Display Values under Date labels on the X-Axis...

Is there a way to put a value (IE, Scrap Count) on the X-axis
under the Date labels of a Chart???

TIA - Bob

0
BobBarnes (48)

Hi,

The simplest way you be to add the values in the cells that already
contain the axis labels. If you do not want to alter those cells then
use some helper cells to create a new set of axis labels.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Counting number of dates in a column earlier than today
Hi, Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this problem. I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column, that equal to the current date or the date has passed. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated Hi, Try =COUNTIF(G:G,"<="&TODAY()) Will return the number of dates in column G that are =< today "dnmnas" wrote: > Hi, > Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this problem. > > I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column, that > equal to the current date or th...

Stored Procedure with array of values
I have the query below in a stored procedure in MS SQL 2005 server. My problem is that I would like to be able to pass in multiple questionID values. So I would like to replace A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber with a method where I can pass in a list of question numbers. For example instead of passing in 286 I would like to pass in 286, 289, 412, and 513. The number of values passed in would vary from 1 to 15 or 20. I imagine the line A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber would be edited to something along the lines of A.QuestionID IN ( @QuestionNumber ) SELECT Coun...

Not enough system resources to display completely
I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot find in help topics. Thanks Check out the below..(Might help) http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqapp.html#xlb -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "bgkgmg" wrote: > I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot > find in help topics. > > Thanks I checked out site and is very helpful but why does it not happen when I adjust the zoom percentage? "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Check out the below..(Might help) > http://www.contextures.com/xlf...

Multiple If True Values?
Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and if a certain combination of values exists, change the format of another cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You. Start by experimenting with Format|Conditional Formatting Then come back if more help is needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DC594F-6045-4A81-B8B9-19F295A2AAA5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and &g...

Append Query
I have a table "Rates" with the following data: StartDate: 5/15/08 End Date: 6/23/08 Rate: $53 StartDate: 6/24/08 End Date: 7/15/08 Rate: $86 StartDate: 7/16/08 EndDate: 9/19/08 Rate: $99 I have another table "Transactions". I want to create an append query such that if I supply the StartDate and EndDate, the query will populate the "Transactons" table with date and rate data from the "Rates" table for each and every day within the date range. Example: If I supply the StartDate of 6/23/08 and the EndDate of 6/25/08, the query would pop...

How do I get the document to align with my labels?
I keep trying to print these labels, and they end up wasting because the alignment is off. I am using the right number labels along with the application, but for some reason it's not working. My printer is a F335 All-In-One. Please advise. Thank You. Extremely difficult without seeing them. But 99% of the time it is because normal.dot has been modified by adding a Header or Footer or similar and labels are based on normal.dot. So try starting Word in Safe Mode and create a sheet of labels to see if that works. If it does, rename normal.dot as normal.bad and start Word agai...

Changing start date
Scenario: In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave the end date alone. If I change the start date, OL automatically changes the end date to preserve the two-week duration. Is there a way to change the start date without affecting the end date? Richard Evans <infodex@mindspring.com> wrote: > In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and > ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave > the end date alone. If I change the s...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Active X Control in Outlook
I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he gets the following error. Your current security settings prohibit running Active X Control on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer. I tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but no go. Where is the setting to disable this restriction. The user has some images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error. Thanks. Sounds like a default signature to me. Tried recreating the (HTM...

how to define scroll bar's page size value?
Hi all, I have a confusion about calculating scroll bar's page size. In my application, I am drawing an image according to scroll bar position. m_iGeneratedImgWidth - Width size of the image (this value is always bigger) rect.right - Width of the drawing area. how to define scroll bar's page size value? SCROLLINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO); info.fMask = SIF_RANGE|SIF_PAGE|SIF_POS; info.nPos = 0; info.nMin = 0; info.nMax = m_iGeneratedImgWidth - rect.right; info.nPage = ? In my OnHScrollBar() function, for SB_PAGELEFT / SB_PAG...

Cluttered labels on refresh
I have a pie chart that gets its info from a pivot table. My problem is every time I refresh the pivot table all of the labels for the pie slices get s cluttered up and you can't read them. So I then have to manually go and separate each label. Is there a way for it automatically spread them out. Thanks, Chance Chance - Microsoft admits that pivot charts have a problem losing their formatting when you refresh the pivot tables. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (215904) http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 They recommend that you record a macro while fi...

time & date settings
The time and dateeetings keep reverting to 2007, and incorrect time. I reset it, and it stays that way until I shutdown. On reboot the time and date revert to the incorrect values. Any suggestions as to why this happens? Is there a way to keep the clock and/or date correct? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Your computer's CMOS battery has run out of power and needs to be replaced. It means taking the computer apart, locating the battery (usually a CR2032 lithium battery) and replace.. -- Thomas Wendell Helsinki, Finland Translations to/from FI not always accu...

