elisa standard curve fit

I am a biochemist and I am wanting to be able to plot immunoassay (ELISA)
data. In particular I want to be able to produce standard curves using a
4-parameter logistic curve fit and read the values of 'unknown' samples from
the curve.
0
G1 (145)

I can show you how to fit a logistics curve using Solver - Write to my
private email - I
Also try Google with <ELISA curve> and with <ELISA logistic Excel>
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"trevor g" <trevor g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a biochemist and I am wanting to be able to plot immunoassay (ELISA)
> data. In particular I want to be able to produce standard curves using a
> 4-parameter logistic curve fit and read the values of 'unknown' samples
> from
> the curve.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
1/30/2007 5:43:43 PM
Try http://www.myassays.com/four-parameter-fit.assay

This has everything you need to do a 4PL with standards and unknowns and it's free.  Also, there is an Add-in for Excel available at http://www.myassays.com/introducing-excel-add-in.html

> On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:55 AM trevor wrote:

> I am a biochemist and I am wanting to be able to plot immunoassay (ELISA)
> data. In particular I want to be able to produce standard curves using a
> 4-parameter logistic curve fit and read the values of 'unknown' samples from
> the curve.

>> On Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:43 PM Bernard Liengme wrote:

>> I can show you how to fit a logistics curve using Solver - Write to my
>> private email - I
>> Also try Google with <ELISA curve> and with <ELISA logistic Excel>
>> best wishes
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> "trevor g" <trevor g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
bob2172 (1)
2/2/2012 9:36:47 AM
Hi Trevor,

I know this a "bit" late as a reply. But I hope this can help you and other=
s who landed here. We have a FREE, easy to use online tool for ELISA analys=
is at www.readerfit.com. It is able to fit your standard curve with 4-param=
eter logistic and 5-parameter logistic as well. If you come to our site, we=
 have great email/live support where we can walk you through a typical anal=
ysis.

Charles Ma
Technical Support
Hitachi Solutions America, Ltd.
MiraiBio Group
Website: http://www.MiraiBio.com

=3D=3D=3D
Check out our new online free ELISA analysis tool at http://www.ReaderFit.c=
om
=3D=3D=3D

Office 2004 Standard
When launching any Microsoft Office program - word, excel, powerpoint,=20 entourage - I get a message saying Microsoft has encountered a problem=20 and needs to close. Tried remove utility and reinstalled Office 2004. = Closed=20 all fonts. Same problem. In article 761501c494f0$99440450$a601280a@phx.gbl, Simon Browne at simon@boomtown.co.za wrote on 9/7/04 08:37: > When launching any Microsoft Office program - word, excel, powerpoint, > entourage - I get a message saying Microsoft has encountered a problem > and needs to close. Tried remove utility and reinstalled Office 2004. C...

Tax Estimator Standard Deduction
I have MONEY 2003 Version 11.0. When running through the tax estimator, the standard deduction for 2002 appears as $7,600.00. The actual standard deduction amount for Married filing jointly is/was $7,850.00. Can this be changed, and if so, how? Thanks ...

GP Standard vs Professional
Hi, Can anybody point me to a link or just give a brief description of differences between Standard and Professional versions of Great Plains. Some of the modules we are interested in work only on Pro version. Milan. Hi Milan You can find information at: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/sales/salestools/productfactsheets/gp_smb_comparison_guide.htm?printpage=false Regards, Takashi "Milan" <milan@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23h$M0omJFHA.616@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can anybody point me to a link or just giv...

Frequency chart and normal curve
2 questions: 1. I have a series of about 200 numbers that I would like to create a frequency chart/graph for. I am having difficulty in OL2000 creating a frequency graph. 2. I have the mean and standard deviation. I do I create a normal curve with this data? Thank you, Carl Carl W. wrote: > 2 questions: > 1. I have a series of about 200 numbers that I would like to create a > frequency chart/graph for. I am having difficulty in OL2000 creating a > frequency graph. > > 2. I have the mean and standard deviation. I do I create a normal curve > with this data? > ...

Fitting lengths into a longer length
I have a number measurments that I need to get put in the most efficien order to use the least amount of wood. The wood can come in increments of 30cm such as 30cm, 60cm 90cm.....2.1m, 2.4m and so on. I need lots of little lengths (and som longer) which on their own do not fit exactly with the 30cm increments. I need to find the best fit within the lengths available to me. Is anyone aware of anything I can do in Excel to put the small length in the best order to fit within parameters given above? This may seem complicated, due to my poor explaination -- Chise ----------------------------...

cell to auto adjust to fit text in excel 02
i would like a cell to automatically adjust in excel, depending on how much text is written in the cell. please could someone help me with this ...

