in Excel 2003, double clicking on a column in a chart and then dragging the
column up or down would change the data in a table upon which the chart
depended.

How does one do this in excel 2007?

Tom
0
inns (1)

Hi,

That feature has been removed in 2007, there is no way to do it.

If this helps, click the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Tom of inns" wrote:

> in Excel 2003, double clicking on a column in a chart and then dragging the
> column up or down would change the data in a table upon which the chart
> depended.
>
> How does one do this in excel 2007?
>
> Tom

Chart wizard funcitonality in Excel 2007?
I hope I'm missing something in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, the chart wizard gives you access to lots of options when you create a graph--graph type, data range, the various series (including the X axis labels), the chart title and axis titles, gridlines, legends, and others. It doesn't take long to create the graph with most of the options you want and then tweak it pretty quickly. In Excel 2007, it seems that every option is a separate button/menu/choice. Setting the chart title, the x-axis title, and the y-axis title are three different operations. Ditto for pretty much everyt...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

Hidden data when pasting from html page into Excel?
I have a situation where I copy a report, which is generated as an html page, into Excel for analysis. When a new copy/version of the report is available, I copy and paste the new data over top of the old in Excel. I've noticed that the size of my Excel file is growing after each copy/paste situation. To manage this, I can delete the worksheet where I paste the data and reconstruct it. After doing nothing else, saving the workbook results in an immediate reduction of file size. If I simply select everything on the sheet and delete, the file size does NOT go down; I have to delet...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

Match formula to match values in multiple columns
Hi all, does any friend know that how can I make below formula work MATCH(A2,$K$2:$M$30,0) I am not sure I have understood correectly. Please go through the below example With data as below if you need to retrive the name of the 1st Rank holder from London. D2 = 1 D3 = London In D4 apply the below formula =INDEX($B$2:$B$9,MATCH(1,($A$2:$A$9=D2)*($C$2:$C$9=D3),0)) Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar'...

creating a function for dividing two columns
I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of batting averages. I have at bats in column b, hits in column c with the results in column d. I cant get the function right so it will display the correct result. use this =SUM(C1/B1) in cell D1. Format D1 as a number with 3 decimal places. Steve Hubbard "cflan" <cflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212BF952-55B9-45DF-BC8C-E8B670FA6010@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of > batting averages. I have at bats in column b,...

How do I turn the pivot chart into a list with all cells filled?
I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields are filled Select the pivot table. Choose Edit>Copy Select the cell where you'd like to paste the copy Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Values, click OK There are instructions here for filling the blanks: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html gianna wrote: > I have the pivot chart and would like to copy and paste it so that all fields > are filled -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Best tool for adding a pivot chart like chart to a report?
Is it the PivotChart form or should I used the MSChart OCX? Which is easier to set up/configure to display the data properly? (A multi-column, multi-entity bar chart) Which is the most flexible? And where can I find tutorials on using both? Thanks Kyle Jedrusiak ...

Creating a time chart
Can someone tell me if this is possible. I want to be able to create a chart that represents a week. There will be seven bars and each bar will represent the day my business is open. I want to be able to enter starting times in one column, let's say column B and a quitting times in column C. These two columns represent Sunday. I want D and E to represent Monday. I'll do this for all seven days. Is there a way I can create a stacking bar chart (or any chart) that will place a bar representing that employee's shift in the chart. All bars will not start on the horizontal axis, b...

paired bar chart
Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? please define paired bar chart? "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? See Jon Peltier's site on Tornado Charts http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html "abj2" wrote: > Is it possible to create a paired bar chart in Excel? ...

Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Ser
Hi I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail then gets stuck in my outbox. I still receive all email and this only happends over one particular broadband connection??? If i use dial up it works and if i go to some other broadband connection it works... any ideas? _VERITAS_ wrote: > Hi > I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from > the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail > then gets stuck in my outbox. I s...

Saving data #2
Hi all, I need to save data (results) from a base spread sheet program that i use on a weekly basis. i am in the middle of building this program, and have just discovered macros, but this, along with links is about my current knowledge of excel how can i automate to accumulate data from the base spread sheet (program) when i clear all data from the program to produce fresh results the following week, and to keep past data up to date and available for further use. Any help would be appreciated. legepe With a combination of formulas and dynamic named ranges, it is possible to just add the ...

