Double column with 2 different axis

I have a problem on creating a stack up chart :
         __A__   __B__   __C__   __D__
01/02/04   12      100      32     150
02/02/04   32      120      56     170

On the X axis is the Date. A and B is belong to 1 group,
therfore i need them to stack up wherelse C and D form
another one.These 2 stack up bar group are under x
axis "01/02/04"

This not only need to built a double column chart but also
with 2 Y axis (A and C) (B and D)

No 1 Y axis is between 10-60
No 2 Y axis is between 90-180

Thanks~!

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Eric

you can show two or more sets of stacked columns side by side (se
attached), but I don't think you can stack series plotted on differen
y axes.

One of her cleverer posters may be able to combine a side-by-sid
stacked column with a trick to spit the y axis, though

            Attachment filename: multiple stack2.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46076

Taking Nicky's point a bit further, what does it mean to have a stacked
column where the bottom item is on one axis and the other is on another
axis?  If the axis scales are different, how would you expect the
visual effect of stacking two items to look?

Take the C and D values for 1/2/04.  Using your definition of axis
scales, C should be about 40% of the height of the plot area (20/50).
D should be 2/3 of the height (60/90).  How would you reconcile the
discrepancy?

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <4ee301c3ffef$762022b0$a301280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a problem on creating a stack up chart :
>          __A__   __B__   __C__   __D__
> 01/02/04   12      100      32     150
> 02/02/04   32      120      56     170
>
> On the X axis is the Date. A and B is belong to 1 group,
> therfore i need them to stack up wherelse C and D form
> another one.These 2 stack up bar group are under x
> axis "01/02/04"
>
> This not only need to built a double column chart but also
> with 2 Y axis (A and C) (B and D)
>
> No 1 Y axis is between 10-60
> No 2 Y axis is between 90-180
>

> Thanks~!

The discrepancy made by the diferences of 2 stack up data
under the same date is fine with me.

but the problem comes  when i want A using 1st Y axis and
B refer to 2nd Y axis though  their are under same date
(stack up)

3/3/2004 3:41:12 AM
In article <5d7701c400d1$5f7cb630$a001280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> The discrepancy made by the diferences of 2 stack up data
> under the same date is fine with me.

I'm sure your problem makes sense to you, but I have no clue what it
means to have a stacked column with individual blocks scaled
differently.  To me it is logically and visually incomprehensible.
Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you out.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <5d7701c400d1$5f7cb630$a001280a@phx.gbl>,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> The discrepancy made by the diferences of 2 stack up data
> under the same date is fine with me.
>
> but the problem comes  when i want A using 1st Y axis and
> B refer to 2nd Y axis though  their are under same date
> (stack up)

To pose a question, what would the height of column B be? Would it b
100+12 =112 or would it just touch 100. Perhaps you just mean th
latter coz otherwise your secondary axis cannot end at 180.

Nevertheless, drawing on Nicky's solution, I have put together th
attached chart, which you can modify depending on the answer to th
previous question.

The principle is as follows:
1. Use two  dummy series A1 and C1 (containing formulae) which just ar
just as tall as A and C, but in the secondary axis. They act a
appropriate heights for series B and D.
2. Now plot A and C on the primary axis and A1,B,C1 and D on th
secondary axis.
3. Choose stacked column for all.
4. Now make series A1 and C1 transparent by setting their border an
patterns to none.

- Leni

                 Attachment filename: temp.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46277

Thanks for your advise but none the less the group 1 and 2
should be a stack up (side by side) and is same goes to 3
and 4.

With 1 and 3 refer to 1 axis , 2,4 refer to 2nd axis

1=30
2=200
3=10
4=500

The end result for 1 axis will be from 0-50, 2 axis from
100-1000
The 2 bar (1,3) (2,4) will not interfere with each other
because they are refer to different axis.

They can co-exist as i have done the bar and accumulative
line. the difference now is from the line to bar type

Thanks
0
ericall (1)

CRM Queue #2
Hi, Anybody can helpl to know... Is it possible to alert if any email comes to the CRM queue Thanks, SAB Create workflow triggered on create event of email where direction = incoming and email address = the queue email address :-) Roger "SyedAbdulbasith" wrote: > Hi, > Anybody can helpl to know... > Is it possible to alert if any email comes to the CRM queue > > Thanks, > SAB ...

comments in a cell #2
HYCH, Just a question? is there any way of using some vba that will add coments to a cell and have the comment box appear as it does if i add my own comments manually, would like the comment hidden until the cell is selected and then have it show up! obviously i know this happens when you manually process comments, but i would like the comment box to appear and display values that are in another worksheet within the same workbook. hope that makes sense. Steve Steve wrote: > > HYCH, > > Just a question? > > is there any way of using some vba that will add coments t...

