data analysis - histogram

When I try to create a histogram using the data analysis
function, and I request a chart output, it won't let me do
it, saying it cannot insert a chart into a shared
workbook. However, I can insert the chart into a new
workbook and then paste it back into the one I'm working
in. I have hecked under the shared workbook section and
made sure I am the only one who can use it (so technically
should not be "shared").
Does anyone have any ideas??
0
phissey (1)

Paul Hissey  -

> When I try to create a histogram using the data analysis function, and I
request a chart output, it won't let me do it, saying it cannot insert a
chart into a shared workbook. However, I can insert the chart into a new
workbook and then paste it back into the one I'm working in. I have hecked
under the shared workbook section and made sure I am the only one who can
use it (so technically should not be "shared"). Does anyone have any ideas??
<

It's a well-documented bug, usually in the Small Business Editions of Excel.

Here's the workaround (from my book Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel:
Updated for Office XP):

If you receive the error message "Cannot add chart to a shared workbook,"
click the OK button. Then click New Workbook under Output in the Histogram
dialog box. If desired, use the Edit | Move or Copy Sheet command to copy
the results back to the original workbook.

-  Mike Middleton, www.usfca.edu/~middleton

0
middleton1 (108)
10/2/2003 4:16:29 AM
Paul Hissey  -

> When I try to create a histogram using the data analysis function, and I
request a chart output, it won't let me do it, saying it cannot insert a
chart into a shared workbook. However, I can insert the chart into a new
workbook and then paste it back into the one I'm working in. I have hecked
under the shared workbook section and made sure I am the only one who can
use it (so technically should not be "shared"). Does anyone have any ideas??
<

It's a well-documented bug, usually in the Small Business Editions of Excel.

Here's the workaround (from my book Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel:
Updated for Office XP):

If you receive the error message "Cannot add chart to a shared workbook,"
click the OK button. Then click New Workbook under Output in the Histogram
dialog box. If desired, use the Edit | Move or Copy Sheet command to copy
the results back to the original workbook.

-  Mike Middleton, www.usfca.edu/~middleton

0
middleton1 (108)

Easier way to re-connect Data Import
I have set up a SS which is connected to an Access MDB file. (Data/Import Data/ Data Query) It sits out on the network and is copied to the C Drive on each workstation to use. The MDB is on a Shared Data drive - drive G: My new boss just happens to have different Network connections, so her drive G: is different - so I had to re-connect it to the data source on a different Network Drive. It took me some time to fiddle around and do it so I just wanted to know how other folks re-connect. Is there an easy way? Thanks for any input. Dika When you make a workbook public, it makes more se...

Charting with missing data or empty strings from vlookup()
I've used the vlookup() trick -- if(isna(vlookup(...)), "", vlookup(...)) to construct an intermediate table, which I would like to chart. However, charting cells which contain the empty string ("") works porly. I really don't want to treat those missing values as zeros, if there's any way to avoid it -- I just want the chart to treat them as missing. How can I change either the way I'm using vlookup() or the way I'm charting to allow me to chart this data with missing values? Thanks for your help, Mike Ironically, if you'd left the #N/A in t...

Access Data in Excel Cell
I have a customer who has extensive reports build in Excel. Many of the report pull data from other spreadsheets, but ultimates somewhere the data is manually input. My task is to automate the input of the data. Is there a way to enter a formula into a cell that goes off to an Access database and gets either a value from a record/field combination, or that runs some code that generates a value? I know I can do this will code outside of the spreedsheet that will get the data out of Access and write to a cell in the spreadsheet. But I'd like to find a way that the user can continue ...

Creating an autofill type function from a data validation box
I have a time keeping spreadsheet that has a data validation box to select the payperiod (ie 01/16/10 to 01/31/10, etc) and I need to have boxes for time entry with the dates above them auto complete for the date range for the pay period. I know it can be done, but I can't figure it out, eveything I try is leading me to a dead end. Go back to original thread and see my last reply. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:53:02 -0800, SethT <SethT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a time keeping spreadsheet that has a data validation box to ...

