data left and right of x axis

tryingt o make a bar chart with values 8,8,3,9,3 i need values under 5 to be
left of vertical axis only and values over 5 to be right... so eight would be
3 places right three would be two places left

hope that makes sense.. i have NO idea how to do this HELP!!!!!
0
vkada1 (1)

Right click on the other axis, choose Format...
On the tab that allows you to enter scale parameters, find 'Axis Crosses At'
or perhaps 'Category Axis Crosses At' (depending on version) and enter 5 in
the box. This will position the crossing axis at 5. The bars will start at
this vertical line and move left or right to the values.

If you want the bars still to begin at zero, consider adding a line:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"vkada1" <vkada1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> tryingt o make a bar chart with values 8,8,3,9,3 i need values under 5 to
> be
> left of vertical axis only and values over 5 to be right... so eight would
> be
> 3 places right three would be two places left
>
> hope that makes sense.. i have NO idea how to do this HELP!!!!!

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

PDF Maker in Office X
I have a 15 page report I did in Word X on my Mac. It has two Sections. = A 1 page cover sheet and then the 14 page report. When I make a PDF=20 out of this, it makes a separate PDF for each section. It doesn't = matter=20 if I use the PDF maker, the PDF maker to email, or the PDF maker in the=20 print dialogue. I have Acrobat Reader and the full Acrobat 6 Pro in the CS package, but=20 I'm using Office to make the PDF. I've been poking around seeing if=20 there is some kind of setting in a preference or something, but can't=20 find anything. Plus what would be the point ...

Import Eudora 5.x into Outlook 2002/XP?
I'm trying to import messages (and, less important, address book) from Windows Eudora Pro 5.x into MS Outlook XP. Doesn't work in Outlook and MS Knowledge Base says it only handles earlier Eudora versions. Qualcomm referred me to emailman.com, but I couldn't find any programs there that say they do it. I'm willing to use an intermediate program or format if necessary. What do you recommend? J. Celoni [e-mail address has dash not period after la] ...

X-Y map of 2 issues with one PIN
I want to map on an x-y chart two issues about 2 to 4 products I want to map the products by 1) there price & 2) there complexity I built the data and the chart but my problem is that I am getting 2 sets of plotted pins - one set is how you would expect in various points on the chart the problem is that there is a second set of plot points that run acroos the bottm of the chart and if you remove that plot range from the chart then the other polt points are no longer dynamic. This use to be easy You need to share some more about what you are doing. What are you plotting? Price...

const data type?
Hi, We know that 2.f denotes it's a float while 2L denotes it's a long integer. How to denote a short integer 2? I read relative inform in MSDN (const data type?) but cannot find it now. Please help. Thanks. Tony On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:43:42 -0700, Tony Young <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We know that 2.f denotes it's a float while 2L denotes it's a long >integer. How to denote a short integer 2? There's no suffix to denote short int literals, but you can use: static_cast<short>(2) Now, the question is, why do you think you ...

Move Outlook data from old PC to new PC
Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? Thanks! Posted here dozens of times each week:=20 http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Ron Hinds asked: | Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? Thanks! Posted several times a day. Never hesitate to read the group before you make us answer it yet again. The file you need is your Personal Folder...

FYI on Chk'ing "Change Hotmail Password Every X Days"
I made the mistake of changing my Live Password and then checking the box for changing it again every X days. I have Hotmail going to Outlook. Time flies & All of a sudden I'd get a Hotmail Password Request Box REPEATEDLY popping-up whenever the Outlook Send/Receive was going. After hours of scratching my head the "Your (Hotmail) Password Has Expired" box Finally surfaced, and after creating a new one all the pop-ups stopped. Use this Change-Password feature with the above possibility in mind. FYI Thanks for sharing - we're seeing a lot a issues with outl...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

How Can I Prevent Data Entry In Same Category on the Same Date?
Hello... I hope that someone can help me. I have a worksheet for which I randomly enter scores for students in several categories throughout the day. Column Headings: Date StudentName Category1 Category2 Category3, etc. I would like for Excel to display a warning message if I attempt to enter a score in the SAME category on the SAME day. Does anyone know how I may do something like this? Thanks!!! Jessi Jessi, Select the Category1 cells, C2:C10 in this example. The dates are in A2:A10. The following presumes C2 is the active (white) cell of your selection. In Data - Valida...

