Data Label Leader Lines

I have chosen to display data label leader lines on my pie chart, saved and
closed the file, but when I go back, the leader lines are no longer visible.
Suggestions?

0
NH (11)

Hi,

What version of Excel are you using?

It often seems that if you turn the leader line option on Excel will not
display the lines if it figures the label's position makes it self
explanitory.  If you drag the data labels one at a time to slightly different
postions the should display.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"nh" wrote:

> I have chosen to display data label leader lines on my pie chart, saved and
> closed the file, but when I go back, the leader lines are no longer visible.
> Suggestions?

Hey Shane,
Thanks for responding - using Excel 2007.  I have repositioned the labels
but still need to go in and choose to show the leader lines each time.  It
looks the way I want when I save it but the next time it opens, the leader
lines are not there.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What version of Excel are you using?
>
> It often seems that if you turn the leader line option on Excel will not
> display the lines if it figures the label's position makes it self
> explanitory.  If you drag the data labels one at a time to slightly different
> postions the should display.
>

> --
> If this helps, please click the Yes button
>
> Cheers,
> Shane Devenshire
>

> "nh" wrote:
>
> > I have chosen to display data label leader lines on my pie chart, saved and
> > closed the file, but when I go back, the leader lines are no longer visible.
> > Suggestions?

0
NH (11)

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

Rearrange two columns of data
I have three columns of data. Column A is numbered from 0 to 720. Column B and C are measured data that I need to shift up or down relative to Column A. I want the peak value in Column B to line up with a user-specified value in Column A. If I specify 360, I want the peak value in Column B to line up with 360 on Column A. If I specify 359, I want the peak value to line up with 359. However, the data in Column B and C cannot be sorted or rearranged. The entire range of values must be shifted up or down. How can I do it? I tried searching but found nothing like what I'm trying to do. ...

Update of data feed in sheet
Hi Can someone help? I have a spreadsheet that retrieves data from an external source, this works fine. The size of the download is such that it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. This is not to much of a problem apart from the fact that if I touch the mouse while hovering over the sheet when it is retrieving the data the process stops. I know I can restart the retrieval process by hitting the F9 key but is there anything I can do to stop the mouse click from ending my download? Any thoughts greatly appreciate. Regards Dave Hickey ...

Trend Line
I have the following header: Ene-08 Feb-08 Mar-08 Abr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 Ago-08 with data. If I ad a trendline that gives me an equation, lets say: y=-3242x+13 Being x the month, if I want to get data for month Sep-08, what value should I use for x=9? Is that applicable for all the months coming, lets say next february 09 would be x=14? JP If your Month values are just text, then yes. If they are real dates, Sep-08 is 39692, and Feb-09 is 39845, but from the looks of your data values I would guess that it's more likely to be text. -- David Biddulph &quo...

How do you add an Avery Label that is not listed in Publisher?
The Publisher listing of labels does not include the size I want. (#8168). How can I add this? So you have chosen page setup | publication type | label -and your label in not there right? So all you have to do is choose one that is nearest and adjust the size. Works for me Ross wrote: > The Publisher listing of labels does not include the size I want. > (#8168). How can I add this? Are you sure about that number? I just checked Avery and there are no hits on 8168. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 ...

Data validation #5
I have a spreadsheet which does not appear to treat data validation correctly. Adding a list validation with drop down list does not show the drop down list, but the validation still works as entry is restricted to the list. The problem occurs both for directly referenced lists on the same sheet, or via named ranges on other sheets. From reviewing the group I've seen that other people have come across this problem, but I've yet to find a solution. It's not caused by the typical responses, i.e. Freeze Frames, Data>Validation>In-cell dropdown or Options>View>Objects&g...

