display chart based on control box

Hi

I want to give users an option of selecting a zone / parameter thru a
control box. Based on the value they select, the chart should get displayed.

How can i do this?

Nikhil
0
Nikhil (17)

Hi,

This would probably be done through code, but before that you should see if
you can use the AutoFilter to do the job.  The user can pick an item from the
autofilter and Excel charts only the selected item.  You can do something
similar by plotting your chart from a pivot table.

However, if those two ideas don't meet your needs you would need to supple a
lot more detail before anyone here is going to be able to give you some code.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Nikhil" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to give users an option of selecting a zone / parameter thru a
> control box. Based on the value they select, the chart should get displayed.
>
> How can i do this?
>
> Nikhil

Excel basic chart data layout
I=92ve just been upgraded to Office 2007 and trying to get data were I want in a basic chart is surprisingly difficult. I have a table with three columns; Potential Hazards, Severity and Probability I want a column chart with Probability in the X axis, Severity in the Y axis and the corresponding Potential Hazards in the legend. I could use some basic direction as to how to accomplish this. Thanks Robert Hi, Can we assume the problem you are having is the chart contains 3 series rather than 2. With the first series being the information you require as the horizontal axis...

Password dialog box
Is there a way to stop the username and password box from popping up when outlook can't reach the server? It's incredibly annoying that outlook assumes the password's wrong just because the server isn't responding. Thanks No, it will pop up every time until the server is available. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives and finding no answer, Gary Rudick <grudick@lumsys.com> asked: | Is there a way to stop the username and password box from | popping up when outlook can't rea...

Combo box #7
Hello All I am using excel 2000. I am creating a simple data-input sheet, where the user will be entering name, addresses, etc etc. - with each field in its own column. I would like a column for "Job Title" where the user must choose from a pre-determined value - e.g. Receptionist, Secretary, Manager, etc etc. I have tried creating a combobox from the Control Toolbox, but can't seem to work out how to get the data value options (Receptionist, Secretary, Manager, etc ) in, and also how to get the combobox to fill the cell (so that it looks like it IS the cell). Also, am ...

control type
Hello All Please Tell Me How Can I Get The Type Of The Control In VB6 In Access We Use The Code For Each Ctlr In Me.Controls msgbox Ctrl.ControlType next But I CAnt Get This Property In Vb6 Thank You ALL Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question. If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to each group). In this way, all responses to your post will be available togethe...

PROBLEM:How to squeeze 2 Page sized Chart in Excel 2000 & embed in Word 2000 and print from Word to fit one page ???
Hello , I am a university student and I have drawn a graph of some curves and it is about 2 pages wide . The university wants me to embed it in Word and send the Word document to them electronically . My problem is how can I embed it so that when the university prints out my project it fits to one page only so that it can be read easily? Can anyone help ? Thanks . Peter On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:13:50 +1000, someone@somewhere.com wrote: >Hello , > >I am a university student and I have drawn a graph of some curves and >it is about 2 pages wide . The university wants me to e...

How do I get all 5 graph charts to show data (not be greyed out)?
Excel 2003: All of a sudden, only one the active graph shows up w/ data. All 5 other graphs are greyed out. If I select another chart, then the previous active chart goes grey. I've tried all kinds of settings changes. None of my other Excel spreadsheets w/ charts do this! Help! Hi, You have the View objects as Placeholder enabled. In xl2003 use menu Tools > Options > View > Objects >Show All Cheers Andy On 21/02/2010 21:29, marc el999 wrote: > Excel 2003: All of a sudden, only one the active graph shows up w/ data. > All 5 other graphs are gr...

How do I add Cumulative values to Stacked Bar chart?
I have a stacked bar chart in which i want to show the value label of each section and show the cumlative value. So if there is section A,B,C and A= 1, B= 2, C = 3 I want each section to have those labels but i also want labels that say 1, 3, 6 for the cumulative values. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Hi, Use a helper column to build the required text for each data label. So if you data values are in B2:B4 then put the following in C2 and copy down. ="Value = " & B2 & CHAR(10) &"CumValue=" & SUM($B$2:B2) Then use either of these free addin t...