Exchange 5.5 standard to Enterprise Upgrade
H We have exchange 5.5 standard edition with NT 4 server. We are in pocess of upgrading it to Exchange 2003 but I think before upgrading it to Exchange 2003 we should upgrade it to 5.5 enterprise edition. I know its a old question but can some one please point me some old posting or can please give steps to upgrade 5.5 Std to 5.5 enterprise Thanks in advance Hello, You should be able to run reinstall from the Exchange Enterprise CD. This will upgrade the server to Enterprise. Here is the article: 170280 XADM: Upgrading From Exchange Server Standard Edition to the Enterprise http://support...

SQL 2005 Standard & RMS HQ v1.2
Has anyone had any problems getting RMS HQ (v1.2) admin to connect to an RMS HQ Db sitting on SQL 2005 Standard server?. The same HQ Db connected to a SQL 2000 server connects with no problems. The brand new 2005 sever allows me to use RMS HQ Admin/Manager locally but not on a client PC on the same LAN? HQ Admin Error says: "To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects (SMO)". The windows firewall feature on the new server is swtiched off and both (TCP) 1433 & (UDP) 1434 Ports are open. Anybody got any ideas? have ...

GP Standard Install
Installing GP standard on Windows 2000 Standard Server. After installing it hangs when trying to run the dic updates. Have uninstalled, reinstalled. No luck. Installed on separate box and copied GP directory over to server Can anyone help on this? Is there an import path from Quickbooks to Microsoft GP Standard? What do you mean by "hangs when trying to run the dic updates"? Do you mean after the install you try to launch the client and at the part where it asks "Do you want to add new code?" you say yes and then it hangs there? If that is the case, I think you'...

Is there a way to modify the standard outlook New Message form
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to permanently modify the standrad new Message form in the Standard forms library. In this case I would like to add a basic text field for Project Number so when users click the New button for a New message, that field is displayed in the standard new message form. I can see how it is set up in a Personal forms library - However my users do not like the extra steps of opening a custom form. (Lazy as it is) The users want to click the New Message button and have the custom "Project Number" field available... Thanks in advance for the help... Well....

Where do I find A bell curve I can copy and paste
I want to find a bell curve that I cancopy and paste and make changes to in excel. Where and how do I find it. Mromero Here are two links that should get you started. http://www.xl-logic.com/xl_files/formulas/distrib.zip http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/ Kelly koday@processtrends.com "mromero" <mromero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4622ECAE-15CF-4DE3-81DA-9D50819CD031@microsoft.com... >I want to find a bell curve that I cancopy and paste and make changes to in > excel. Where and how do I find it. ...

Microsoft Money Standard 2005 upgrade to Money Deluxe
On the Money 2005 Standard homepage there is a link "Upgrade to Money Deluxe". I clicked the link, paid for the upgrade and downloaded the installation file. On opening this file, I was informed that the installed version is newer than the downloaded version (the would-be upgrade). Further I was informed that I would have to uninstall the current version before I could install the "upgrade". My understanding of the term "upgrade" does not include reversion to a prior version of an application, especially when it would render my data files unreadable. Do an I...

How can I write directly to a CD from within my app in a standard format?
I know that XP provides support for writing directly to a CD from within any app, but (a) not all my users have XP, and (b) as I understand it, XP uses a non-standard CD format when it does this. I want my users to be able to write files directly to a CD using a completely standard format so that the CD can then be read from any other PC, irrespective of what software they have for processing CDs. I don't really want to write something like that myself. What I'm really after is a freeware DLL that I can use to do it for me. Does anyone know of anything like that? TIA Simon...

Money 2005 Standard Credit Limit
Now I'm having the same issue with not being able to update the credit limit. I've looked into all of the earlier posts and tried the so-called workarounds and it seems to me the easiest thing to do is get a new program that works. One post tells how to disable online service, change the account type, etc. I couldn't figure that one out - I'm not using online services to begin with. Another solution had me close the account, create a new one and copy the transactions over. I created the new account, but it wouldn't even let me set an initial credit limit. What a PAIN...

resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text?
I have an existing spreadsheet created by another user. Some of the rows are not automatically sized to display all text. Is there a command to resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text? thanks email: softwaretest underscore 2003 at hotmail Church lady, try Ctrl a, to select the whole sheet, then format, row, autofit -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "the church lady" <tcl@mail.com&g...

