Dates appear wrong in my chart

I have a bar chart I have created from a table.  I want the x axis to be the
dates shown in the table. currently 11/01/2007, 11/01/2006, etc.  They appear
in the chart as 01/01/2007, 01/01/2006, etc.  If I change the formatting in
the chart from date to number than the dates in the chart appear 11/01/2007,
11/01/2006, etc.  How do I get both the table and the chart to display the
correct date?  Has anyone experienced a simliar problem?
0
Rockman (2)

I have a bar chart I have created from a table.  I want the x axis to be the
dates shown in the table. currently 11/01/2007, 11/01/2006, etc.  They appear
in the chart as 01/01/2007, 01/01/2006, etc.  If I change the formatting in
the table from date to number than the dates in the chart appear 11/01/2007,
11/01/2006, etc.  How do I get both the table and the chart to display the
correct date?  Has anyone experienced a simliar problem?

0
Rockman (2)

Change time scale in a chart by changing cell value
Hello, I have the following problem. I want to change the time scale in a chart (XY scatter) by changing th dates in another worksheet. In other words, I have a chart showing th results from 1 January 2005 up to 31 January 2005. Now I want to see i more detail the results in the chart from 8 January 2005 up to 1 January 2005. I do not want to do this by double clicking the x-axi and then change the scale, but just by changing the date in worksheet. So in a worksheet I have a box with start date = .... an end date = ..... now the scale of the chart has to change according t the values I fil...

Formatting lines between data points in a line chart
I have a simple line chart which graphs data over a 3-year timeframe. Between each of the years, I would like there to be a gap in the line. In my previous version of Excel, I was able to do this by choosing "None" for the formatting of the line between the datapoints. In my current version of Excel (Excel 2002, XP operating system), if I choose "none" it simply charts a line between 2 non-contiguous months. For example, if I remove the line between December 2004 and January 2005, Excel 2002 will simply graph the line between December 2004 and February 2005. Any...

Custom Date Format #2
When working with data from a spreadsheet which originated from a much earlier version of Excel (Excel95, I believe), which I'm now trying to use with Excel 2003. I'm having trouble with the formatting of the date being interpreted as a formula and forcing an equals sign "=" to appear next to the data. When the file is first opened, the original data appears correctly. However, after editing the data in the field and pressing the 'enter' key, the date displayed on the sheet shows "00-Jan-00". When I use the arrow keys to go back up to that parti...

Outlook does not show body. I see From, to, cc, subject, Date, etc
Hi, I'm running Office 2003 full updated, on a Windows XP home edition and Kaspersky 6.0 (also fully updated). All legaly software and it seems to be free of virus. I've set my Exchange account and it connects normaly without problems. It sends and receives email. When I select an email, it doesn't show the body contents. I'm able to see the header (TO, CC, Subsject, Date, etc) but the email body it's a blank page. It happens when I select it in preview pane and when I open the email. Any ideia? Many thanks! HC Is that happening on ALL e-mail or just some? -- -Be...

importing numbers from html-charts
How can I select numbers from a HTML web-based financial chart (I.E. the Gainskeeper type used by Scottrade and E-Trade), copy a single column and import it into EXEL with PASTE SPECIAL and then add the entries without getting the answer "0" and/or the error code: #VALUE! ? Apparently the numbers must be stripped of previous formatting, but how? It is possible just to enter one number at a time and reformat to "text", then add them but it is infinite laborious. A thousand thanks! What is the secret to select columns in the above charts? ...

How move a chart with arrow keys
I can move a chart around the spread sheet fine w/ the mouse, but it is difficult to line this chart up w/ other things in the spread sheet. How do I move the chart w/ the arrow keys to fine tune its position? I appreciate your help, -John Unfortunately the cursor keys will only allow you to move between elements rather than re-position the chart. However, you can use the ALT key to snap to the worksheet grid when dragging the chart with the mouse. ------- John Mansfield http://www.cellmatrix.net "John" wrote: > I can move a chart around the spread sheet fine w/ the mous...

charts getting elongated after closing
I have a file that uses VBA to generate charts. It has worked great. Today I noticed the charts, of previously closed files would be elongated when I reopen the file. It hasn't done this in the past. The only thing I can think of is I recently attached my laptop to a proxima that caused my resolution to be altered. Could that have had some influence? Why would the graph be changing from the VBA-directed format? TIA ...

auto date not working
I have a form where I want the date that the information was entered to be displayed automatically. I have the text box disabled so that no one can change the data. In the text box I have =Date() which works fine but when I go back to that record the next day, the date changes to that day's date. Please help!! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 Set the Default Value of the field in the table to =Date(), rather than the Default Value of the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http...

Excel 2000 date formats
A spreadsheet of information I have downloaded for importing into a new database application has dates of birth in United States format mm/dd/yyyy (ie 03/27/1945 for March 27 1945). How can I change these dates to to dd/mm/yyyy? I've tried Format Cells Number Date, but no option for dd/mm/yyyy shows up as a choice. Going to Format Cells Number Custom, selecting dd/mm/yyyy and OK does not bring about a change in the format displayed by the cell. In other words, it still shows up as mm/dd/yyyy. What am I missing here? Please help. Regards, Chris Russell Hi Chris! It sounds like...

Today's date in e-mail template
Is it possible to have a filed which returns today's date in an e-mail template? ...

Excel Chart with a text box linked to the filter criteria.
I have generated a chart that shows a subtotal of data that has been selected using a single criteria in an autofilter ( The criteria is set to select a specific business area to quickly filter all expenditures of the area.)This allows setting the autofilter with a reflected result in the chart.ie showing the filtered results for a selected business area. I now wish to place on the chart the autofilter criteria. A text box can be used to link to a cell but I cannot work out how to select the moving target of the result of an autofilter. Alternatively I cannot access the variable tha...

