Dynamic Chart Titles #2

Hello,

I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and
then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic.

On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2.

On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that
I want to use as my Chart titles.
For example:  =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.")

I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3
is named "NAF".

I then added a text box to my first chart where the chart title should go.
In the text box I put the formula =FAC.

Then I go back to Sheet2 change my options in my drop down menus, come back
to Sheet7 to make sure it worked and it does.

But, when I save the workbook, close it and re-open it, the text box seems
to "forget" the range that I had put in there and I have to do it all over
again.

How do I make the text box "remember" from save to save and open - close -
re-open?

This is the web site I used as a guide to accomplish this:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html

TIA,

Sharon
0
Sharon1 (141)

Sharon,

I'm speculating but I think the problem might be due to multiple sheet
references.  Try adding a cell reference on the sheet with the embedded chart
that refers to the named reference.  For example, if your chart is on Sheet 1
and you want your dynamic title to refer to the named reference called FAC,
in Sheet1!A1 add the formula =FAC.  Then, change your dynamic title formula
to read =$A$1.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Sharon" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and
> then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic.
>
> On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2.
>
> On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that
> I want to use as my Chart titles.
> For example:  =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.")
>
> I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3
> is named "NAF".
>
> I then added a text box to my first chart where the chart title should go.
> In the text box I put the formula =FAC.
>
> Then I go back to Sheet2 change my options in my drop down menus, come back
> to Sheet7 to make sure it worked and it does.
>
> But, when I save the workbook, close it and re-open it, the text box seems
> to "forget" the range that I had put in there and I have to do it all over
> again.
>
> How do I make the text box "remember" from save to save and open - close -
> re-open?
>
> This is the web site I used as a guide to accomplish this:
> http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
>
> TIA,
>
> Sharon
Don't have an immediate solution for you, but I ran into a similar
problem -- actually worse -- as you.

I created a drop down combo box in a chart on its own sheet.  The combo
box has a source range of =TeamList, where TeamList is a range on a
worksheet.  The chart and combo box work fine when created.  After
saving, closing, and reopening the file, the combo box is no longer
linked to TeamList.  Worse, if I try and reestablish the list, XL
crashes.

Happens consistently on XL2003.  Haven't had time to research the issue
further.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
  + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article <AB016DE5-2597-4A84-B490-9A35A5D46E8C@microsoft.com>,
Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Hello,
>
> I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and
> then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic.
>
> On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2.
>
> On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that
> I want to use as my Chart titles.
> For example:  =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.")
>
> I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3
> is named "NAF".
>
> I then added a text box to my first chart where the chart title should go.
> In the text box I put the formula =FAC.
>
> Then I go back to Sheet2 change my options in my drop down menus, come back
> to Sheet7 to make sure it worked and it does.
>
> But, when I save the workbook, close it and re-open it, the text box seems
> to "forget" the range that I had put in there and I have to do it all over
> again.
>
> How do I make the text box "remember" from save to save and open - close -
> re-open?
>
> This is the web site I used as a guide to accomplish this:
> http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
>
> TIA,
>
> Sharon

0
Tushar
4/30/2005 10:51:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.  If I'm understanding what you're saying, I think
that's what I'm currently doing.  My chart title reference (=FAC) is on the
same sheet as the chart.  I will try just saying =$A$1 and see if that makes
a difference.

Thanks for your input.

Sharon

"John Mansfield" wrote:

> Sharon,
>
> I'm speculating but I think the problem might be due to multiple sheet
> references.  Try adding a cell reference on the sheet with the embedded chart
> that refers to the named reference.  For example, if your chart is on Sheet 1
> and you want your dynamic title to refer to the named reference called FAC,
> in Sheet1!A1 add the formula =FAC.  Then, change your dynamic title formula
> to read =$A$1.
>
> ----
> Regards,
> John Mansfield
> http://www.pdbook.com
>

> "Sharon" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and
> > then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic.
> >
> > On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2.
> >
> > On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that
> > I want to use as my Chart titles.
> > For example:  =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.")
> >
> > I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3
> > is named "NAF".
> >
> > I then added a text box to my first chart where the chart title should go.
> > In the text box I put the formula =FAC.
> >
> > Then I go back to Sheet2 change my options in my drop down menus, come back
> > to Sheet7 to make sure it worked and it does.
> >
> > But, when I save the workbook, close it and re-open it, the text box seems
> > to "forget" the range that I had put in there and I have to do it all over
> > again.
> >
> > How do I make the text box "remember" from save to save and open - close -
> > re-open?
> >
> > This is the web site I used as a guide to accomplish this:
> > http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Sharon
0
Sharon1 (141)
4/30/2005 9:00:03 PM
Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one and that it's not me doing
something wrong.  Thankfully nothing crashes.  :)

