Data series label in Stacked Chart

Let me explain by an example:

I am making a Stacked Chart for 1st Quarter of Sales from dffierent Staff

Month	Staff	Sales
Jan	A	100
Jan	B	200
Feb	A	400
Mar	C	100
Mar	D	600

Staff B has record in Jan only. When I choose to show the data series on the
Stacked Chart, the name of B appear on Feb and Mar also at 0 level. I want
the name of Staff B Data series label only appear in Jan.

How can the chart show the data series label which has data(sales) only?
0
Connie (70)

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

Stacked Line Chart
I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the whole group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the 3rd line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from the previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines? Sure it's possible, but I don't know what you mean, "it picks up the line from the previous stacked line". Stacked means each line's value is added to the previous total, so if the value of the third it...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

How do I create an area and line combination chart?
I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? Hi, Ignore the built-in combinations and create your own. Start with creating a Line chart with your data. Then select the line series that you want as an area chart. Right click and pick Chart Type to select the required Area chart type. Cheers Andy Nuala wrote: > I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it > is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://ww...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

Stock High-Low-Close Chart
Is it possible to produce a Hi-Lo-Close chart with reversed axes - ie with the Hi-Lo bars horizontal rather than vertical? The normal HLC chart has stocks listed along the x axis and price up the y axis. How would I switch this around? I want to display a series of stocks listed down the y axis and the hilo price range given across the x-axis. Thanks for any advice on this. Tim, Assuming your data is first set up like this and cover the range A1:D8: High Close Low Conoco 41 39.5 38 Exxon 42 40.5 39 Shell 41 39.5 38 Baker 40 38.5 37 Halliburton 39 37.5 36 Marathon 40 38.5 37 Diamond 40...

Money Data
I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything new that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to store the data externally. I can store the backup in a variety of places, however, I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks You can copy your .mny file to any media you like using the normal Windows tools from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also usually backup to these media using browse from within the M...

Cannot copy & paste to a mailing label template
I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word. After deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a whole page of return address labels. I just couldn't get it to work. Any suggestions? Rather than starting with a full sheet of blank labels, why not use the label wizard? Can you explain "just couldn't get it to work"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummie...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

Macro to Print labels in Word
Does anybody know of an Outlook (2003) macro that has been written to print labels in Word (2003)? If there is one, it might be listed at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm . You can also just use a mail merge, you know. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Bob S" <drbobsing@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehiHZJeXEHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of an Outlook (2003) macro that has been ...

data entry problem
I am trying to make a detailed sheet of some inventory data whic changes each month. The first sheet just has general data, but ther are more columns on the second sheet with varying expanded details Column A - product number Column B - color Column C - available Column D - Misc notes (may or may not be filled in) [SHEET 1] Month 1 A B C D 2310 blue yes 2348 red M/R must sell soon 2362 blue no (some text data in-between) 2405 red M/R need to be redone 2450 grn yes sell cheap 2477 wh yes Month 2 (new ones may be added, and sold item t...

WAY to make tracking /order numbers for cut stacks !
IS there ANYONE who knows how to make a formula or a process that can make tracking numbers 4 to a page down not across a cut 1/4 stack ? That means once i cut a pile of 8.5x11 sheets in 4 quarters.. each stack is numericly in order . Because so far i been posting this question in MS Office help ..NOT 1 soul CAN figure this out !! WHAT gives?? I realize that some volenteer ..and are not payed for helping..and this may be some part of the reason of discrepency. james wrote: > IS there ANYONE who knows how to make a formula or a process that can make > tracking numbers 4 to a page ...

Data counting
hi there, I need a solution for excel. Sheet1. This worksheet excists of a column DATE where a user can fill in dates. These dates are of the format: dd/mm/yyyy . And a column AMOUNT. Where a user can fill in an amount. This amount is of the format: number, decimal 2 for example: 05/07/2005 | 15,30 12/07/2005 | 34,80 12/07/2005 | 8,50 12/07/2005 | 12,90 20/07/2005 | 5,00 20/07/2005 | 7,50 24/07/2005 | 100,60 What I want to accomplish is the following. Excel has to make a SOM from the amounts per date. and list these SOMs on sheet2. in the format: 05/07/2005 | 15,30 12/07/2005 | 56,20 ...

