different colors for x-Value axis

I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it
possible?
Example
I-1, I-2 black
II-1, II-2, II-3 grey
III-1, III-2 red
IV pink
V-1, V-2, V-3 green
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from
source cell.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Khoshravan" wrote:

> I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it
> possible?
> Example
> I-1, I-2 black
> II-1, II-2, II-3 grey
> III-1, III-2 red
> IV pink
> V-1, V-2, V-3 green
> --
> Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
> Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
0
khoshravan (78)

Disclaimers and different domains?
Hi, We were going to add disclaimers to our e-mails (boooo - i hate them!) via McAfee Groupshield for exchange 2003 and this seemed a good solution as we only want it on outgoing and there would be no cost involved. However because of the nature of the work we do instead of all of our users sending out from user.name@company.com we often send out from user.name@companyother.com (for support on an application) and more and more. Therefore we would not want - This e-mail has come from company.com if it is not actually from us if that makes sense. How would we go about this with missing...

How do I change the default color of the tag for insert c... #2
This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default color? Thanks in advance. You can't change the color. You could use the Drawing Tools to draw a tiny little triangle over it (or them) and then give it a fill color. See http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html for more on comments. tj "ntwrkengnr@hotmail.com" wrote: > This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while > doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default c...

OL 97: Control-C, X, and V don't work in XP!
Only a genius will figure this one out ... Installed Outlook 97 in Windows XP, everything works fine -- but for some reason, the Copy/Cut/Paste shortcuts (ctrl-C, ctrl-X, ctrl-V) don't work in Calendar mode. When I use ctrl-X, the little scissor icon flashes, so SOMETHING's being sent to the clipboard, but ctrl-V does not paste anything. When I press Ctrl-C and try to copy an appointment to another day, a duplicate copy of the appointment appears on the same day of the first appointment! Please help! ...

colored
Is there a way to apply colors to mailboxes? Is there a way to apply colors to incoming messages via a rule? Not colored flags but colored message in the Message Tree pane. Outlook 2003 No, its not possible in current versions. Last I knew, they were looking into it for the next version (it is a frequent request) but I don't know if they got it working. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a...

How to open different excel books in different windows?
I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel sheets in different windows by opening single Excel application Just open them! If you want to see more than one at the same time, reduce the size of each window, so that you can fit them either side-by-side, or one in the upper half, and one in the lower half. I.e., move your mouse to one of the borders, click and drag to the middle of the screen "Yoga" wrote: > I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel > sheets in different windows by opening single Excel appl...

#VALUE! error: vlookup works in Excel 2000 but not 2003
Hi, My client has a spreadsheet which works fine in Excel 2000 but when opened with Excel 2003 it populates the pages with #VALUE! and the best I can tell is that the problem is with the following formulas. Can anyone advise if they have seen this before. I am unable to post their file but this is the code that I think is a bit suspect. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE))=TRUE,"",VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE...

Changing individual characters in a cell to a different character
I am trying to write a bit of code that will look at a cell and covert what's in the cell to some sort of code. e.g. Hello Goodbye Yes No The above words are in different cells, and need converting to a different code, for example H is 1, e is 2, l is 3 and 0 is 4, so Hello would be 12334 The entries to the cells will be different, so I can't just do a select case and have Hello as one of them. Is there any way of doing a select case type statement, but for it to look at individual characters in a cell and cycle through until it's finished and then move onto the next c...

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Default value for a field in the create form
Hi all, It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? Thanks, Hugo You can default a picklist value with out of the box customization but that's it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? > >Thanks, >Hugo > > >. > ...

Open Excel in different windows
When our company went to Office XP we saw a major difference in the way Excel acts. This difference has cost a lot of lost data, and tons of frustration. We find that you can be working on an excel file, and then you might open another excel file to look at or even for copying purposes. The problem is that when you close the 2nd excel file, excel automatically closes ALL excel files. Yes, it does ask you if you want to save changes to the 1st excel file, but after all the years of Microsoft prompting us to save any file that we have open, even when nothing has changed, people tend t...

fixing pie chart colors depending upon value ?
This is really about using an excel chart inside an access report but nobody in microsoft.access.reports seems to know the answer. Using a grouped field in a database I end up with two values per record showing the number of 'goods' and the number of 'bads' The pie chart plots these two numbers. I want the 'good' slice always to be green and the 'bad' slice always to be red. Setting the format worked OK until I had 7 goods and zero bads, then the whole chart was red instead of green. Any idea how I can fix this? Howard The technique described in thi...

How do I change x-axis in an Excel Radar Chart?
I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this to 1 line every 10 degrees. Is this possible? Ideally I would like a polar plot graph where I can enter any angle and magnitude. Does such a thing exist? Hi, For polar plot you can use the xy scatter. I have an addin that may help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy Dr. J.White wrote: > I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar > assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this...