Thanks for your response,

Sharon

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> Don't have an immediate solution for you, but I ran into a similar
> problem -- actually worse -- as you.
>
> I created a drop down combo box in a chart on its own sheet.  The combo
> box has a source range of =TeamList, where TeamList is a range on a
> worksheet.  The chart and combo box work fine when created.  After
> saving, closing, and reopening the file, the combo box is no longer
> linked to TeamList.  Worse, if I try and reestablish the list, XL
> crashes.
>
> Happens consistently on XL2003.  Haven't had time to research the issue
> further.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Multi-disciplinary business expertise
>   + Technology skills
>     = Optimal solution to your business problem
> Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005
>
> In article <AB016DE5-2597-4A84-B490-9A35A5D46E8C@microsoft.com>,
> Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and
> > then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic.
> >
> > On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2.
> >
> > On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that
> > I want to use as my Chart titles.
> > For example:  =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.")
> >
> > I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3
> > is named "NAF".
> >
> > I then added a text box to my first chart where the chart title should go.
> > In the text box I put the formula =FAC.
> >
> > Then I go back to Sheet2 change my options in my drop down menus, come back
> > to Sheet7 to make sure it worked and it does.
> >
> > But, when I save the workbook, close it and re-open it, the text box seems
> > to "forget" the range that I had put in there and I have to do it all over
> > again.
> >
> > How do I make the text box "remember" from save to save and open - close -
> > re-open?
> >
> > This is the web site I used as a guide to accomplish this:
> > http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Sharon

0
Sharon1 (141)
4/30/2005 9:02:01 PM
Sharon -

You can't use just the name of the name (ha ha) in the chart's text element
formulas. Or the address. You need to qualify the name or the address with the sheet
name:

=Sheet7!FAC

or

=Sheet7!$BA$1

If you type your = sign and select a cell, if the cell isn't specially named, Excel
puts the sheet reference in the formula. If the cell has a name, Excel puts just the
unqualified name into the formula and throws an error (Excel 2000 anyway; my modern
computer's in the sickbay). Don't feel so bad about not knowing, because Excel
doesn't even get it right.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Sharon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and
> then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic.
>
> On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2.
>
> On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that
> I want to use as my Chart titles.
> For example:  =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.")
>
> I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3
> is named "NAF".
>
> I then added a text box to my first chart where the chart title should go.
> In the text box I put the formula =FAC.
>
> Then I go back to Sheet2 change my options in my drop down menus, come back
> to Sheet7 to make sure it worked and it does.
>
> But, when I save the workbook, close it and re-open it, the text box seems
> to "forget" the range that I had put in there and I have to do it all over
> again.
>
> How do I make the text box "remember" from save to save and open - close -
> re-open?
>
> This is the web site I used as a guide to accomplish this:
> http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
>
> TIA,
>
> Sharon

Wow!  I really hope this works.  I am working at home right now on a Mac and
it seems to "remember" now when I added the Sheet reference in front of the
cell reference.

I'll test it again on Monday when I get to work and am on a PC just to make
sure.

Thanks so much, I think I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the
tunnel.  :)

Sharon

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Sharon -
>
> You can't use just the name of the name (ha ha) in the chart's text element
> formulas. Or the address. You need to qualify the name or the address with the sheet
> name:
>
> =Sheet7!FAC
>
> or
>
> =Sheet7!$BA$1
>
> If you type your = sign and select a cell, if the cell isn't specially named, Excel
> puts the sheet reference in the formula. If the cell has a name, Excel puts just the
> unqualified name into the formula and throws an error (Excel 2000 anyway; my modern
> computer's in the sickbay). Don't feel so bad about not knowing, because Excel
> doesn't even get it right.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> Sharon wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having a problem with a dynamic chart title and saving, closing and
> > then re-opening the workbook and the chart title still being dynamic.
> >
> > On Sheet2 of my workbook I have some drop-down menus in cells B2:E2.
> >
> > On Sheet7 of my workbook in cells BA1:BA3 I have Concatenation formulas that
> > I want to use as my Chart titles.
> > For example:  =CONCATENATE("This is my " Sheet2!$B$2, " ", "chart.")
> >
> > I named the ranges on Sheet7, BA1 is named "FAC", BA2 is named "POD" and BA3
> > is named "NAF".
> >
> > I then added a text box to my first chart where the chart title should go.
> > In the text box I put the formula =FAC.
> >
> > Then I go back to Sheet2 change my options in my drop down menus, come back
> > to Sheet7 to make sure it worked and it does.
> >
> > But, when I save the workbook, close it and re-open it, the text box seems
> > to "forget" the range that I had put in there and I have to do it all over
> > again.
> >
> > How do I make the text box "remember" from save to save and open - close -
> > re-open?
> >
> > This is the web site I used as a guide to accomplish this:
> > http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Sharon

