Displaying The Chart In A Full View ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007

Have created a chart, and it looks just fine.

But, in the chart view sometimes it seems to open up,
centered, but only using perhaps half of the available screen area.
Big, blue, non-chart area on each side.

Other times it fills the whole screen.

Both cases, it displays everything, just shrunk in the one view.

Is there some way to simply click on something to switch from
one "view" to the other ?

Thanks,
Bob
0
rgsrose1 (8)

Attaching Chart to Email?
I have an Excel spreadsheet, and derived from it 5 charts. How can I attach one of the charts to an email to send to someone? (I know how to attach the whole spreadsheet, and the associated charts, but I don't want to send the spreadsheet and the other 4 charts, because they contain data not appropriate to share with the email recipient.) Thanks. -- ---------- CWLee Former slayer of dragons; practice now limited to sacred cows. Believing we should hire for quality, not quotas, and promote for performance, not preferences. Hi CWLee Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/mai...

DYNAMICS--Full Recovery Model
Hello: For the main company database and the DYNAMICS database, we have them both on Full recovery because we are backing up transaction logs. Someone told me that DYNAMICS does not have to be at Full Recovery and that backing up transaction logs for this database is not necessary. I disagree. Who is right? childofthe1980s Just off the top of my head, make any changes to security, it changes the db, add a company, delete a company, make any user changes, tax tables, hr preferences, I am sure manufacturing has some stuff in there. Many 3rd parties have data that is used in there. Yo...

Copy Charts
I know this is simple, but I cannot remember how. I want to copy a chart into another worksheet, but do not want to keep the links, just the picture and data as it is. Select the chart, hold Shift while clicking on the Edit menu, choose Copy Picture, and use the On Screen and Picture options. Go to the place you want the chart image to appear, and use plain old Paste (Ctrl+V). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "archsmooth" <archsmooth@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Globally set fields view
Hi, I have a user who has someone unset his fields when he tries to view his folders. We have straightened out his inbox by going to current view and readding the fields that somehow got deleted, however, I can't find the way to do this globally for all his folders. He has about 30 of them, and I'd hate to have to re-add the deleted fields, one at a time for each folder. There has to be a way to make one folder's view the default setting for all the folders, but I can't find it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Sharyn If it's one of the default views that got me...

Changing opening view and send/receive
When i open Microsoft Outlook XP 2002 I get the Outlook Today screen. How do i change this so I get my inbox on opening. Secondly I have a broadband connection and would like new mail to arrive and be sent automatically as soon as it arrives or is sent (like work emails) instead of having to manually press the send/receive button. How do i do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Shabs schrieb am 14.01.2005 15:23: > When i open Microsoft Outlook XP 2002 I get the Outlook Today screen. > How do i change this so I get my inbox on opening. Extras | Options | More | Ad...

Text box displaying columns from a combo box
I'm using text boxes to display the column data from a combo box. Trouble is when I move to another record or close the form and ome back in, those results are not displayed anymore and I have to reslect the values in the combo boxes to fill in the text boxes. Is there a way to lock the results to the text box for each record? TIA -- Don, Sydney Australia Don, I take it that you have a combo bound to a field in your table. When the combo is dropped down, you see several columns, but when it's not dropped down you can see only one. Therefore you have added some other text boxe...

bar chart prints 1 unwanted horizontal row of dots & tick marks?
Office Excel 2007. Anyone encounter this? The sheet I'm printing is 19 columns wide by 69 rows high with portrait orientation. Bar chart is set between row 25 and 47 horizontally. The x-axis is increasing months. 2 vertical bars are set between the major gridlines. It so happens that the chart vertical gridlines are very close to lining up with the spreadsheet cells above/below the chart. Print preview shows nothing unusual, but when printed, 1 row right throught the middle of the chart has 1 to 2 dots and a character high tick mark appear to the right of each right most(second) bar...