Missing Data in Workflow Emails
I have a email workflow in CRM 3 that automatically emails account details when a new opportunity is assigned to a sales person. Every once in a while, the sales person will receive emails which have information missing from particular data fields. On each of these, I have checked the account and the information is there. I have checked the actual workflow email in the workflow manager and nothing has changed with the data slugs for the areas missing the information. I have stopped and started the rule and restarted the CRM email router. It doesn't seem to have made a difference. ...

Change Data Type from Memo to Text
I have to fields called 'NAME' and 'CLIENTID' in a table called 'LOCATIONS'. They are in the Memo format but need to be converted to text. How do I change the format using VBA? In kow this has been asked in different way before, but none of the other examples seem to help. Thank you so much for you help Once a field has been added to the table's Fields collection, you can't actually change it using VBA. I believe you should be able to run a DDL (Data Definition Language) query along the lines of: ALTER TABLE MyTableName ALTER COLUMN MyMemoFie...

MS Project Server 2007
When identifying the anaylsis services server in the Cube Building section of 'server settings', can we use the "/" character to identify our server? We have two analysis servers running on the same box. I try to type in the character, and it does nothing. -- ITPM ITPM -- In a situation like this, type the name of the Analysis Services Server into a Notepad document, including the forward slash character, then copy the name from Notepad and paste it into the Cube Building section. Does that work for you? Let us know. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of...

How do a import data from a text file to an excel worksheet
I have more than 66,000 lines of data to import into excel (v.2003). Can I do this without loosing data? -- mad ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45e3503c-395d-4b02-923d-b07371...

Access 2007 Sharing Data
In Access 2000 I copied the front and back end files and emailed them to my coworkers all over the US. I enter and control all of the data so it's not a big deal if they mess something up. How would you suggest sharing this data in Access 2007? Thanks for your help "Fly Boy 5" wrote: > In Access 2000 I copied the front and back end files and emailed them to my > coworkers all over the US. I enter and control all of the data so it's not a > big deal if they mess something up. How would you suggest sharing this > data in Access 2007? > > Thank...

Reading Excel data from web pages
How can I read Excel cells' contents from a web page (HTML, ASP, etc)? ...

outlook crm client
Hello, I am wondering how to generate quote data (crm) in world template. Unfortunatelly afther running template there is error in crm. It doesnt give answer how to resolve it. Should I create some of my own templates how to add that fields? Please help Bart ...

How do I find value on a graph between data points?
I have a set of data points, ie. x = 1,2,3,4,5,6 corresponding with y=4,17,18,22,15,7 I want a cell that will work out the expected value for y for any value (ie. x=3.3, y=?) when the x value is provided to it from another cell. I want to be able to change that input cell and automatically recalculate the new value of y. I need some kind of routines that finds the data points either side of the required value and interpolate between them. How do I make this routine and carry out the interpolation? Although not designed for this use, the FORECAST function will do an excellent job of...

Data Validation list #6
I have a data validation cell that controls a pivot table. I want to help the user browse through the list that appear in the cell. It is a long list. I've seen some lists that prompt the names with the letters that you press in the key board. How can I make my list work like that. Thank you! FA DV drop-downs are not capable of providing autocomplete. For workaround using a combo-box see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal10.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 06:29:05 -0700, "FA" <FA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

integration of ms exchange server with data protector 5.5
Hi I'm having problems with the configuration of the administrator's profile in data protector 5.5. and I wish to know what i have to do because i created an account named $$$DataProtector but I don't know if creating this account I could to do backups and restores in ms exchange server. thanks On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:56:03 -0800, "data protector5.5" <data protector5.5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >I'm having problems with the configuration of the administrator's profile >in data protector 5.5. and I wish to know what i have to do...

Moving selective data from one sheet to anouther
Hi, I would like to move a range of data within a row from one sheet to anouther sheet automatically when the data in a cell within the range that would be moved, is greater than zero. Is there a formula that will do this? One non-array formulas play which "yields" the desired output .. Assume source table is in Sheet1, cols A to D, data from row2 down, where the key col is col D (the " greater than zero " criteria) Use an empty col to the right, say col E Put in E2: =IF(D2="","",IF(D2>0,ROW(),"")) Copy E2 down to say, E100 to cover the ...