0
Sharon1 (141)

Chart Series Line Editing before building
I have a client chart that graphs data over multiple years. Each year data is in it's own worksheet and I have pre-defined these data ranges to automatically build the line graph charts as the client enters the data. These charts are then built on a seperate worksheet by month for the client. My problem. How do I change the line in the graph, both color and format, before the chart series even builds. For instance, for say January 2005, which has not had data entered yet, the default line that will build is thin and a light blue, hard to see on screen. I want a heavy, dark green, smo...

Excel Functions #2
hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to do this, because im fairly novice with excel: Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn green if the cell value is between 110 and 105 i want it to turn yellow if the cell value is below 105 i want it to turn red any help would be seriously appreciated. thanks spotseven wrote: > hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to > do this, because im fairly novice with excel: > > Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn gr...

RMS 2.0 Integration Approach
Hi everyone, I have Commerce Server 2009 in place and would like to integrate it with RMS2.0. What are some ways in general that an external system can integrate with RMS2.0? Regards. ...

Trouble Printing Checks #2
I'm using Money 2004. I have a list of checks to be printed, but no 'Print Checks' on the left side panel. When I go the 'File' menu to print checks it gives me a "You don't have any accounts with checks to be printed." message. What can I do? David See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=91. "David" wrote: > What can I do? I would run a file repair to see if that will correct the number do indicate the number of checks that have been set to "print". "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

can't delete mailbox #2
I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? Wait until AD replicates then you'll be able to purge the mailboxes with the red Xs "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23fkHzmOMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I >can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? > Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and select Run Cleanup Agent. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange M...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

OS version 10.2
In a previous post, I was told that Office 98 for MAC will not work on OS 10.2 and was directed toward getting Office 2004. In the system requirements for 2004, it says that it is for users who have 10.2.8 or later. Is OS 10.2 upgradable to 10.2.8 or do I need to go with Office X or 2001 for OS 10.2? Heath Kuszak IT Manager Verdone Landscape Architects, Inc. Heath Kuszak <heath@verdonelandarch.com> wrote: > In a previous post, I was told that Office 98 for MAC will not work on OS > 10.2 and was directed toward getting Office 2004. In the system requirements > for 2004, ...

Matrix #2
Hiya, I need to create a chart which is a matrix of four 'boxes' (a bit like the BCG 'Cash cow, star, etc matrix if you know it). But am having real trouble. What I need is this (and I'm going for the simplest method here - I ignored the four 'boxes' and just tried to get the data as I want on the chart): Data source: Project Name Value(1-10) Difficulty(1-10) Proj1 5 8 Proj2 8 10 Proj3 1 8 Proj4 3 ...

When will CRM 2.0 be released?
I was wondering if anyone has a firm(ish) idea when version 2 will be released. I've heard 2005, but that is a little vague. My company has identified a few gaps that should be resolved with the 2005 expected enhancements. If the release is put off until this time next year, we will go ahead and correct now. However, we would like to hold off wasting time\money is Microsoft will deliver within the 1st two quarters of 2005. Thoughts? The latest word is that CRM 2005 should be release sometime in calendar Q2 of 2005. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------...

Spinning Beach Ball
I seem to notice a correlation between seeing the spinning beach ball more often after launching MS Word for OSX. I removed the PDFMaker.Lib and this improved the performance a great deal, but still noticing the SBB more often after launching Word. Anyone know about this? Many Word issues are related to corrupt Word Settings or Normal Template. You could try removing the Word Settings file, then testing. The Normal Template could be renamed, then test. Be sure Word is closed before removing or changing any files. You could also consider running the Remove Office utility and reinstalling Offi...

Grayed out Close button on Title bar
Help, The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. TIA, Elena Do you use Groupwise? "Elena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13fe01c48c38$31b26a90$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this : problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. : Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. : : TIA, : Elena just to add to lady layla's response: xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise ...

Excel #2
College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? Choose File>Properties On the Summary tab, check 'Save preview picture. Click OK Tech Coor wrote: > College text asks students how to save a file with a preview? I assume a print preview? Any suggestions? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

HOW USE 2 LANGUAGES IN AX. ???????????
Hello I have problem and I need Help: 1. Axapta using English Language in all system 2. I need write something in Russian Language. When I use Russian Keyboard and I wriet somethings in Axapta fields is ok, but after this Russian words was change and I see only symbol likely this ??????? (query) 3. In MS SQL database in the fields I see words likely this symbol ??????? (query) Please send my all information how I can write something in different Languages in this same Axapta - I need write simultaneously in 2 Languages. Please send answer on ma email: search1234@wp.pl Thank...

