DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex vs DataLabel.Text (Private Sub does not work in excel 2003)

Hi,

i have sheet's code which works perfecly in Excel 2007, but nothing =
happens in excel 2003. No error occurs. what may be the cause?

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()'white label when value =3D NA()

    With Workbooks("chart").Sheets("tmp").Shapes("Wykres =
1").DrawingObject.Chart
    For i =3D 1 To 7
    .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex =3D 0
    Next i
    For i =3D 1 To 7
    If .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Text =3D "#N/D!" Then
    .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex =3D 2
    End If
    Next i
    End With

End Sub

regards
0
god (5)

Hi,

The code works in xl03 if the workbook is saved as 97-03 compatible.
Add a break point on the first line and step through the code to see if all
the lines are executed as expected.

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"God Itself" <god@heaven.in> wrote in message
Hi,

i have sheet's code which works perfecly in Excel 2007, but nothing happens
in excel 2003. No error occurs. what may be the cause?

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()'white label when value = NA()

    With Workbooks("chart").Sheets("tmp").Shapes("Wykres
1").DrawingObject.Chart
    For i = 1 To 7
    .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex = 0
    Next i
    For i = 1 To 7
    If .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Text = "#N/D!" Then
    .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex = 2
    End If
    Next i
    End With

End Sub

regards

0
andy9699 (3616)
4/22/2009 12:51:32 PM
Hi,

i wrote code in xl07 and saved as 97-2003. i tried to open workbook in =
xl03 but code does not work (no effect)
"#N/D" labels are not whitened.

rgs

U=BFytkownik "Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> napisa=B3 w wiadomo=B6ci =
> Hi,
>=20
> The code works in xl03 if the workbook is saved as 97-03 compatible.
> Add a break point on the first line and step through the code to see =
if all=20
> the lines are executed as expected.
>=20
> Cheers
> Andy
> --=20
>=20
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "God Itself" <god@heaven.in> wrote in message=20
> Hi,
>=20
> i have sheet's code which works perfecly in Excel 2007, but nothing =
happens=20
> in excel 2003. No error occurs. what may be the cause?
>=20
> Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()'white label when value =3D NA()
>=20
>    With Workbooks("chart").Sheets("tmp").Shapes("Wykres=20
> 1").DrawingObject.Chart
>    For i =3D 1 To 7
>    .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex =3D 0
>    Next i
>    For i =3D 1 To 7
>    If .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Text =3D "#N/D!" Then
>    .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex =3D 2
>    End If
>    Next i
>    End With
>=20
> End Sub
>=20
> regards=20

0
god (5)
4/22/2009 1:39:53 PM
Hi,

The code itself works, at least in my testing. So you will have to debug
your code in your workbook.
In the VBE place your cursor on the With  statement. Press F9 to add a break
point, the line should be highlighted in red.
Now when the event is triggered you will be entered into debug mode at that
line. You can then use F8 to step through each line of code.

You can see if the code loops properly and whether the IF test is applied
and passed.

is the text "#N/D!" or "#N/D"

Cheers
Andy
--

U�ytkownik "Andy Pope" <andy@andypope.info> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> Hi,
>
> The code works in xl03 if the workbook is saved as 97-03 compatible.
> Add a break point on the first line and step through the code to see if
> all
> the lines are executed as expected.
>
> Cheers
> Andy
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info
> "God Itself" <god@heaven.in> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i have sheet's code which works perfecly in Excel 2007, but nothing
> happens
> in excel 2003. No error occurs. what may be the cause?
>
> Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()'white label when value = NA()
>
>    With Workbooks("chart").Sheets("tmp").Shapes("Wykres
> 1").DrawingObject.Chart
>    For i = 1 To 7
>    .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex = 0
>    Next i
>    For i = 1 To 7
>    If .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Text = "#N/D!" Then
>    .SeriesCollection(1).Points(i).DataLabel.Font.ColorIndex = 2
>    End If
>    Next i
>    End With
>
> End Sub
>
> regards

0
andy9699 (3616)
4/22/2009 2:05:19 PM
Ok, thanks.

thet text is "#N/D!" - this is the result of NA() function in Polish ver =
of excel ;)

> Hi,
>=20
> The code itself works, at least in my testing. So you will have to =
debug=20
> your code in your workbook.
> In the VBE place your cursor on the With  statement. Press F9 to add a =
break=20
> point, the line should be highlighted in red.
> Now when the event is triggered you will be entered into debug mode at =
that=20
> line. You can then use F8 to step through each line of code.
>=20
> You can see if the code loops properly and whether the IF test is =
applied=20
> and passed.
>=20
> is the text "#N/D!" or "#N/D"
>=20
> Cheers
> Andy

0
god (5)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Excel button problem

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

how do i increase font size beyond 72
highlighting figure in font size box and trying to put larger number in myself does not do it. is there another way? thanks High-light the number, type your number, hit return. It that doesn't work for you, on the toolbar, format, font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Polly Vincent" <Polly Vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BDAEB5E-C30C-4721-BB51-F89C1B4332E2@microsoft.com... > highlighting figure in font ...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Excel VBA

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit