ehhh, is there a way to automatic size the x-axis of a chart

I need to make a table for breeding eggs. Some species need 28 days but other
require 70 days. Now I created a chart showing all 70 days, but I rather have
a chart that does automatic sizing with the days needed. The days needed for
breeding can be found in a cell.

Is there a way to enter a formula in the x-axis value for a chart?
thanks again!

Frodo
0
Frodo (3)

you can use a defined name with that cell as a parameter or just use an
automatic defined name such as
insert>name>defined>name it>in the refers to box use an offset formula..
=offset($A$1,0,0,counta($A:$),6)
then in the source use yourfile.xls!yourdefinedname
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Frodo" <Frodo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to make a table for breeding eggs. Some species need 28 days but
>other
> require 70 days. Now I created a chart showing all 70 days, but I rather
> have
> a chart that does automatic sizing with the days needed. The days needed
> for
> breeding can be found in a cell.
>
> Is there a way to enter a formula in the x-axis value for a chart?
> thanks again!
>
> Frodo

0
dguillett1 (2487)

mails get deleted automatically
Has anyone encountered a situation where e-mails get deleted few minutes after was delivered to a inbox? The server is running Microsoft Exchange 2000, the client is running Outlook (Office 2003). Are the mail deleted from the information store or from the client's point of view.. Could there be an POP3 account fetching the mails and deleting them afterwards ? How is the client settings ? cached or non-cached ? Regards Kenneth Johansen "Karen Yeh" wrote: > Has anyone encountered a situation where e-mails get > deleted few minutes after was delivered to a inb...

Bubble Chart with text as description of an axis
I want to create some kind of portfolio chart for purchasing. The x-axis shall show the supply risk. The x-axis shall show the costs. I only want to differ between high and low for both - risk and costs. The bubble size will be defined by the purchasing volume of the product category. How do I use the text "high risk", "low risk", "high costs" and "low costs" as description of the axis. At the moment it automatically creates me figures there. On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, schleimer <schleimer@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How to create a chart with wide range of numbers
Hello, What is the best way to create a chart in excell 2007 when you have a wide range of numbers (positive to negative) ? The numbers in the middle of the range don't get represented clearly. Thank you Roxana use a log scale after subtracting MIN(y-values) to each point to make all values positive? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Roxana" <Roxana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F762967F-ABB3-4B41-931F-7A3F65CC7A41@microsoft.com... > Hello, > What is the best way to ...

Pie Chart Help #3
I am trying to create a pie chart and having trouble with selecting slices within the chart and grouping them together. I I want it to look like a scattered chart but want to select which pieces will group together. Please help. Thanks. ...

Can I change the default syle for a chart?
I have toyed around with using macros to reformat data, but what I would really like to do is make a particular format the default, but can't seem to find out how to do that. Select a chart in your workbook Choose Chart>Chart Type Select one of the chart types and subtypes, then click 'Set as default chart' OR Select the Custom Types tab, and set one of the built-in or user-defined charts as the default Jon Peltier has information on custom chart types on his web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Argus Finch wrote: > I hav...

keep a chart in view when scrolling around a worksheet
is there any way to keep a chart (as an object, not a new sheet) in view on the worksheet while i scroll up/down/left/right...?? -- dh13134 Hi, Only by using Freeze panes and placing the chart when the static area. You could use New Window to create 2 views of the workbook. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "dh13134" <dh13134@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C2BA7EC-CF5E-4701-8F54-23EB550039E3@microsoft.com... > is there any way to keep a chart (as an object, not a new sheet) in view > on > the workshe...

Ungrouping Excel Charts --> EMF/WMF. 2007 can't edit objects as 2003 (freeform big issue). Steve Rindsberg help!
Hi, A "Marimekko/Lasagne chart" is a valuable format that MS does not support. Although several excellent solutions have been developed (S Bullen, etc), they have their flaws. For 2003 I have some great code that disassembles a Stacked Column chart, scales the Category-axis and puts it back together again. This is done in PPT with VBA. There is actually an order for breaking up a chart that I have parsed (in object order: Points, Value axis,Category axis, Point Labels, Value Axis delimiters, Category names and finally the Legend (any comment to this?) 2007 creates problems! (...