Integration/area under a curve VBA code?
Hi I have built a spreadsheet that can calculate the area under a curve of a set of data but I would like to have this in VBA for Excel, in say Integral(C1,C2) format or a button on the toolbar. Can anyone point me in the right direction for acquiring the code? Cheers WayneL ...

Auto fit wrapped and merged cells
Using Excel 2003 if you have a number of cells that are merged and wrapped how can you get the rows to auto fit height - I am sure this used to work on previous versions of excel but does not seem to now (similarly for columns). Is there a fix for this or an option I need to select or deselect? Hi Elmo, See this macro from Jim Rech: http://tinyurl.com/4c5l6 --- Regards, Norman "elmo2" <elmo2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F22A71D-4E92-4AFF-B5DC-646926FE3AF1@microsoft.com... > Using Excel 2003 if you have a number of cells that are ...

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

Office 2004 Standard to Professional Step Upgrade?
I really want to upgrade from Office X to Office 2004 Professional, but Professional will be out no earlier than end of July and we all know how trustworthy advance ship dates are.... So I would love to immediately purchase Office 2004 Standard if I knew I could do a step upgrade to Office 2004 Professional (Or I would even pay for Office Professional now, get everything that is available now and get the VPC and any other Professional features when they come out). But it seems that neither of these are viable options. Seems very strange to penalize the premium customers willing to pay premiu...

Curve's turning point.
I wish to get the turning point in my curve. When I click the curve, excel shows a series of yellow dots on that curve. Its seems that it is exactly what I want. But I am curious how excel calculate those yellow dots. Regression model or calculus? Your help on this will be greatly appreciated. Best Regards, --Samuel What kind of chart is it? Scatter or line chart with smoothed lines? If so, Excel uses a bezier fit to draw the curved segments. For more information, check out this file from Brian Murphy: http://xlrotor.com/Smooth_curve_bezier_example_file.zip - Jon ------- Jon Peltier...

Database size limit Exchange 2000 Standard
Hi, Can anybody tell what counts to the 16 GB limit. Just the priv or also the pub databases. Thanks! J. in Exchange 5.5, the priv and the pub are limited to 16 GB each...in Exchange 2000/2003, the 16 GB limit is applied to a combination of the edb plus the stm file for each... "Jvdm" <Jvdm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53542F3C-4A36-44D3-9120-C5A69B42EBD0@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anybody tell what counts to the 16 GB limit. Just the priv or also the > pub databases. > > Thanks! > > J. Hi, The mailbox store and the MAPI ...

Bell Curve
In following the instructions for creating a bell curve in Excel posted at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213930, how can a person determine the size and the number of bins that should be used? Also, what is the formula for determining the number of random numbers that should be generated? I am weeding through "Statistics for Dummies" :^) but am struggling a bit. Finally is the bin size equal to the STDEV? rlm - > how can a person determine the size and the number of bins that should be > used? < A general guideline is five to fifteen bins, but analysts ofte...

Standard Master Categories
How can I easily standardise the categires avaiable for all our exchange users to use? Many thanks You know what, I was looking for this information just now, so if there's an MVP or anyone else having the answer, we'll appreciate it al lot. Max Carussi "Ian Buckley" <bucklebery@paradise.net.nz> ha scritto nel messaggio news:equIZNX6DHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How can I easily standardise the categires avaiable for all our exchange > users to use? Many thanks > > Custom master categories are kept in each user's Windows registry. See http:/...

apply best fit formatting to multiple text boxes
I'm inserting text into a lot (up to 3,000) text boxes. I've got the pick up/apply formatting down, but it changes the font size of all selected boxes to that of the initial text box. I am inserting different amounts of text, so I have to continually apply the best fit copyfitting to each text box. Any way to default the best fit formatting when creating the text boxes or, better yet, apply it to multiple text boxes with a "select all" function? Thanks ...

standard curve
I am trying to plot data where I have an extablished standard curve, and I would then like to plot my samples and extrapolate what their x value is based on their known y value. Basically I would like to create a line or curve with my first set of data, and then add individual points "on top" of that curve. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you, Erica girl25428@yahoo.com You can fit a line or polynomial to either the original or log transformed data by adding a trendline to the chart. Coefficients can be extracted directly from the chart using David Braden's code http...