Dynamically change data in chart title
Is there a way to put a cell reference in the chart title text box? I have numerous charts that have a date in the title. It would be much less work if I can modify a date in a cell and have all the charts automatically be updated. Example: "Service Calls - Sunday 02/03/08" would be "Service Calls - Sunday =A2" where cell A2 has my date. Or can this be modifiec via a VBA macro? Select the chart tile and then type the cell reference in the formula bar, prefixed by the sheet name, such as =Sheet1!A2. To get what you want, in B2 add ="Service Calls - Sunday...

Graphing Periodic Data
I have a database that is used to track total cost for projects. So, my highest (hierarchial) table is the list of projects, the next table contains the budget lines, and the last table contains updated costs for each budget line. I would like to view the data in a cross-tab query or graph the data either using a pivot chart: the same problem occurs in both. Since the cost (entries in the cost update table) always stay the same between updates (entries), some budget line costs get updated when others don't. My problem in the cross-tab query is that some values are missing: obvio...

How do create address labels in excel.
How do I make labels on Excel. You don't; you use Word. The Data is in an Excel workbook but the merge is done in a Word document The Word newsgroup can help if more is needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00E43FB5-99CA-4C8D-A0C6-EDBF42F889F5@microsoft.com... > How do I make labels on Excel. Travis Making labels within Excel alone is trial and error. Best to use Word for the labels. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source....

command line error MIDL1004 : cannot execute C preprocessor cl.exe
Hello, I have been working on VS2005 VC++ projects for a few weeks. Now I got the following compiler error. There are 62 projects in the solution but only about 10 projects have this compiler error. command line error MIDL1004 : cannot execute C preprocessor cl.exe midl If I go to BuildLog.htm and follow the instruction there to run the command lines they work fine. I don't know why VS 2005 could not compile. I also tried to copy my coworks environment variables. I still got the same error for same projects. Any one see this error before? How do you make it go away?...

use excel to input data into dbf
Pls advise how to use excel to input data into dbf One approach would be to save your worksheet as a DBF file. Excel offers dBase II, III, and IV formats in the Save As Type drop-down box. Bill "akung" <akung410@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OuPsVww$EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Pls advise how to use excel to input data into dbf But I only want to input data record by record so no need to input the whole dbase "Bill Sharpe" <bsharpe@nsadelphia.net> wrote in message news:O$mZg10$EHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > One approach would be to save...

command line installation of visio
Hi all, I understand that a silent installation of visio (typical installation) can be done using this command "setup.exe /qn PIDKEY=*yourproductkey* INSTALLLEVEL=20" Is there a guide on the various options for setup that i can use? eg Complete Install/Custom Install. I need to siliently reinstall visio application in command line with ".Net Programmatically Support" feature if it is not present. Thanks Hi Keng, This is DEFINITELY not my area of expertise, but there is a "Visio Resource Kit" available for download and it has information as stated "to ...

outlook 2003 crashes when typing into to: line
whenever i create a new message, and type into either the to:, cc:, or bcc: line to enter the email address, outlook crashes. i don't get the microsoft crash message... and i've checked the event viewer, which shows no sign of a crash.. i've already done a clean reinstall of office 2003 any ideas? ...

Outlook 2003
I've built a new box and want to migrate ALL userdata from my old (machine) Outlook 2003 installation to the new one. How do I do it? Thanks Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Scooter asked: | I've built a new box and want to migrate ALL userdata from my old | (machine) Outlook 2003 installation to the new one. How do I do it? | | T...

Add a line/row number in front of query results
How can a add a line number in front of the returned query results? Example: If a query returns 3 records: Dog Cat Mouse I would like to query to return the results with line numbers: 1 Dog 2 Cat 3 Mouse The query would add line/row numbers for the returned results. Thank you in advance, I have asked this question in the past but having a hard time in trying to explain this simple concept or maybe its not so simple. Michael Kintner RowNum Sample SELECT (SELECT COUNT(*)+1 FROM PERMISSIONS P1 WHERE P1.ID < P.ID) AS ROWNUM, P.* FROM PERMISSIONS P HTH Pieter "Michael Kint...

