Display Name of each Data Series

I have an X-Y chart with, say, 3 data series, named 2008, 2009 and 2010.  I
want to get rid of the legend (by deleting it) and instead have the above
names displayed on the relevant curve.  Is there a way in Excel XP (aided by
VBA) to display the name of each data series on the series itself?

If one tries: Format data series -> Data Labels -> Series Name, the Series
Name is displayed 10 times if there are 10 data points!  I want it displayed
only once, somewhere in the middle of the curve representing that data series.

Hi,

Either, select a single point in the series and then apply data label.
Or add additional series with 1 point only. You can then position the
point/data-label where you want without messing with the actual data points.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

0
Andy

Items options table name???
I am trying to find the name of the table that holds the "item option" settings. It is located under configuration-->options tab. This is where you check or uncheck configuration settings of the pos software and the folders are called Customer options, General options, Item option, POS options, and so on. Thanks Dave Dave - look in dbo.configuration; there's a couple of entries for "options", but I don't know off the top of my head the specific options tracked. I have not seen a separate table that tracks "options". Hope this helps... "D...

Auto-update Fill Series in column that has randomly spaced blank c
Hi, I have a worksheet of projects listed by quarter. A cell (say A6) contains QTR 1, followed by cells in column A filled with a series (1,2,3...say up to 12). Then comes a blank row followed by a row containing words "QTR 2" and then the fill series continues from where it left under QTR 1 i.e. 13,14,15...say up to 18. And so on for QTR 3 and QTR 4. When a new project is added, I want to be able to add a row and with minimal steps, want the fill series below this added new project, to update. When I delete a row (project), I want the fill series to automatically ...

delete data between subtotals
I would like to delete all data between my subtotals without the subtotals changing. I tried to collapse the whole sheet and to copy the then visible data (with paste values only). this did not work. is there any other way to get rid of data between subtotals? appreciate your help. please see attachement. Attachment filename: illustration_1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=446537 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi see Peo's response in your original thread -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...

Searching emails for a specific domain name
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Entourage doesn't seem to allow me to seek an email with a specific domain name. The choice &quot;from&quot; only seems to include a person's name, not their domain site. Why doesn't the &quot;from&quot; feature extend to the domain itself? Thanks for the help! <lindafine@ameritech.net> wrote: > Entourage doesn't seem to allow me to seek an email with a specific > domain name. The choice &quot;from&quot; only seems to include a > ...

After an email is sent, the sent items folder is displayed. why?
After an email is sent, sometimes the sent folder pops up and displays all the items in the folder. Like you clicked on the folder to view it. I can not find an option to stop this. Any ideas? ...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

how to insert chart for imported data in a report?
plz reply soon if you know Please use the large white space under the subject to enter a detailed question. It also helps to read some past threads that might pertain to your question (whatever it is). -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "varsha from pilibhit" wrote: > plz reply soon if you know ...

jumping data
hi i have a form which shows customer details, and this has a subform where you can enter the date and notes about the customer. the subform is in a datasheet view. so everytime you want to add some notes about the customer, you enter the date and write the notes. there are many customers on the database, and we make quite a few notes for each customer. Now when i go into the customer and put in a note, then come out and go back into it, the data has moved up a few columns and goes into the wrong place, rather than stay in the same place where it was entered. also when...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

Moving Data Automaticaly
Can you help I have a table (part shown below) the Date and Day moves automaticaly to left at midnight - is it possible to get the rest of the data to move as well 25-Nov 26-Nov 27-Nov 28-Nov Sun Mon Tue Wed 07:00 07:00 TBA on off on off on off on off 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 -- JohnM Please explain meaning of "date and day MOVES to left" Are you using conditionally formatting to highlight the cell with the current date? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bli...

Test linked form for data
Hi Groupies How can I test to see if a linked form, that might not be visible, has data? My main form has a yes/no box that enables a button when it is set to yes. The button opens a linked form. When the user moves to the next record, I would like the main forms BeforeUpdate event to make sure that the yes/no box is not set at No while there is data in the linked form for that record. I have tried something like: If Me.Form.frmVehicles.RecordsetClone.RecordCount > 0 And Me.CompanyVehicle = False Then Cancel = True MsgBox "Please check vehicles", vbOKOnly Me.f...

Data label above columns??
Hi, I have some stacked column charts and I want the data labels to appear just above each column. Is that possible? I'm using excel 2003 version and the only options i can see for the label positions are "inside end", "center" and "inside base" - so at the moment I'm moving each data label manually and this is very time concuming! Thanks in advance for any advice you offer :) K I'm afraid it's not an option due to the confusion it would cause. If the label is above the stack it refers to, it could be sitting on top of another stack, th...

