Data Labels #12

Im creating a Doughnut Chart and I have 8 different categories. Out of the 8
catagories I want to desplay data labels for only 3 of them, which  will
display their precentage and value. I don't want the other 5 categories to
display data labels. Is there an easier way to do this besides changing the
font colors to white so they will appear invisable? I thought it would be
possible to just delete the unwanted data labels but it's not working.

Thanks.
0
ttGyrl (6)

Nevermind...silly me. I was able to delete the data labels individually.
Thnka for reading.

"tt_Gyrl" wrote:

> Im creating a Doughnut Chart and I have 8 different categories. Out of the 8
> catagories I want to desplay data labels for only 3 of them, which  will
> display their precentage and value. I don't want the other 5 categories to
> display data labels. Is there an easier way to do this besides changing the
> font colors to white so they will appear invisable? I thought it would be
> possible to just delete the unwanted data labels but it's not working.
>
> Thanks.
0
ttGyrl (6)

Cell Reference 01-12-10
What I am looking for is that when I enter a formula (In cell B1) to pick up value in A1. Now I need value from cell A5 in cell B2. Next value I need in B3 is A9. Everytime I have to change the cell values manually in column B. Formula I use : - =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H331,0) Now I need value from cell H336 and I manually change H331 to H336 shown below =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H336,0) Any way to make this automated. Thanks Ankur Bhateja ankur.bhateja@hotmail.com Instead of =IF(OR(AK64<$D$4,AK64=$D$4),H331,0) you could say =IF(AK64<=$D$4,H331,0) ...

Share data across web applications?
I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0). Jason Barnett wrote: > I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this > possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? > > I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one...

12.1.1 Installed, But AutoUpdate Says 12.1.1 Still Required
After I successfully went through the reinstall routine, an AutoUpdater check still indicates 12.1.1 is required (I used the stand- alone version). I verified via Command+I that 12.1.1 is the present version of Word, PP, and Excel (I did not install Entourage or Messenger). Is this just a bug or is there some way to correct the false positive? "pendragon" wrote: > After I successfully went through the reinstall routine, an > AutoUpdater check still indicates 12.1.1 is required (I used the stand- > alone version). > > I verified via Command+I that 12.1.1 is the pre...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

Mailing Labels
Hello, I'm using Access for a membership database but when I try to preview my mailing labels it asks me for a TRIM what is this? Sorry it says Enter Parameter Value...then on the bottom it says TRIM "rosa5845" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm using Access for a membership database but when I try to preview my > mailing labels it asks me for a TRIM what is this? Open the report definition in design view. Find the control on the report that includes the Trim() function. What happens if you remove that function? There's a possibility that y...

How do I get the data/xml/export option
My export option is disabled under data/xml tab. What is the exact feature I need to install to get this export xml option. I didn't install all the option during excel installation. Which specific install tab are required during excel installation? thanks Nick One way would be to do a web query, first preformat the cells as text, then do the query (data>import external data>new web query), put in the web site address, select the part you want to import, under properties select preserve cell formatting and do the import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails pleas...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

How do I add y-axis labeling on the right side of chart?
I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. You'll need to have at least two series in order to enter a secondary axis. On one of the series, change the Axis to Secondary axis. "DavidNHFCU" <DavidNHFCU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28759EE0-759E-4964-8F5E-6C49099653B6@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add an axis with same values on the right side of the chart. How can I force the y-axis at the bottom of my chart to appear for all 12 months when I only have Jan, Feb and March figures to put in the first thre...

Import data from Excel with main tasks and subtasks
I'm new to MS Project and need help with importing data from Excel into Project 2000. The data consists of Work Request numbers, individual phase numbers for the Work Request, name of each phase, and (phase) start and end dates. I can open the Excel file in Project and map the fields, however, the data shows up as individual tasks. I need to have the Work Request number and project name be a main, or top-level, task, and the data related to the phases be sub-tasks. Here's an example of how the raw data appears in the Excel file: WorkReq# ProjectName Phase# P...

