Displaying The Chart In A Full View ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007

Have created a chart, and it looks just fine.

But, in the chart view sometimes it seems to open up,
centered, but only using perhaps half of the available screen area.
Big, blue, non-chart area on each side.

Other times it fills the whole screen.

Both cases, it displays everything, just shrunk in the one view.

Is there some way to simply click on something to switch from
one "view" to the other ?

Thanks,
Bob
0
rgsrose1 (8)

How to change the Excel Title Bar to show the full file path na...
I have a user that would like to see the full path name of a file in Excel in the Title Bar. Is there any way to change it from just the file name to the full path name? This will put the path in the Excel title bar. Put this code into a class module, mine is named clsAppEvents '--------------------------------------------------------------Option Explicit Public WithEvents App As Application Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window) App.Caption = Wb.Path End Sub '--------------------------------------------------------------Add this code t...

Do not want print notification to display when I print
When I send a document to print a notification baloon comes up on the screen to say that this document was sent to the printer and it really annoys me. How do I get rid of it please? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:57:02 -0800, heather <heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send a document to print a notification baloon comes up on the screen >to say that this document was sent to the printer and it really annoys me. >How do I get rid of it please? This is a Windows issue, not a Word one. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308217, "How To Enable or ...

Dual Chart
Hi I am wanting to create a chart that has stacked bars as well as lines going accross it. Excel only seems to give me one type or another. is there any way I can combine the 2 together. Cheers Pete Make the chart with bars. Now right click on one of the data series (one of the bars) in the chart and from the popup menu select Chart Type and specify you want Line. Hey presto: a chart with bars and lines! Best wishes Bernard "Pete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a0a601c41d75$39f98710$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am wanting to cre...

Embedding excel charts in my C# windows form
I'd like to be able to have my C# windows form have access to excel's charting capabilities. I'd like to be able to define a data set, then feed it to eh excel charting engine, and open a new little graphics window to display the resultant chart. Does anyone have pointers on where to start? -- - Matt Kosorok ...

how to change font size of datalabels of two charts in a sheet
hey guys i have two charts in a sheet how to change the font size and AutoScaleFont of datalabels in them through VBA?? -- amrezzat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ amrezzat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28766 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540051 The required syntax is discoverable using the macro recorder. The final result would look something like this: For Each chtob In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects For Each srs In chtob.Chart.SeriesCollection If srs.HasData...

excel should make it easier to have a 1 to 1 plot area in chart
Sometimes I would like the plot area to have a 1 to 1 ratio, so each little square of the gridlines are a square. ie, the y- axis could be 10, the x- axis could be 10, so the plot area would be square, or the y- axis could go from -10 to 10, with the same x- axis, so the plot area would have twice the y- axis than the x- axis. I think the way microsoft has this place worded is misleading, cause it says "Post your suggestion." I don't mean to put anyone off. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most ...

User-defined charts
Hello, I'�m trying to build some user defined charts for several users to maintain consistent formatting etc. I know how to make the charts, saving them and most settings but there is one issue I haven't solved yet. The user defined charts will be used on lots of different datatypes. For exampel, one of the charts will have 2 dataseries but another will have 10. They should still have the same type of formatting in all series. Lets say they want a Line chart and the the lines should be of a spesific thickness (thicker than default). How can I make sure that all lines will have this t...

comments inside the chart
how i can add comments to the points which is inside the chart in excel Select a series (one single click) or a point (two single clicks), select the first item on the Format menu (or press CTRL+1), and on the data labels tab, select one of the options for a data label. If you want a custom label, choose any default, then select the data label and edit its text. To add a number of labels based on cells, try one of these free and easy to use Excel add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon P...

Printing a full booklet
I have been trying to print a booklet from Publisher 2007 since I upgraded my software in July. It is 52 pages and 4.25 inches by 5.5 inches. The booklet does not print out the middle pages with the correct printer settings. I am only able to print out my document in Publisher 2003. Even when printing the document in Adobe as a pdf the middle pages are not recognized. Can anyone help me? Antoinette Is your stock 4.25 x 5.5? When you say "correct printer settings", what do you mean? Are you using a duplex unit or are you manually turning over the sheets? When you go to t...

Disabling the View code option
How to disable the view code option for the worksheets . This is to prevent the user of the workbook from seeing the code. I know that a password can be kept , but disabling it seems to be a better option. Your comments/ suggestion are welcome... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If it is the formulae contained in the cells of your worksheet that you want hidden then you need to select the cells concerned and then using <Format><Cells> select the Protection tab and ensure that the Locked and Hidden boxes both have ticks in them. You then pasword lock the shee...

Rec Trans SmartList should display trans dist acct rather than cu
Receivables Transaction Smartlist should display the transaction distribution account rather than the account set up as the default in the customer master. This is so basic it should be considered a bug. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

View of x-axis values
In logarithmic x-axis, values of x-axis (e.g: 2 to 2500) are converted to 10, 100, 1000. But I want to see the original values -not log of that values and to adjust maximum and minimum of x-axis per that values -not log of that values. Thanks. In addition: These values are not log of my values. Graph is true but values at x-axis are wrong! "AhmtDY" wrote: > In logarithmic x-axis, values of x-axis (e.g: 2 to 2500) are converted to 10, > 100, 1000. > But I want to see the original values -not log of that values and to adjust > maximum and minimum of x-axis per that ...

Outlook 97 view html
Virtually all the e-mail messages I'm receiving come over as html attachments, and I have to click on them to open. This was not the case in Outlook Express. How do I "view html" or whatever else I need to do to simply view the message? You cannot in Outlook 97 as it predated HTML. "Debi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ce301c45d15$20492f20$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Virtually all the e-mail messages I'm receiving come over > as html attachments, and I have to click on them to open. > This was not the case in Outlook Expre...

