell curve on > Excel and can't locate them. Does anyone have this? ...

Can I get Excel to draw a line of best fit?
Is there a way to get Excel to draw a line of best fit? Read Help on the following: trendline, slope, intercept, linest, logest Then come back with more detailed question. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ronel" <ronel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C7912B5-BDD7-47AA-B32C-5523F5490480@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to get Excel to draw a line of best fit? Your answer led me to the solution of my problem. Many thanks. Regards ronel "Bernard Liengme" wrote: > Read Help on the f...

Exchange 2000 Standard and Enterprise in the same Routing Group
I have two Exchange 2000 Standard servers, one in Arizona and another in Utah, both are part of the same Routing Group, all my incoming email hits the Arizona server first, and then it gets routed to the Utah server. I have started to hit the 16 GB database limit on the Utah server, I already deleted mailboxes, and ran the Eseutil /d utility to defragment the database, but I am still around 15 GB. I am looking to upgrade to Enterprise 2000, but I only want to do the Utah server. Is this possible? Or do I need to upgrade both servers to 2000 Enterprise? No issues with this. You can upgr...