Dates II

Using Excel 2002.  The data in my spreadsheet is categorized by year (YYYY),
but the years that I'm using are not sequential.  I would like to create a
line graph with marker points at years 1990, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, and
2007.  I'd also like there to be a lot of white space between the 1990 and
2000 labels, a little less between 2000-2004, and even less than that between
the single years.  I can get the markers on the line chart to appear at the
proper intervals, but I can't get the associated labels--and only those
labels--to appear.  When I select time-scale, it forces all the inclusive
years to appear as labels, and I don't want that.  Thank you for any advice
you can share.  Loretta
0
hogon (7)

Hi,

Probably the best way to do this is to enter the years as text, not dates or
numbers in your data area.  As far as sorting them in an unusual order, that
should take care of itself if you have them as text in the data area.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"hogon" wrote:

> Using Excel 2002.  The data in my spreadsheet is categorized by year (YYYY),
> but the years that I'm using are not sequential.  I would like to create a
> line graph with marker points at years 1990, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, and
> 2007.  I'd also like there to be a lot of white space between the 1990 and
> 2000 labels, a little less between 2000-2004, and even less than that between
> the single years.  I can get the markers on the line chart to appear at the
> proper intervals, but I can't get the associated labels--and only those
> labels--to appear.  When I select time-scale, it forces all the inclusive
> years to appear as labels, and I don't want that.  Thank you for any advice
> you can share.  Loretta
Hi Shane,
Yep, all of the years are assigned as Text.  So, it does give me the years I
specified, but the spacing preference is lost.  For example, the "distance"
between 1990 and 2000 is the same as that between 2004 and 2005.  Thank you.
Loretta

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Probably the best way to do this is to enter the years as text, not dates or
> numbers in your data area.  As far as sorting them in an unusual order, that
> should take care of itself if you have them as text in the data area.
>
> If this helps, please click the Yes button.
> --
> Thanks,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "hogon" wrote:
>
> > Using Excel 2002.  The data in my spreadsheet is categorized by year (YYYY),
> > but the years that I'm using are not sequential.  I would like to create a
> > line graph with marker points at years 1990, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, and
> > 2007.  I'd also like there to be a lot of white space between the 1990 and
> > 2000 labels, a little less between 2000-2004, and even less than that between
> > the single years.  I can get the markers on the line chart to appear at the
> > proper intervals, but I can't get the associated labels--and only those
> > labels--to appear.  When I select time-scale, it forces all the inclusive
> > years to appear as labels, and I don't want that.  Thank you for any advice
> > you can share.  Loretta
0
hogon (7)

Using Date Ranges
How do you query a date range. If you want a total for each month datepart("m",<datefield>) will return the month number of the date from that field, then you can do a totals query grouping on that month number. If you have more than 1 year's data, you would need to do another date field with datepart("yyyy",<datefield>) and group on that as well. "iLevy" wrote: > How do you query a date range. > If you want a total for each month ...

Microsoft Query criteria syntax for date() or today()
Essentially, I need MS Query syntax for a calculation based on today's date. I'm using Microsoft Query from inside Excel to extract data from an ODBC database. I want to download everything with a date of, say, in the last 60 days. I can't find any documentation for Microsoft Query and its Help doesn't seem to address this. I've tried Excel and Access systax such as >Date()- 60 and =Today()-60. I've tried copying in the SQL text created by Access. I don't know how to say "Today" or "Now" or "Date". Any help out there? ...

Is date in between
I have a table 'tbl_scheduled_locations' with three fields 'sl_id','sl_date' and 'sl_loc' so basically the data is 1 12/01/2009 Detroit 2 12/05/2009 New York 3 12/17/2009 California Now I need to build a query that tells me the location based on a date. Therefore, if I used as a criteria 12/04/2009 it would return New York and if I used 12/07/2009 it would return California. How would I build such a query? Thank you, QB The easiest query to get the date would be SELECT TOP 1 SL_Date FROM tbl_scheduled_locations WHERE ...

Julian dates #2
How do you select Julian dates and not regular month and days? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Talltrees wrote: > How do you select Julian dates and not regular month and days? Julian dates are dates that start on January 1, 4713 BCE at noon in Greenwich, so today's date is 2453071. To get Julian dates, just add 2415018.5 for the 1900 date system or 2416480.5 for the 1904 date system (adjust for your time zone). You can find out more about Julian dates here: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/JulianDate....