Excel 2002 annoyance
Greetings List I am using Excel XP amd Access XP I regularly run queries in Access and cut and paste the results into a new Excel spreadsheet. The Access data is usually formatted numeric, fixed, zero decimal places. Once pasted into Excel, it gains 2 decimal places and I get the little green triangle in each cell inviting me to convert to numeric of error check etc. Can anyone think of a way to retain the numeric formatting from the MS Access data? Regards George ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet mess...

Stop Chart Style (Format) Update
Hi TWIMC, I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a pivot table that aggregates data based on REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE etc etc. Once I have set up the chart they way that I would like it to look, if I then make a change to the selection using the pivot chart buttons, e.g. I select a country and the chart re-formats itself back to what appears to be the default style. I've set my chart style to the default but it still doesn't keep my chart style. What I want is that the chart style remains the same but the new values are just plotted onto the chart. I'm sure there is an option to turn ...

How do I not plot items with zero in a data series?

Change Y axes (Categories) on line chart
I have a line chart. I am happy with my X axis categories, which say something like "Term 1", "Term 2", "Term 3" etc However my Y axis reflects the actual values (eg Points scored) that I wish to chart, whereas I want it to contain descriptive terms such as "Grade C", "Grade B" etc I have read Jon Peltier on how to change axis by creating a dummy series in a scatter graph. Problem is that if I change to a scatter chart, I lose my X axis.values that I am happy with. I suppose that I could then fix this by using Jon's solution twice: o...

Copier Series
Our copier series broke when we went from Great Plains 7.5 to 8.0. Does anyone know why this is? We didn't worry because we didn't use it much, but now we have a need to copy sales orders. Is there a way to troubleshoot or repair just this tool? I can't find any info on it on CustomerSource. Hi, can you provide more info? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "Kelly Jensen" <KellyJens...

How do I display data from multiple worksheets in a summary sheet.
I have over 100 worksheets which are layout exactly the same. I want to create a summary sheet to display only certain information from all of them...like name, sales total, numbers of calls. I don't want to consolidate or tally the information just display them. Does anyone know how to do this? Many ways to skin this cat =Sheet1!C4 =Sheet1!C4 ... If the sheets will be always be accessible in an open workbook you could use =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()&"!C4") In a macro you could use For i = 1 To 100 Cells(i, 1).FormulaR1C1 = &qu...

How do print a chart with smooth lines?
I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with smooth edges. Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks I've got the same question. Is there any way to smooth the lines? "AmyC79" wrote: > I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with > smooth edges. Does anyone know how this is done? > > Thanks The only workaround I could come up with was to draw an elipse over the pie chart. I set the color in the middle of the elipe to no fill and made the line thickness "2" to cover the jagged pie circle....

Sparkline Charts
Hi, How can i create sparkline charts in excel 2003 Hi, To do it easily, you'll need to dowload one of the many add-ins available. With a bit of fiddlinh, you can generate some chart types which can be made small enough to fit in a single, slightly enlarged cell. Another way is to use a panel chart. Dave "Raiju" wrote: > Hi, > > How can i create sparkline charts in excel 2003 You can use the free Excel add-in I created. Download and examples files are available at http://sparklines-excel.blogspot.com/. Sparklines for excel is an open source project hosted by S...

Sort numeric data in more than 3 columns in excel
Hi All, I have to sort 12 columns of numeric data in descending order on a excel worksheet. I currently sort 3 at a time and then move forward. For example, I have sales data for months Jan to Dec. I want each of these columns to show zeros at the bottom when the macro is run. The rows would increase in future but the columns would be fixed. The worksheet would also remains unchanged each month. None of these columns are of least significance. Is there a way I could change a recorded macro to achieve this?? I know very little of VB. This would be of great help! Thanks! All of the columns ...

Excel Data Integration
I'm trying to manipulate the adjust cost and general journal entry in Great Plains 9.0. I'm succesfully set data in the fields of headers but having difficulty on Scrolling window and also in activating radio buttons. Can anybody have a sample code for adding/deleting/getting data from/to scrolling window and email to me at poaps629@yahoo.com ? And I know there is a certain number key for adding a line /data in scrolling window which starts at 16384 of SQCNLINE and increment itself for every line added. It will be nice if I can also acquire how to use this. By the way, I am usi...