Outlook 2000's map display problem
Back in September I installed the latest (at that time) upgrade to Office 2000. It broke Outlook 2000's ability to display a map of a contact's location. Here is the fix they gave to me and it is working now: Use regedit and navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\General and add the following string mapscripturl then modify the string and put in the following value: http://www.expediamaps.com/default.asp?street=<0s>&city=<1s>&state=<2s>&zip=<3s> Exit Regedit. Henry Winokur To u...

PS2007 : Hyperlink in a Project Center view
Hi, I am trying to incorporate a hyperlink into a project center view. Basically I have a project enterprise text field that I am using to store a hyperlink to another web site of the form http://www.blah.com. The hyperlink renders perfectly in the project center view, but when I click on it, I get an ActiveXViewPart.htc Unspecified Error. I figure the problem is due to the hyperlink being within the ActiveX control for the project center. Any ideas how I can get this to work? Or if it's even possible? Thanks, Alex. Hi Alex, the ActiveX component is a ...

Combination of chart types
I want to create a stock chart (with 3 series) and then add another serie in form of line. Is this possible and how? -- Gordana Jankovska Head of Controlling & Budgeting TITAN Group - Cementarnica "USJE" AD Skopje Prvomajska bb, 1000 Skopje tel: +389 2 2786 138 fax: +389 2 2782 535 e-mail: gordanaj@usje.com.mk Jon Peltier has instructions for this on his web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html Gordana Jankovska wrote: > I want to create a stock chart (with 3 series) and then add another serie in > form of line. Is this possible a...

Scatter Chart with non-numeric values on X axis #2
Hi Andy, Thx for your reply. A line chart won't look good, and I really don want to use bars. Is it possibly to make the x axis non-numeric? Th -- penas ----------------------------------------------------------------------- penasm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27323 Hi, Did you format the line series to remove the actual joining line. Double click the data series and set the border to None. That way it will look just like a scatter chart. penasm wrote: > Hi ...

Display name in sending email from CRM 4.0
We are using CRM 3.0 before. When email is sent from CRM 3.0 client, the From: email address is resolved to "CRM User's display name". We have just upgraded to CRM 4.0. CRM 4.0 uses the format xxx@yyyy.com as From in sending email. Is there a way to display the "display name" as "From" instead of actual email address? Thanks. JoF "JoF" wrote: > We are using CRM 3.0 before. When email is sent from CRM 3.0 client, the > From: email address is resolved to "CRM User's display name". We have just > upgraded to CRM 4.0. CR...

Problem displaying modal dialog box from a dynamically linked regular dll
hi All, i try to call an exported dll function which should create a modal dialog box from an *.exe file. the dll is a regular dynamically linked mfc based dll. my exported function looks like this void CreateDlg() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); CDlg dlg(AfxGetMainWnd()); dlg.DoModal(); } the problem is, that i can see the dialog but it is stuck and the main Dialog window doesn't reponse either. so i have to kill the application. does the code lack of some function overloading ? or message processing ? thanks for any response. I just build a sample and I am not ab...

Road map with Chart Conditional Formating
Hi! I've tried to work through the several charts formatting techniques bu still haven�t found the answer to what seems to be a simple concept. I work at a motorway concessionaire. Our traffic comparisons are mad in relation to a reference traffic scenario, being divided in su stretches with different length. 1 THE SIMPLE WAY (NOT FOR ME, BUT FOR ANYONE I HOPE The length should be in the x axis of this chart. Only one bar would b necessary, being that a sum of the several bars (stacked bar chart? with it�s length proportional to the sub stretches length. Each bar should have a differe...

Need a chart with vertical bar and line
Hello, I need a chart that has both a vertical bar graph and a line connecting points. I've been unable to figure out how to do this from the chart options, as there are options for vertical bar graphs, and options for line graphs, but never both at the same time. Would appreciate any suggestions, Thanks Keith Hi Keith, Create a bar chart based on all your data. Then select one of the bars that you want to plot as a line. Right click and choose chart type. Select a line chart. Keith wrote: > Hello, > I need a chart that has both a vertical bar graph and a > line conne...

Help displaying captured image and storing image links
I'm using EzVidCap activex which saves a webcam stream as a still image (.dib) using this code: Private Sub Command1_Click() ezVidCap1.SaveDIB "C:\Pic.dib" Image1.Picture = "C:\Pic.dib" End Sub What I would like to do is change/separate this into two command buttons: 1) cmdDisplayImage: Displays/transfers a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control in an image or OLE box (not sure which one is best) - preferably without having to save it to a file first. 2) cmdSaveImage: Saves the displayed image in a filename like: GuestID_FirstName_LastName_DateofPhoto.dib (or j...

USA Today Sector Watch Chart
Does anyone know how USA Today uses to create their three-dimensional sector watch charts This chart show different financial market sectors and plots the quarterly, monthly and weekly change Thank Terry ...

Outlook 2007: Paste
Hello, I know this question has been asked a few times, but I still do not feel I've read a clear explaination. When I see external or internal names in the To line, somtimes they are like Smith, Tom <Tom.Smith@email.com>; Smith, Becky <Becky.Smith@email.com> And if I select them, right click copy, and go into the message body and click paste, it only pastes the display name. I'm not trying to recreate a distribution list. I'm not trying to recover lost contacts. I work with a lot of vendors and act as a bridge between the business and IT, and often I hav...