data labels disappear from graph when i close the worksheet

I have added datalabels to a bar graph. But they go away when i close the
worksheet despite having saved the changes. Could any one elt me know why
this is happening?
Thanks

0
Art1645 (139)

Labels 10-06-04
How can I print a single label from the CRM??? I can not believe that printing labels are not a function that is standard using the web client! If I knew that before I purchased I would have looked at other CRM vendors. Very disappointed DE Cheer up! There is a free add-in from c360 that gives a button to enable you to extract an address from CRM and paste it to any Windows application , so you can easily produce a single label www.c360.com HTH Peter "DE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:383101c4abde$df6fc4f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I...

Cleaning up data in pivot tables
I was wondering if there is a way to delete data that is no longer valid off of a pivot table. Even after changing the source data, old field data still shows up that isn't in the source data any longer. I know I can hide them on the table but how do you hide or get rid of them altogether in the drop down menus for the selected fields? Thanks. You have to refresh the pivot table. MRO "Tia" <tiana_izumita@balboainsurance.com> wrote in message news:33a001c3740b$ed4b1950$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I was wondering if there is a way to delete data that is > no longe...

worksheets gone
I've been doing some mail merge, and suddenly with no apparent reason my Excel worksheets are not showing up. When I click on Excel icon, one part of a sheet will come up (like beginning w/ D89). The other two worksheet tabs don't show up at all on the bottom like usual. Please help me asap. I am dying here. bob ...

How calculate the area below a curve in a graph?
I have a set of data. I've created a graph (standart type:line). Now I would like to know the area below the curve. Hello I am not aware of any Excel function that does that automatically. In general you can use integration to calculate the area under the curve / line. Suppose you had... x y 0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3 If you plot that data you get a straight line of equation y = x i.e 0=0 , 1=1 etc. If you integrate y = x you have y = (x^2)/2. For the whole area below the line use x values 0 and 3. So if x = 3 then y = 4.5. If x = 0 then y = 0. Subtract one from ...

How can I export outlook (Office 2000) calendar data to excel
The import/export wizard prompts me to install using the Office 2002 disc but I only have the Office 2000 (Premium) disc. The wizard won't recognise this disc. Richard <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The import/export wizard prompts me to install using the Office 2002 > disc but I only have the Office 2000 (Premium) disc. In Outlook, click Help>About and report what version of Outlook appears there. What you say above indicates that, while some of Office may be Office 2000, Outlook, at least, is Outlook 2002. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can I create a static link between Excel and Outlook contact data.
I have contact information in my excel spreadsheet that I update manually. I would like to link these fields to my Outlook cantact data instead. Can this be done and how? You can link to data in Outlook from Excel using VBA and navigating through the Outlook Object Model. I have posted an example file to http://www.Galimi.com/Examples/Outlook.xls Following is the code that should be enough to complete what you wish to accomplish: http://HelpExcel.com Sub getOutlook() Set myOLAPP = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") 'Dim myOLAPP As New Outlook.Application Set...

Move data folder
I recently had to move my Outlook from my C drive to my D drive on the same computer. I am unable for many reasons to store data on my C drive, and will need to move the data file from the Outlook to my D drive. I have tried changing it through "add" in the file management folder, i have tried by moving the file and waiting for a prompt from Outlook, and nothing seems to work. I have Xp and Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can anyone help me move the file? Thanks! What happens when you try each method? "Leah S" <schwarzs@012.net.il> wrote in message news:1154331830.635301....

My Y-axis label is cut off in Excel charts
When I create charts in Excel the Y-axis label is cut-off. It prints fine, but when I export the charts to other Microsoft documents (Word, Powerpoint) the cut-off label is still there and does not print out right. This is a known bug. A workaround is to add some periods to the end of the text and format these (font colour) so they invisible. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "tex_brazil" <tex_brazil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA0324BC-987E-412E-B3D0-5E1CB2623305@microsoft.com... > When I create ...