Can I print all spreadsheets based on 'date modified' criteria?
I do my business billing on individual worksheets for my business. I would like to print all worksheets dated 1-1-09 to 12-12-09. How can this be done... can it be done as a 'DOS' command?? Worksheets or Workbooks? Geoff Jones wrote: > I do my business billing on individual worksheets for my business. I would > like to print all worksheets dated 1-1-09 to 12-12-09. How can this be > done... can it be done as a 'DOS' command?? ...

Downloaded transactions with bad dates
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe. I recently paid my Citi credit card account from my checking account using epay. The two payments were scheduled for 1/1/2004. A few days after New Years, Money automatically downloaded the transactions from Citi Cards. The downloaded transactions indicated that the payments were posted to my Citi Card account on 01/01/2003. The year was wrong - the payments actually posted on 01/01/2004! As such, Money would not automatically match these transactions. I manually matched the transactions, but unfortunately, Money kept Citi's date instead of m...

2 queries, a date range and a report?!
I'm pretty much a novice access user, and am designing my DB with the frequent assistance of these forums. However I'm now trying to do something that I can't find any reference to - Can anyone advise? I have a report that is to be printed from a form using a print control button. The report consists of 2 queries which look up 2 different types of "item" by date range. I want to be able to prompt the user once for the start and end date. If I put a start/end request on both of the queries, then the user has to enter the dates twice, and when you choose...

date format within a cell containing a formula
I am trying to display the date as 1/21/05 in a cell that contains a formula with the date nested between text... i.e. ="The contractor will provide insurance by "&(Cell A8)&" and start work.... I have a front page where I input all my project criteria including dates and then I have documents that have similar verbage as above and have dates within in them... I currently stop my text right before the cell where the date will be displayed and then start the text after the date cell... I dont like doing it this way. ="The contractor will provide insurance...

Current date (i.e., today()) in Chart Title
Is there a way to insert a date code/command in the Chart Title? Hi, In a cell, say A1, in the spreadsheet enter a formula like this: =TEXT(TODAY(),"M/D/YY") Now select the border of the chart title, not inside, and type =A1 when you press enter the title will use the value in cell A1 for your title. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Gwynne" wrote: > Is there a way to insert a date code/command in the Chart Title? Thank's sooo very much! I'm going to try that right now! Gwynne "Shane Devenshire" wrote...

Admin Account
If I configure my Administrator Account to receive e-mails from Authenticated Users Only, will this cause any issue in my envoirenment? I have hide this account from the GAL and to avoid any spam or virus from using this account I want to configure it to receive e-mails from authenticated users only. Advise please. Thank you. "=?Utf-8?B?V0lMRFBBQ0tFVA==?=" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:93FFD69F-846A-4EEE-A840-D78F5E2FA1B0@microsoft.com: > If I configure my Administrator Account to receive e-mails from > Authenticated Users Only, will th...

Schema Manager
Hi Guys, I have added 2 fields in the Schema manager, both of type "Date & Time". After publishing the Customizations, i add these into the CRM, but cannot use them in the Workflow Manager? Does anyone know why? Rgds Jefferson Jefferson, Unfortunately, in CRM 1.2, NO dates (custom or otherwise) are available in the workflow manager. They are supposed to be in CRM 3.0. Sorry for the news, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-327-6944 To download a fully functional trial version of V...

How to total items if they fall between a date range
I have a range of items that fall under a date range. I am trying to total the items that fall under a certian date range. ie. 20-Apr-05 25-Apr-05 1-May-05 16-May-05 A $1.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 B $19.00 $0.00 $10.00 $0.00 C $0.00 $5.00 $0.00 $0.00 D $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $20.00 total $20.00 $5.00 $10.00 $20.00 If dates fall between 1-Apr-05 and 30-Apr-05, total totals = $25.00 If dates f...

how do i subtract one date from another and get an age in years
i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in years. Can anyone help me? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ucastores" <ucastores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE331F27-C314-42D4-A390-9DA97E0E493D@microsoft.com... >i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in > years. Can anyone help me? > Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ucastores" &l...

Date field behavior differs between forms
I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields. In one, if I place my cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left of the field. In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the middle, it starts typing right where I am. Any ideas? I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form and I cannot find what is causing this behavior. I would love to get both of them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the cursor is. Thanks! Check the Text Alignment property of both controls (not ...