Stacked Bar Chart Over 100%
Currently have a stacked bar chart showing to 100% (the plan) by 8 clients, how can I show that 3 of the 8 will be over 100% (greater than plan)? Brian, If this is a normalized chart (the one on the right in the chart types), it will always be 100%. You'll have to use the middle one. Are these percentages (as they appear in the worksheet)? If so, use the regular stacked chart (the middle one), and the axis should adjust to accomodate whatever your greatest percentage is. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Brian" <Bri...

Exchange tabs don't display
On my Windows XP workstations, the Exchange 2003 tabs don't display...they DO display on my Exchange server and on the DCs. It worked in my test lab! Having a hard time finding effective search terms in Google for this problem. Thanks for any help you can offer. you need to install the Exchange System Manager on your workstation... "Kripes" <kripes@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OEd8RIsaFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > On my Windows XP workstations, the Exchange 2003 tabs don't display...they > DO display on my Exchange server and on the DCs. It wor...

Save chart (that's on a chart sheet) to html file?
In Excel 2007, is it no longer possible to publish a chart that is on object in a worksheet to an html file? In Excel 2003, you had the option to choose a chart as the item to publish. That no longer seems to be available. ...

SetPowerState on display driver
Hello, I'm working on windows ce 5.0 and a Freescale iMX31 BSP. I want to turn off the display without using ExtEscape() (I have implemented this solution and it works fine) but using IOCTL_POWER_SET control code or SetPowerState function. To avoid using DeviceIoControl I suppose that the second solution is the better. My question is the following : the display driver isn't a stream driver, so what is the value of the first parameter for the function SetPowerState ? Thanks, Paolo Hi, There is no such funciton "SetPowerState" in windows CE. You can use Set...

Aligning tick marks and labels on line charts or scatter charts
I have the following data: X Y 1 0.2 2 0.8 3 0.5 4 0.7 I would like to plot it using a line chart or a scatter chart with X on the horizontal axis and Y on the vertical. I would like the X range of the graph to go from 0.5 to 4.5, so that the first and last point are NOT on the extreme edges of the graph. I would like the X axis to be labelled only at 1, 2, 3 and 4. I would like a tick mark aligned with each of these labels. Is this possible in Excel? Here is what I am finding... Using a Line chart: Option 1. The range is correct (0.5 to 4.5), and the labels are correct, but the tick marks ...

Charting data by date
Hi, I'm new to Excell 2002, and have made worksheets with data refreshed from the Web. However I can't get it to show up on a chart with dates on the X axis. Have the axis formatted OK, but how does it collect its data? Have tried a simple worksheet with manually entered data & the dates entered in column A, but still can't get a chart to work. ...June. Jon Peltier has a charting tutorial that may help you get started: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html When you manually enter data and dates, what problems do you have with the chart? June wrote: >...

VB Chart > Excel
I have a vb program that pulls data from a database and displays it onscreen. This includes a chart - is there a quick way of bascially copying this chart into an excel spreadsheet via code from my program? I have already got my listboxes and so on to fill in their info onto a new blank sheet, but the chart is also going to be handy. I assume one way is to copy all the data from the chart to a hidden sheet and use that maybe, but I am hoping I can do something simpler... Ta, James. James - Make a template that has some dummy data and the chart you like, already formatted. Create a new fil...

ow to create comparison chart using text as value data?
lplease help me. I am trying to set up a comparison chart of 3 computers cost and features! I cannot figure out how to use the features as values on the x or y axis says data range is to complex so cant select rows or columns. I am trying to enter the features as my source data too bungled dont know what to do term project is now overdue and I am stressing out!~ Dont want to fail. please help me!do i have to redo the whole chart or what any suggestions and demonstration would be deeply appreciated. thanks, Dee Johnson The first thing you need to do is think how the chart should look. Wh...

regarding allocation of chart series point colors
Greetings and thanks for your time I have labels A,B,C,D and data series of values a%, b%, c%, d%. This series is sorted into ascending order of values and feeds a bar chart (ie a Pareto chart). I would like to display this data also on a Pie chart, but would like to keep the same series point color for A,B etc. regardless of how the updated values change the rank order (say, C,B,A,D). Presently, if say, point A is dark blue at the start of the order and then after updating the % scores point A moves down to 3rd in the order, point A will take on another color. Any advice will be appreci...

