Dynamic Bar Chart Category Axis Problem

Hi

I have created a dynamic bar chart, roughly based on Stephen Bullen's
funchrt4. The number of categories can range from 2 to about 50 and ideally I
would like the category axis names font to be Arial 10 at least.
When the number of categories gets towards 50, the category axis names
disappear altogether and the only way I have found to retrieve them is to
manually reduce the font size to about 7 (dependent on the level of the
zoom). This font size is excessively small for the majority of charts.
Is there any way to get Excel2002 to keep the category axis names in all
circumstances without reducing them all to a very small font size?

--
Thanks

Richard
0
Richard853 (481)

I have reposted this under a different subject heading
--
Thanks

Richard

"Richard" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have created a dynamic bar chart, roughly based on Stephen Bullen's
> funchrt4. The number of categories can range from 2 to about 50 and ideally I
> would like the category axis names font to be Arial 10 at least.
> When the number of categories gets towards 50, the category axis names
> disappear altogether and the only way I have found to retrieve them is to
> manually reduce the font size to about 7 (dependent on the level of the
> zoom). This font size is excessively small for the majority of charts.
> Is there any way to get Excel2002 to keep the category axis names in all
> circumstances without reducing them all to a very small font size?
>
> --
> Thanks
>
> Richard
0
Richard853 (481)

Problem with VBA and assignment of a value
I have a form w/subform and need to display the average of one field (AverageAge) and the count of records in the subform on the form somewhere else than in the subform. I calculate AverageAge as Average([Age] in the form footer. I get the record count using the recordCount property o the subform. The problem is that I can't sem to get the value 'AverageAge' into an unbound textbox. Me.AvgAge = Me.Team_Members_subform.Form.AverageAge produces the error Application-Defined or Object-Defined error. Me.AvgAge = Me.Team_Members_subform.Form.Age gives me the correct age f...

Table format
Hi When I run the code below I get "External table is not in the expected format" error at line rsData.Open sSQL, sConnect, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText Option Explicit Public Sub SelectFromAccess() Dim rsData As ADODB.Recordset Dim sPath As String Dim sConnect As String Dim sSQL As String 'Clear the destination worksheet Sheets(1).UsedRange.Clear 'Get the database path (same as this workbook) sPath = ThisWorkbook.Path If Right$(sPath, 1) <> "\" Then sPath = sPath & "\" 'Create the connection s...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Dynamic List Box using VBA
I wasn't really sure how to phrase this one -- this isn't your Typical Drop-Down List. I have a SELECT statement which queries SQL Server 2005 and displays the data in Excel. Let's say that a database lists products that have been delivered to 4 different cities, on 3 seperate days -- without knowing (in advance) the delivery dates, how could I create an input/drop-down field to allow the user to specify a particular date? I envision something like this: VBA code produces a list box of delivery dates based on a particular product and city. The user selects a delivery date ...

Problem with converting Quicken to Money.
I am a new user of Money, I just installed it and converted all of my Quicken files over. When I began to enter my recipts I was warned that there was already a weekly "recurring payment" related to that receipt. It ends up that more then half my receipts got the same warning. When I viewed the Bills area most days were filled with recurring payments. What is going on? Anyone else have this problem after converting from Quicken? ...

Index Match Problem
I'm using the following formula, but it's returning #N/A: =INDEX('File X'!$F$1:$F$2000,MATCH(1,($B5='File X'!$A$1:$A$2000)*(S$4='File X'!$G$1:$G$2000),0) However, if I replace the S$4 with "7710", it returns the correct value. The number in S4 is 7710. Why won't the formula recognize the cell reference, but if I type the contents of the cell manually, it works? I double-checked to make sure nothing was entered as text. Hi, is 7710 a number typed or imported, check if you don't have blank spaces in one of the two cells you ...

problems opening Office X 10.1.6 Update
I downloaded the new update - I had X 10.1.1. Upon trying to open it, after master code I get a sign "gathering information" and then an eternal beach ball. Anyone have ideas to assist? See this Apple Knowledge Base article for details: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107704> On 10/14/04 4:24 PM, in article 678eb007.0410141324.e291a24@posting.google.com, "Fish tales" <kiva4@mindspring.com> wrote: > I downloaded the new update - I had X 10.1.1. Upon trying to open it, > after master code I get a sign "gathering information" a...