Excel Workbook Sizes
One of our clients has recently had the O\S re-installed on there PC. Nothing hardware has changed! They own several hundered excel spreadsheets, which they use frequently! Unfortunatly the workbooks no longer wants to fit onto one page, and one of the coloumbs spans onto a second page. Now I can quite easily ammend the print area, and this solves the problem. BUT I don't want to have to do this on every sheet in every book. Is there no way of doing this globally? Or through VBA? Thanks This might help for some :- '----------------------------------------- Sub PageFit() Appli...

Attached images
Sorry for reposting this one, but I think it might have gone unnoticed: Hi, Using Outlook 2003, there is the new resampling option for attached images. I really applaud that innovation, saves time and space when sending images that comes straight from the camera. Really good. However, I miss a 800x600 pixels option. Is it possible to have that one? 640x480 is almost too small these days and 800x600 could be just right for a small sample. I have not found any settings for this function, neither size nor compression. Are those settings just hard-coded? Regards, -- Lars Forslin "Doing ti...

2 charts on 1 worksheet
I have 2 data sources that I want to make a chart for. This is for a company survey I need a chart for Performance and 1 for Importance. There are 12 questions that I need to make charts for. I really want to keep a Performance chart and an Importance chart for each question on the same worksheet. Any suggestions? I must be missing something... Select the performance data and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. Then, select the importance data and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA ad...

where on Exchange 2000 do you set distribution size limit?
I have a client who wants to create a large distribution list. I know it's a setting on the Exchange server but where? thanks in advance! ...

Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document
Isn't there a way in Word 2007 to show all bookmarks in a document. I know about Word Options > Advanced > Show document content > Show bookmarks but that only gives me brackets where the bookmarks are, but I would like the bookmark names to show. The reason why I want this is because I have a number of existing documents, who each contains tons of bookmarks and I would like, in an easy way, to find out where they all are. The following macro run from a button on the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or a keyboard shortcut will select each bookmark in turn and pop up a m...

Best way for multiple people to edit Outlook & synch with Pocket PC?
My department uses Exchange Server, so my life is simple: Outlook is just operating in client mode, and my PDA's synch using machines at school or at home. No worries. My wife's department, unfortunately, does not use an Exchange Server. So I figure that using Outlook in stand-alone mode, with ..PST files, is the best way to synch her Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks. [Email is being done via a seperate POP-mail service, so that's not an issue here.]. What we want to do is enable her to add data from an Outlook client either from her home machine or from her school machine, and sy...

naming references in workbooks in Excel X
Having difficulty in applying Book-Level and Sheet-Level Names in Workbooks. When I define a name in the Define Name dialog box and I then select the name in the Name Box, it will select the reference on the worksheet that I have used to define the name. If I then move to another worksheet in the same workbook with identical layout, the name I have defined appears in the Name Box, but when I select it, it returns to select the reference in the Worksheet where I made the original definition. This does not always happen but I cannot find a sure way of defining names in one worksheet that will al...

Change all Chart Legend FONT sizes across entire spreadsheet
Have file folders with dozens of spreadsheets and noticed the CHART LEGEND fonts a too BIG. I'd like to change ALL chart legend font sizes on all worksheets in a spreadsheet at once.. using a tool or script, etc. Any solutions? There are simply too many charts to open and change fonts individually. -G The following code will change the font size in all charts in the active workbook: '======================= Sub ChangeLegendFont() Dim chObj As ChartObject Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ch As Chart Dim lFont As Long lFont = 6 'set the font size For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Works...

File size limits and workarounds?
Hi All, I've run into the 2 gig file size limit on Outlook 2000 a couple times now. Is there a way to clean the files so I can avoid this in the future? The way I fixed things is that I deleted stuff, then made a new pst file and copied all the folders over to the new file. I went from just over 2gig to 1.3 gigs. I've done this once before I think, so I know I'll hit it again. Just wondering how to avoid all this. Thanks, me Maybe use the Archive options? But remember an archive has the same size limitation, so at some point you would need to create a new Archive fil...