Data Validation Query:
Hi Guys, First Post. I need help with the following: I have a row of cells that is custom formatted as H:MM 1) Users enter their overtime in hours and minutes (H:MM) What I am trying to do is have data validation that they can only put their overtime H:MM 2) I try and validate their input by going to DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW | CUSTOM | and custom = H:MM For some reason this will not work. Does anybody know how to get this working? Any Help would be much appreciated. Rgds, Bw --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can choose "Time" from the Allow list...

Converting imported data
Hi all, Apologies if this has been asked before - did a search of the messages but didnt find the info. I have a database of accidents. The entries in the date field are all in the American format, i.e. 11/04/03. I need the UK format, 04/11/03 as my UK PC doesnt recognise these as dates. Is there a quick way of converting this column of over 1000 entries so that I can sort the data? Be gentle - I'm no expert on Excel. Many thanks, Shaun "Shawk" <shaunha@lineone.net.3-guesses> wrote in message news:bo7pi5$ks3$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Hi all, > > Apolo...

Importing Excel Data
I'm receiving the following error message when I try to import a MS Excel 2007 file into Access 2007 (into a new table): The search key not found on any record. Then it tells me the file will not be imported. I've looked at the Excel file and don't see anything wrong with it -- any suggestions? Thanks! -- Jen Scott Look here: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-92702.html Seems to be related to indexes. Regards Kevin "Jen Scott" <JenScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56037922-D70F-41...

Pivot Tables, refreshing with additional data
This is probably obvious, but I can't figure it out or find it anywhere. I have a pivot table. At its simplest, it has "Ink Types" in rows, "Date" in Columns and Sum of "QTY" as data. I have grouped the Date fields by Month and Year This pivot table is based on a table on another sheet that contains specific sales data, with the date in mm/dd/yy format. If I select the specific rows in the data table that contain data, I can create my pivot table and everything is hunky-dory. However, I want to keep adding to this table, as new sales are posted. S...

How do I label data points in a scatter graph
Hello, I am trying to label a data point in a scatter plot but it keeps returning the x value. I'd like to have the store # instead. Basically I have Store #, Acceptance % and $ Value Eligible. Right now I have Acceptance % as my x-value and $ Value Eligible as my y- value. I'd like the plot point to return the store # assoicated with the x and y value. On Oct 26, 8:43 am, Justin <JustinFeh...@iowatelecom.net> wrote: > Hello, I am trying to label a data point in a scatter plot but it > keeps returning the x value. I'd like to have the store # instead. > Basical...

X-axis exponential n^1.85 #2
I am currently taking a Fire Hydraulics Course and I am trying to figure out how to create a Graph with the X-axis spacing of n^1.85. I have tried different things and I am now looking for assistance. The graph/chart looks like this PDF: http://www.firesprinkler.org/downloads/AFSA-202.pdf Thanks Chris See my post on the same topic at http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?p=526129#526129 -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <1160016098.743731.273370@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups...

Splitting Data in a cell, left or right of a separator.
I need to split some data in a cell to the right of a separator, which is a colon. eg: "CONSUMABLE:HPC92298X" Would someone be able to point me in the right direction.. many thanks, Ross One way is to use Data > Text to Columns Select the column Click Data > Text to columns (Delimited) Click Next In step 2: Type a colon in the "Other:" box Click Finish -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "ross" <ross_anderson57@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01AD4975-1539-411E-B5D8-04B569268783@microsoft.c...

bar chart on 2 axis
I am trying to create a bar chart. I have 9 series for which each have 2 sets of data value. I want to create a bar chart where each series is represented by 1 bar, with the chart having one set of values along the x axis and one along the y axis. I am having great difficulty with this. Can you help at all? Full instructions are found at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Hannah" <Hannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED02B24D-AEA9-40E0-8D8C-4199...

count recurring yes/no type data
I am not sure if this is possible..... I am working in a large spreadsheet containing inventory counts. I want to be able to display if an item is growing over period of months. Is there a way to do a count or something that would return the number of months this would be increasing, 0=no increase, 1=increase? Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Answer 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:F2=1),--(B2:G2=1))+1 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with g...