Offsetting x axis chart labels
Please help - I'm really stuck with an approaching deadline... I'm doing a column chart with negative and positive bars, with the axis crossing at 0. My x axis labels need to be far enough down fro the columns so that they don't overlap the negative ones, but th offset feature only goes up to 1000 and this isn't enough. I've trie hardcoding spaces into the source cells for the labels to offset the further but although it works fine on screen and aligns the tex perfectly, in print preview and when actually printing the labels don' stay put. Any help gratefully appre...

Problem with Pie and Doughnut Charts
Hi, I have a couple of doubts in charts: 1) I have a graph where the Column and line charts are plotted on the same axis. I have got that correctly as well. Now, the problem is I want to display selective "Data Labels" on the *line graph*. How do I accomplish this task? (Actually the values for my line graph are same, hence its just a stright line. And I donot want the same value to be displayed again and again. I need just one data label on the beginning of the line) 2) Problem with Doughnut Chart: I have my "Category labels" on multiple rows (each value is typed in 3 ...

pie in pie chart
I'm trying to set up a pie in pie chart and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have 3 data points for the main pie and 5 data points for the secondary pie. Both sets total 100%, but what is happening is that in the main pie it's giving me 4 data points - the extra point is called "other" and that is what the secondary pie is an off-shoot of. I'm not sure why Excel is doing this. Any ideas? [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Kris. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] A pie-in-pie chart, *b...

problem with pivot table
Hello all: I am trying to make a pivot table from my date. My data includes Names, Dates (which I formatted to month, "m" in the format cells option)and Amount due. In designing the pt, I have "Name" in the row field, "Date" in the columnn field and "Amount due" in the Data field. I want my data to be grouped as follows: Month 1 2 3 4 Name $100 $20 $30 $20 Instead I am getting more than 1 month column i.e. Month 1 1 2 2 2 3 Name $80 $20 $30 $20 Do you know why...

Broken X axis
I'm trying to chart a stress-strain curve in excel, and I haven't been able to show 2 scales on the x-axis, one for the low range, 0-0.002, and another for the high-range 0.002-.6. Any help with this would be appreciated. Excel does not natively support broken axes. Tushar Mehta has directions for simulating a broken y-axis http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html that you might be able to adapt. Jerry LT wrote: > I'm trying to chart a stress-strain curve in excel, and I > haven't been able to show 2 scales on the x-axis,...

Strange problem in BP Portal for GP10 with Queries
I just had a user come to me and tell me he is getting an error on the sales page saying the query does not exist. This is the out of the box query that has not been modified. When I go into query organizer I find the Purchase Order Line Item folder but it now has a (1) beside it with the query inside it. What causes the folders to be renamed. While looking at the queries I multiple folders with the (1) out beside them. Thanks for any information you can shed on this. Robert Fann rfann@nospam.omnipackaging.com ------=_NextPart_0001_BD46EE76 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-...

How do I avoid this problem with rule?
I have a rule that looks for "hot" in the subject and moves that message to a spam folder. The problem is that if photo is in the subject, the rule sees "hot" in the word photo and moves the message. How can I tell the rule to look for complete words? Thanks, Brett Depending on the version of Outlook, you may be able to use the Exception rule. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Brett <myaccount@cygen.com> asked: | I have a rule that looks for ...

Shared 2007 Calendar Category
I have a department that uses a public shared calendar. Each technician has edit rights and enters their appointments using a specific color and has been doing this for almost a year now. One technician was put on a Dell Latitude D830 and is using Outlook 2007 as before. However, she can see the other technicians appointments but no longer sees the different colors they are using. No one else seems to have this problem. Is there some setting on her laptop that needs to be done so she can see the different colors? I've asked our Exchange Administrator and he doesn't ...

