Delete Columns

HI, I am new to this site and have tried to find my specific problem and
have not been able too.

I have an excel spreadsheet, that was previously created by others (no
longer working here) We have been able to use the data and get the
graphs out just fine. But when you go to delete a graph the format,
fonts whatever are changing and cannot be fixed at all. NO matter what
data you put in. I am trying to delete 3 columns and keep the other 13
in tact. but to no avail, I can get them deleted but I cannot keep the
same column. mine are thin and colored. The ones I delete makes mine
crowded together and colors change along with the columns enlarged. I
have tried the fonts that does not work, the data in intact.

Anyway any ideas or do you even understand what I am saying? Do you
need a copy of my file to see what is wrong? Please respond and tell me
I am crazy.

---

Are you deleting columns from within the chart's data range? Is the X
axis initially plotted by date, and you're deleting the dates?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

Curtill < wrote:

> HI, I am new to this site and have tried to find my specific problem and
> have not been able too.
>
> I have an excel spreadsheet, that was previously created by others (no
> longer working here) We have been able to use the data and get the
> graphs out just fine. But when you go to delete a graph the format,
> fonts whatever are changing and cannot be fixed at all. NO matter what
> data you put in. I am trying to delete 3 columns and keep the other 13
> in tact. but to no avail, I can get them deleted but I cannot keep the
> same column. mine are thin and colored. The ones I delete makes mine
> crowded together and colors change along with the columns enlarged. I
> have tried the fonts that does not work, the data in intact.
>
> Anyway any ideas or do you even understand what I am saying? Do you
> need a copy of my file to see what is wrong? Please respond and tell me
> I am crazy.
>

> ---

jonNO1 (306)

Column Headings #11
Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet w/out affecting the upper column sizes... Coolumn width belongs to the entire column and cannot be altered in separate sections of that column. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:51:01 -0800, spencer4hire <spencer4hire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you add seperate column headings (A, B, C, ...) into one spreadsheet? >I'm attempting to alter the column sizes half-way through the spreadsheet >w/ou...

Text to columns

Column Reference to External Source As a Variable
Can anyone help me convert the column referenced in the formula below into a variable that the user can define? More specifically, I have several columns that I need to read from an external workbook (Short_Billy.xls). Each column to the right of column C represents an additional day out in a 14 day projection from today (whose data is held in column C). In cell I5 of my active workbook (Inventory.xls), I would like the user to be able to enter a value representing the number of days out they would like to see the projection for (0=today=Column C, 1=Tomorrow=Column D, etc.). In cell I6, I...

Deleting "mail to:" email address links
I have a relativly straight forward spreadsheet where I am maintaining a large address list. It contains a homeowner's lot number, name, address, telephone #, and e- mail address. When attempting to select random cells for data entry/modification, I receive and automated message " mailto: (a random e-mail address) - click once to follow. Click and hold to select this cell." I have no idea where/how this message/feature/function is being attached to these cells but would like to eliminate it. Since seeing these messages, the size of the worksheet has been increasing in ...

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Excel 2003 Copy/Paste filtered column
I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filtered column. It is not copying over the original filtered column but rather over cells that have been filtered out. The worksheet/cells are not protected. What could the problem be? Kind Regards Heather That's the way pasting works. It'll hit the visible and hidden cells. Heather wrote: > > I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, > changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filter...

how to automatically suppress space before after column break?
Having Spacing Before and After on some of the styles, I seem to be unable to have the space before at the beginning of a column automatically dismissed when applying a column break. I have tried a couple of options under compatibility, but to no avail. This in on Word 2003. The No HTML function + No Space Before after column break do not solve the problem. Can you help please? Tools | Options | Compatibility: Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break. If this isn't working, then check to make sure you don't have an empty paragraph before the first text pa...

