Data Labels - I Only Want One

Using X-Y Scatter Plot charts in Excel 2007, I am having trouble getting just
one data label to appear for a data series.  After selecting just one data
point, I right click and select Add Data Label.  I am then provided with the
Y-value, though I am looking to display the X-value.  After right clicking on
the lone data label and selecting Format Data Labels, I select X Value and
unselect Y Value, which turns on all of the X-values for all of the points.
Is there an easier way to get one or two X-value labels than turning them all
on and then deleting the ones that I don't want?
0
DanielG (6)

Trouble importing Quicken 2004 data
I have used Money for years and am very used to it. I got married this year and my new wife is used to using Quicken so I have all this year's data in Quicken 2004. I thought I would see if I could transfer data back into Money, as there are various aspects of Quicken that I don't like - having got used to Money's way of doing it and which I prefer. I downloaded the trial version of Money 2004 Deluxe and when I import data, I get all the accounts imported, but the entries are empty. Has anyone any suggestions as to what I am either doing wrong or I can do to correct this ...

Export or Print multiple reports from one Access Report by Group
I have a sales report that is grouped by Salesperson. Each salesperson has multiple pages of the report and I need to either print it or export it to PDF as individual reports for each salesperson. Is there a way to export/print the report into seperate reports for each Salesperson? Thanks. I am pretty new to Access, but I have figured out how to get the report in the structure I want it. I just can't get the information out of the program in the format. I can print as one PDF document and then go and cut that up in Adobe, but I wanted to see if Access could do it for me and save ...

Replace/modify standard data form?
Hi, I want to replace the standard data form, which is used to maintain data sets in an excel table, by a user defined form (alternatively I would like to modify the standard form). Does anybody know if/how this is possible? Thanks, Axel Axel, Going to need more information I'm afraid. Can you explain further or send an example? -- Jon Quixley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=3985...

how do I enter data from 1 spreadsheet to another many times
I have on one page the basic data in singular line form, To translate this to a more readable form I made another page in the folder into a more readable form of which I can print and use away from the computer. I would like to know how can I use the form to copy the required data without the labor intensive re-entering in each form of a new form for each line in the oringinal data sheet. is there a formula or set of instructions that will do this automatically copying the desired cell onto the new page without all of the work? I hope I have expalined myself claearly since I'm a nov...

Copy Data from SubForm Field to Main Form Field
How do you tell Access to copy data from a field in a subform to a similar field in the main form? See www.allenbrowne.com "ridgerunner" wrote: > How do you tell Access to copy data from a field in a subform to a similar > field in the main form? Are you referring to the section entitled "Referring to Controls on a Subform"? Will this actually place of copy of the subform field information into the main form report and, therefore, into the underlying main table? "Golfinray" wrote: > See www.allenbrowne.com > > "ridgerunner" wr...

Code stops for one user, like it has a breakpoint
I have a user where the code stops at this line like it has a breakpoint, but it doesn't. There is no issue on my system. myUserName = Environ("USERNAME") When the user presses F5, it continues to run. Has anyone seen this and what do I need it to do to run without stopping? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb The only thing that stikes me about this is the case. I run several files in here that are used by about 50 people every days. Environ("UserName") has never given us a problem (note the use of Proper Case rather than your UPPER). -- ...

Export data to a closed workbook
Hi, Can someone help me with code that record data in a closed workbook? Tanks Luis ...

Setting Column Width on Imported Data
Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to set the column width of a column I am importing to Excel from Access. I need this column for what I'm doing in the Excel file, but I don't want it so wide, or would even like it hidden. Problem is everytime the data gets updated the column goes back to really wide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lori. ...

coalesce excel data
I developed a data logger for a computer simulation that people interact with. The logged data is stored in a tab deliminated text format. That data can be imported into Excel. I bring in different subjects and have them test the simulation while I log their usage of the simulation. I would like to be able to coalesce the logged data of all the different subjects data into meaningful statistics about the simulation. I can log the data by time or by room the person is in the simulation. The data logged per time slice or per room is health, amount of object 1, amount of object 2, etc. So it woul...

Separating data into new sheet
Hi guys, I have the following data on worksheet "Sheet1" Code Value A 1000 B 200 A 100 C 150 B 300 B 200 C 400 I have worksheet "Sheet2" that I want user to input what CODE they want to IMPORT... Let say A then on "Sheet2" i would get: Code Value A 1000 A 100 It is a combination of sorting, copying and moving the wanted data to the targeted sheet. Is there an excel feature/solution that does this? or a VB code is needed? Thanks in advance ...

download data from internet, piece by piece
I am writing a app that downloads html source file from internet while parsing it. I do not want to download all the source html. once I find the piece I am looking for, I want to terminate the process. I am using ::URLOpenBlockingStream, but it download all html file before return. Is there any other function similar to ::URLOpenBlockingStream but can be controled? Thanks, John homecurr@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<2d5d0ce4.0406081012.23eccc31@posting.google.com>... > I am writing a app that downloads html source file from internet while > parsing it. I do not want to down...

What Excel macro puts data in the NEXT row of a sheet?
I have a list of data in col B of sheet 2 which I need to copy and transpose into sheet 1, then delete the data in sheet 2 to use the form again to copy and transpose onto the next line in sheet 1. I have tried with a macro shortcut I've called ctrl + e. (I am really using the data form process but cannot because I have too many inputs). Is there a simple macro I can copy and paste? ...