Help needed with form problem
Workbook contains several forms of varying style and function. One form shows the results of 10 recent tests in a countdown fashion, showing just the results of one test, followed by a one-second delay, followed by just the results of the second test, and so on until the result of each of the 10 tests has been shown. Then the program proceeds on to the next step by calling up a different form. The problem . . . Sometimes when the program starts running one or two of the forms are blanked out ("white" with just the top header showing). The forms continue to function within the ...

Charts #4
Hi: I have 2 columns - Visible Cost & Invisible Costs for 5 categories: Tech Cost, Facilities Cost, etc. I want to plot this in the following manner: For each category I want to plot the visible and invisible costs. The chart will have a line in between with Visible on the top in blue and invisible on bottom in red for each category. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Set up the data with categories in the first column, then Invisible, then Visible. Select a cell in the table Click on the Chart Wizard button on the toolbar Select the Column Chart type, and the stacked c...

Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem
Hi, I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5 server, but I can get no connection. From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end of the mail file name. From the MSOCLog.txt file <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC NumNames=1 ...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Outlook 2000 Password Problem
I have Outlook 2000 on my PC. One feature that I really like is that can type my password in once and for as long as that particular sessio is active the program will never ask me for my password again. Once leave the program the program will then again request the password fo email authentication. I have just gotten a laptop and I installe Outlook 2000 on it. The laptop makes me type in the password each time Is there a way for Outlook 2000 to remember my password each sessio without checking the Save Password box? Thanks, Chri ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Why does MS Money sometimes add items up in split categories?!
I've used MS Money for many years. One of my biggest problems with it is that sometimes, for reasons I have NEVER been able to figure out, when entering the Split mode for itemizing a transaction, it will stop subtracting from the total entered, but will instead reset the total of the amount to $0.00 and add things up. Why does it do that?! I'm using MS Money Deluxe 2006, and it STILL does that sometimes. Rod I **think** it depends on whether you specified the transaction total when entering/editing this transaction. I.e., if you are editing/entering a transaction that star...

Dynamic data label placement for graphs
I've read the article KB179199 on how to create custom data labels for charts and it's good, however doesn't meet all my requirements. Is there a way to have the data labels automatically move to a desired location relative to the graph? For instance, I'm using 50 bar graphs per work book and would like each data label to be just above their respective bar. TIA Hafeez I looked up article 179199 and got this: BUG: Grid Based on .QPR File Appears Blank in Visual FoxPro 5.0 which probably isn't the one you meant. By above the bar, are they horizontal bars and you ...

Multiple chart types on same chart
Hi, I have following data in columnar format Quarter of the year (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4) Geographic zone of organization, e.g. (North, East, West, South) 4 Top selling products of the company (P1, P2, P3, P4) And eventually the sales amounts for the concerned product in the concerned zone for the concerned quarter. I would like to have a single chart that displays on the x-axis the Quarters of the year. For each quarter the geographic zone data is shown as clustered bars, and the product info per zone is shown as stacked bar. Thus visually I will have per quarter the 4 geographic zo...

How to change labels on a chart from numbers to words?
Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my chart in excel from numbers to words! I'm not sure which labels you want to change to words, but maybe Jon Peltier's charting tutorial will help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html Arin wrote: > Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my > chart in excel from numbers to words! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html I suspect it's this page: http://peltiertech.com/...

Paper size problem
I want to print flyers using Wizard, on A5 Paper. When I use Special Size on Page Setup to change to A5 sizes and set Printer Properties to A5 paper in Print Setup, half the content is not printed. How can I fit the contents of the flyer to an A5 and print. I'm on Win. ME, Publisher 2000 and Lex.Z32 Printer. The flyers are only setup for standard size paper like A4. They are not able to be changed to A5 paper. You can open two instances of Publisher so you can copy from the A4 page to the A5 page and re-size the objects on the A5 page. -- The US should free all those illegally held...