Excel 2007, Sort data by no. similar entries?
Is it possible with Excel 2007 to sort data by the number of similar entries within a column? I.E Row1 Row2 1977 Andrew 1980 Andrew 1960 Rachel 1950 Rachel 1940 Rachel 1965 John What I want to be able to do is sort data in Row2 so that Rachel shows 1st as she has 3 entries, then Andrew and finally John as he only has a single instance, is this possible? Thanks, Andrew. How about using a helper column? I read your row1 as column1 and row2 as column2, and put the formula like "=COUNTIF(B$1:B$6,B1)" into C1 and copy it down to C6. then , sort the table b...

Update stock data from net.
Using Money 2004 Canadian verision I can not update the stocks. It says it downloaded the data but it is not there. This just started Also backup to disc stopped working as well as Portfolio button. ...

... has encountered a problem and needs to close...
Whenever I try to close Outlook I get the message 'Microsoft Outlook has encontered a problem and needs to close'. I use Outlook 2002 - AppVer: 10.0.6626.0 What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this crash? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d06201c4399c$4329f0c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I try to close Outlook I get the > message 'Microsoft Outlook has encontered a problem an...

Combining data
I'm sure there is a formula out there to do this, but I'm not finding any help in the help function in excel. I have one worksheet for each day of the month with data. I'm looking to take the data from each of those sheets and dump it all into one "summary sheet" instead of having to copy and paste each day (I'm not looking to summarize any of it). If a new sheet is added, I would like to have the data added to the bottom of the "summary sheet" Any suggestions as to how to do this? Hi, Ron has a macro to do that look into http://www.r...

Linest Poly Array using data horizontally #2
All of our metrics store data horizontally, meaning Months (x) are stored by column and data series (y) are stored in rows below the months... Mo: 1 -- 2 -- 3--4 -- 5 Data 31 -- 33 -- 36 -- 38 -- 39 When I apply any Order Poly Linest() array on the data set, I get errors. Tranpose the data vertically and the Linest() array works. Any advice? ...

Change Gradient Fill Colors of Bar Chart data points
I’m trying to modify the gradient fill colors of single data points on a bar charts (in Excel 2007). The bar chart already has gradient fills defined manually. I think I need to alter different child properties of .Interior, not the ..ColorIndex property that would apply to non-gradient fills. I’ve waded through the object model and help file and tried all kind of syntaxes, but can’t get at the gradient without raising an error such as “Run-time error ‘1004′: Application-defined or Object-defined error” or “Run-time error ‘438′: Object doesn’t support this property or method”. ...

Public Constant not visible in worksheet?
Office / Excel 2003 SP3 XP Pro SP3 I'm writing some code that I'd like to be available to every worksheet in the workbook, and for a variety of reasons I'm trying to avoid using PERSONAL.XLS and/or addins. [The object of the exercise is to allow any user within the organization to be able to utilize the macros in this workbook as long as (s)he has a standard Office installation.] I've written sub procedures in a standard module in the workbook / project that are called from a Worksheet_Changed event .... the code works as expected. My problem is when I attempted to rep...

Protect a worksheet
I have worksheet protection setup on a excel worksheet. I want to know if there is a way to prevent users from highlighting the page and creating their own worksheet so they can make changes. As of right now, the worksheet prevents any changes but people have been highlighting, copying and pasting to a new worksheet so they can make changes. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks, Jasper "Jaz" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uQFtaYgEGHA.1032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have worksheet protection setup on a excel worksheet. > > I want to know if there i...

My Portfolio Disappeared
Been using Money for 5 years. Just got a new computer with an OEM version of Money 2004. I also enrolled in MSN Money and uploaded my portfolio to it. Everything was fine until today when I went to back up the file and passport asked me if I wanted to upload. I signed in and uploaded. I had to reopen the file and I now am missing my entire portfolio. Where did it go and how can I get it back? It shows as accounts in MSN Money. This is really weird. Worst part is I can't use my back-up because it was overwritten without the portfolio. ...