Finding values in different rows/columns
This should be simple, but I'm lost. To greatly simplify my sheets: 1 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 45 2 11 12 13 14 15 21 22 23 24 25 31 32 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 45 I want to do a VLOOKUP(1,A1:A10,1,false) and return the value in D4, or VLOOKUP(2,A1:A10,1,false) and return the value in C9. In other words, find my A cell reference and return the value in a different row/column from that. Another question: When I move a cell (cell1) to another cell (cell2) a cell (cell3) that references cell1 moves its reference from cell1 to c...

how do i get different post cadts to print on one sheet?
I want to be able to print on sheet of all differnt post cards? littlebit86_ <littlebit86_@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to be able to print on sheet of all differnt post cards? Use the Mail Merge feature if it's just different addresses you need. If you need entirely different designs, you'll need to manually set up your labels on a larger page. Set the page size in File > Page Setup to the size of your sheet of labels, and then set the layout guides to the positions of the individual labels. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Pu...

Select values from list
Hi all, I got a very stupid problem, but like any stupid problem is bothering me... Some time ago I created a Worbook, and in a few columns of a worksheet I created a kind of combobox, integrated in the sheet, to help the user to select values from a list positioned elewhere in the sheet. To put it simple, when the user selects a cell, appears a down arrow on the right side, and clicking it it's shown a list to choose from. The values of the list are in a cell range on the right side of the sheet. Well, now I need to add new columns, but I can't find out how to re-create these co...

How to create and set values for newly created attributes in active directory
Hi, I need to add a new string attribute in the properties of users in the active directory. I have changed the schema and added the attribute. Then, it gets listed in the attributes list. But, I could not set this attribute value for users. Please help me in setting this new attribute value for each and every user of users in AD. Thanks, - mv. -- m v ramana ------------------------------------------------------------------------ m v ramana's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/181470.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/129...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

Pivot Tables
When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index ar left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can thes index values be automatically duplicated? Thanks ANdrew Middleto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andrew, Send me your email address and I'll PM you a small add-in I put together to do this.. Cheers, Dave >-----Original Message----- >When a pivot table has 2 indices, the values of the first index are >left blank on the 2nd and subsequent lines of the 2nd index. Can these >index values be automatically duplicated?...

Add pecent and value on the same graph
I would like to add the percent and the value and display it within a pie chart. Thanks for your help. You can calculate the percentages on the worksheet, and use a formula to create the labels. For example, with the following data in in A1:B3 -- Jan 25 Feb 25 Mar 50 Enter the following formula in cell C1, and copy down to C3: =B1/SUM($B$1:$B$3) To calculate the text for the pie chart labels, enter the following formula in cell D1, and copy down to D3: =B1 & " " & TEXT(C1,"0%") When you create the pie chart, in step 2 of the Chart Wizard, click ...

showing repeating values in the rows of a pivot table
The default setting in pivot tables results in showing the repeating value of a row header in the first row only. Is it possible to allow the repeating value to populate all the cells to which it applies? Not while it's still a pivottable. I'll usually convert to values (or make a copy of that pivottable and convert that copy to values). Then I'll use techniques like those at Debra Dalgleish's site to fill those empty cells: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html kdschreck wrote: > > The default setting in pivot tables results in showing the repeating valu...

How do I change one point in a scatter chart color
I want to change teh colour of one point in a scatter chart, for example Person Score Age time A 25 20 1 B 20 14 1.5 C 22 22 0.75 D 23 23 1.25 I want to plot score against age, but highlight the point where the time is less than 1. Any help would be appreciated Hi, The easiest way is to add another series to plot just the points that need a different colour. Assuming your data example is in the range A1:D5 then add this formula to E2 and drag down to E5. =IF(D2<1,C2,NA())...

Macro to find value in worksheet
I've been asked if I could come up with a macro or vba that I could enter a list of names in the code and run the macro to find any matches of the names in the open worksheet. I'm a newbie at this and I'm lost. Is there anyone who could help me with this code? It seems like such a simple task but I know better. I'd have to enter about 100 names individually and do a find every day to see if certain names were in this sheet. The sheet changes every day, the names don't. I'd rather have the names hard coded in the macro and just run it and have it pop up a message say...

Writing Active-X programs...
Hi, We require a Win32 app that allows a web visitor to login and "chat" to our support department. Like MSN messenger, but with a web client for the customers, and anoymanous. I've been tasked with writing the project... <gulp> I thought active-X in a web page, and a custom MFC app for the customer services staff., Any ideas of how to do this welcome? my slogan is 'never re-invent the wheel'. internet chat is one of the oldest of technologies, with literally dozens of applications available free or cheap. I would take a look at irc and some of the...

Two lines with a different x-series (please help)
I would greatly appriciate any help I could get on this I am trying two plot two different lines on the same chart line 1 Line 2 X axis Y axis X axis Y axi 0 1.32 0 1.3 8.83 21.22 12.5 23.5 I have no problem with the chart accepting the new Y values (as a different series) but as you probably know you can only have 1 catagory x label so my chart does not show the second line extending out to 12.5 it only extends to 8.83 on a different slope and stops. How do I get it to accept the addittional x value and still have to seperate lines? Thank yo Select the data for the second line Choo...

Build a date value
I have a stored proc that gets sent a month and year and I would like to turn it into a date using the day as 1. When I try it I get an error 'Explicit conversion from data type int to date is not allowed.' Below is my stored proc. Any help or alternative is appreciated. ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[mc_selPTODetailsForm] @Month smallint, @Year smallint, @AvailableOnly smallint AS BEGIN -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; DECLARE @dtYearAgo date; SET @dtYearAgo = @Month + '/1...