Dual axis with Bar chart + two series : is it possible ??

Hi,

I'm looking for info on personnalized charts. I know that in the
personnalized type graphs Excel has a "Bar Chart + Plotted serie" with two y
axis'.

I would like to have a bar chart + two plotted series so the chart would be
:

x axis : data ( month, location...)
y axis n�1 ( left side) = bar chart scaling 0 to 400
y axis n�2 (right side) = TWO series scaling 10 to 50

Any help ?

0
mloury (2)

Create a chart with all three series.  Then, double-click one of the=20
series you want on the secondary y-axis and in the resulting dialog=20
box, from the Axis tab select Secondary.  Repeat for the 2nd series you=20
want on the secondary axis.

--=20
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <O$kLfYV9DHA.2832@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, mloury@free.fr=20
says...
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm looking for info on personnalized charts. I know that in the
> personnalized type graphs Excel has a "Bar Chart + Plotted serie" with tw=
o y
> axis'.
>=20
> I would like to have a bar chart + two plotted series so the chart would =
be
> :
>=20
> x axis : data ( month, location...)
> y axis n=B01 ( left side) =3D bar chart scaling 0 to 400
> y axis n=B02 (right side) =3D TWO series scaling 10 to 50
>=20
>=20
> Any help ?
>=20
>=20
>=20
Thank you !
"Tushar Mehta" <tmUnderscore200310@tushar-mehta.SeeOhEm> a �crit dans le
message de news:MPG.1a9bf7d94c74bdc09896f4@news-server...

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <O$kLfYV9DHA.2832@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, mloury@free.fr
says...
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for info on personnalized charts. I know that in the
> personnalized type graphs Excel has a "Bar Chart + Plotted serie" with two
> axis'.
>
> I would like to have a bar chart + two plotted series so the chart would
be
> :
>
> x axis : data ( month, location...)
> y axis n�1 ( left side) = bar chart scaling 0 to 400
> y axis n�2 (right side) = TWO series scaling 10 to 50
>

> Any help ?

0
mloury (2)
2/20/2004 1:04:03 PM
You are welcome.  Glad to be of help.

--=20
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <OdYaFI79DHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, mloury@free.fr=20
says...
> Thank you !
> "Tushar Mehta" <tmUnderscore200310@tushar-mehta.SeeOhEm> a =E9crit dans l=
> message de news:MPG.1a9bf7d94c74bdc09896f4@news-server...
> Create a chart with all three series.  Then, double-click one of the
> series you want on the secondary y-axis and in the resulting dialog
> box, from the Axis tab select Secondary.  Repeat for the 2nd series you
> want on the secondary axis.
>=20
>=20

Getting Chart Point info
Hi - I am building a "drill down" chart. When you click on one of the points of the chart, it takes you to anohter chart based on the informaiton on the point. I am using the MouseUp event and I have the Arg1 and Arg2 data. What I don't have is the actual "name" of the point. If you mouse over the point it will tell you the "name" of the series and the "name" of the point. How do I get this "name"? Arg2 simply tells me which point (1,2,3,4 etc.) in the series. I need the name. thanks Lizzard ...

Linking Charts to publisher file saved as web page
Good Day I hope someone can help me with this question - I am using publisher 2007 to create a newsletter ( Saved as web page ) on our local intarnet. I am now trying to add / link charts and excel tables to the newsletter. I am only able to paste as picture and have them dynamically update with daily sales for example. Can anyone help me with this . . . I am trying to find a way to insert excel charts and tables into my publisher 2007 webpage and have them automatically update when the excel files update - I do not want to copy and paste and re-publish everyday ...

Modify scale in X axis on a scatter plot from Pivot data
I need to increase the gap between my labels on the X axis in a scatter plot. They are too close and I can not read the labels unless i make them 4pt and zoom in to 200%. There are about 200 points on the X axis at .2 increments. I would like to be able to have labels for whole numbers only. I can not use a fixed set of values by generating a dummy X-axis since the range changes as I apply the different filters. Any ideas? thanks! Sandy Pivot charts don't let you change the spacing of the categories. They also don't let you make an XY (scatter) chart, so you probably have ...

Missing Standard Chart Types
Hi, after full installation of MS Office 2003, I tried to insert a chart into a worksheet. But, when I go to standard chart types, I can see ONLY 1 chart sub-type for each standard type. I did similar installation on another PC and I have many. What should I do to add more chart sub-types? Thanks in advance. JerryR ...

