Dynamic Named Ranges

I have a chart which displays 30 days worth of data at a time, linked
to another workbook. I am charting a dynamic named range in the source
file however my chart data disappears every time source workbook is
closed (not cool!) need a way around this without using macros..
Apprceiate any help

0
hitchy79 (1)

Dynamics upgrade version 8.0 to version 9.0
I am attempting to upgrade one of my clients from version 8 to version 9. I am setting up a test environment for them to get around in so they can play before we put version 9.0 into production. I get almost all the way through the upgrade when the following sql error statement is populated "The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE PROCEDURE uprGetNextTrxHistID @outNEXTRECNUM NUMERIC(14,5) OUTPUT, @O_iErrorState INT OUTPUT AS DECLARE @tmpNEXTRECNUM NUMERIC(14,5), @IOError integer SELECT @outNEXTRECNUM = ISNULL(MAX(CMRECNUM)+ 1, 1) FROM UPR30300 SELECT @tmpNEXTRECN...

Want to modify this procedure to have a range of periods rather than a single period
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01CB206B.89E3AC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the procedure below I want simply modify the periods procedure below to be -- perpost >=3D = '201001' and <=3D '201012' so I want a range of periods rather than a = single period as in the example below I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out on this. Thanks=20 Sammy USE DEMOAPP Declare @perpost nvarchar(8) /* Do not edit Above=20 ...

dynamic object creation
How can i dynamicly create and display a subclassed object on a formview, (i.e. the object is not shown in the resource editor) ? joe # ...

suggest name
Does anyone know how to delete names that are suggested when addressing an email? Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q287623 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "rodney.s.britton@mci.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1322701c3f736$fd90d...

Download Payee names include date
My transaction downloads with payee info include dates so the software doesn't recognise the payee and therefore does not automatically assign the category. How can I fix this? In microsoft.public.money, Joe wrote: >My transaction downloads with payee info include dates so >the software doesn't recognise the payee and therefore >does not automatically assign the category. How can I fix >this? Version? >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Joe wrote: > >>My transaction downloads with payee info include dates so >>the sof...

Moving Exchange to different server, different name
Can someone point me in the right direction if a KB article exists? I have read the article about moving to a different server SAME name, but that is not quite what I am doing. I want to move to a new server, different name. I assume that I will install same version of exchange on new server, move mailboxes, public folders, everything over to new server. Then follow the MS KB article about removing the first exchange server from your domain AM Basically install another server and move everything over. ie move mailboxes and replicate public folders. Rehome them if it is 5.5 moving to anothe...

Suggestion
A suggestion which a number of customers always ask for (and from another development background I can clearly understand why.) Scenario; you have an Account field on the form along with a Contact field (with whatever field labels are appropriate.) The user selects an Account and (due to the nature of the data) want to select a Contact, but a contact that is related to the Account (as it’s parent.) i.e. they only want to be able to choose contacts for that Account and not any of the others. This currently isn’t possible – you are able to pick any contact (which I can understand why, bu...

Simple Question............Deleting "Name Box" name!
Hi, Say you have a range named "ABC" in Name Box. How do you delete it? Thanks, Mike XL prior 2007: Insert>Name>Define> PICK YOUR NAME > Delete On 4 Dec, 14:58, Mike <mas_it_2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Say you have a range named "ABC" in Name Box. How do you delete it? > > Thanks, > Mike ...

Function for transforming long file name in 8.3 format
Hi everybody, I hope not being OT here. I have a long list of names of files in a column (obtained with JDirPrinter utility). I would like to sort the column in ascending 8.3 DOS format name. That is, I need to create or use a function that takes as input a long file name as string, and outputs a short 8.3 file name. Is it possible? Thanks a lot Ciao from Italy Claudio > outputs a short 8.3 file name. Hi. Here's one way: Function ShortName(sFilePath As String) As String '// VBA Library Reference: Microsoft Scripting Runtime Dim fso Set fso = CreateObject("Scriptin...

Changing Name Range
I am importing Excel lists to my contacts in outlook 2003 and hav experienced MANY problems, the worst of which is that Excel won't le me change the Name Range in the lists and therefore I can't import th list properly. No matter how often I delete and retype the new name it returns to the old name. Please help, I would really appreciate it -- ka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26878 Hi K...

Need to change the name that appears when inserting comments?
hi is there a way to change the name that appears when it comes to inserting comments into excel.? the product is licensed to our company, but this is the name that appears when inserting comments, and not the user who is inserting them. any ideas? When a comment is inserted in a cell, the inserter's name is stored in two places: 1. in the body of the comment 2. in the status bar message that appears when you mouse-over the comment Excel uses the Username, not the logon name. To set the Username: Tools > Options > General > Username -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

naming cells #2
I have done it both ways before entering formula and after, also i have created a name with the title and defined a name without the title, please help ...

Same Account Name in Org
Greetings, Any help would be appreciated. I have two issues which I need clarification on. Background Two exchange servers operating Exchange 2003 SP1 in Native Mode, on Windows 2003 Standard (no SP1), residing in a Windows 2003 mixed domain. Exchange org supports two domains (@domainA.com and @domainB.com). Issue1 a. users in domainA connect to Exchange via Outlook using default settings b. users in domainB connect to Exchange using POP if userid (JDoe@domainA.com) is created, he has no issues connecting to Exchange. However, userid (JDoe@domainB.com) is created, he cannot connect to Exch...