Can I move the data files?
I just installed Money 2005. I let it take most of the defaults, It choose to store the data files in \My Documents. I would like to move all of them to \My Documents\My Money. Is there a way to do that? -- Simplest way is to use My Computer or Windows Explorer. Navigate to your ..mny file, click on it, click on edit > copy, navigate to where you want the ..mny file to live and click on edit > paste. When the file is in it's new home, double click on the file name. This will call up Money and this will then remember where it found the file. Now go back to the original locati...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

Copying specific data from Word to Excel
What I need to do is 1) Extract the monetary amount (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters BPR. 2) Extract the number (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters TRN. 3) Place the numbers in the same row on an Excel spreadsheet. 4) Repeat to the end of the document. Sample data BPR*I*925.79*C*ACH*CCP*01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx**01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*20091126~TRN*1*999999999*xxxxxxxxxxxx The file I need to extract from is always text. Is this better done from a Word macro or an Excel macro. Or can it be done at al...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Import data not in correct format
Import data reads: Need to do statistical anaysis on hundreds of numbers and Cell value # of Cells don't want to enter the numbers by hand. 3 1 4 2 Would like: Cell Value 3 4 4 ...

How do I print labels after I have mailmerge on excel
?I saved my addresses in Excel. I want to print them on labels How do I do that? Also how can I get a picture on the labels? Bika, do a mail merge with word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Ex...

Restoring Exchange Data
HI. I experienced a crash with my Windows 2000 server which is the Global Catalog and dns server. Anyhow in my infinite wisdom I decided to do soemthing with the exchange server and in the meantime - it blew any active directory info which had replicated to the exchange server. The Exchange server was a part of the domain with AD installed, etc. The exch. server is a running windows 2003 server w/ exch. server 2003. Fast forward...I rebuilt the Windows 2000 server and its backup. I also rebuilt the Exchange Server...not completely knowing how to proceed....I installed w2k3 with all ...

Adding data to a list
I have a list of data that I want to add to or subtract from and I would like to be able to click on a button which would bring up a text box where I could insert the new data then sort the new list. Thanks, Mike Take a look at data>form -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mike" <mike@ehb-docks.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote in message news:bultp0$8ee$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a list of data that I want to add to or subtract from and I would > like to be able to click on a button which would bring up a text box where I > could insert the new data then sort the ne...

center data labels on my column chart
How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of each column on my chart? Thanks. Click on one of the labels (that will select all the labels in the series) Choose Format>Selected Data Labels Select the Alignment tab From the Label Position dropdown, choose Center Immediately after formatting the first series, if there are other series in the chart -- Select a label in another series Press the F4 button on the keyboard, to repeat the formatting from the previous series Repeat for all series Dan wrote: > How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of > e...

topographical data maps in excel
I have seen this done, and would like to know how to create topgraphical maps of data sets using excel. I want to take a sample of data ponts and plot the points (easy), than color the plot based upon the values of the points You seem to have been neglected by our community. Yes, it can be done, if I understand your intention correctly. The topography in your approach means, in a sense, the 3D chart. The first two of the three values defininig each point specify the x- and y-coordinates (like on a map); the third value is represented by prescribed colors or shades. You must have you...

Get External Data
I have the Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003 on my home computer. I have occasion to use the Get External Data, New Database Query function in some of the work I bring home from work. On my version it says it is not installed. Does the Student and Teacher edition of Office 2003 in Excel have that option or will I need to upgrade to a different edition to get that function? Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > I have the Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition of > Office 2003 on my home computer. I have occasio...

Get Subform Data
I'm looking for a way to get the data from a chosen record in a continuous subform. I have a customer form and a continuous subform with all of the charges associated with the customer. Is it possible to have a button on the form, prompt the user to highlight a record (the charge info.) in the continuous subform and get the information about the charge? If there is not a way to do this, I'm pretty sure that I can achieve what I want to do via a list box. Open the subform in design view, and set its Record Selectors property to Yes. (This is a property of the Form, not o...

Dynamic references in diagram source data?
Have encountered problems when copying and pasteing diagrams and their source data areas. I wish to exclude the $ signs in the source data formulas in order for the diagrams to retrieve data from different areas in the same spreadsheet. This however seems impossible because excel automatically reinsert the $ signs when I manually remove them from the source data formulas. Any thoughts? Thanks. -- Olzki ...

How to bind an ActiveX control to a Data Control?
I am building an ActiveX control and I need to bind my control to a data control when using it in VB6. My control is a multi column List. I know I should add a property called "DataSource" that returns the recordset of the Data control, then should move into the recordset and add the records one by one to my list. The question is how can I add the DataSource property and be able to read from the data control and retrieve the data. Is there a direct way or should I do it manually? ...

PDK Personal Data Keeper Timesheet Modification
Is it possible to modify the form for entering a timesheet in PDK? I would like to have the project name as well as the project number display on the time entry screen. Currently only project number displays on the timesheet form, although you can see the project name in the related look up. I would like to hear from anyone who uses PDK about how to make the product simpler to use, or what product you are using in lieu of PDK to track time. My e-mail address is lisa@worknetinc.com. ...