Data Point on Graph "39409 versus 11/23/07"

  I have numerous graphs wherein the X Axis represents the DATE.

When I scroll my mouse along the graph line (searching for data points), I
often see the accompanying data as...

                                                 Series 1 Point "39409"
                                                 Value 209
instead of:

                     Series 1 Point "22-Nov"
                     Value 209

HOW CAN I AVOID THE REFERENCE ON THE DATA LINE FROM REFLECTING THE
SERIAL NUMBER INSTEAD OF THE DATE ITSELF???    (such as "22-Nov".)

Thanks,

FLKulchar

What version of Excel are you using. In Excel 2003 I see 22-Nov in the
yellow screen-tip box with Column, Line or XY chart. Tell us more about the
chart.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" <FLawrenceKulchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:57F5C8D0-08FF-4EE0-A16F-AD1536E0BDEE@microsoft.com...
>  I have numerous graphs wherein the X Axis represents the DATE.
>
> When I scroll my mouse along the graph line (searching for data points), I
> often see the accompanying data as...
>
>                                                 Series 1 Point "39409"
>                                                 Value 209
> instead of:
>
>                     Series 1 Point "22-Nov"
>                     Value 209
>
> HOW CAN I AVOID THE REFERENCE ON THE DATA LINE FROM REFLECTING THE
> SERIAL NUMBER INSTEAD OF THE DATE ITSELF???    (such as "22-Nov".)
>
> Thanks,
>
> FLKulchar

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
11/23/2007 1:28:10 PM
The chart is a Combination Chart that does NOT match any of the available
chart types .

I am using Excel 2002 SP3

The range for the "Category (x) axis lables " is:

                          Sheet1!$B$18:$B$550

and the range for Series 1 is:

                         Sheet1!$W$18:$W$550

And, as stated, when I click my mouse along the Series 1 line, I sometimes
get for its value..."39409" instead of 11/23/2007...((Sometimes...but NOT
always).

Please explain, and,
Thank you!!

FLKulchar