Formatting the Date in Excel
Is there any way in Excel that I can format the Date so I don't have to type any slashes between the month and day? In other words, I would like to be able to type in 0714 press "enter" and have excel recognize that this is 07/14/2005 without typing in 07/14. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Short of writing code, you could enter your numerics only date in cell A1, for instance: 07142005. Then in B1 write a formula: =mid(A1,1,2)&"/"&mid(A1,3,2)&"/"&left(A1,4) Then you could copy column B and paste as values into their req...

calculating dates #2
What formula do i use??? here is my problem... i have 3 columns A- Qty of days eg: 6, B-start date, eg: 10/12/07 C -end date, , (formula i am using, (colummn (C) =A+B+1 (copied down the column) this gives me an end date by adding A and B which i use in a gantt chart, eg; "but" some dates do not have a start date yet and the end result will read (C) 05/01/00, how can i get column (C) to remain blank until i put a start date in???? =IF(A1="","",A1+B1+1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "spudpeeps" <spudpeeps@discussions.mic...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Use Datedif but for future dates
I have a formula for identifying years, months, days from a past date to now. DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"y")&" Y, "& DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"ym")& " M, " & DATEDIF(C6,NOW(),"md") & " D" I'd like a formula that can produce the same format (years, months, days) between now and a future date. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bart Hi Bart Try this with the date in A2 =IF(TODAY()<=A2,DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"Y") & " y " & DATEDIF(TODAY(),A2,"ym") & " m","-"&...

Increasing Membership Expiration Date one year upon renewal
On a form called Members I have a field named ExpDate, as well as a button that opens a payment form. On the payment form, there are check boxes for new and renewal. as well as a button to close the payment form (and return to the Members form). How can I have the ExpDate on the Members form increase one year if the renewal check box is "true" on the payment form? Am I asking too much? If so, I'm willing to put a button on the Members form that would increase the ExpDate by a year. I did find "DateAdd( "yyyy", 1, ExpDate)" but couldn't make it work ...

What date formats does Excel accept?
I'm trying to find an exhaustive list of all date formats that Excel recognizes right off the bat, i.e. you can enter into a cell and Excel recognizes it as a date. Including all the "Ambiguous"/"Best Guess" ones like 01/03 (does it mean January 1, 2003 or January 3, this year). -- My email address has an extra @ and an extra invalid. Please remove them to email me. Hi Jonathan! I've sent you some draft text that is pretty exhaustive as far as recognised date formats are concerned. The trouble is that "recognised" and "interpreted" vari...

How do I convert date values to non-date format e.g. 01-06-78?
Hello, we have a large spreadsheet (Excel 2003) with bank codes that have been automatically converted to date format. Any bank code in column G that could also be a date, such as 03-07-78, will get converted to 03/07/78. Is there a way to convert these 'dates' back to format for bank code (we do need date format for other column)? Thank you, I think you'd be much better off reimporting the data into excel. If you're importing a text file, make sure that the extension is .txt. Then file|open your workbook and specify Text for that field. But you could try a helper co...

Diff between two dates formatted as years and months
I am trying to display an employee's length of service at a particular date using a simple formula to subtract one date from the other and format the result as y"y" m"m" so that I get eg. 2y 4m as the person's service. It is returning odd results eg. 0y 12m for diff between 1/1/04 and 1/1/05 and 1y 1m for diff between 31/12/03 and 1/1/05. Is there a more accurate method of doing this to ensure that I get the result I want? Thanks for all your help A complete explanation: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft ...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

Auto insert of date
I'm trying to input some datas using preparedStatement and among those coiumns one column is of type "smalldatetime" i wish to input the current date and time at which i execute this query, how can i achieve this in JDBC or what is the sql query for this. I'm not sure if we're talking JET SQL or T-SQL or something else here? In JET SQL you want the Date() function, something like ... INSERT INTO Table1 ( TestDate ) SELECT Date() AS Expr1; If you're using T-SQL you want the GETDATE() function, something like ... INSERT INTO dbo.Table1 (Test...

formula for cycle time from date -to-date w/o weekend included
I am tracking number of days between two date points with the =L933-K933 formula. With formula it give the total days. K933 | L933 | days 10/1/03 | 10/6/03 | 5 With this example, it includes the weekend in the formula. Is there a way to tell my formula to only include business days? Steve Steve, Lookup NETWORKDAYS in help. It's part of the Analysis Toolpak addin, so you will need to install that. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steve" <feelin_irie2001@yahoo...