Stacked Column Chart with
Hi, I have a stacked column chart with this data in primary category axis Actual, , , , , , Budget, , , , , Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and 5 series. I add some ScatteredLineNoMarkes series on AxisGroup 2 to create vertical lines (thanks to Jon Peltier for the tip). This works up to 5 of these scattered line series. Adding another will flip the x axis labels (Jan, Feb, ...) from side-by-side alignment to one upon the other ("Jan" upon "Feb" upon "Mar", ....). Any idea of this? No matter at which position the scattered lines resid...

print layaway receipt on second printer (letter size)
Hi again, I was wondering if there is a possibility to print a layaway receipt automatically on a second defined printed (with a letter size receipt), thus without having to confirm (or deny) printing to a second printer (the option which is set in POS Manager, Register Properties, Receipt Printer, option button: "print receipt only after asking the cassier) pampers, In the registers properties you can setup receipt printer 1 and receipt printer 2. Setup Receipt Printer 1 as your receipt printer and then Receipt Printer 2 can be your full page printer. You can tell it to print one...

Cannot create any chart
Every time I try to create a chart it causes XL to crash. I use the Chart Wizard, set up the parameters for the chart, select Finish, and then XL shuts down and restarts. I have tried various types of charts with the same results. I have rebooted, but get the same results. This is a recent problem, but I am not aware of any changes I made to my system. All other parts of XL work fine as do other MS Office applications. I would appreciate any ideas how to resolve this problem. Do I need to reinstall XL? -- Ray Wright raycyn+wright@prodigy.com Did you add the Dark Shading o...

Recommended Way to Implement Automation
I'm considering adding automation to my MFC application. However, it occurs to me that COM appears to be on the way out while .NET appears to be on the way in. So where does that leave automation? I don't want to spend a bunch of time adding support for something that is on the way out. And I *definitely* don't want to add .NET code to my application. So what would be the recommend method of implementing automation? Thanks for all suggestions! -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com There is nothing wrong in using COM for automation today. Howev...

Creating custom charts in Excel 2007
When creating charts in earlier versions in Excel, it was possible to select a custom type of a column chart with one series displayed as a line. I can't find this in Excel 2007 - is it still there somewhere? Any help would be gratefully received! As always, you can build your own custom chart. (The built-in custom ones are not too flexible anyway.) For example, to make a line-column chart, make a line chart, then right click on a series, choose Chart Type from the pop-up menu, and choose the column chart type for the selected series. Repeat as needed. To put a series onto the secon...

How to automatically refresh a form
I have a form which employees use to start and stop jobs they are working on. This is a form they typically leave open most of the day. On the form is a subform which shows the current "jobs in progress". How can I automatically update that subform - say every 5 minutes? I saw the TimerInterval property on the form's properties page, but the "Help" info wasn't very helpful. Thanks for any help, Darrell The TimerInterval is the frequency you want the OnTimer event to occur in Milliseconds. 300,000 would be 5 minutes. You could then simply requery the SubForm i...

How can I fill data in a list automatically?
I have a spreadsheet laid out like a list with indented items. The first 7columns contain data pertaining to an individual, while the next 5 columns contain data about events occuring to that individual. The problem is that one individual may have several events, but the personal data is filled in only once, for the first event; the first 7 columns are simply left blank for subsequent events (these are all listed following each other). there are several thousand events in this list. How can I copy the personal data so that each row is complete, with all columns filled in? K, You'...

Outlook & Exchange, any better way to see original message with NDR?
We recently moved over to Exchange, and our users are complaining about having to open an NDR, and click "send again" to see the original message. The message is obviously there as an attachment, as it can be seen in OWA, but Outlook appears to hide the attachments solely on NDRs. Is there some option somewhere I can toggle to show the attachment in Outlook? (We're using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003) ...

Simple ways to modify Outlook profiles when changing server.
Hello, We have two Exchange servers in different Exchange Orgs, which we want to consolidate. One is Ex5.5, the target is Ex2003. There are about 500 users. The servers aren't used (yet) for mail - only for Contacts, Tasks, Public Folders, etc. We want to move all the data to the Ex2003 server and then switch over all the users in one go. I know we can use a tool in the logon script to change each user's Outlook 2002 profile to use the new server. However, could a simple soln be to shut down the old server, disconnect it from the network and chaneg its DNS record point towards the ne...