drop menu for charts

1. Create a summary table of BOH  by reset date with total inventory (BOH) by
week with a count of stores on each date and totals at the bottom
2. Format data cells BLUE if Value is greater than 73,000.  Use formatting
to do this, don't hunt, find and color.
3. On a separate sheet, create a tool with a drop down box to select a given
reset week and populate a small table with just the data for the selected
week.
4. Graph the data for the selected week.

I have 1 & 2 but not sure how to complete 3 & 4.
0
womblew (2)

3) Under View - Toolbars, select the Forms toolbar. Now create a combo box.
Format combo box, and give it the appropriate source. Now (key part) create a
cell link. This cell will now contain a number generated by the tool. Use
this number in a formula (probably using INDEX, see XL help file for further
info) to help populate your table with data.

4) Pretty simple once you get 3, just have it chart from the table you just
created.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"womblew" wrote:

> 1. Create a summary table of BOH  by reset date with total inventory (BOH) by
> week with a count of stores on each date and totals at the bottom
> 2. Format data cells BLUE if Value is greater than 73,000.  Use formatting
> to do this, don't hunt, find and color.
> 3. On a separate sheet, create a tool with a drop down box to select a given
> reset week and populate a small table with just the data for the selected
> week.
> 4. Graph the data for the selected week.
>
> I have 1 & 2 but not sure how to complete 3 & 4.
0
LukeM (202)
6/17/2009 5:58:02 PM
Sorry, but this did not help. I do not see a Forms toolbar. This may actually
be easier to to do if you could see what I have. If so, how do we do that?

"Luke M" wrote:

> 3) Under View - Toolbars, select the Forms toolbar. Now create a combo box.
> Format combo box, and give it the appropriate source. Now (key part) create a
> cell link. This cell will now contain a number generated by the tool. Use
> this number in a formula (probably using INDEX, see XL help file for further
> info) to help populate your table with data.
>
> 4) Pretty simple once you get 3, just have it chart from the table you just
> created.
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*
>

> "womblew" wrote:
>
> > 1. Create a summary table of BOH  by reset date with total inventory (BOH) by
> > week with a count of stores on each date and totals at the bottom
> > 2. Format data cells BLUE if Value is greater than 73,000.  Use formatting
> > to do this, don't hunt, find and color.
> > 3. On a separate sheet, create a tool with a drop down box to select a given
> > reset week and populate a small table with just the data for the selected
> > week.
> > 4. Graph the data for the selected week.
> >
> > I have 1 & 2 but not sure how to complete 3 & 4.
0
womblew (2)

Remove Add-Ins from Tools Menu
I installed an Add-In, used it an then uninstalled it. The Add-In still shows on the Tools menu. How do you get it off the menu? I exited and restarted the the program several times and the add-in is unchecked. Excel 2000, 9.04402 SR-1 Karl Does this add-in have a name? Some third-party applications are noted for sticking files in XLSTART. Visio comes to mind. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:31:17 GMT, "Karl Irvin" <88karl3200@comcast.net> wrote: >I installed an Add-In, used it an then uninstalled it. The Add-In still >shows on the Tools menu. How ...

How to create a drop-down list
I am at a lost and can't figure out how to create a drop- down box with information such as dates or names. Can anyone help me? You can use Data>Validation. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and on the following web page: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Frank wrote: > I am at a lost and can't figure out how to create a drop- > down box with information such as dates or names. Can > anyone help me? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do I make a combination chart in 2007 as in 2003?
Cannot work out how to make a simple combination graph like it was easy to do in 2003. Doesn't seem to be any help on this. Hi, Combination charts are still possible in xl2007. But the default ones presented in xl2003 have gone. Basically you have to create the combination yourself. Create the chart in the style that most series will be. Then selected a series that you want to change the chart type of and then press the Chart Type button in the Change Chart Type button within the Type Group in the Design tab of the Chart Tools contextual tab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsof...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

Drop List text
I am trying to fill in a couple of drop list for my user when I know the correct responses. BUT GetDlgItem(IDC_NAME)->SetWindowText("strData"); doesn't work (no errors, just doen't work). What's the correct way to programmatically fill in a drop list? Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 100,000 other groups x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD If by drop list you mean a ComboBox or ListBox, then attach a variable to controls using the DDX_Control or simpl...