How do I join 2 fields to limit criteria?
I am trying to set a criteria with an OR clause in between 2 fields. Let's call the 2 fields Field1 and Field2. I'm trying to do this example: Only show the records that have this criteria: Field1 = A, and Field2 = B,C,D,E,F,G These 2 fields contain the same type of data, and we need to limit the criteria together between the 2 fields?? Any ideas on how to do this when using excel to build a query in Microsoft query? Christen You could use an advanced filter. Assuming field1 and field2 refer to columns A and B, type this into an open cell (say M22) outside the data table: ...

VS2005... #2
Stupid question maybe - does VS2005 have full mfc capabilities? If I'm comfortable with VC++ 6.0 will there be any changes I have to make in the way I write code (unmanaged that is)? Also, is it possible to use C++ .dll's for web applications? Or anything written in VC++ for that matter? ...

Multiple Instance of Same code
I have a form that lists duplicate Batch Job Names (form is based on a table that has job name and job nbr as primary key). I want to give the user the ability to click on the batch job name and open a new form (Batch Job Steps) that will show the job steps for that batch job and if needed click on the duplicate job name and show the job steps. In other words: Batch Job A (12 Job Steps) & Batch Job A (16 Job Steps). Both of these records have job nbr that form part of the primary key but is hidden from the user.) I was trying to use the code below and filter the form on load...

Can not right click items in Outlook 2003 #2
Hello, Has anyone come across a problem in Outlook 2003 11.6359.6360 SP1 where you can not right click items and get the quick menu items? So for example, if I right click a mail message nothing comes up, versus the reply, mark as read, etc items. Thanks Much Lots of people are reporting it, but we don't have a fix yet. Are you using a script blocker? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I cannot insert rows or columns. It says something like can't shift data off of page. Any ideas? On 7/8/08 10:47 PM, in article 59b539bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com" <Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I > cannot...

how to create button commande to refresh data in query in excel 2.
I have a excel spreedsheet that contain external data. I would like to put a button in the excel sheet to update the sheet without doing right click and refresh. My user here are very dummies. Jean Francois If this is external data then bringing it in should launch the external data toolbar. They will only need to click the exclamation (!) mark. Seems like re-inventing the wheel. If you must then put a button on the worksheet and assign it to this macro Sub refreshdata() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qryTab As QueryTable Set wks = ActiveSheet For Each qryTab In wks.QueryTables qryTab.Refr...

Stacked Column Chart with
Hi, I have a stacked column chart with this data in primary category axis Actual, , , , , , Budget, , , , , Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec and 5 series. I add some ScatteredLineNoMarkes series on AxisGroup 2 to create vertical lines (thanks to Jon Peltier for the tip). This works up to 5 of these scattered line series. Adding another will flip the x axis labels (Jan, Feb, ...) from side-by-side alignment to one upon the other ("Jan" upon "Feb" upon "Mar", ....). Any idea of this? No matter at which position the scattered lines resid...

2 charts on 1 worksheet
I have 2 data sources that I want to make a chart for. This is for a company survey I need a chart for Performance and 1 for Importance. There are 12 questions that I need to make charts for. I really want to keep a Performance chart and an Importance chart for each question on the same worksheet. Any suggestions? I must be missing something... Select the performance data and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. Then, select the importance data and use the Chart Wizard to create a chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA ad...

Installation Problem for Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2
I installed the Outlook Sales for CRM 1.2, however I cannot see the details of accounts, orders and etc. When I debug, I found the problem is that there is only one file(dmUpdate.xml) in folder of "\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\res\Web\_xslfiles". All the files such as 1_Update.xsl and so on were not copied. When I copied them from CRM Server, everything works fine. Is it a bug in the Outlook sales installation package ? Thanks Drew ...

Postmaster address #2
Hi Everybody! Situation: Exch2k3SP1 on Win2k3Sp1 configured to allow delivery status notifications. Now, when an external recipient sends an email to an internal recipient requesting a Delivery receipt, the DSN is being sent by “postmaster@internaldomain.com” and it is not a good idea. I want to change it to “postmaster@externaldomain.com” Now I have already tried some things but I am still unsuccessful: I have set a masquerade domain (externaldomain.com) under SMTP virtual server, I have removed postmaster@internaldomain.com from the user account it was bounded to and I have added “po...

COUNTIF Question #2
I need help with the COUNTIF function. What I'm trying to do is count range of cells if they are equal to the value of a specific cell Example: COUNTIF (A1:A20,�=>B1�), but it does not look at what�s in B it only counts it if the cell value is B1. Does anyone know how t accomplish this, I would greatly appreciate any help -- patrick s ----------------------------------------------------------------------- patrick s.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1469 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26318 Hi siehe Ex...

Purchase Requisition #2
Good day! Please assist. For the purchase requsition module in MGP, I am unable to approve the request items. This has left the open request item always outstanding for the requester even though the item has been approved and processed at our end. Please refer to attached, as a final approver do we still need to also set up purchase Creator or generate Do to complete the task? what are the next steps to complete a purchase request? Yes, you need to have a Purchasing Manager role setup, and all the requisitions will go to them... They need to transfer the requisition into Great Plai...

