dynamic chart on user selected data range in Excel 2007

I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data range
in Excel 2007.  I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart
creation' VB scripts.  Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007.  After Jon's
interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work, meaning
one can not input any data by mouse selection.  I tried to click 'ok', but it
only selected the input box.  I hope Jon or some one else can see this and
offer some help.   Thank you all very much for your tips.
0
turen (6)

This worked fine in a test I just ran. Did this work for you in Excel 2003?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"turen" <turen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data
>range
> in Excel 2007.  I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart
> creation' VB scripts.  Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007.  After
> Jon's
> interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work,
> meaning
> one can not input any data by mouse selection.  I tried to click 'ok', but
> it
> only selected the input box.  I hope Jon or some one else can see this and
> offer some help.   Thank you all very much for your tips.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
8/31/2007 1:28:42 AM
Jon,

Thank you very much for the reply.  I don't know if I did something wrong.
What I did was to download your InteractiveChartCreation.zip file and extract
it.  After I opened interactiveChartCreation.xls and enabled macro, I used
mouse to drag a region where I want the chart to be drawn, then click 'ok' in
the 1st input box, but everytime I moved my mouse pointer to the input box,
it showed a 'select icon' (four arrows in up, down, left and right
direction), so I end up selecting the input box object and nothing happened.
The same happened when I selected the data in the 'data sheet' and tried to
click 'ok' in the 2nd input box.  Did I do something wrong?  Thank you very
much for your time.   I don't have other excel version to try.

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> This worked fine in a test I just ran. Did this work for you in Excel 2003?
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "turen" <turen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data
> >range
> > in Excel 2007.  I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart
> > creation' VB scripts.  Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007.  After
> > Jon's
> > interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work,
> > meaning
> > one can not input any data by mouse selection.  I tried to click 'ok', but
> > it
> > only selected the input box.  I hope Jon or some one else can see this and
> > offer some help.   Thank you all very much for your tips.

0
turen (6)
8/31/2007 10:50:02 PM
Jon,

I got it now.  Previously I was using your instruction sheet to do the work
and that did not work.  After I copied your vb script to a new workbook.  it
worked.

I am a newbie and just begin to learn Excel programming.  Thank you so very
much.

Turen

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> This worked fine in a test I just ran. Did this work for you in Excel 2003?
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "turen" <turen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data
> >range
> > in Excel 2007.  I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart
> > creation' VB scripts.  Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007.  After
> > Jon's
> > interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work,
> > meaning
> > one can not input any data by mouse selection.  I tried to click 'ok', but
> > it
> > only selected the input box.  I hope Jon or some one else can see this and
> > offer some help.   Thank you all very much for your tips.

0
turen (6)
8/31/2007 11:24:19 PM

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> This worked fine in a test I just ran. Did this work for you in Excel 2003?
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> _______
>

> "turen" <turen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data
> >range
> > in Excel 2007.  I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart
> > creation' VB scripts.  Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007.  After
> > Jon's
> > interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work,
> > meaning
> > one can not input any data by mouse selection.  I tried to click 'ok', but
> > it
> > only selected the input box.  I hope Jon or some one else can see this and
> > offer some help.   Thank you all very much for your tips.

0
turen (6)
8/31/2007 11:26:01 PM
That's funny, when I tested it I downloaded the zip, extracted the xls, and
ran it as is. I also copied the code from the web site and pasted it into an
Excel 2007 module. Both worked as expected. I don't understand your
difficulty, but at least you got it working.

- Jon
-------

> Jon,
>
> I got it now.  Previously I was using your instruction sheet to do the
> work
> and that did not work.  After I copied your vb script to a new workbook.
> it
> worked.
>
> I am a newbie and just begin to learn Excel programming.  Thank you so
> very
> much.
>
> Turen
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> This worked fine in a test I just ran. Did this work for you in Excel
>> 2003?
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>

>> "turen" <turen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data
>> >range
>> > in Excel 2007.  I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart
>> > creation' VB scripts.  Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007.  After
>> > Jon's
>> > interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work,
>> > meaning
>> > one can not input any data by mouse selection.  I tried to click 'ok',
>> > but
>> > it
>> > only selected the input box.  I hope Jon or some one else can see this
>> > and
>> > offer some help.   Thank you all very much for your tips.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

How to export Notes to Excel
Hi all, I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? Thanks -- phumulaniluyandacollinlembede Navigate to Advanced Find and select 'Notes', then export as necessary/appropriate.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "Phumulani" wrote: > Hi all, > > I would like to export notes contacts with their associated notes. How do i > do this in crm 4.0 as i dont see the notes column to add on my view? > > Thanks > -- > phumulaniluyandacollinlembede ...

Excel not Access

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Before Update on record select

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

data input in text box

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

Sorting Data #5

Size of dynamically allocated array
What's the easiest way to determine the size (number of objects) of a dynamically allocated array? Chip While it's probably not reliable, I did find that the address you get back from the 'new' operator is not the actual starting address of the allocated block. If you subtract sizeof(DWORD)*4 from that address and then read the value at that address, you'll have the requested size, but not the actual size that the memory manager allocated. For example: char *p = new char[1234]; strcpy(p, "Hello World!"); // not necessary but does help to locate stuff in mem...

Grammar check not working

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Opening Excel Workbooks