Default font in charts

Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every
axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks.
Alex
0
Alex4922 (316)

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to change the default font in charts? ie, I'd like every
> axis and title to be 16pt Times New Roman right off the bat. Thanks.

Set up a chart the way you want it to look. Right-click in its chart area
and choose Chart Type. Click the Custom Types tab and hit the "set as
default" button.

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

0
echos (11)

how to format :send picture with message: as a default
each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express for my mail. LYNNY <LYNNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > each time i sent a graphic i must go to the format and click "send > picture with message." how do I make this a default so it is there > permanently.I am running on a Windows XP and am using Outlook Express > for my mail. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

control charts #2
Might some direct me to some good examples of control charts and or directions for creating. I have been asked to get up to speed on them and this is somehting new for me. Thanks Jon Peltier has information on creating them in EXCEL, http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html I'd suggest you do some reading on control charts from other sites. There should be something here that could help you. http://www.isixsigma.com/st/control_charts/ "Todd F." wrote: > Might some direct me to some good examples of control charts and or > directions for creatin...

Dynamic series in Chart
Guys, I have a spreadsheet with timestamps on col A, then Col B contains the values correspond to timestamps in ColA (Col C thru Col M are similar to Col B as well). I am trying to build a chart in function of time (meaning Values for the X axis would be B2..M2, and Y axis would be B3..M3 for the 1 series, then B3..M3 for the values in x-axis, and B4..M4 for Y axis, so on...). Number of rows is subject to change (time stamp entries), and I am only interested for the last 21 entries (if there is less than 21 entries, plot them all, otherwise, only plot the last 21 entries). For ...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

alter default view for operations
I'd like to just see parameter types, not names. I don't want to see: methodName( in request : LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName I'd like to see: methodName( LongRequestObjectName ) : ResponseObjectName -------------- Justin ...

Scrolling chart
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Scrolling.htm I am confused where the reference range SCROLL_DATA and SCROLL_LABELS are set. -- slamm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15018 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382363 In Insert, Name, Define, (the normal place to find a named-range), an also read the Offset Worksheet function in Help for furthe explanation. Hope this help -- Bryan Hesse ---------------------------------------------...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

How do I stop axis titles from overlapping with negative chart da.
The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still overlaps. Hi, You can find an explanation here. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm Cheers Andy KarenNeedsHelp wrote: > The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, > but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still > overlaps. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Karen - Double click on the category titles o...

xy Scatter chart #3
I will try to explain this to the best of my knowledge: I have a spreadsheet with some information that is set up like this: Example Risk Impact Probability Director Trls Med 3 1 Wrong Trips High 4 3 Upgrade JAX Low 1 1 These numbers are generated from a series of questions that determine wether the risk is a high, med, or low factor. So there is really no way of knowing what numbers determines a Low, Med, or High Risk The numbers will never go higher than a 4 and lower th...

email defaults to personal folder
Hello we have run into a new problem at my work. About 5 new people started recently and the all tried to open their email accounts before they were properly setup. Because no server was entered they now have a top folder called "Personal Folders". What we have been doing to fix the situation is to right click on the outlook icon choose > properties > email accounts > Add a new email account. This method then adds the user's mailbox to outlook. The problem however is that we have lost old calendar information as well as the mail defaults to the personal folder ...

How do I add an indicator line to a Gantt chart in excel?
I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I would like to indicate a specific date - most of the time today's date - by a vertical line showing how many days have passed and how many yet to go for specific tasks. I have attempted to create an 'XY graph' on top of the bar/Gantt chart, but the two do not seem to be compatible. Hi, See my examples of various ways of adding a datum line to a chart. I'm pretty sure one of the techniques should work for you. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Steve wrote: > I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I...

Click on a Pie Chart
Hi, I'm pretty sure this isn't possible but..... I've been asked if it's possible to click (or double click) on a slice of a pie chart and jump to the data it represents (the same as you can in a pivot table). Many thanks Paul I can't speak for 2007, but I recall a few years ago I was looking at making a pie chart clickable to "drill down" in 2003, updating the pie chart to show the component measures of the wedge that was clicked on. It appeared to be possible using VBA, but then the project was terminated before it really started. I can&#...

Previous year data into chart
I currently have a whole table of data imported into Excel from Access. The only problem is, i cannot seem to import the data for the previous year using a query. With the data i would like to create a chart for the past 12 month, i.e the last 12 cells (as the data is taken monthly). Can i select data for the last 12 months that will remain the last 12 months even when the worksheet is refreshed every month? How my data looks: Date % Acknowledged % Investigated 09/2005 85 99 10/2005 ...