Charting two averages
I am trying to create a chart for real estate showing the length of a task vs the final results. There are three variables representing each trial: Group ID Duration Results For each group there is a variable number of trials. It was a simple task to use a pivot table to create a bar graph of the average duration for each group, sorted in ascending order, and the pivot table included the average results in the table as well. What I want to end up with is a bar graph with the group IDs on the X axis, sorted by the average duration, charted on the Y axis. To this graph I want to add a...

Why doesn't what I enter in the function bar appear in the cell?
I have a workbook that contains several copies of a master template worksheet. On one of these sheets when I enter text, it appears correctly in the function bar, but appears as a string of &s in the cell. This has only just occurred, and as far as I know used to work OK, i.e. it used to appear as text in the cell. What could cause this and what do I need to do to put it right? You wrote that the text appears as apersands (&). Did you really mean octothorpes (#)? If yes, then try formatting that cell as General--or anything but Text. Chris Mitchell wrote: > > I...

copy and paste excel charts as same size
I have a workbook that I need to make many charts in. And most of these charts are the same from page to page, just with data from a different sheet &/or series. I want to copy and paste one chart several times and then update the data series. However, when I paste, the chart always comes out about 75% of the size of the original. How can I copy and paste and keep the sizing in tact? I'm using Excel 2002 SP3. Thanks, Laurie A couple ways worked for me. You didn't specify that you were pasting copies of the chart onto the same worksheet and then scrolling down or over... The t...

Advanced "mixed" filter possible?
Is it possible in Outlook 2003, to make an advanced filter so that I filter out every mail with attachments (to my unwanted-email folder), except those emails from my friends ...? Regards Morten ...

how do I restore the pdf tool bar to excel?
I have PDF converter 2 software and had the pdf creator tool bar available when using excel spreadsheets and even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software the tool bar is still not available when I open excel, it is however, when I open word files. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any assistance. I can make my PDF toolbar come and go using View|Toolbars and clicking PDFMaker 6 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295E1162-175F-4483-BEEC-757DF68517CD...

Two identical formulas for a different result?
Hello everyone, :) A very quick question, but nonetheless very intriguing to me (I jus lost 4h on that :( ) I don't understand why my first formula works, and the second and thir don't. {=SUM(IF(FiscYear="2003",IF(IncomeFeeID="RB",Amount,0),0))} =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB")*Amount) (result is #value) =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB"),Amount) (this one could work too I thought, but result in a 0) I am simply trying to sum (amount) when the fiscal year is 2003 an IncomeFeeId is RB......

% completed in a Gantt Chart
Is there a way to show the percentage completed for a given task? I would like the bars in my Gantt chart to show how much of the task is completed, either by manual input of a % completed column, or based on calendar days. For example, on a given task's bar, 75% of the bar would be blue, the remaining 25% green, indicating the % completed. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 10:56:01 -0800, Michael B. <MichaelB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to show the percentage completed for a given task? I would >like the bars in my Gantt chart to show how much of the task is comp...

Multiple charts with same serie names
I want to have the same color in all four of my line charts per series. All charts have the same series name. Is there some type of VBA code that I can run a macro to achieve this ? example: boat = green line mnotorcycle = yellow line auto = red line Hi, You could avoid VBA, maybe, by choosing Tools, Options, Color and setting the first three colors of the Chart fills aor Chart lines area depending on the type of charts you are using. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: > I want to have the same color in all four of m...

Displaying hidden data on a chart
I have a number of data series in a table on sheet 1, and this data is plotted as an x-y scatter in a chart on sheet 2. I want to hide a column in the table, but when i do this the related data series disappears from the chart. Is there a way to hide a column whilst still having it plotted on the chart? At the moment I have just set the column width to 1 pixel, which is a bit messy. Thanks Hi, Yes, select the chart and then via the menu Toosl > Options > Chart. unchecked the Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy Nick Terry wrote: > I have a number of data series in a tabl...

I recently lost send/receive progress in the outlook status bar,
I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3. Until a couple of days ago, I would receive send/receive status and progress in the Outlook Status Bar at the bottom right of my Outlook Window. I don't think I made any changes, but the information no longer shows up. Are there any ideas as to why this may have happened? View-> Status Bar -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "jdw_...

