Date in data is changing to Jan in chart Excel 07

I have a row of dates: Dec-96, Dec-97, Dec 98, and so on up to Dec-08.  The
date in the first cell is typed in as 12/15/96, but formatted to show Dec-96.
 The rest of the cells are a foumula: =cell+365, the cell value is relative.
When we create a chart, they become Jan.  I tried changing the first
underlying date to 12/1/96, which worked sometimes but not everytime I
created a chart, and it didn't work for the end user at all.  I've never run
into this before.  We have recently migrated to Office 07.
0
LisaK (8)

If the values are not recognized as dates, or if the chart doesn't know the
dates should be used as X values, then you might be looking at how counting
numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.) look in date format. 1 = 1 Jan 1900, 2 = 2 Jan 1900,
etc.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"LisaK" <LisaK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a row of dates: Dec-96, Dec-97, Dec 98, and so on up to Dec-08.  The
> date in the first cell is typed in as 12/15/96, but formatted to show
> Dec-96.
> The rest of the cells are a foumula: =cell+365, the cell value is
> relative.
> When we create a chart, they become Jan.  I tried changing the first
> underlying date to 12/1/96, which worked sometimes but not everytime I
> created a chart, and it didn't work for the end user at all.  I've never
> run
> into this before.  We have recently migrated to Office 07.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
2/23/2009 11:31:52 PM
Hi,

try this, suppose your first date is in A1 then in A2 enter the following
formula:

=EDATE(A1,12)

This will return the same date a year (12 months) into the future.

I don't see what adding 365 or better yet 365.25 doesn't work but...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"LisaK" wrote:

> I have a row of dates: Dec-96, Dec-97, Dec 98, and so on up to Dec-08.  The
> date in the first cell is typed in as 12/15/96, but formatted to show Dec-96.
>  The rest of the cells are a foumula: =cell+365, the cell value is relative.
> When we create a chart, they become Jan.  I tried changing the first
> underlying date to 12/1/96, which worked sometimes but not everytime I
> created a chart, and it didn't work for the end user at all.  I've never run
> into this before.  We have recently migrated to Office 07.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Steps in Exchange 2000 to change domain name?
We have an existing domain name (company.com). We have decided to change our name to newcompany.com. Right now the users are user@company.com and we want it to be user@newcompany.com. What do I need to do to change that in Exchange? I have made the necessary DNS changes (or so I believe). Thank you!!! Douglas Just add newcompany.com to your recipient policy & make it the default...best not to remove your existing company.com addresses as it may help during the transition to let users receive mail for both addresses. See http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html for help. ; ...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Excel button problem