MFC Dialog
Question One Why when I add a menu, the dialog size cuts off the bottom so that only half of the buttons (Ok & Cancel) show? I guess when the toolbar is added across the top, the dialog does not compensate. Question Two When adding a menu Help->About, is there a way to invoke the system menu that is already hidden in the upper left corner icon? You can mouse over the icon and get this menu to display. Just wondering if I should access that code instead of my own: CAboutDlg dlgAbout; dlgAbout.DoModal(); Thanks Added Information: This is the only code I'...

Conditional Graphs/charts?
I'll try to simplify things as much as possible. I currently have a numerically ordered list. I need to only display the list up to a certain number. The certain number which I need to list up to changes depending on other variables. I also need to display this restricted list in a graph/chart. I could conditionally format the list to only display numbers in a readable font colour up to the certain number, however when i then put the data into a chart, the values which are unreadable on the worksheet (e.g. because they are the same colour as the background) are displayed in the graph....

Using drop lines with XY scatter chart
I want to use the drop lines with a XY scatter chart, but unfortunately that option is not available under 'Format Data Series'---->'Options'. I know that this drop line option is available with other chart types like 'Line', problem is I can't use the Line chart type since it can't correcty represent my data set. I want a workable solution. XY charts don't have drop lines, but you can substitute an error bar. Double click on the series, click on either Error Bar tab, and select a negative error bar, select the Percentage option, and enter 100%. If ...

looking for cash drop and paid out reports
Does anyone have a report on these transactions that can be selected by date? Any help would be appreciated. Larry ...

Can't view charts
All my charts located in new sheets disappear!! How do you turn on the charts to view them normally? Try: Tools | Options; open View tab; locate Objects group in middle of dialog; check the Show All option. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Joanna" <Joanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A5C9E98-FEB4-4A30-BADC-BF4DC5708D90@microsoft.com... > All my charts located in new sheets disappear!! How do you turn on the > charts to view them normally? Hi, Thanks for the suggestion...

Zoom for Charts in XP
I cannot get the zoom function to work with my charts in XP. Using Windows ME the zoom function works fine. However I have tried everything in EP and I cannot get the zoom function to work with my charts. Any recommendations. johnuckols@aol.com John wrote: > I cannot get the zoom function to work with my charts in > XP. Using Windows ME the zoom function works fine. > However I have tried everything in EP and I cannot get the > zoom function to work with my charts. > > Any recommendations. > > johnuckols@aol.com Check the setting for "Sized with window&qu...

Number of items per day in chart.
Hello all, I have a list of dates and times ( listed as 1/18/2006 1:30:10 AM in cell) that indicate a sale that took place. What I am trying to do is create a chart from this list that indicate the number of sales per day. I would like the chart to have the days of the month accross the bottom and a bar indicating how many sales per that day. Can anybody help me with this? Whenever i try and use the bar chart it shows me a cumulative total (includes the previous sales from previous days). Also, I am using Excel 2003. Any help would be appreciated, Ian Let's assume you data...

Problem updating references on a chart
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with 50 tabs. Each tab has a 6 month audit score that looks like this: MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% There is a bar graph linked to these cells on each tab. What I am trying to do is group the tabs together, then delete the MAR score, shift all cells to the left, then add a SEP score. The problem is... when I try to do that, the graph changes to only show APR MAY JUN JUL & AUG. I can't get it to automatically add SEP. I could do it individually but that would be very time consuming to do it for 50 ...

Charting 2 pivot data items as one result
I have a pivot table that has a Count of Tools and a count of plants. What I want to chart is the result of the Count of Tools/Count of Plants. I tried using formulas from the PivotTable tools but I can't seem to make it work. I hate to think that I have to write the code to read the pivot table and place the valuse in cells below the pivot table then chart that range. Thanks for the help. Scott Scott - You wouldn't need VBA code to do this. If you know the structure of your pivot table, you can put a formula in a cell or cells outside the pivot table to give you this ...

bar chart axes minimum & maximum
Hello again I have excel 2007 I have a horizontal bar chart with about 12 bars. The horizontal axis shows the date; dates range from about 10 days ago to about 3 weeks into the future. To set the date axis I have to use 'format axis / options, fixed' & set the maximum & minimum 'manually'. I would like to set the minimum & maximum automatically from values I set in cells in the spreadsheet. Is this possible, ? Can anyone tell me how to do it please ? Thanks KK Hi, No you can not link the scale min/max values directly to a cell. You can though with ...

