Data Labels #6

On the Chart Options there is an option DATA LABELS.  This option lets you
print the following VALUE, PERCENT, LABEL and LABEL + PERCENT.  Is there any
way that you can print the Value and the Label.  Or is there anyway you can
modify any part of what you want to print beside the section of the pie chart.
0
Daniell (18)

You can manually change the text within each data label. This is rather
tedious, so you can download one of the following Excel add-ins, which
allow you to select a worksheet range to use as labels for your points;
both are free, easy to install and use. If you want any particluar
label, you can write a formula in a range of cells that concatenates the
value and the label, then use this range for the labels.

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Daniell wrote:

> On the Chart Options there is an option DATA LABELS.  This option lets you
> print the following VALUE, PERCENT, LABEL and LABEL + PERCENT.  Is there any
> way that you can print the Value and the Label.  Or is there anyway you can
> modify any part of what you want to print beside the section of the pie chart.

IN Publisher I only want to print one label not all 6
I am using Publisher 2002 and Form 8254 6 to a page. I only want to print one mailing label not 6. What steps do I take? Thank you, You will have to setup the labels manually. Look here to see if yours is listed, if not post back. http://publishermvps.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D25CA06F-0F6A-4743-99D3-38B688BB842B@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2002 and Form 8254 6 to a page. I only want to print > one mailing lab...

Data validation
Can data validation be set up to accept a 0( (zero) or any whole number between 25,000 and 10,000,000? Or does this have to be controlled with VBA? This needs to work with xll03 and later versions This DV formula should work fine: =AND(ISNUMBER(A2),A2>=25000,A2<=10000000) Joy? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Brad" wrote: > Can data validation be set up to accept a 0( (zero) or any whole number > between 25,000 and 10,000,000? Or does this have to be controlled with VBA? > > This needs to work with xll03 and later versions > ...

formula for moving data into new table
Hi I have a text file of football results. i.e. utd|3|rovers|3 city|2|town|2 etc. Delimited into Columns This file is imported in excel. Now i want to create a results grid from that data utd rovers city town etc AWAY utd X 2-2 3-3 rovers 1-2 city 2-3 town etc HOME.... Where the results are 3-3 2-2 etc.. I need (here it comes) a formula.( I hope) that uses the data in the imported text file I think this should be possible but I can't get it right. I'm sure someone with more experience than myself may find a solution. Cheers Peter :confused: --- Message ...

SUM Bins of Data
Anyone know how to sum bins of data, sort of consolidating. I have a column of per minute data that I need to consolidate down to per 10-minute bins, so for each 10 rows of per minute data would create a single row of 10-minute data. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Maybe you could use a helper column. =CEILING(A1,1/24/6) [=CEILING(A1,1/24/60) will round up to the nearest minute. So I multiplied by 10.] Will round up the time in A1 to the n...

FRx 6.7 - Output to Excel
Having a weird problem with FRx. Set the ouput options to a report to be Formatted Excel (XLS) and set the Email Options to Enabled (Send As Attachment) and Use Tree for the email addresses. The tree has the email address in it and it will generate the report fine and states that the report has been emailed. On the other end when the user receives the email with the excel attachment it hangs Outlook as soon as the email arrives. If Outlook is shut down and then reopened the email is accessable and the report is attached and works great. Has anyone else had similar problems? Thanks...

Having Data Automatically Appear
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>Is it possible through any means to achieve the following in excel. I need for names of pieces of equipment to be stored in either a database or spreadsheet that I can then link to and have appear as I type in an invoice. For instance, as I start to enter a piece of kit in a certain column and type the letter RE, every piece of equipment I have entered in the previous database beginning with RE will appear as a drop down suggestion so I can avoid manually typing out the entire name ever...

sending data to com port
Hello, I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? Need sample code, please. Thanks :) See this article on codeproject..it covers up most of the stuff... http://www.codeproject.com/system/serial_com.asp - Parhar "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uVpJFP87DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using VC++ 6.0 (of Visual studio 6.0) > How can I send data to com port via VC++ code ? > Need sample code, please. > > Thanks :) > > See the "CSerial" class from Tom...

Moving data using macros
Hi All I am attempting to compile a number of lists from a daily report I get. What I would ideally like is just to cut the page into excel, run one macro and all the relevant lists be put on seperate pages. The question I have is how do you get a macro to look for the first available blank rom. i.e. How do you tell the macro to put the data underneath the one it did yesterday (if that makes any sense!). thanks very much! Tom 1. NextRow=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row+1 2. Different ways depending on your layout. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software ...

Access data into Excel across columns
Is there a way to create an Access report that would take the field 'names' and expand the records from left to right (text vertical) rather than from top to bottom? The other alternative would be to bring the data into Excel and have it populate pre-formatted cells from left to right (across columns). I'm using Office XP Thanks in advance! ...

Use a macro to expand data series for chart?
How can I write a macro to expand each of the data series for a chart to include one additional column? I want it to work without knowing how many data series there are or what the current range is. Basically, I want it to expand my ranges by one additional column to the right. ...

Updating External Data
Please Help!!! I have a function (which produces a weighted average) in each of si workbooks. In each workbook the function draws on data from the othe 5 workbooks. In this way each workbook is connected to every othe workbook. Since each function draws on the same data, each averag should be the same but sometimes they are different. This has to d with the way the data is updated and the order in which the books ar opened. Is there any way to get this data to update automatically o as data in other workbooks is changed??? I've tried to go under th edit menu and update through the li...

