Dynamic chart generation: Run time Error '1004: Method 'Cells' of object'_Global' fai

Hello,

I am trying to generate a chart with multiple series. The number o
series is not fixed and can be any number. I recorded a macro and the
modified the code. 'Counter' refers to the number of the series and
have referenced it in a worksheet. I am getting the error in the lin
that is bold. Thank you for your help.

The code is as follows:

Dim Counter As Integer
Dim i As Integer

Sheets("With TC").Select
Counter = Cells(38, 13).Value
ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine
With Sheets("VP_WithTC")
ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=.Range(.Cells(2, 13), .Cells(Counter
16)), PlotBy _
:=xlRows
End With
For i = 2 To Counter
With ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries

.VALUES = ACTIVESHEET.RANGE(CELLS(I, 13), CELLS(I, 16)
.XValues = ActiveSheet.Range("E1:H1")
End With

Next i

ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet
With ActiveChart
.HasTitle = True
.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "Value Path Graph"
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Criteria"
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
.Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Normalize
values"
End With

End Su

--
Ajay_
Ajay_N's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3741

If your active chart is a chart sheet, then the active sheet is the chart,
not a worksheet. So ActiveSheet.Cells will break.

You could add the chart directly as an embedded chart object, thus keeping
the workbook as the active sheet. Even if the chart is active, you can
reference the cells on the worksheet below.

The syntax is

  ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Add(left, top, width, height)

The dimensions in parentheses are for the embedded chart object, in points.

More VBA charting tips:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/QuickChartVBA.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Ajay_N" <Ajay_N.2cfn6s_1155395411.1191@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Ajay_N.2cfn6s_1155395411.1191@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to generate a chart with multiple series. The number of
> series is not fixed and can be any number. I recorded a macro and then
> modified the code. 'Counter' refers to the number of the series and i
> have referenced it in a worksheet. I am getting the error in the line
> that is bold. Thank you for your help.
>
> The code is as follows:
>
> Dim Counter As Integer
> Dim i As Integer
>
> Sheets("With TC").Select
> Counter = Cells(38, 13).Value
> ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine
> With Sheets("VP_WithTC")
> ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=.Range(.Cells(2, 13), .Cells(Counter,
> 16)), PlotBy _
> :=xlRows
> End With
> For i = 2 To Counter
> With ActiveChart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries
>
> VALUES = ACTIVESHEET.RANGE(CELLS(I, 13), CELLS(I, 16))
> XValues = ActiveSheet.Range("E1:H1")
> End With
>
> Next i
>
> ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet
> With ActiveChart
> HasTitle = True
> ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "Value Path Graph"
> Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
> Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Criteria"
> Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).HasTitle = True
> Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary).AxisTitle.Characters.Text = "Normalized
> values"
> End With
>

> End Sub
>

> --
> Ajay_N
> Ajay_N's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37418
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571032

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Document Viewer installer error

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

default values in a cell

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Error 550 Relaying denied

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Error 130

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...