USE DISJUNCT DATA IN A CHART
DATA LOOKS LIKE THIS A B C YEAR COUNTY ESTIMATE 1981 ADAMS 100 1981 ALLEN 25 1981 ASHLAND 71 1981 ASHTABULA 40 1982 ADAMS 150 1982 ALLEN 30 2005 ADAMS 1000 2005 ALLEN 500 I HAVE 88 COUNTIES AND 25 YEARS OF POPULATION ESTIMATES. FOR EACH COUNTY I WANT A SIMPLE X*Y LINE CHART, YEAR ON X, ESTI...

Auto fill and drop down lists
The fields are Rank and Rank Sort (I cant do this alpabetically as a the ranks (Military) don't run in alphabetical order. The idea is this: The form (Pers Details Form) contains personal details Name, Number etc from the Pers Details Table. There will be box where I can select the rank from a dropdown list. The Rank details are contained in a seperate table (Rank Table) containing a Rank and Rank Sort column. In the Pers Details Form I can create a record, enter details but I want to have a drop down box to choose the rank from. Once chosen I would like the rank to show (but ...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

best practice with intranet security and menu structure
Here goes the scenario.. The intranet is using windows Auth integrated wih Active Directory. Which is fine and all the appropriate Roles/Groups are set. When a user clicks on a button on a page he/she is prompted and logs on and authorisation takes place and he gets redirected to the page depending on the GROUP/ROLES they belong to in the active directory. On the pages they have treeview webcontrol as a menu structure and the Datasource is an XML file. But the thing is each of the pages has got a different XML because they don't want them to see the same links(menu). And in that case its v...

chart reports
I have five chart wizard reports that I need to print at the same time every week. How do I set that up? How automated do you want this? Your options are: From have someone run them at the same time every week To creating a macro that runs each of the reports and then quits. Then use a scheduling program to open your MDB with a command line that calls the macro. If you have specific requirements, you need to let us know. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DJACKSON" wrote: > I have five chart wizard reports that I need to print at the same time every > week. How d...

Access Chart with a secondary Y Axis
Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible to get a secondary y-axis in Access charts? I have two series of numbers. One averages around 2.0 and the other around 50 (both measured against time) e.g. Jan07 1.8 48.7 Feb07 1.9 50.4 Mar07 1.9 49.8 Apr07 2.1 52.3 May07 2.0 45.2 Jun07 2.0 49.8 Jul07 1.9 50.3 If I plot both on the same graph as line the first series would just appear as a flat line along the bottom and I can't see any changes in it. Is there a way to have a secondary axis (I think this is possible in Excel) on the right hand side of the chart? I've thought there might be ...

Cannot select charts in Spreadsheet
Hello ! I received a spread sheet which the originator must have made some setting to prevent the selection of the charts in the spread sheet. I also notice the drawing toolbar has been masked (buttons are dull colored cannot be selected). What can I do to change this setting on selection of the charts so that I can edit them ? Thanks in advance. Is the workbook/worksheet protected? -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "ch" wrote: > Hello ! > > I received a spread sheet which the originator must have made some setting > to prevent the selection of the charts in the spre...

Report Menu
I have a report and I want to set up a menu so users can filter using a multi select list box. I have seen some sites that show examples of how to do this, but I have never really learned much about list boxes and how to use them. This is my current set up: I have a report called rptByStatusLocation. It has all of the main record summary information for this application. This has a query called qryRecordByLocationReport. I set a form to this as well and created a list box on the form called LstRecordStatus. The rowsource for this is the same field in the query that is in the...

Line Chart 03-22-10
I am trying to create a chart that will allow me to have multiple years on the same chart so the difference can be seen from year to year. Second problem is there a limit to what can be entered into the axis. I'm not sure if this is clear or not. Appreciate any assistance. EXCEL 2007 Please check out:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ - item number 53. Open the Workbook and go to the Chart Worksheet. 1. Change data range A4 to A8 to, for example:- 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 These dates will then appear in the Horizontal Axis of the chart. This gives y...