matching columns of numbers

Categories deleted converting from Quicken
Hi folks, I just converted from Q2003 Premier to the Money 2005 Trial 2 days ago. I noticed today that a number of categories have been removed from the transactions in my checking account and credit card accounts. What I've noticed so far: 1. All sub-accounts for Utilities were gone. This wasn't too bad because I could use find replace since the payee name has been the same on these for all years I have in Quicken/Money. 2. All sub-accounts under Insurance were gone. 3. The category Groceries came over, but there were no transactions in it. Quicken had several hundred...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

forms and column lengths
Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the row above?? Hi there's n o bulit-in feature for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Blair" <Blair@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C1D2CAAD-C4E9-492A-ADF4-CBDB659514A3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have excel do an auto "carriage return" to the next row > when you have reached the specified maximum number of characters in the > row > above?? ...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

Securities with closed positions are being deleted
I am using Money 2006 Deluxe--having upgraded from the 2003 Money Business version. It appears that my closed security positions are being deleted automatically 60 days after selling the last shares. Price history for these securities is also deleted. I believe that in Money 2003 (Business) that I used a setting that is causing this (the results, however, were not my intent). Money 2006 does not appear to have such a setting. How can I stop this from happening now for securities that I will be selling? How can I recover the "lost data" How can I force Money 2006 to pic...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

Selecting a column with an integer
Sub ColumnSelection() ' Selecting a column with an integer ' Please show me how to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) Dim r As Integer Dim c As String Dim numericcolumn As Integer Dim alphabetcolumn As String numericcolumn = 4 ' in practice 4 is the resultant of an equation alphabetcolumn = "=CHAR(" & numericcolumn + 64 & ")" Cells(1, 1) = alphabetcolumn ' I like to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) c = Cells(1, 1).Value ' I like to eliminate the use of Cells(1, 1) Cell...

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...

Calendaring agent failed in message delete notification
We have a user who previously synchronised his calendar with a psion and has many messages that had reminders on that he now can't delete using Outlook (gets error) but he keeps on being reminded that they are late. The psion has been thrown away so how can I delete these messages? Assuming we back up his calendar can we reinitialise it? Would a mailbox move help? Thanks David Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event Category: General Event ID: 8200 Date: 29/11/2004 Time: 10:08:33 User: N/A Computer: MAIL1 Description: Calendaring agent failed in message delete notification with err...

BP Req Mgmt Lookup should show additional columns
When doing a lookup I should be able to configure the columns that I would like to see visible on the lookup. For example, when looking up an item only item number and item description are visible fields. I would like to configure the lookup to show additional fields, like the vendor name. ...

Prevent copy and paste in one column
I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying and pasting on the whole worksheet. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then Application.CellDragAndDrop = False Application.CutCopyMode = False Else Application.CellDragAndDrop = True End If End Sub Works for me in Excel 2003 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:42:01...

copying column width in tables
Hi, I created a table in Publisher with 6 columns. I would columns #1, 2, 4 and 5 to have the same width and columns 3 and 6 to have a different width. I'd like to set the width of column 1 and then paste that size to the other four so they all have exactly the same width. Presently, I am eyeballing it, but it takes too much time and is not exact. Any ideas on how to do this? The only way is to create guides. Arrange, ruler guides. You could try creating a table in Word, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsof...

Deletion settings in Mailbox Store Properties
Our company would like to enforce a policy to permanently delete items 30 days or older from each mailboxes Deleted items folder. The mailboxes all reside on the Exchange 2003 server. Under Mailbox Store Properties, Deletion settings, the Keep deleted items for (days) is set to 30, yet the items are not being deleted. My thoughts are that it is because we do not have the Mailbox Manager scheduled to run. Is that correct? I am a little hesitant to run it because I am worried about what else it might "manage". I only see one recipient policy and that is for email addresses. ...

EFS
Hi, I did something bad and enabled EFS on a folder, then decided to remove EFS. Windows has now left me with a number of EFS*.tmp files which I cannot now delete and they are really large. I understand what these files are, but really want to delete them and so far I haven't found a way to do this, have tried using Admin privilages and a Google search was fruitless. Help :-) Thanks "David" <amharcAE@ice.age.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:5fkf165079mj6sq3jl4jui8f7fveennejo@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I did something bad and enabled EFS on a ...