Error in coding going from one computer to another.
I have a database that works great on my laptop where it was created. I placed it on our server but I am the only one who can access and work with it. Everyone else gets an error for the String. Any suggestions? This is the actual error: Private Sub Combo230_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[Quality Plan ID] = " & Str(Nz(Me![Combo230], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark End Sub where ther error is at 'Str'. Thank you Dyper How about telling us t...

How to change cell data from all upper to title case
I need to change several columns of data from all upper case to Title Case. What formula should I use & How can I apply the formula to the data in each cell? Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case, and can be copied from cell to cell to apply the formula to your data. Check out the Proper() function. It changes any case to title case and you can copy it to a range of cells to apply it to your data. You have other answers showing the use of the PROPER Function to act upon one cell at a time. If you want to change many cells at once you will need a mac...

want to turn PT row data into column data
original data: name win loss score paul 1 325 Jane 0 1 225 walt 1 400 nancy 0 200 jane 1 300 nancy 1 200 paul 1 365 walt 1 350 when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation) paul win 2 loss 0 avg 345 jane win 1 loss 1 avg 260 walt win 1 loss 1 avg 375 nancy win 0 loss 2 avg 200 but this is what I would like: name win loss avg Paul 2 0 345 Jane 1 1 260 walt 1 1 375 nancy 0 2 200 ---------------------------- HOw? tx phynkel, Grab the g...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Support for more than one Sch. C?
Does Money Small Business 2004 Support more than one Schedule C? I have 2 sole proprietorships and my wife is a Self Employed Realtor sole proprietor. We file Jointly and need to keep track of income and expenses for at least 2 and preferably 3 or more Schedule C's plus all our personal expenses. If Money does not support multiple schedule C's directly, does any one know how we can do this better than the following? We are presently using Quicken Premier Home and Business 2004 with a different number series for each business but they are all connected to the same Sch C cat...

Help Sorting Data
I have the following columns of information and need to setup a formula that will give me the total by location, by dept, then by g/l account. DEPT G/L Account Bakersfield Fleet 42101 $10.00 Fleet 42101 $125.00 S & D 42101 $35.00 MEM 42199 $10.00 Fleet 23099 $1,000.00 I will then point to the cell containing the final cost number. Example: Bakersfield, Department Fleet, G/L Account 42101 $1,145 Look at the Subtotal function, or a Pivot Table. Regards, Fred "dh1069"...

Data Migration Framework Installation Problems 02-08-05
Hello When attempting to install the Data Migration Framework to our dev server I am able to run through the enitre wizard using the defaults. The program thenstarts the Loading Data Migration Framework page which runs for aprox thirty seconds then takes me to the final screen with the following: "The wizard was interupted before the Microsoft CRM Data Migration Framework could be completely installed. your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again." if I do run setup again I get the same scenario. I am running the set up...

Move one cell to another
I need to copy the content of one cell to another when a different cell is greater than 239. Example: if N20 is greater than R20(value 239) then copy the content of B20 to S20. OR A method to delete all records that have a value less than 240 in column N. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike -- Mike Formula in S20: =IF(N20>R20,B20,"") best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219BB2BA-6CEF-4E74-AB00-DCFCEB84BAED@micro...

Income / expense / net comparison over 4 years in one chart
How do I create a chart that compares the Income, Expense and Net Income across multiple years (4-5 years)? By "Income" do you really mean net revenue? Due to the potential changes in magnitude of gross revenue, net revenue, total expense, and net operating income, I would suggest creating three seperate graphs. The first graph would show net revenue, the second total expense, and the last net operating income. This approach would be much simpler for you to create as well as for the viewer to understand than trying to combine all three components. I would use a simple ba...

Charts different data sources
Hi, My problem. I have a workbook with more than 50 worksheets. All the worksheet have the same structure and each I would like to embed 3 different chart, one for income, other for cost and another for Ebitda. I would like to make a template for each chart and copy for the others worksheet. Questions: 1 - How can I make this dynamic as I would like to choose hom many months I would like to show in each chart? 2 - How I keep the reference for the data source in each worksheet? I tried to use the functions offset, 3d range and others functions but I could�t make them work. Can somebo...

How can I import "Packed" mainframe data into Excel?
I've copied a file from an IBM Mainframe computer to my PC and need to do some analysis in Excel. Some of the fields in the file are "packed" - for example, the format of one field is " P(9.2). On the mainframe, that takes up six bytes, so $5.90 is stored as "00000000059F" (the last bit is the sign). This is NOT "hex" but an old convention that breaks each byte (EBCDIC 8-bit) into two, 4-bit parts and stores one decimal value in each part. Suggestions about how I can get this format into Excel without having to re-format the data in a mainframe ...

Anyone know how to use hex formula that reads a cell? I want to .
Anyone know how to write macro/formula that will convert "a column" of Hex to decimal? I'm looking for a hex conversion by cell content, rather than hard coded value in "quotes". How about the Hex2Dec worksheet function found in the analysis toolpak. See Excel Help on the Hex2Dec function for details. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "KarenSue33" <KarenSue33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD60372E-351F-4A73-8957-DF685D0F7EDD@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to write macro/formula that will convert "a column" of Hex to >...

Data conversion on import
I'm importing data from an Excel spreadsheet and Access *refuses* to import a column that has a model number that is sometimes text and sometimes a number. In excel, I've done a 'format cells' and defined all as text, to no avail. Access won't treat the numbers as text. Ironically, it imports the text ones just fine. I suppose I could prefix all the model numbers with 'XX' or something, but that seems pretty cheesy. WHAT am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated! -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgV2hpdHRsZQ==...