data labels in charts

This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to
chart again.

I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to
2000  from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis.   I have
entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below.  When
I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the
horizontal axis does not include the years as labels.  The labels that appear
are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000.  How do I make the chart pick
up the data labels from column "A"?

I used to make charts a long time ago and I never remembered this being a
problem.

Thanks anyone.

--
Carol

Hi,

Simplest thing is to remove the text 'Year' from A1.
The chart you have created contains 2 series. Where the first series is
the years and the second the Unemployed values.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

find data and autopaste when found

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

difference between 2 lines in a scatter chart
I have created a scatter chart with two lines. The x axis is divided up into 10 parts and labeled 10, 20, 30, 40, etc. What I want to do is calculate the distance between the two lines between the x values of 40 and 60. Does anyone know how to to that? Thank you in advance. -- prd02003 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ prd02003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25762 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391727 How did you generate the lines? Are they from the data directly...