Inserting file name and path
I have some Publisher documents that I've been asked to include their file name and path. Is there a way to do this (like you can with Word), or do I have to type these in manually? Thanks, Glenda You could find the file in its folder, right-click, properties, high-light the path (location), copy ctrl+c, paste it into the document. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Glenda" <Glenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E3C767C-CE1D-4672-B4DE-FA89D9EE7C8E@microsoft.com... >I have s...

Field Name printing
Hi, I am trying to print my contacts in "card style" but I don't want the "Field Names" to print. Can this be done? Can I rename them to something shorter so that it all fits in the small box for each contact? Thank you. Deepiceman You can neither rename field names nor suppress their printing. For more = control over the printout, consider using the Tools | Mail Merge command = to merge the data to a Word document.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outl...

Preventing a user name in comments
Excel Comments always include an author name, in bold. Is there any way to prevent this happening so as to avoid the necessity of manually removing the author name / bold formatting every time a comment is added? Hi Gabriel, See Debra Dalglesh's suggestions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Name --- Regards, Norman "Gabriel" <Gabriel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:987CE301-1072-45D6-BD56-64F27858ED75@microsoft.com... > Excel Comments always include an author name, in bold. Is there any way to > prevent this happening so a...

show month number as month name in Excel?
I'm trying to format a field in an Excel Spreadsheet in such a way that it displays a month name rather than a month number. For Example, if a cell contains 8, I want the cell to show as August. Conditional formatting only allows me 3 levels of condtions and isn't therefore suitable. I don't think you're gonna be able to use formatting for this. But you could use a helper cell: =date(2005,a1,1) if A1 contained the month number. Format this cell as MMMM and you can keep the value as a real date. or =text(date(2005,a1,1),"MMMM") If you want the text string fo...

Mail server name
I have to migrate from Exchange 2000 (on windows 2000 server) to Exchange 2003 (windows 2003 server). The new server has a differente name from the older. The problem is that I have to change, in each client, the mail server name on Outlook. Is there a way to update the Otlook client with the new server name ? Thanks! Hi Rod, There's a tool available from MS, you can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=56F45AC3-448F-4CCC-9BD5-B6B52C13B29C&displaylang=en hope it helps! Solko "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wrote in message ...

Dynamic.txt
Hi What is Dynamic.txt in custamization of Great plains Regards Srinivasan It shows any references to missing objects. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Srinivasan" wrote: > Hi > What is Dynamic.txt in custamization of Great plains > > Regards > Srinivasan ...

Sheet Tab name
Is there a way to link the name of the sheet tab with a cell? I jus want to put a text value in a certain cell and the sheet tab name woul show that text value. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can put this kind of code in your worksheet_change event (of your worksheet module). e.g. try the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo errhandler Application.EnableEvents = False Me.Name = Target.Value errhandler: Application.EnableEvent...

dynamic summing of an autofilter 'ed table
I have a very large table. I have placed and autofilter at the top of the table. Just below the table I have a placed a formula that says =SUM(F5:F760) and it sums up column F. Now if I use the autofilter to filter out some of the rows I'd like the sum function to recognize this and sum only the rows that pass through the filter. This doesn't seem to work. How do I do this? Thanks! have a look in HELP index for SUBTOTAL -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "john boy" <john boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E6A3844-1F8C-4A...

Dynamic Creation
How can I exploit runtime creation in my app For Ex:- CRuntimeClass *pRt; pRt=RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyClass); After this how do I go ahead and create the object and get a pointer to my CMyClass object. I have used DECLARE_DYNCREATE etc etc. CRuntimeClass::CreateObject(); AliR. "chilly" <chill163@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1143044557.301505.6590@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > How can I exploit runtime creation in my app > For Ex:- > CRuntimeClass *pRt; > pRt=RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyClass); > > After this how do I go ahead and create the object and get a point...

reference workbook name in cell
Given: XL2002 Win XP I have a workbook name DTS-351-Jan.xls and I would like to have cell N3 in worksheet Main extract the 351 from the wb name so that N3 would say 351. Is it possible and if so how? I will have other workbooks that i would like to use the same formula in so it would be important that the formula not conatain an absolute reference to 351. Thanks, Dave On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 23:21:13 -0400, Dave Potter <dpotter41@chartertn.net> wrote: >Given: XL2002 Win XP > >I have a workbook name DTS-351-Jan.xls and I would like to have cell >N3 in worksheet Main extract th...

Changed the user logon name and know can't mail him anymore
Hi all I have exc2003STD and outlook 2003. It was requested that the logon username of one specific user changed from membercare to ABC membercare. My technician went to the exchange box > went to AD > Open the membercare users properties > Account tab > Change the account logon name there from Membercare to ABC Membercare. He said that is the only thing he changed. Now in the GAL is displayed ABC Membercare (i think he changed the display name also but that's not a issue). My problem is now if i mail that user i get the following error (Please help me to fix this as ma...