Default Data/Log Folder for a SQL Instance?
I know that the default data and log folders for an instance are stored in the registry. I know how to obtain a list of all available SQL Instances on the network using the SqlDataSourceEnumerator static class. But is there a .NET way of getting the default data/log folders for any of the returned instances without accessing the registry of the server the instance resides on? "Joe Cool" <joecool1969@live.com> wrote in message news:da54313f-4aba-4fd7-9390-9b30e58b8422@c36g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I know that the default data and log folders for an instance ...

Roaming Profile Missing data
My roaming profile does not work entirely. Some information from my main computer will not appear on another computer when logging into the same profile account. Tested with text files on desktop. They do not appear. However, they do appear in the server folder. Why are they not replicating to the new desktop? On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Dan Mazur <Dan Mazur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My roaming profile does not work entirely. Some information from my main >computer will not appear on another computer when logging into the same >profile account. Tes...

How do you combine subform data with mainform data?
Hello, I have simple project tracking database. The mainform is used to enter data about each project for four company divisions. The subform is tracks tasks for every project. However, each project may not have tasks. How can I create a report which shows data for ALL projects including tasks by division? When I combine these two, only those projects with tasks are included (I assume because a record was created for the task). My report keeps excluding projects with no tasks. Main table is linked to related table (one-to-many) via ProjectID: Main: ProjectID - primary key ProjectName...

Exel Data Entry
When entering data into an excel spreadsheet, it starts to recognise repetitive words being used which is very handy and time saving, however, one of the columns has stopped recognising anything. There are no blank spaces and I can't understand why it has stopped picking up the previous words. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks! If there are many similar entries, Autocomplete may appear to stop working, because so many letter must be entered before a unique match is found. Or if you're far from the previous entry, it may not be detected, as described in the fo...

If conditions for Data Entry Form
I have a excel database that I track multiple entries based on customer ID #s. Depending on the ID # depends on what sheet the data goes on. Each sheet is set up the same way, in a couple of the columns I have the vlookup formula that looks up the ID # that is typed in and if it is listed on the appointment sheet, that sheet tracks all the appointments, the vlookup (in column A of all the sheets) will display the appointment date (if one exist) otherwise it would be blank. What I need to know is two things: First is it possible to have the form put the new data on the proper s...

limiting data in a pivot table
I have a pivot table that is sorted by location, then machine, then has a list of downtime which is totaled by machine. What I want to do is only display the machine that are over a certain amount. I cant use the options to display the top so many because that constantly changes. ...

Possiblity of Two X Axis Graph
I need to compare 2008 sales against 2009 sales side by side in asingle graph. My data is given below PERIOD-09 Jan 09 Feb 09 Mar 09 Apr 09 SALES-09 2500 2550 2230 3100 PERIOD-08 Jan 08 Feb 08 Mar 08 Apr 08 SALES-08 1900 1990 2301 2900 Any solution? Fowmy Add a helper column and just display month =MONTH(SerialDate) Use that for the X axis. That may be the easiest way assuming you are only looking at a calendar year. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Fowmy" wrote: > I need to compare 2008 sales against 2009 sales side by side in asingle graph. > My data is given below...

How do I stop excel graphing missing (#N/A) data?
I am trying to create a line graph with a series of data that contains #N/A "values" (which is generated through a formula) eg Month: Jan Feb Mar Apr Ma Weight: 3 6 9 #N/A Problem is excel will create a line between the March and May figures rather than leaving a gap in the line. Otherwise it then looks like I have the April data which I don't....argh!! I can change the formulas to produce something other that #N/A, eg "" but this causes the line to dip to zero Any help most appreciated Excel has no true missing value. ...