Charting depending on criteria & data series name as a column val
I want to chart some prices as I want to take a look at price trends. My problems, and I can not figure out how to solve them, are: 1. Is it possible to dynamically change the chart depending on certain criteria (product family & selected customers) 2. As the number of customers is variable and they are in one of the columns. Is it possible to plot a series (customer name), depending on the name of a column? 3. I want to chart the data based on the date, but just include the dates available, to prevent periods of time showing no change (e.g. I don't want monthly ticks for the x a...

Changing default address book from Global to Contacts
I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing the Global Adress book from our internal network to opening our shared business contacts when you click the "To:" button when addressing a new email. Does anybody know how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. Go to Tools > Options > Addressing Tab and choose which Contacts folder to show first. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad Streeeer" <brad@aerospecialties.com> wrote in message news:0b2501c3c3f4$f69d8220$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to change the Outlook 2000 default of listing &...

Excel Charts in Word
I have a word report I need to do every month. The data and charts are in excel and the data changes monthly. How do I get the excel charts linked into a word document so that when I enter the new data in the excel spreadsheet that is automaitically updated in the report in the word docuemnt? Thanks Copy the Excel chart. In Word, use Edit menu > Paste Special, and select the Paste Link option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microso...

using picture on charts in exel 2002
After I updated to Exel 2002 the pictures I had displayed on a chart wall does not print properly... It looks fine on print preview but when you actually print it only show's a small portion of the picture... Before the update I had no problem... I have tryed every thing I know to make the correction.... Nothing has worked so far... Thanks The only thing that comes to mind is everyone's favorite whipping boy. Do your printer drivers need updating? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ jdishner...

How do I create a donut chart in Excel
How can I import Outlook Calender months into Excel and create a donut chart? Can anybody help me? Thanks ...

How to enlarge stacked chart plot area
In most chart types, I can grab a corner and the chart will expand as I pull it. Not so with 100% stacked chart. How can I make it larger than 1/4 of the page? TIA Carole Is it a pivot chart? The inability to resize the plot area of pivot charts is yet another reason I rarely use them. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Carole O wrote: > In most chart types, I can grab a corner and the chart will expand as I pull > it. Not so with 100% stacked chart. How can I make it large...

Problem linking excel charts in word
I have linked an excel chart into a word document by pasting special as a link. It looks fine when I paste it. I close the application and when I open it again the chart is cut off on the left, and sometimes at the top. It's as if the chart itself is off the edge of the frame it is sitting in. The chart in excel is perfectly OK. I can edit the excel chart, and edits are updated in the word document when links are updated, but it doesn't change the position of teh chart, so it's still cutting off part of the chart. The chart is on it's own sheet rather than being i...

Defaults in Publisher 2003
Is there a way of changing defaults in Publisher 2003. Specifically I want to: * set default measurement unit to centimeters * set default border of a text box to black line, .75 pt * set Tools menu>Commercial Printing Tools>Fonts so that TrueType fonts are always embedded. Many thanks Chris ...

Adding Fonts to New Font Collection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need help in adding a few of the fonts I commonly use to the Fonts Collection, which appears at the top of the Drop down menu under FONTS. I would like to store the names of a half dozen fonts in the Font Collection menu so that I can avoid scrolling through the entire Font list in order to highlight them. If one uses Verdana a lot, this is a real pain. Right now, when I go to Font Collections (under the Font menu), I see the subheading New Favorites, not no list appears when I click on it. I want to put my favo...

Combo box default value multiautocomplete
Hi All i have a subform with 10 item. The first one is a combo box that can choose the value from a list that is linked to a table with many record. This subform is related to the master form with link master field codice,cognome,nome link child field codice,cognome,nome that are the other items that are not visualize in the subform. These link give me the right connection to the master form. Normally when i choose the value from list (table) i place also all the other item in the subform using this code in after update precedure Me.ISEE.Value = Me.ISEE.Column(0) Me.F_Costo_con_M...

Easy charting question (hopefully)
Hi All, This should be a fairly simple one but I can not find through Google or Microsoft on how to accomplish it. My rows of data have 14 columns. One of those columns I would like to do a count on, so for example the COLUMN of data looks like: Apples Apples Apples Oranges Pears Pears Zuchini I want a chart that shows a count for each one, so there would be 3 apples, 1 oranges, 2 pears, and 1 zuchini. This would then be in a bar chart. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help, SD Perhaps this: Sub Test() Dim r As Range, c As Range Dim cht As Chart Dim s As Series Dim ws As Worksh...

Moving a Chart of account segment to analytical accounting Dimension
We need to move a segment from chart of account to TRx Dimension in Analytical Accounting. Can anybody suggest about what data we should import in Dimension Codes related to historical and Open transaction distributions. Basically we want to be able to use Analytical Accounting reports for old transactions for this new Dimension. Is it even possible to do ? ...