Check Box and Button Macros
I have a quick question that I haven�t seen answered here before (although it most certainly has been at some point). But I would appreciate any help! I need the ability to select certain check boxes each representing a certain category and then upon pushing a separate button (Perhaps titled �GENERATE DATA�) the stats for the selected categories appear in new sheets as a graph. I have desperately tried using Macros to do this but can�t figure it out. Here is an image of something my boss gave me depicting how he wants it to work... http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x55/SweetTea023/BizH...

can conditional formatting varry the area it highlights based on c
I have a template type spreadsheet and i would like to add conditional formatting to it, but i don't know if conditional formatting can do this or not. I want conditional formatting to highlight rows based upon a value in a cell. Example: in cell A1 there is a formula that generates a value of 3 ... i want conditional formatting to then highlight 3 rows ... if the formula generated a 15 it would then highlight 15 rows. Any suggestions? thanks! -- Eric Yes, use a formula like this over all potential rows. =ROW()-ROW($A$10)<=$A$10 --- HTH Bob Phillips ...

Display Pictures In Preview Pane
I am trying to have jpegs and various other pictures display automatically in the message preview pane. They are just appearing as attachments. I was able to do this with Outlook Express but am unable to do it in Outlook 2003. Outlook does not do that. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Thomas" <tmpearson@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:06c401c3b1ca$3103d230$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to have jpegs and various other pictures > display automatically in the message preview pane. They > are just appearing as attachments. I was able to do this > with ...

How to display ruler and its indentation (tab) marks in Outlook?
I'm in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I'm not using Word as my email editor as it is not installed. Is there a way to show a ruler in Outlook (without having Word)? I would like to move some tab/indentation marks (not sure what those graphics are called)? "rlpmjp" <rlpmjp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7B6F332-9182-4196-A552-248BCB0D08FD@microsoft.com... > I'm in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. I'm not using Word as my email editor > as it is not installed. Is there a way to show a ruler in Outlook (without > having Word)? ...

visable sheet using combo box selection
Hello, I need to have a workbook that would show a tab/sheet named "Main Menu". I would also have 5 other tabs/sheets named after employees names and these sheets I need to be visible = false. What I wanted to do was to have a combo box on my "Main Menu" tab/sheet that would have all the names of the tabs/sheets that are curently visable = fale and when I select an tab/sheet from the combo box I would like it to make that tab/sheet visible = true and when I close the sheet it changes it back to visible = false. How can I do this? Thanks! I want to have a main tab...

chart gaps
is there a formula i can use to have a chart not have a line until a new point is determined? i have a column of with the formula =IF(B6>B5,B6,NA()". my problem is, when it skips a value (that is, when the value is not plotted because of the "NA()"), i want it to not show a line until they next value is shown. i just want gaps where the NA's are. any way to do this? thanks much, stephen ...

Flow chart for finding Word '07 Help?
I have used Word forever. Years ago a simple search for key words would usually give the info I would need. Now finding quick, easy answers seems to be a complicated maze. Usually I choose ONLINE help and type in a KEYWORD for my search. Unfortunately the list of help topics that is usually displayed contains so many offbeat (unrelated) topics that the search is not helpful. I need ways to narrow my search or tricks to use in identifying what to enter in the search field. If the most USEFUL items were displayed FIRST in the search results it would be good, but there seems t...

Can draw horizontal AND vertical lines in a combined chart ?
I have a chart with 2 Y axes. One plots 3 lines and the other two. I managed to place several horizontal lines using the method Jon Peltier describes in his great site. Now I need to do something pretty classic: have vertical lines in each year end of the time series in the X axis. It simply seems to be impossible. I suspect it has something to do with the technique used to draw the horizontal lines. Any way to make this happen ? Thanks and regards, Jorge Fonyat PS: I tried to add the vertical lines using the instructions in Jon Peltier's site too. PS2: I think I deleted the secondary X ax...

windowless ActiveX control are not supported, What Can i do?
i write a Activex Control use MFC (VC6.0/VS2005). This Control is right, when it run with VB6.0. on the other hand,it can run with Activex control test container. But, when i use this control in vs2005(vb),Design time is ok, Run time has error report: "An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Unable to get the window handle for the 'AxAutoVXCtrl' control. Windowless ActiveX controls are not supported." Does anyone know a fix for this? In my Control, i Load Single Doc/View structure. Document template: class CAutoVXDo...

