Dynamic chart: Changing Ranges

Hi:

I have a set of data, going across by months, and going down into different
categories that I have to graph using stacked column charts. Since the data
is going to be in the same columns, just going down a category...I'd like to
know if there is a way for me to add some kind of drop-down to the chart so
that users can just drop-down to CATEGORY 1, and see the chart for CATEGORY
1, without me having to build 10 different charts that i'll have to update
everytime i add new data.

I would appreciate any advice or feedback.
0
Benihime (1)

Hello:
Check out Jon Peltier's website.  It looks like
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html is what you are
looking for.
GL,
Henk

"Benihime" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have a set of data, going across by months, and going down into different
> categories that I have to graph using stacked column charts. Since the data
> is going to be in the same columns, just going down a category...I'd like to
> know if there is a way for me to add some kind of drop-down to the chart so
> that users can just drop-down to CATEGORY 1, and see the chart for CATEGORY
> 1, without me having to build 10 different charts that i'll have to update
> everytime i add new data.
>
> I would appreciate any advice or feedback.
0
HEK (135)
4/27/2006 7:20:02 PM
This is great. I don't even have to look up links on my web site any more,
because someone's sure to have beaten me to it!

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"HEK" <HEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
> Check out Jon Peltier's website.  It looks like
> http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html is what you
> are
> looking for.
> GL,
> Henk
>
> "Benihime" wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I have a set of data, going across by months, and going down into
>> different
>> categories that I have to graph using stacked column charts. Since the
>> data
>> is going to be in the same columns, just going down a category...I'd like
>> know if there is a way for me to add some kind of drop-down to the chart
>> so
>> that users can just drop-down to CATEGORY 1, and see the chart for
>> CATEGORY
>> 1, without me having to build 10 different charts that i'll have to
>> update
>> everytime i add new data.
>>
>> I would appreciate any advice or feedback.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Moving Dynamics
Can someone direct me to updated infomation on How to move GP 10 to a new server box with SQL 2008 KB article 878449 still applies and has updated information for SQL Server 2008. -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "tstrop" wrote: > Can someone direct me to updated infomation on How to move GP 10 to a new > server box with SQL 2008 ...

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

Build Dynamic Query from Form
I am trying to build a dynamic Query from a Form. I keep getting an error that reads ‘Object qryFilter already exists’ I suspect it has something to do with the string of dates being passed to the Query; strDateCondition = "([Trades].[TDATE] Between [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo])" I am trying to add a means for a user to Query by Customer and Trader AND all records between two dates. This was working fine for Customer and Trader; when I added in the code to filter by dates I started having problems. I know the SQL will be li...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Background changes conditionally
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that shows the floor plan layout of my call centre. On each desk, the desk number and identity are displayed. I would like to colour the background for those pcs that are on the same subnet. I have a sheet called data - it contains Table Number, Desk Number, PC ID, IP Address. How could I get it to change the background colour if the pc is on subnet 162, and set a different colour for those on subnet 167 any ideas? -- PeterG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.p...

stop automatically changing formula!
i have a countif function COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") when i copy this and paste it to the next cell, the formula automatically change to COUNTIF(Locking!J16:J40,"f") How do I stop it from changing column I to J?!?!?! thanks. Caryn, =COUNTIF(Locking!$I$16:$I$40,"f") or =COUNTIF(Locking!$I16:$I40,"f") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "caryn" <caryn.tan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7n4u3$hgi$1@avnika.corp.mot.com... > i have a countif function > COUNTIF(Locking!I16:I40,"f") > when i copy this and paste it to the nex...

unable to change password via OWA
Hi, I am having a problem with users changing passwords via OWA. When they click on the change password button, it comes up with change password screen and asked for domain name, user name , old password ,etc. The problem that I have is that when I submit it, it comes up with message saying "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." But I didn't define any password policy on DC. What can I do ? Kindly please give me some idea. Thanks Losa If you are running windows and exchange 2003 then there are password requirements that...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

find match then change cell value

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

OWA - change password
Getting the "Object Required" error, when somebody is trying to change their password through OWA. (Win2003/Ex FE 2003) Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA! / Per Did you follow the steps in: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297121 ? -- Pablo D. Vernocchi Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSA + M / MCSE + Sec https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=8E94A6C0-F6D9-4686-96D5-04230CC0141F http://www.itpros.com.ar http://www.msglue.org http://msmvps.com/exchangebloglatino "Per Hagstrom" <per.hagstrom@swic.eduNOSPAM> wrote in message news:Ojo%23EozNHHA.1240@TK2...

Chart Wizard #5
Does excel 2007 have a chart wizard? If so, how do I access it? The chart wizard no longer exists in Excel 2007, RIP. You create a chart using the various chart buttons on the Insert tab, then struggle through the three Chart Tools contextual tabs looking for the controls to set up the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Liberty" <Liberty @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1186EF-4C15-4E3D-A642-D0EA334C1192@microsoft.com... > Does excel...

Easy dynamic chart.
Creating a dynamic chart is difficult, there should be a dynamic chart wizard that will create it with you. Also if my serie value is a name range, it would be nice to just right the Name range directly not with the complex formula. ='xyz.xlsx'!name range but just name range. xyz and name range is a fictive value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

iisadmpwd change pw gives error
Just cannot get password change to work on Exchange2003 (front-end server) & IIS 6.0 Is this a known issue Any help would be greatly appreciated. It could be that you are not (yet) allow to change your password either because password change is prohibited or because user has to wait for x days before he is allowed to change his password (domain policies). Whenever you reset a password for a user and the 'Cannot change pass before X days' is enforced, the user is not allowed to change it. David. "ss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....