Dynamic Chart :S please help me !!!

Damn , I'm getting so confused with this so please help!!

This is what I want to do.

I've got one databasetab with this column :

week1        week2         week3      week4
object1      3                 4                   5             45
object2      43               34                43            43
object3      88             554
object4

and so on.

Now ik want on another Sheet a box where I can fill in the wee
number and than a chart wil show only the numbers of that week
as:

WEEK #

object1   object2  object3 object4

Hope you understand what I mean and can find a solution for m
problem.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Stif

Check the Excel/Tutorials/Dynamic Charts page of my web site,
specifically example 4.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
  + Technology skills
    = Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2004

In article <Stift.166s8i@excelforum-nospam.com>, Stift
<<Stift.166s8i@excelforum-nospam.com>> says...
> Damn , I'm getting so confused with this so please help!!
>
> This is what I want to do.
>
> I've got one databasetab with this column :
>
> week1        week2         week3      week4
> object1      3                 4                   5             45
> object2      43               34                43            43
> object3      88             554
> object4
>
> and so on.
>
> Now ik want on another Sheet a box where I can fill in the week
> number and than a chart wil show only the numbers of that week
> as:
>
> WEEK #
> 1000
>
> 500
>
> 0
> object1   object2  object3 object4
>
> Hope you understand what I mean and can find a solution for my
> problem.
>
> Thanks in Advance !!!
>
> Stift
>

> ---

Tushar
5/13/2004 10:34:29 AM
I will take a look, thanks for the info!

Woww cewl It's working, need a few adjustments but that's no proble
!!!

Very great website also !

Ok got it working now.
Problem is solved !!

Glad we got that going.  Thanks for the comments on the website.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <Stift.1671tn@excelforum-nospam.com>, Stift
<<Stift.1671tn@excelforum-nospam.com>> says...
> Woww cewl It's working, need a few adjustments but that's no problem
> !!!
>
> Very great website also !!
>

> ---

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

What's this symbol?
In a file I got from elsewhere (can't ask the author), there are gray colored symbols in the left margin that look like a capital "I" or a vertical I-beam, a little bigger than the text (could almost be like a bracket). I can't select them, can't find anything in Help. What are these? TIA, Andy See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sumdata.htm#subtotals then look in HELP for Subtotal --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://w...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

Naming charts on own sheet
Hi. I have a series of charts (which are all contained on their own sheets). I need to name each of the charts (as they will be used by someone else in a macro). I have tried clicking on them and also pressing shift before clicking on them, and I am not able to change the name in the name combo box. Can anyone advise me of how I can change the names. Thanks for your help. Hi, If you have chart sheets you can change the name by simply changing the sheet tab name. What you described is the method used on chartobjects, which are usually on a worksheet. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Mi...

- About Outlook's archiving capabilities...
I am trying to take a load off Outlook (Office XP) by archiving old items, but I'm new to the process. Every folder I archive seems to generate its own "Archive" folder in the Folder List... so essentially, all it did was move the old contents from one folder to another. My question is, am I really helping Outlook at all by doing this? The whole point of archiving was to give it fewer messages to load at bootup. But it's still loading them in the Archive Folders, isn't it? What happens if I delete the Archive Folders? Am I helping Outlook's performance at all? And ...

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

Standalone v's Enterprise Root CA's
I'm new to W2K8 CA's and was wondering if someone could please answer my below questions: 1) What are the pro's and con's between a Standalone and an Enterprise Root CA? 2) Does a Root CA always has to been online for NAP with IPsec to work? 3) Does a Root CA have to be online of a Subordinate CA to automatic enrol a certificate to a client? 4) For HA reasons, can you MSCS cluster Subordinate CA's? Cheers, Cosmo Hello Cosmo, I am not the AD CS expert but hopefully this helps to start: 1. See here for details about, applies also for Windows serv...

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

help with dynamic tables

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

Analysis Cubes Measures & Facts Mismatch Dynamics GP
i am facing the issue that all data is not populated to cube as is available in GP for examples monlthly sales does not match with Dynamics monthly sales for example acccount list in account fact table does not match with Accounts in dynamics gp missing information is also variable somewhere week data is missing and somewhere month data is missing although schedule job for daily update is also scheduled and running successfully Configuration: SQL 2005 Analysis Service Please help!!!! ...

manufacturing scrap not calculating on pick list and serial #'s no
I have entered my percentage of scrap on a MFG BOM and is seems to be calculating properly in the setup. When I release the components and add them to a pick list the scrap is not calculating. I also choose serial numbers and they do not carry thorugh and print on the pick list. Is there some setting that I have missed? -- Paula ...

survival chart
Hi! Does anybody have an idea how it would be possible to trick Excel into making a survival plot? That is a stepped graph ploting cumulative survival on the y axis and time slots on the x. Any suggestion would be most appreciated. Andrej Andrej - I don't have a 'survival plot' per se, but you could look for ideas on my web site. The cumulative probability plot sounds like a possible candidate: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ProbabilityChart.html If it doesn't give you any idea, post back with some typical data, and we'll have a look. - Jo...

Customizing Excel's Border Defaults
I'm working with Excel 2000 and use Borders frequently. The preset default border is a thin line, yet I prefer and always change it to the thick line. How can I change the Excel default to the thick line rather than the thin line? I know it's a small problem, but it's driving me crazy changing it all the time. In WORD, I know how to easily "add style default to template", but can't figure it out in Excel. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

trying to link maps and pie charts
Hello I was trying to link sales data stored in an excel table with a specific country in MapPoint. This software allows you to do this very easily. You can even picture the data in piecharts (% sales for each competitor). However there is very little flexibility with the look of the result: you cannot choose the color of the slices of the pie, you may not display data on the graph, and the maps do not look very professional. I know it is possible to link automatically a table with a shape in visio. Can this shape be a given country/region on a map? Can the callouts have th...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Macro Help #18
Well I think this is a macro. I have searched my excel book and i can not seem to figure out what to do. I want to write something that if this statement is true, then the font color changes. But here is the potential problem. THe location of the text will change. So i need it to search for this text and then change the color. Does that make sense? Is this possible? If this can be done it will really help me. Thanks in advance. This is exactly what i am trying to do. You type in a persons name into cell a1. you also type a name into cell a2. These names will transfer over ...