Insatantiate Generic Collection with Initial Values?
You know how you can instantiate an array of, say, strings and specify intial values at the same time with something like: string[] myStrings = new string[3] { "value1", "value2", "value3" }; Can the same type of thing be done for a List<string> object? I've done a lot of web searching but I can't find any sample code that illustrates this. Joe Cool wrote: > You know how you can instantiate an array of, say, strings and specify > intial values at the same time with something like: > > string[] myStrings = new string[3] {...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

what affect does the budget effective date have
when you save a budget money asks for the efective dates from - to. Do these have any purpose? it does not appear to chagne the way that money displays the budget and even if you go past hte budget time it will continue using the old budget amounts. If you try to have it re-calculate the past information it does not. it seems as though these are not ment for anything. ...

y-axis problems
Hello, When I create a bar chart (in powerpoint or excel) on my PC, the last letter on the X axis label gets cut off when I rotate the label to run sideways. It works fine on my laptop, but if I open the file on my PC and click on the chart area, the last letter disappears. This is a very common experience. Some uses add "hard-spaces" which is ANSI 0160 - hold ALT down and type 0160 on numeric pad Other add some nonsense text (three periods) and format it with a color and background to make invisible. Best wishes - Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

AutoFill Changing Wrong Value
I'm trying to create an analysis sheet that gathers data from 100 worksheets within the same workbook. I want the same cell reference in each sheet, but to change the sheet number in each cell. The worksheets are named 1 - 100 Here is the formula: ='1'!B3:E3 It changes the cell references only, not the worksheets. I've changed the formula to keep the cell references: ='1'!$B$3:$E$3 I now need the formula to increment the sheet number each time, PLEASE!!! Thanks, Lisa Presumably you want to sum data from that range? Try this: =3DSUM(INDIR...

How set totals of various cells with per colour fill value?
I have a sheet containing values as follows. April May June company 1 43 company 2 5 company 3 17 The cell values are also coured to indice a status. Somewhere beside the table I want to mention the totals of the cells, per status (so per colour). How to perform the latter? Thank you. Bart Excell 2003 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Date Stamp
I've used this Macro and need to tweak it: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Range("a10"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Application.EnableEvents = False With Me.Range("b10") .NumberFormat = "dd mmm yyyy" .Value = Now End With Application.EnableEvents = True End If End With End Sub This macro stamps B10 if something is entered in A10 but I also want this t...

mail Merge
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have made labels previously with no problem but now I am having difficulty. Originally I used a Mac database and converted it to Word. Now I can't remember how I did that so I went to the trouble of typing the list of names I needed into an Excel workbook. When I try to create the labels, the <br> sheet says &quot;next record&quot; in all the cells except the first one, which remains blank. <br> When I try to enter the merge fields, it just shows the first name on my list. What am I doi...

SQL Query to transform/group data by Date
Hi, I have a large Access table with data organised as follows: Field1: Code Field2: Date Field3: Value1 Field4: Value2 There are seveal different codes and therefore duplicate dates. I'd like to run a query to bring back each code grouped by date and so put the codes along the top as feilds. For example the query below brings back the following data for two codes. SELECT field2, field1, field3 FROM Data WHERE field1 In ('LLOY','RSA'); 21/01/05, LLOY, 12454 22/01/05, LLOY, 31541 21/01/05, RSA, 21241 22/01/05, RSA, 12414 Instead I want the data to look like this: ...

date in a text cell
I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have a regular date format in a text cell. Thanks If you format the cell as Text, then you'll have to type in what you want--exactly the way you want to see it. If you don't format it as text, you could type the date in anyway that's a date, then use a custom format of: dd-mmm-yyyy (format|cells|number tab|custom category) Dajana wrote: > > I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have > a regular date format in a text cell. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterso...

Yearly tick marks on the x axis
How do you show tick marks each 12 months in a graph when the data is from month 1 to say month 60. If you say want a tick mark each 12 th division you have 1,13,25,37 etc. You can't start from zero so how do you do this I'm using Excel 2002 Thanks Ken G Ken, I tried this using a Line chart (as opposed to an XY, or Scatter, chart) and it worked fine. I defined the x-axis as a range containing the numbers 1 to 60, and the y-axis the adjacent cells in the next column. Double clicking on the x-axis to open the Format Axis dialog, I selected the Scale tab. The first box (Y-axis cros...

how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combobox.
hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i don't want to select already exist data in list box of combobox. please help me. raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com wrote: > hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value > of edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to > input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i > don't want to select already exist da...