Visio Org Chart being moved over as an object in powerpoint
I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around groups of boxes with arrows on each end and when I move or should I say copy to powerpoint one set of dotted lines become solid and I have no idea why? Can someone tell me. I suspect it's the fact that you may have copied it as an emf/wmf. Visio tries to ease the pain (since dotted lines make very large files) and converted them to straight. al "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D15E003-C042-478D-8113-2453AD2855D7@microsoft.com... >I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around g...

BUG?: Excel scatter chart: will not plot x-values
I am trying to make a simple scatter plot. There are two columns of data. Excel will not plot values on the x- axis, only categories. I have entered the ranges for x and y values correctly, and the chart wizard shows it; yet, the chart comes out with the x-axis showing only the points numbered in the order they are entered in the spreadsheet. Oddly enough, if only one y-value is included, it plots properly; the x-axis correctly shows the range of x-values entered, and the single data point shows up at its proper xy location. as soon as I expand the y-range to more points, the x-axis r...

Upgrade 7.5 to 9.0 possible issues
Hi! I'm working for clients who have GP 7.5 installed with SQL Server 2000. Few customization is done on it. They want to upgrade to 9.0 version. Could you please tell me if it's easy to perform upgrade or not? Possible issues? Also I haven't found any information about upgrading, please add links if available Thanks in advance. we're also in 7.5 just upgraded our test server with updated data to 9.0. had few bumps because I did some customizations and I knew where the problem occured. in your case, you have to know if the customizations will work on the new environ...

How do I set up a line

How how do I get a ligature tie bar below two characters? Help
The unicode character is 035C. I am using Word 2007 with Windows XP. When I type the character between the two letters, select it, and key in ALT x, I get the box that indicates a missing symbol. I can't find the symbol in the Arial Unicode MS set under IPA extensions, yet it is an IPA symbol and it does have a unicode character. Is there any way to make this work? (If this appears twice, forgive me. I am new to this discussion and am having some difficulty posting.) On Nov 15, 5:10=A0pm, Pamela Case <PamelaC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The unicode chara...

chart formatting #2
since excel already has conditional formatting for cells, it should also have conditional formatting for charts. like turning a portion of a line red if it falls, then the next blue if it rises. just a suggestion. Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart and http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pringles." <Pringles@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C0975DF9-CBA2-41A2-BB20-0BA647A40846@microsoft.com... > since excel already has conditional formatting for cells...

Elements in Chart Object move around between saves
I have a line chart embedded in a worksheet. This chart has a title and legend at top and 9 text boxes that display data from cells using a formula entered in the formula bar. I carefully arrange all of these items in the chart object and then save and close the file. When I re-open the file, one or more of these objects is no longer in the location where I placed them during my previous session - they've moved around inside the chart object. Has anyone seen this problem before? Is there a way to keep this from happening? ...

rescaling one axis in a surface plot
Hi, Is it possible to rescale one of the axes on a surface plot? Sometimes the automatic scale that Excel chooses is a bit silly and I end up with a very thin surface. Many thanks. Hi, The x and y axis scales on a surface chart are categorical. So are dependent on the number of rows and columns in your data set. You can adjust the values that appear in the legend (z axis) by double clicking the legend and using the Scale Tab settings. Cheers Andy passwd9 wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to rescale one of the axes on a surface plot? Sometimes > the automatic scale that E...

Scaling the x-axis on a line chart
I am having trouble scaling the x-axis so that the intervals are equal. The source data is not in equal intervals, it goes 0.0,0.2,0.4,0.45,0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8,0.9 (I think). What can I do to make the interval on the graph 0.2? I'm using XP. Don't make a line chart. Make an XY chart, using the markers and lines option. Then you can double click the X axis and set any appropriate tick spacing. An XY chart treats X and Y as continuously varying numerical values. A line chart treats Y that way, but treats X as non-numerical text labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel M...

table
with a vba macro I populated a table, the size of this table is variable in each execute this macro. and with this table I create pivot table, Database functions, but How to use all resources with all data? suggestions and examples thanks Marina Hi Marina Create a dynamic named range for your data. Insert>Name>Define>Mydata Refers to =OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNTA(A:A),10) The above example would create a range which contained as many rows as are present in column A, and the would be 10 columns wide. Change the formula as appropriate to your data location. Then in the Pivot Tab...

Why do series names on charts disappear when re-opening excel?
I have set up some bar charts in excel to display the series names and values of each series. However, when I close the application and re-open it, the series names are gone. I have checked the chart options, and the series name box is still checked. How do I fix this? Thanks ...