Disappearing Charts #2

When I create a chart and then I send it to someone the chart disappears.
Would this be something I am doing or a server problem?
0
T (153)

Design checker question #2
I often get an "error" in design checker that says "Object is not visible." When I right-click and choose "Go to this item", nothing apparent happens. When I choose "Fix: bring object to front", nothing happens, and the error message does not go away. What am I missing here? Craig Select all, give everything a line. Does the phantom object show up? If it does, make a note where it is and do an "undo." At least you will know the area where to try to delete the object. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Craig Schiller" &l...

An advanced filtering issue #2
Hi all, Any way to use the advanced filter in order to get the needed result as in A14:F15 ? in order to show all the values of each month for the date 30-09-2005 . (please check attached sheet) Any other suggestion ? Thank you very much . +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: question abt advanced filtering.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3874 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- gaftalik ----------------------------------------------------------...

Reason Code Report #2
I sell a perishable product, therefore I need to be able to track product that has perished. In the help menu, under reason codes, it states, the information is stored for use in tracking and reporting. That is why I chose this method to record dead plants. Now I need to know the cost and profit lost of these dead plants, as well, I don't want to purchase them again. So how do I get the information???? I read about a guy tracking dead fish by making the item inactive, although he was having trouble, should I change how I track this info for the future? I would greatly appreciate h...

running macros #2
Hi, I have created a macro that imports data, sorts it, and delimits it. The macro in itself works just fine, however trying to run it a second time on a different file causes it to blow up. Prior to importing the data, I clear out the old contents so it doesn't prompt me to overwrite, the re-run of the macro WILL prompt me, and rather than overwrite, it appears to insert instead, and therby causes it to trash the existing data. I'd sure appreciate any help here. Thx. Without seeing your code, it's nearly impossible to tell. In article <58725910-CF96-4589-8CF0-76ADF515E2...

Function help needed urgently!!! #2
Hi anyone who can help... I have two sets of figures 1 is sales and 1 is target. Eg: Sales Target Incentive 5 5 In the Incentive column I want a formula that will calculate the Incentive payment for employees who exceed there target. The easy part is the if statement for example 10% of their sales if they exceed target: =if(sales>target,Sales*10%,0) The complicated part comes in to play when only when they hit multiples of 10 are they entitled to an incentive: If the Sales are 5 and the Target is 5 - no incentive. If the Sales are 10 and the Target is 5 - no incenti...

Charging 1 or 2 Taxes on items automatically
I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 taxes on the total. Thank-You B.W. It is easy: set the values in columns B and C as percents. Then D would have something like: =(1+B1+C1)*A1 With this set-up you can remove a column B or C tax just by setting the value to zero. -- Gary's Student "B.W." wrote: > I have 4 columns, A1-item, B1-tax, C1-tax, D1- Total. Some items are taxable > on both, others only on 1, is there a way to automatically charge 1 or 2 &...

CRM v1.2 Report Manager Problem
Hi all, I am having a problem with Report Manager after having reinstalled the MS CRM on the CRM Server. When I logged in using Report Manager, it stated that the "CRM folder does not exist!" I can run all other CRM services fine but with this error I cannot publish all of my reports and hence keep getting the Crystal Report Logon Error. I am stuck to this problem for so long and still have no solution to it... I tried to delete and rebuild the APS database, uninstalled CRM then go into the registry to delete all crystal related values, everything I can digged out from the internet...

XP Style button using MFC 4.2
Hi, I am using Visual C++ 6, MFC 4.2. Windows XP SP2. My problem is, how could I get the XP Style buttons on the dialog. If i dynamically create the button using CreateWindow() the button still looks same. I've tried 'Button Controls' article on MSDN but no luck. Could anyone help me? Thanks, Fahad Themes are handled by the system, and not on a button-basis. The way to give your application running on XP the themed look is to include a manifest resource. The resource can either be a resource compiled into your EXE or it can be a separate file in the same directory as your ...

Data to Chart Question/How-to
Below is my data layout as it is right now. What I want my chart to look like is described as... The Vertical Left Area is the Document ID Column The Horizontal Bottom Row is the Reviewer (Revwr #?) The Secondary Vertical Right is the Days Overdue Numbers So far I've tried to use a Scatter, Line, Bar, and also Combining them too but nothing seems to yield the results I am looking for. I hope that the data outline below shows up well enough but if not then let me know and I'll try again. Document ID Revwr #1 Revwr #2 Revwr #3 Revwr #4 Days Overdue Document #001 X X ...

Non3rd Party: Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
I posted this a few days ago, and had some great response, however, I am looking for a non 3rd party solution to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN C...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

Scatter chart displays as line chart
I'm trying to connect point on a (background graphic) circle with lines (using Excel 2000). I have generated the X-cordinates for all ends of lines in one column and, in each of the following columns, I have the Y-cordinates for one line, two values next to each other; in the same rows as their X-coordinates. All other cells are empty. This works in smaller scale but when I have 250 lines, the X-values are replaced with rising numbers, i.e. I get a line graphic. Is there any way to make the scatter graphic work in large scale figures? Thanks Hi, Have you used the xy-scatter type ...