Two tables, one chart
Maybe an interesting challenge: I have two different tables, one that goes over 3 columns and 6 rows, the other is over 7 columns and 3 rows. What I would like to do is having one chart to present the tables and switch using a form spinner button. I know how to do it if the tables are the same number of columns and rows, but not when they are different sizes. Any one? Thanks in advance. Ove Malde ...

Why the hidden column can't be shown on charts?
It is strange that when the data is quoted from a hidden column, the data can'be showed on charts. is it one default excel charts properties? I'm not farmilia with excel chart. does anyone can help me let this data shown on charts? Thanks and regards, Viesta Hi, It is an option. in xl2003 select the chart and then use the menus Tools > Options > Chart uncheck Plot visible cells only Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "ViestaWu" <viesta.wu@konecranes.com> wrote in message news:B9B878F3-2CD0-402E-97CE-4D2C8C391719@mi...

Query with parameters set to a List Box displaying multiple values
I'm trying to set up a query with parameters set to a list box holding multiple values... I have set a query with its parameters displaying single values from a combo box before... does anyone know how I can set my parameters to a list box displaying multiple values and have the query work? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com The query cannot use the multi-select list box values directly. It is possible to write a function that accepts a field (from the query) and the list box (on the form), loops through the ItemsSelected in the list box, and returns a True/F...

enter Version "1.1" displays date format (01Jan)
Hi, I�m using Excel2000 and have one sheet for version control. Starting with: Version 1.0 1.1 etc... Thats how it should look like... But after my "1.0" it permanently persists to show "1jan" instead of 1.1 When checking the format it says "custom"; changing it back to "General" it displays 37987; that�s "fair enough";-) Trying to use the chance to modify it to 1.1 will result in "1Jan" again... Any help? I�m working in Germany... Thanks, Bernhard Try formatting the cell as Number "barnybe" <barnybe@gmx.de> wrote ...

Combo Box to make visible
Having trouble making cbOwnerName visible and not visible My Combo box Row source below only 1 field it it "cmbShow2ndcompany" SELECT [tblCompanyInfo].[Show2ndCompany] FROM tblCompanyInfo; And my code on the form If Me.cmbShow2ndcompany.Column(0) = -1 Then cbOwnerNameCI.Visible = True Else cbOwnerNameCI.Visible = False End If -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 Hello Bob, Why don't you just use a ckeckbox named Show2n...

Scrollable CWnd as Control Container?
I have a CWnd-derived class, called CFrame, which acts as a container control for various Windows controls which are created at run time. I want to add scrollbars to this frame, to support enlarging the control-owning surface without enlarging the window real estate occupied by the frame control. Does it make sense to create a new window and use that as the control container, scrolling different parts of this into view when the CFrame scrollbars are moved? Is there a reasonable way to do this with out all the child controls needing to be redrawn on scrolling? Note: I am not using the doc/view...

Group of Data in report.chart
I have a series of data, eq: sales, region, selling(USD). How can I display a chart(report) of total selling of my sales per region (series)? (1 chart) On the same report I also want to have Sales and Selling data - group by region. thanks ...

Online XML Organizational Chart Service is available
Check the service http://www.aasoftech.com/Services/xmlorgchartservice.asp The service is "the fastest and easiest way to create simple or complex organizational chart (orgchart) without having to buy, download and maintain software." ...

OPEN DIALOG BOX ERROR
In Outlook 2007 - it will not allow me to create a new mail message. An error message comes up that states "A dialog box is open. Please close it and try again." However, there are no open dialog boxes. Also, once I open outlook, it not allow me to shut down - as if I must close the dialog box before exiting. E-mail is receiving fine and "Test Account" does not show any issues. TORLAV <TORLAV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2007 - it will not allow me to create a new mail message. > An error message comes up that states "A dialog ...