Data Series Labels in Area Chart

Hello-

I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area chart,
and three in line format.  Got the chart created, but the data series labels
for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks awkward.
Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot?  I
don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart.
0
Reb (11)

Hi,

The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment.

Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has
the options to align data labels. You can format the line series to have
no marker or line. And you can also delete the series from the legend.

Otherwise you could use Rob Bovey's chart labeler to re-position the
areas data labels.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment.
>
> Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has
> the options to align data labels. You can format the line series to have
> no marker or line. And you can also delete the series from the legend.
>
> Otherwise you could use Rob Bovey's chart labeler to re-position the
> areas data labels.
> http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Reb wrote:
> > Hello-
> >
> > I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area chart,
> > and three in line format.  Got the chart created, but the data series labels
> > for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks awkward.
> > Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot?  I
> > don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart.
>
> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Reb (11)
9/1/2006 2:40:02 PM
You can also drag the label by hand. But you have to select an individual
label. The first click on a label selects the series of labels, even if
there's just one label. You need a second single click to select the label.
When it is surrounded by a gray border, you can drag it where you want with
the mouse.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Reb" <Reb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks.  Downloaded the chart labeler and it worked!
>
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment.
>>
>> Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has
>> the options to align data labels. You can format the line series to have
>> no marker or line. And you can also delete the series from the legend.
>>
>> Otherwise you could use Rob Bovey's chart labeler to re-position the
>> areas data labels.
>> http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
>>
>> Cheers
>> Andy
>>
>> Reb wrote:
>> > Hello-
>> >
>> > I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area
>> > chart,
>> > and three in line format.  Got the chart created, but the data series
>> > labels
>> > for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks
>> > awkward.
>> > Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot?
>> > don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>> http://www.andypope.info

0