Outlook backups #2
I am trying to find out some information about outlook backups. I was under the impression that with Outlook 2003 you no longer have to close down outlook to do the backup. But I was just told by a friend that that is not true the .pst files are locked and you still can't back up no matter what software you use unless outlook is closed. Does anyone know of software that will backup outlook even if it is opened or possibly will close outlook before it backs it up? Thanks Philip There are 3rd party utilities that do this. But Microsoft produced a little addon to for personal folder ...

Proportional bar width in charts?
I am trying to create a bar chart where the width of the bar is the "X" value and the height of each bar is the "y" value. I am trying to create a chart similar to the Vattenfall CO2 abatement chart, which I have discoveed cannot be pasted into this posting <sorry about that> Thanks for any advice On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Peter M <Peter@M.?.microsoft.com.invalid> said: >I am trying to create a bar chart where the width of the bar is the "X" value >and the height of each bar is the "y" value. ...

Deposit on Back Order #2
Hi , how can a take a deposit from a customer on MS Point of Sales Thanks. Ben, You can't, MSPOS doesn't support backorders, layaways, work orders, or quotes like RMS does. Here's a chart of the major differences between products; http://tinyurl.com/ngh4g -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on ...

Creating the occurrence frequency chart in Excel
I had a need to put a series of numbers into buckets of size 5. I created the following formula, and "dragged it down" =A1 + IF(MOD(A1,5), 5-MOD(A1,5), 0) I am sure that there is a better way of doing this. Can someone suggest it? Also, I wanted to come up with an occurrence frequency chart for my data. For example if I have numbers 4, 9, 13, 13, 17, 19, 19, 19, then I would like the occurrence frequency chart to plot the following informatiuon in a 2D chart: 0-4: 1 5-9: 2 10-14:2 15-30: 3 Thanks, Song Hi: This will work out the buckets for you. Paste it into the first cel...

Check links #2
Hello, I get this error message when I do a check links in Bank Managment Amount does not match with CB_Distribution FYI we just Upgraded from GP9 to GP10 sp3 Thanks ...

Visual Basic Error Message #2
After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way), I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as well as new files I create are readily...

Chart- View Labels- Shared Database...
I am working out of a database used by two other individuals. When I attempt to print a report, my chart does not display the labels. If I open the chart in design view, I am unable to view the labels, but if I go further and actually open the chart all information is displayed. The other individuals working in the database are able to readily review the reports and print the data without any problem. We are all using the Access version, and I have already installed the Office Service Pack 3 fix. Nothing seems to working. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. ...

OWA Question #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 with IIS 6. Is there a less graphical version or option for people that have a dial up connection? Yes. You can use the basic version per the following: 821909 Use Exchange Server 2003 Outlook Web Access Basic with Browsers Earlier http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821909 And this should help you with setting it up: 830827 How to manage Outlook Web Access features in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830827 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting i...

Outlook 2003 not closing #2
When I'm done reading and sending mail I close Outlook (It's version 2003, running under Windows XP) using the 'Close' button. After going through a day of opening, checking and answering mail and then closing when done, I've noticed that Task Manager shows multiple copies of OUTLOOK.EXE running. None of them seem to be taking CPU resources, but they do have memory assigned. During the day, I don't notice any error messages. Everything seems to be working fine. There are no clues to indicate that something hasn't closed until I try to re-boot the PC. Th...

Count function #2
I have in Several Columns a list of Customer Names and for each column I would like to do a Count of how many in each column but when I do =Count(B2:B33) it returns a 0 and should return 4 Does a Count not work on text? Thanks! Hi, =Counta(B2:B33) if this helps please click yes, thanks "H" wrote: > I have in Several Columns a list of Customer Names and for each column I > would like to do a Count of how many in each column but when I do > > =Count(B2:B33) > > it returns a 0 and should return 4 > > Does a Count not work on text? > > Tha...

excel charts look drastically different on different computers
When we open excel charts on different computers in our office the formatting looks drastically different (for example, data labels and arrows on charts are in different locations). This is a huge problem because it means that the formatting has to be fixed each time someone opens an excel chart. This was never a problem until recently when some of our staff got new computers and for a short time they were using Office 2007 (everyone else in the office was using Office 2003). We've switched everyone back to Office 2003, but the problem with excel charts persists. When u ad...

Font size changes in Excel 2003 charts when re-opened
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. Lucie ...

Linking a cell to a chart title
How do I link a chart title to a cell reference in another worksheet? I have over 200 graphs in one spreadsheet and need a quick way to update the titles when mgmt changes for each sales team. ...