Want make chart express Inventory value
want to make chart express inventory ending value ...

Chart Covering Info from Multiple Sheets
I have survey data and each sheet holds the scores from a certain week for each of the 11 questions. I want to make 11 line charts that will show the answers over time for each question. For instance, chart 1 would be question 1. A week would be the x value of each point and the y value would be the average score for that question. The score is in the same cell on each sheet it that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Zach -- OlYeller21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ OlYeller21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

Toolbar with Back Button won't appear
When I am online, the toolbar with the back button and the address is gone. The space is vacant. Any ideas? Thank you. hit the F11 key >WT< "Leen3611" <Leen3611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F702400-84CD-44C9-963F-49F94D616F01@microsoft.com... > When I am online, the toolbar with the back button and the address is > gone. > The space is vacant. Any ideas? Thank you. ...

Organization Chart
Is there any way to control the size of the Subordinate, Coworker, and Assistant boxes as I add shapes and do a 'Fit Organization Charts To Content' operation? The shapes are too small for the size font I want to use. Manually expanding the size of the Organization Chart object before adding elements works fine until I overshoot the chart size I want and have to do a 'Fit'. Thanks, Tom ...

office 2003, changing the new graphic appearance back to office XP standard.
This may sound a bit backward but having installed the new office 2003 I'm a bit dismayed about the new graphic layout. It's indeed very artsy but at the same time it's also less clear-cut compared with the standard office XP layout. This is particular obvious in OUTLOOK where I think the "old" view of the inbox (sorted after sender) is MUCH more compact compared to the same view in office 2003. Therefor I would like to know if there is a way to change the graphic view in office 2003 back to office XP (or something more similar to it). Indeed, I want to get rid of the ex...

date formatting #4
I am trying to get the dates in a column of dates to change color when they become 90 days older then the current date or to change when they already are. Then, at a glance I could see the dates that are 90 days older then the current date. I am using =now() as the current date. Select the column of dates, say A1 to A10, then: <Format> <Conditional Formatting>, Select "Formula Is" in the first box drop-down, Enter this formula in the next box: =A1<NOW()-90 Then click on "Format", and choose a display color to your liking, Then <OK> <OK>. ...

How do I calculate interest and deduct late fees based on date pa.
I need to enter the dates due and received, beginning balance, interest rate, amount of late fees, date payment is considered late. Leon, Tricky to answer this given what you've said. You could try looking under "Financial Functions" which would give you somewhere to start. Regards, David Jessop "leon" wrote: > I need to enter the dates due and received, beginning balance, interest rate, > amount of late fees, date payment is considered late. ...

Counting Soecific dates in a range
Hi, I have a series of dates in A3:A1000 and I only want to count the dates in September 2009 **/09/09 (UK date format) in that range. I looked at COUNT, COUNTIF etc. but they only seem to look for text strings. I seem to be going around in circles with this. -- Steve Try this: =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,">="&DATE(2009,9,1))-COUNTIF(A1:A1000,">"&DATE(2009,9,30)) Or, use cells to hold the date boundaries: C1 = start date = 1/9/2009 D1 = end date = 30/9/2009 =COUNTIF(A1:A1000,">="&C1)-COUNTIF(A1:A1000,">"&D1) Format as Gener...

Select Max Date as Default Value
In my form, I have a combo box that looks up a date with a name. I would like the default value of the form field to be the most recent date in the list. I've messed around with max but no luck yet. Must be doing something simple wrong. The three fields that the combo box displays are MID, MailboxDate, MailboxName. Thanks in advance. ...

How do I read values from a line chart?
I want to draw lines from the y axis over to the data line and down to the x axis. I also need to show the value on the x axis. Please can someone help? Hi, Create an XY-Scatter Plot, rather than a line plot. Right click on any data point ---> "Format Data Series" ---> "X-Error Bars" tab ---> select the "Minus" box, check "Percentage" radio button and enter 100 for % ---> repeat this in the "Y-Error Bars" tab ---> then go to "Data Labels" tab and check "X Value" With a Line Plot, you can get the Data...

Autofilter and Charts
I have a chart set up to display the first few lines of data in a large matrix of data. The matrix of data is autofiltered with respect to the first two columns so that I only look at the data that I'm interested in. When it is filtered, the amount of data remaining fits the chart range. I have set this up for one filter case and when I choose another, the chart goes blank b/c they are trying to maintain a link with the first filter that they were set up on. I would like the charts to only read the data in the first few lines of data while I dynamically change this data via auto...

Date format #6
All my registers (checking account, credit card, etc.) dates are formated to be day/month/year. How do I change that to month/day/year? In microsoft.public.money, Rob B. wrote: >All my registers (checking account, credit card, etc.) dates are formated to >be day/month/year. How do I change that to month/day/year? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/76154/en-us ...

3-tier stacked bar chart
Hello - I work for a police department and need to create a stacked bar chart for homicide victims and suspects by race and gender. The chart would be separated into victims on the left and suspects on the right. Within each, there would 3 bars: Black, White, Asian. Within each of those three bars is male/female. Does anyone know how to enter that data into an excel spreadsheet??? Any help appreciated! Hi, Try this data in range A1:D7. Create a stacked column plotting Series in Rows. You will then need to format the 6 series as appropriate. Victim Suspect Black Male 1 1 Female 1 1 ...

Control of document appearance in view
How can one change the text and background colors in the viewed Publisher 2007 document without altering printing formatting? Open the Color Scheme (Format menu) and experiment. Or create a scheme of your own. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Aristophanes" <Aristophanes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ECF497D-D389-4DBC-B7DB-4B53CAA5BEDE@microsoft.com... > How can one change the text and background colors in the viewed Publisher > 2007 document without altering printing formatting? ...