Same display name in Contact Attribute
We recently upgraded from v 3 to 4. Now I am trying to import my contacts but an error is displayed: "There are two columns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the same display name. Change the display name for one of the columns in Microsoft Dynamics CRM before importing." I went to customizations to check which are the two attributes and they are: utconversiontimezonecode timezoneruleversionnumber Both dont have a display name and both are system attributes. What woudl be a workaround? ...

CRM 4.0 Display content of custom entity throws exception.
The following errorreport is shown on a display request for a custom entrity: http://perfectv-mcjywm:5555/GemeenteRommeldam/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10036 Microsoft CRM Error Report: Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Error Details: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Full Stack: [FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).] ...

How can you view OWA in foreign languages
We need to do some testing with OWA in foreign languages (e.g. German, French, Dutch etc.) We are not sure which machines need to be running the foreign language OS. Does Exchange Server and the machine OS need to be in the foreign language? Is it the machine where the user is logging in from? Thanks Hi, no, you don' need to install neither Exchange or the machine OS is this language! Exchange and OWA are already multilanguage whatever the version you installed. You only need to change the country in the control panel and do a refresh (F5) in your Internet Explorer. => The langu...

hOW DO I CREATE A TWIN BAR CHART?

automatically adjust charts
I am always charting 2 years of data. I have 2 spread sheets, one has multi charts and the other is all the data for the charts. I'm tracking about 6 different data points in a line chart. Each month the data sheet gets the previous months production data. I'd like to have it automatically adjust the charts. Drop the oldest month and add the newest month to the chart. That would save me the time of manually updating the charts. -- Baltimore Ravens Ravens Fan: You can make things a lot easier for yourself by creating a dynamic chart that plots the 24 months of data, or whateve...

Characters not displaying in Reports
Hi I have a problem where certain characters are not displaying when i print reports. An example of the characters would be: ĨħĪĩčċ‹ēĖĖĝĜ which when they are printed within the report come out as: ??????‹????? Is there any reason for it doing this? Is there any way to get the report to display these characters? The reason I would like the characters displayed is due to the Romanian language using some of those said characters. "Are you sick" becomes "eşti tu bolnav?" where the 'ş' is displayed as '?' Thank you very much in advance If this is just...

Best Line chart to use?
I'm trying to create a chart that shows the run time (in minutes) o data backups at work. They start at various times from 00:00 to 23:59, with varying lengths. 3-D looks the best on paper, where it seems best to have the 24 hou clock across the x-axis with the run time as the Z-axis. I then need t somehow have each server running 'into' the graph for the run time This allows me to have a few 'stacked' on top of each other in cas multiple servers all start to backup at say, 03:00. Only I can't get it to work..lol Can you suggest a more relevant chart type, or if not...

I want to show chart data in order of bars, not row names
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to show a chart that has about 20 values, and I have sorted the source data so that I have the highest value items at the top and the lowest value items at the bottom. For example, if rows were Apple, Banana, Guava, Orange, and Yucca, I have sorted the data in order of the greatest value items (20 Guavas, 10 Oranges, 5 yucca, 2 bananas, and 1 apple). Yet the chart (a bar chart) only seems to let me display in either ascending or descending value by food name (either Apple to Yucca or Yucca to Apple...

Chart Zoom and Scrolling
I writing an application that will allow a user to zoom in on a chart page. However, the zoom function defaults to upper left edge of chart. How can I cause the initial view to be based on the upper right edge of chart. During zoom-in the scroll bars appear but I don't know how to move them in VBA assuming that is the way I should tackle this problem ...