Data>Validation Question
Hello and greetings from South Texas (very cold). I've created a simple spreadsheet report with six different categories (columns). In two of those categories I implemented drop down lists using Data>Validation>List, etc. Initially it worked like it was supposed to therefore giving me the luxury of selecting different options from the drop down menu. I locked several cells (not including the two columns) and protected the worksheet with a password. As I opened the file this morning I deleted the current information in an attempt to enter new information (expecting the dro...

Sending an entire worksheet via a hyperlink / button
I have a worksheet with many drop down menus, etc, and i want people to be able to fill it in, and then send it on ..... but you know how lazy people are .... if they have to save it, then send it, they will gripe about it! Is there a way to just have a hyperlink style button on the sheet that once the guys have filled it out, it just sends the sheet to me? Thanks, Jim Suggest looking at Ron de Bruin's website http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org...

Close a COM port, after abnormal exception.
Hello, I have VC 6.0. I am using MSCOMM to read and write to a COM port. The object member variable name is m_com_port Suppose my program terminate abnormally after I have opened the port (by the command m_com_port.SetPortOpen(TRUE) ) How can I close the port. I am trying to close it by : m_com_port.SetPortOpen(FALSE) (that's the first command) , but I have got a runtime error : The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. (When I do normally open, and normally close - I don't have this message). What should I do in order to close the port (only clos...

Outlook 2003 Close Data File
I had been using a third party program (Jeyo Mobile Extender for Outlook). I have uninstalled the program, but the folder credated by the install program remains. It represents a data file that is no longer there. When trying to close the data file I get the message that "Operation failed. Object cannot be found." Any suggestions as to how to remove the folder from my folder list in Outlook. Can you delete it using the Data File Management option? How about = under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Accounts->View or Change? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all r...

help
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got two worksheets of data in my workbook, one copied from a text file, the other downloaded from the Bureau of the Census, originally in .csv format and saved as an .xls file. I'm using vlookup to use the state name in one sheet to lookup the data value I want from the other worksheet. Vlookup returns the value of the last cell in the table rather than the value that should be returned. I've done some simple testing on the lookup value relative to that in the table array. Both entries are the same length. Both are text (istext). Mat...

Disappearing SMTP address exchange 2003 after diaster recovery
Hi Mixed Exchange 2003 SP1 / Exchange 5.5 Windows 2003 no SP ADC running Can anyone help. I have had sources files become corrupt on exchange 2003. I reinstalled exchange 2003 using diasterrecovery switch. Then reinstalled all hotfixes/SP1 using diaster recovery switch. The task had been a success, with the all the stores working. Users could open their mailboxes, view data etc. The only problem is users mailboxes on that server had all there x400/SMTP address's removed. This only effected users were the mailboxes located on the server that had disaster recovery. can anyone help. I ha...

Problem with creating Data Analysis View
Hello, We are using Project Server 2007 with SQL Server 2008 on Win XP. I'm having a problem with creating Data Analysis View. Fields: "Analysis Services Database to be created" and "Cube:" are empty and beneath is seen: "You must have the valid Analysis Services database name and cube name". I have done steps from other posts: * Add the Project Web Access site as a trusted site. * Clear the option to Block Pop Ups. * Enable Access data source across domains. * Have following components installed on client machine: OLEDB9.0, SQL Native Client, ...

Removing spaces from imported data
Excel 2003 I copied and pasted some "numerical" data from a table into an excel worksheet. I needed to sum up several columns worth of data but each time it enters the sum as 0. So, after experimenting I found that there is a space after each number. I tried using the TRIM and LEFT/RIGHT functions and neither worked as far as allowing me to sum up the columns. When I retype the number, it obviously works. I tried formatting the cells to numbers before and after trying the TRIM function but to no avail. Is there a way to get this data into a useable format and if so, h...