Sharing chart on two pages
Hello, I have a worksheet where I put some datas and then under this datas is a chart. Place taken by this data isn't static - once there is more datas and the other time there is more datas. I have problem with this chart, because sometimes chart is shared between two pages on printing. Is there a possibility to use something like property "keep together" in crystal reports where object is printed whole on one page (if there is no enough place it's started pritnting on next page)? Maybe somebody knows how to do it in macro if there is no appropriote property -- Bes...

CDialog::DoModal() (2)
Few days ago I have asked the same question but didn't get any answers. :( This is my problem: I have written plugin for one app and it crashes here: //dlgcore.cpp CDialog::DoModal() { .... if (m_nFlags & WF_CONTINUEMODAL) { // enter modal loop DWORD dwFlags = MLF_SHOWONIDLE; if (GetStyle() & DS_NOIDLEMSG) dwFlags |= MLF_NOIDLEMSG; //It crashes on the line below VERIFY(RunModalLoop(dwFlags) == m_nModalResult); } .... } I belive that possible cause was that I didn't initialized MFC in any way. I have noticed this in my other pro...

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send #2
i am using outlook 2003 and windows XP and can receive but not send e-mail. i can send occasionally but only about 1 out of 50 or so attempts, so i am assuming that all my settings are correct as i can send sometimes. i have just upgraded to outlook 2003 and was using outlook 2002. i have verified that my account settings are correct. i have no firewall. can anybody offer any suggestions. Hey Jim, Does the email you are trying to send bounce back as undeliverable? If so, what error message goes with it? I am fighting something similar with Outlook97, and am looking for ideas of what to ...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

Information Store Crash #2
The Information Store on our Exchange 2000 server crashed. The following errors were in the event log, but I cannot tell if they are a cause or a symptom of the crash. If anyone has any insight, that would be great. . . a reboot seemed to correct the issue and it has not happened again. Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8217 Date: 10/5/2004 Time: 1:55:25 PM User: N/A Computer: exchg Description: The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "Tom is gone after 2 pm (class)" in mailbox: UserA failed with error code 0x80040...

2 Axis Pivot Chart
Is it possible to create a 2 axis (a combination of line & bar) chart from a pivot table? Sure is, did you try? Right click a series that you want on the secondary axis, choose Format Series, and on the Axis tab (Excel 2003 and earlier) or the Series Options tab (2007) select the Secondary Axis option. To change the chart type, right click on the series, choose (Change) Chart Type, and select the type you want. Of course, the pivot chart is likely to lose this formatting when it is refreshed, Which even Microsoft admits is a problem. They suggest recording a macro next time you f...

macro #2
I'm new at this so this might seem elementary but if you don't know you ask those that do. I've created a macro that is suppose to clear the input data on a worksheet when a command button is clicked. However when the msgbox appears asking them if they wish to continue and they click "yes" nothing happens.I've included the code that I've written. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub cmdclear_Click() MsgBox "Caution: You are about to delete the information on this worksheet" & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Do you wish to continue?"...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart #2
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. "Pub 2003 will not insert MS cliipart" wrote: > Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. > The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on > running Setup to install converters, press F1. p.s. to this message, F1 provides no information and I already cleared cache in IE tools. Did not work. Clipart will not insert. &qu...

Conditional Formatting based on deadlines #2
Excellent! Thanks! My brain gets confused between what you can use i formulas and what can be used in VBA. Alex Delamain Wrote: > Under conditional formatting set condition 1 > Formula is =+$E2<=NOW()+7 > > Then apply your forma -- madblok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1442 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27448 NOW() has a date and time component TODAY() has only a date component Ok, incorpo...

How 2 sort an autosum total list after adding items 2 autosum item
Am using detail dollar amount list to insert new transactions in the middle of a the detail list, and they in turn get included in the 'autosum' total calc which is located in another item total summary list in the same workbook. If we try to sort the autosum total summary list, the autosum totals seem to loose their connection with the detail autosum calc list. Is there anyway to keep this connection, ie be able to add items into the detail autosum calc lists, and then sort the autosum summary totals ? -- Thanks again for your help. akm (XPpro,SP-2,IE-7,Office2003...

CRM 1-2 -> 3.0 Input string was not in a correct format. (upgrade
I've the same error during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. I've tried without any opportunity to make sure not to have est. revenue data but the error is still there during upgrade. It happens during the ImportDefaultDataAction step near the end of the upgarde process. Otherwise 1.2 wasn't giving the error. Any idea? thanks in advance Refering to http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=input+string&dg=microsoft.public.crm&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&...