Copying decimal data to another column to integer 'on the fly'
Hi, I am working on Asset registers/Depreciation Schedules and at the star of the year I need to convert over my previous years spreadsheets (fo about 40 schools) to the new financial year. This means moving the accumulate depreciation at the end of the previous year to being the 'openin depreciation' for the new year. I therefore want to copy a column of figures to another column an paste to that column as values only BUT as INTEGERS. I am running Excel 2003 - 'Paste Only' can solve the 'values' part bu does not have conversion to an integer 'on the fly'. ...

Displayed addresses
How do I use a distribution list, but only have the recipient's address displayed on his email, i.e, send to multiple adressees, but hide the list from the recipient. You are describing a mail merge to electronic mail, not a message to multiple recipients. You can only use a DL for the latter. Outlook uses Word for performing mail merge functions such as Form Letters, mailing labels, envelopes, and fax or email merges. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Guinn" <guinnclark@p...

How to Concatenate a variable name in a vba loop ?
Const Value1 as long = 5 Const Value2 as long = 12 Const Value3 as long = 7 For i = 1 to 3 MsgBox Value & i '<-- How to do this properly? Next i I want MsgBox to display 5 then 12 then 7 I can't figgure out how to get Value and i to combine properly to do this. thanks for any help. PS - This is a repost as I didn't ask the question correctly last time. But you are happy with the last answer you got? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u%d2e.8729$vd.6624@tornad...

Importing Calender data from MS Project
Hi, Has anyone has any experience exporting their calender data from MS Project into the MS Outlook calender, can this be done ?? Thanks Pete ...

OWA NOT DISPLAYING CORRECTLY
Hello. I'm having issues with Outlook Web Access. It won't display properly. Exchange is working fine, but the icons in OWA weren't showing up. I changed some permissions to try and fix it and now it just looks all funky. Does anyone know a way to repair permisisons on owa, or know of anything else I should do? Thanks. You just seeing a bunch of X's where the icons should be? To fix this, I'd recommend simply running through a reinstall of Exchange. It will reinstall the binaries and re-register all the OWA stuff properly. It should take all of about 10 minutes...

Moving a line of data when information is entered in a specific cell.
HELP NEEDED. I am trying to create a spreadsheet to keep track of problems that we encounter at our volunteer organization. It is pretty simple. I am having one problem. One of my fields is "completion information." What I need is when completion information is entered into the field, I want that line of information to move to an "archived sheet". In effect, so that I have a sheet with only active problems and when the completion information is entered it moves to the archived sheet. Anyone have any suggestions? -- opshmo -----------------------------------------------...

Data Protection
Where are in the process of implementing CRM and have a number of concerns relating to Data Protection. Is there any data protection experts out there who could advice on any question we might have ? Thanks ...

How Do I specify where XML data gets imported into Excel
I have XML data that I would like to import up as fllows in a spreasheet: Cell A2: Job Number Cell A3: Customer Number A4 through A29 should recive the <AMOUNT> data B4 through B29 should receive the <QUANTITY> data etc etc Sometimes all the fields will be filled, sometimes not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Diane Hi Diane! You should see therre: microsoft.public.xml Starwing ...

mass definitions of cell names
Ok, I have a problem. I have to name a large number of cells in different sheets. I'm hoping that there is a way in a macro, or some other way to define these in an easier way other than one by one. Here is an example: 1 2 3 4 1001 --------- --------- --------- --------- 1002 --------- --------- --------- --------- 1209 --------- --------- --------- --------- 1210 --------- --------- --------- --------- This would be the column and row headers for the cells. Below is how the...

display value axis on both sides
I'm trying to display the y axis on both the left and right side of the chart; is this possible, and if so, how to i go about it? thanks. This requires having a primary and secondary axis. The minimum requirement here is to have two series. The best way to manage this is to add a range to the worksheet using, say, the first two X values for X, and the minimum and maximum values in all of your Y data for Y. Add this range to your chart as a new series. If your main chart is a column chart, change this series only to a line chart type (Chart menu > Chart Type); otherwise use the s...

How to overwrite data in file?
I am using a text file to log progress of a long-running macro. I want to continuously overwrite the first line with variable-length data. The following paradigm demonstrates my problem: Open myPath For Output Access Write As #fd Print #fd, "1234567890123456789012345678901234567890" Seek #fd, 1 Print #fd, "abcde" Close #fd I want the file to contain only "abcde". But the actual result is: abcde 890123456789012345678901234567890 Apparently, "abcde" CRLF overwrote the data, but that did not cause the end-of-file to be rewritten. ...

Image in Signature Does not display
When you use a default signature that includes a .jpeg format, the message recipient sees a placeholder image instaed of the signature. If you manually insert the image in the email message, the image is displayed properly. This only happens on one of our computers. Any suggestions ? Hmmmmm.... could it be that the image is on a server on the first PC and on the local HD on the other? Or, the option "Send pictures with messages" is turned off on the first and on on the 2nd PC. Try looking for that in Tools - Options - Send/Compose - HTML Settings. Ooh BTW: don't send p...