Automating transfer of data in cells
I have a time management spreadsheet with data stored against work type and date. I need to transfer this data into a similar but more comprehensive spreadsheet and wonder whether it is possible to automate this task by using the work types and dates in a macro (I have almost 10 months of data to transfer), along the lines of check date, check worktype, where argument is true enter data from cell. I think I need to use visual basic, but I can't find out how in the help screens. Any advice is much appreciated. This is not difficult providing you keep your data in simple tables...

Printing a worksheet in two (or more) columns
Hi, I've got an extremely long spreadsheet table comprising two columns of data. I'd like to print these data in a more compact form - in the same way that the entries are organised in a telephone directory. Say on average my page is 50 rows high - my first two columns on page 1 would appear on the left hand side and be rows 1 through 50, row 51 would continue at the top of the page, but on the right-hand side. Row 101 would appear at the top left hand side of page 2, etc. I'd like to keep the orientation of the columns in portrait (I did find a printer-associ...

how can i relate between two columns in two sheets?
Question no too clear - you can use this space to give a detailed question. But here goes: On Sheet1 I can type formulas such as =Sheet2!A1 =SUM(Sheet2!A:A10) If I type = and then click on the cell A1 of a worksheet called My Yearly Totals, I will get the formula ='My Yearly Totals'!A1 Note that a sheet name having spaces get surrounded by single quotes. Does this answer your question? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters REMEMBER: Microsoft is closing the newsgroups; We will all me...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

Get Access Data into Excel
Hi All, I am using excel macro to get data from access database. My sql query gives me 5 records or more than that. I am able to pull it different cells. But I want all the 5 results in single cell. Please help im not exactly sure what your trying to do, but maybe something like this will do the trick dim accval as string accval=rs!:XXX rs.movenext accval=accval & " " & rs!:xxx loop it till rs.eof=true hth dmoney "fi.or.jp.de" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using excel macro to get data from access database. >...

Cut'n'Pasting data
Greetings ! I have a CSV data file wot looks something like this - "1529.17698720957","133.597550559965" "1685.21901149326","132.817184396522" "1900.00000000000","130.300887834893" "2193.34485206410","121.730777157435" "2363.17295960769","114.937652855693" "2523.01169878763","108.544103288496" "3240.77088467590","87.805735336415" "3590.69860622591","81.680775462264" "4229.19543928027","78.487652800160" This data i...

How to access data buffers in a completion routine for a KMDF driv
I'm porting a WDM upper filter driver to KMDF version. I have two questions about data accessing in a completion routine. 1. In the completion routine of my WDM upper filter driver, it was able to retrieve data from Irp->AssociatedIrp.SystemBuffer( The IRP is using Method Neither I/O, and the data was set by function driver). How to do this for my KMDF driver? 2. In the completion routine of my WDM upper filter driver, it was able to retrieve data by calling MmGetSystemAddressForMdlSafe(Irp->MdlAddress, NormalPagePriority)( The IRP is using Method Neither I/O, and t...

Automatically moving data #4

Making sure data is saved on closing application
Hi, I have built myself the following application from 'Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 Days' chapter 'Day 14 - Retrieving Data from an ODBC Database' http://serghei.net/docs/programming/c++/ty%20visualC++6%2021%20days/ch14/ch14.htm The application lets you edit and add records to a database (as well as just retreive them). The application uses recordset flags in code to make sure that data is saved if you edit one record and move to another. However, there is no code to make sure new or edited data is saved when the application is exited. After having poked about, I have...

refer to data on multiple worksheets using hlookup/look up data on many worksheets?
Hi I have data on many worksheets in the same workbook. Is it possible to look up data on multiple worksheets using Hlookup, which means can the second argument in the formula refer to multiple sources? If it is not possible, is there any other way I can do so? I would like to select and display data according to a fixed order, whereby the data is located in one of many worksheets in the same workbook. For eg, I have stock returns of many firms in many worksheets. Say I would like to display in a single worksheet the returns of Firm D, Firm Z, Firm R; whereby the data of these 3 fir...

Can I add a baseline value to a chart?
I have a chart that shows results of tests taken on different dates to show improvement. I need to add a baseline to the chart showing the Desired Result. From an earlier reply: You can add the lines to the chart by using extra data series. Here is a collection of examples. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jeanine" <Jeanine@...