Changing the backcolor of a cell when data is added
I want to automatically change the colour of a cell in Excel when data is added to that cell. For example: an empty cell has a blue backcolor when a number is put into the cell the background automatically changes to white. I would recommend a Conditional Format Select the cells you want to colour Selet Format | Conditional Formatting... Cell value is | Equal to | ="" Select Format and choose a blue background. OK -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "OldPoplarPete" wrote: > I want to automatically change the colour of a cell in Excel when data is > ...

Import data from DBF files
What's the best way to import a large dbf file into Access (records from a DBase file)? I have one dbf that has over 220,000 records in it. It gets to about 75% and says "The search key was not found in any record." Everything is patched to the max (Windows, Office, Jet, etc). This doesn't happen with any other dbf file, but they are all smaller. Also, oddly, I can copy and paste 50,000 records in a shot and paste them through a query, but I don't want to keep doing that for every large dbf I have. The Access tables have no problem holding the data, just transf...

Consolication of data
Anyone have a quick way of taking a set of data (x value of time) tha is presented in 10-minute bins (data point every 10-minutes) an consolidate to 30-minute binned data sets (essentially sum every 10-minute bins to each 30-minute bin). Thanks. Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com My data actually starts in B9, does that changes how things are done i the formula? Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com My data actually starts in B9, does that changes how things are done i the formula? Mik -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mike Using...

y axis #6
I have a chart that auto-formats the values of the intervals of the y axis. That is fine. However, when I preview the chart, the intervals change and the chart prints with those changed values. Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, enter the scale values you want the chart to use. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "lily" <lily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:548B8CBE-F01F-4064-8185-8D77BC9F358B@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that auto-formats the v...

Fetching data and deleting original data
Hi guys this is my situation. I have 2 sheets now, Sheet1 and Sheet2. In both sheets, my headers for the data are exactly the same. Only thing is, in sheet1, I have an extra column of data labelled "proessed?". Lets assume that I have 4 columns in sheet1, "name", "sex", "location" and the extra "processed?" column. In sheet2, I have the same first 3 column as sheet1, only without the "processed?" coulmn. What I need is a way to fetch the data from sheet1 to the corresponding column in sheet2 when the "processed?" co...

Data sort popup box
I am using the data/sort functionality in Excel 2007. Every time i click on the Sort icon, the pop up box is bigger. If I maek as small as possible, and reopen, it gets bigger each time. Any idea how to keep this as small as possible? ...

Wrapping labels
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the labels on either axis to wrap to a second line when you use a 45 degree alignment? They wrap when I have the words set at automatic or 0 degrees, but when I turn them sideways, they don't wrap anymore and are too long for the space. Any ideas?? ...

Convert calendar data
I am trying to export my calendar data from one program into yahoo. Here is the current format layout in a csv file: Subject, Start Date, Description, Start Time, End Date, End Time. Here is the layout that I need it to be: Subject, Start Date, Start Time, End Date End Time, All day event Description. 1. I need to have the Description field moved to the end of th record. 2. The Description data from the current layout needs to be to be unde the Subject header not the Description. 2. The new All day event field needs to be added and populated wit "FALSE" 3. And I think each data ...

copying/sorting data with blank spaces in between?
I have a membership list I need to update for a club. I have used Excel very little. I have been trying some different things to see if this will work before I get the data file (which I will back up before hand) In 3 columns to the right it has year dates in them. I need to change them. depending on the person, the first column would all be the same changed from 2007 to 2008. The problem is, there are spaces between some of those particular columns. (see below) when I try to highlight them individually and past, say 2008, it will not allow me. Is their a way to do this? It says I...

Mini Labels
I am trying to locate very small inkjet labels for a project of mine. I am trying the Avery 8658, 189 per page at 27 x 7. Even they are too big and I end up cutting them laboriously. Ideally I need a selection of about 12mm by 3mm, 12mm by 6mm, 16mm by 3mm. Naturally I would prefer A4 sheets but anything will do if they are hard to come by. If they are clear labels, see-through, even better, but that is making the search even harder. BJ Hi BJ (fastrack1966@clara.co.uk), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to locate very small inkjet labels for a project of mine. || I am trying the ...

Custom Format Y-axis; '$1.6 K' ?
What code sequence do I choose, (edit), to achieve this? Boswell On either the y-values on the worksheet or the y-axis, use a custom format such as #.0, "K" Need this in VBA? Just record a macro as you do it. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:D73B6256-2166-4DC8-A53F-000A9729F83E@microsoft.com... > What code sequence do I choose, (edit), to achieve this? > Boswell Hi, 1. Right-click the Y axis and choose Format Axis. 2. On th...

Update 11.3.6 released for Office 2004
Update Entourage with this incremental update. Requires that 11.3.5 be installed. After the update, Entourage will show as 11.3.6. under About Entourage. See "Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.6 update released" on the Entourage Help Blog for more info on the update. If you have any problems, you can post a comment there. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/07/microsoft_office_2004_for_mac_1.html > See Microsoft does not update each application every time an update is released. See �Confused over Microsoft Update Version numbers?� <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/...

Missing data and "invalid references"
I am making several chart using the XY (Scatter) template. I have several worksheets in the workbook. I am trying to plot my data on the last worksheet. I either get an error saying that there are invalid references and to check for incorrect format, formulas etc. And sometimes data will be missing in the chart that I highlighted before I started the wizard. None of the data I am trying to plot contains formulas. It is just entered as numbers. I tried changing it from General to number under the format cells option, but that did not work either. Can anyone help me? ...

Data point labels in XY scatter chart
How can I label each data point in a XY or scatter chart ? Example data X Y Label 5 8 Fred 6 7 Bill 7 6 Jill Thanks, Tony Hi, You can link the data labels to the cells either manually http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm Or with the use of a addin. Here are a couple of examples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss Cheers Andy TonyGB007 wrote: > How can I label each data point in a XY or scatter chart ? > > Example data > > X Y L...