Different formats within the same cell
Hello, i want to enter a word in a cell but only have one of the letter fomatted bold, eg - "wo*r*d" Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Yes. Enter your word into the cell, go to the formulae bar, highlight th letter you want to have in bold and then click on the bold icon. This will format just that letter to bold -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sure. Just edit the word>highlight the letter(s) and change the font,bold,color etc. will NOT work withing a formula. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Update Cell Value Based on different Cell
Hi, new to the forum but I've been reading it for a couple of days now. Looking forward to talking and learning with everyone. I think I a better than average with Excel but this problem is driving me nuts! have a list of lottery numbers listed by date drawn (see below fo example) on one worksheet. On another sheet I have a count of how man times a number has been drawn. I would like to add a column to show th last date a number was drawn and have it update automatically when I ad a new drawing. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to ge the date to update automaticall...

Public Folders In different routing/administrative groups
Hi guys! I know this is a real mess, but I have an exchange 2000 org, (not native yet we have some 5.5s out there) with 2 different administrative groups with 2 different routing groups. Each admin/routing group has a 2003 sp2 exchange server running in it right now. One of those 2003 exchange servers has all of our public folders on it, and I would like to replicate those public folders to our other 2003 exchange server in the other administrative/routing group. Is there a reason why I should not do this? Thanks guys! Mike Not at all and probably makes sense from a user perspect...

Templates #2
In my attempt to fix my generic blank template for a new EXCEL file, I have made it so that, whenever I click on an EXCEL file icon, in addition to opening up the file I want, it also first opens up EXCEL with the "Book 1" blank template. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it? Thanks Dean Look in your XLStart folder and see if you have any other workbooks there. I keep book.xlt (my workbook template) and sheet.xlt (my worksheet template) there. Dean wrote: > > In my attempt to fix my generic blank template for a new EXCEL file, I have > made...

Cannot view Calenders on differents Exchange site
We have a rather disperse Exchange ORG. The issue is: We have "ABCompany" as our organization. Email communications is good. We have a hub spoke configuration, Exchange Site "A" and "B" communicate via a X.400 connection through a hub site, lets call it SITE "C". But, user "A" can't view user "B"'s calendar, even though user "B" has given user "A" the rights to view/modify/etc. the calendar element in his mailbox. Both user "A" and "B" belong to different "EXCHANGE SITES&quo...

About to upgrade Exchange server and want to double check!
All, I'm in the process of planning an upgrade for my Exchange server. I've searched and read on how I should go about this task, and I've settled on buying another server, build another Exchange server in my domain, test it, and slowly move my mailbox from the old server to the new server. Any pitfalls i should be aware of? Do you think this is a good plan? I've read somwhere that installing another Exchange server in the same domain might cause some problems, cause it messes with the schema and what not. Any opinions, thoughts and ideas is greatly appreciated! Thanks!...

Chart Help
I have to chart the following I have multiple users with 4-5 different status and multiple dates, some sample data is below 03/02 - name 1 - open - 5 items 03/15 - name 1 - open - 10 items 03/02 - name 2 - open - 0 items 03/15 - name 2 - open - 10 items 03/15 - name 2 - closed - 5 items 03/02 - name 3 - open - 5 items 03/02 - name 3 - pending - 8 items 03/15 - name 3 - open - 14 items I need to show a trend by user by status & by date I'm not sure how the table needs to be set up or if the chart can be done for this. Could someone please provide assistance? Thanks In articl...

Import/Export #2
Is there a way to import/export MS Outlook appt's and other calendar items from one computer to another? E Yes, use the Import and Export Wizard for this located under File -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Ezee" <ezallen001@hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message news:SUyoc.89100$Dn1.3322@fe2.texas.rr.com... > Is there a way to import/export MS Outlook appt's and other calendar items > from one computer to another? > > E > > I hav...

Help a Student: Notebook PC market research questionnaire #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0A32_01C37FC7.D0357690 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0A33_01C37FC7.D0357690" ------=_NextPart_001_0A33_01C37FC7.D0357690 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am currently doing dissertation at Management School, the = university of Sheffield. My project is to investigate effectiveness of = International Marketing of global notebook brands, with a focus on Dell's notebook. I would greatly appreciate if you ...

Apply Payables Documents #2
Hello, For some odd reason, I cannot check on the box to apply the amount I want on the check. This message keeps poppin up: Only the remaining balance can be applied. But that's what I'm doing, it won't let me however. I would appreciate any help. Thank you, Caroline ...

Creating an "exception" report from comparing 2 excel files
We run a report from our system every day that shows all employees and a bunch of demographic data on the employe. The number of rows varies based on the number of employees in the database. Is there a way to compare Monday's file to Tuesday's file in excel and get a list of just the rows that changed from the prior day's file? We have used a suggestion from (Martin W) "Say you have two sheets in one file Sheet1 and Sheet2. Then place this formula in A1 of Sheet3 and drag across and then down as far as needed. =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",1)" ...