To get client data from a saved file back to the master file
I have designed a programme that records data and also links to another programme, but when I save the client information the name of the file changes and I loose the link. I want to be able to open a master copy each time and get the client data from the saved file so I can update each time and resave updates information, this way the link will always be there, I hope? ...

Adding multiple source data to chart
I have a column chart with two x-axis'. I have a data line representing stock prices running across the chart, and stock volume in columns. When I add a second stock price line, the first one disappears. Are the two stock prices significantly different? One in single units, the other in hundreds of dollars? Are they on the same axis? What else is unique about the data set? And, in how you are plotting it? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office I...

IF cell has data in it
Hello everyone, What is wrong with my formula?? =IF(H6,J6>1,"") Thanks Your formula is not structured properly. It says........IF, "there is any value in cell H6", THEN "cell J6 is greater than 1", OTHERWISE "make the cell blank"........... If you post back with a TEXT version of what you actually want, someone will give you a formula. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ckqie1lii5cp7un7hoq7nc3npl9qrqf27e@4ax.com... > Hello everyone, > > What is wrong with my formula?? >...

Getting-Started menu uses half the data area how to remove
In Excel the Getting-started menu option is always maximised and even if I remove it next time I start Excel it appears taking half the data area! ...

Copy>Paste Block of Data
Good Day! My query is to find how can I Copy different Blocks of Data & Paste them accordingly. For your understanding below is pictorial explanation. Source Range: A B C D Action 1 v v v v Copy 2 v v v v Copy 3 f f f f 4 v v v v Copy 5 l l l l v = Constant Text / numbers f = Formulas l = Links Now I want to copy all the V's and ignore 'Fs' and 'ls" then after copying I want to paste them. Like be...

Memo Field Truncates my Data in Table?!
Ok - from what I understand a "MEMO" field type should allow at least 65k worth of data to be saved in your database table. However, I am manually opening my table and typing in text that is a half a dozen sentences and when I hit enter to move onto the next field - it truncates my data. I go back to the field in the table and only 255 characters exists. Can someone please explain wtf is going on here? Yes, I'm absolutely certain in database design the "MEMO" type is selected. This does not make sense to me, and I'm not very familiar with access(I'm a ...

Column Data into a Pie Chart?
I've got an Excel sheet composed of column data. I want to put a pie chart on another sheet that represents the percentage of data, so that if the column is: Apples Apples Oranges Pears I'll get a pie chart that shows me 50% Apples, 25% Oranges, 25% Pears. How do I do this??? Thanks, Bill. Hi Bill. I've had to do something similar and have cludged a method together that works, but takes several steps. Hopefully, one of the guru's will have a better suggestion that I could learn from. Assuming your data is in column A, in A1 type a label such as Fruit and then sor...

Zebra lp2824 Label layouts
I need layouts for RMS 2.0 that work with the Zebra LP2824 Label printer. I used label wizard to try to create a label, but the bar code will not print. The Default zebra label in labels just prints code. Anyone know how to get the physical lookup code to print a barcode for this field on this printrer? Or email me some formated labels for this printer. Thanks -- alscomp Panama City Beach, FL www.alscomp.net This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01F6_01C86823.61ED12D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-print...

merging rows of data ?
I have Windows XP, Excel Vsn 2002. I have created an Excel file of 37 rows, one cell (cell A) on each row. Would it be possible to merge the rows together so that more than one row will fit on a single line of text? I would like to put all of the data into a single Msft Word paragraph, if possible. All replies welcomed! Aaron It's lame, but if you hear of nothing tighter, Copy the column paste special / transpose to A2 or somewhere copy that paste to Notepad copy again (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) paste to word That's at least 9 keystrokes with 1 or more clicks - weak but effective. On...

$$$ on line hero $$$
you see on line hero!!! you see this web you win!!!!! new modal TATA car. clike here www.mobilegalaxy.net.tc www.football5.blogspot.com ...