Visio Data Modeling (Visio 2000 Sr 1)
I'm interested in the Visio Data Modeling part of Visio. I'm using Visio 2000 SR 1 at the moment but I can not print the checks and notes on attributes (entity relationship stencil) and I can not create a database from the entity relationship model diagram. Any ideas please. Carlo ...

Remove double data entries
I have a list of data and some of them are doubled. How can I remove the double entries? I have tried with an advanced filter and select unique records only but either I am overlooking something or I am simply to silly to use it as it does not work. Does anyone know how to get rid of double entries in a data list within Excel 2003? Regards Nicole Lots of stuff on duplicates at www.cpearson.com best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Nicole" <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:338F7B5B-59C8-4E4B-93E6-4BF...

MS Application Data Files and References are slow
When I try to reference a file, either open or save, the file system responds very very slowly. In fact, it seems to not take any action to start the process of accessing a file or folder unless I click in whitespace AFTER clicking on the folder. Even clicking on the dropdown to move up or down the directory tree is slow. This seems to be only true for MS applications. The complete file system had been slow until "Automatically search for network folders and printers" was unchecked in folder options. Once this was checked the file system respondes as expected, rapi...

Function to mapping data
Hi all, I am struggling for an excel data combination. Hope someone can help me. Below col A and Col B is a pair while col C and col D is another pair, originally col E, F and G are empty. Then in col E, col F , col G, they copy Ax+Cx(eliminate duplicate), Bx, Dx respectively. A B C D E F G C1 AA C1 111 C1 AA 111 C2 BB C3 222 C2 BB C3 CC D1 333 C3 CC 222 D1 DD D2 444 D1 DD 333 D3 EE D3 523 D2 444 D4 SS D6 321 D3 EE 523 E4 345 D4 SS D6 321 E4 345 From the above sample, col A & col C are copied to E1(eliminate duplicate) and then col Bx copied to Fx(e..g c...

problems with data sort
Hi. Using Excel (office) 97 and Win-ME and Pentium 4 with 256 megs ram. Trying to sort a spreadsheet. I have sorted THIS spreadsheet numerous times. Now, when I select a grid of all the cells with data in them, as I have done before, I'm getting a message that reads: "This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized." I'm stymied and don't know what to do. I'm not trying to merge, just sort. I have some hidden columns, but it worked ok before. Appreciate some comments. Thanks! Erika You have at least a couple of cells in that range that are me...

display data from a list of categories
Hello there! I have three lists. The first one is artists. Artists contains names.The other two are 2 different name of artists that contain Albums. For example Artists Korn Deftones --------- ---------------- --------------------- Korn issues adrenaline Deftones life is peachy around the fur Could you please someone help me when i click a name on my list of artists to DISPLAY all data in some cells that my selected choice contains?I know how this could be to display them on a list but i dont know how to d...

Mutidimensional Analysis ?
I have setup an analysis group, analysis codes, and chosen an account and assigned both a group and codes to the account. I set the analysis group on the account under Cards>>Financial>>Analysis Defaults to required. After those steps I went to do a test JE. The analysis window option is grayed out on the view window, and when I enter the transaction an post it, it is not requiring me to assign or verify assignment to any codes. I have verified through running a report that it is not assigning the transaction to the default MDA codes for the account. Any though...

import external data #2
hey we have little problem when importin data from txt file. if file is in ANSI mode excel understant that is japanise but it contain finnish. If in than ansi file contain charters "ö Ö ä Ä" then that won't work. ...

"Unrecognized data base format"
I can no longer find a VB6 group so am asking the question here since it concerns an Access database in the hope that an expert here knows the source of the problem. I have gone back to a program I started writing - but never finished a couple of years ago. It uses a data base Winvesta.mdb. In the program there is a menu command 'Display Master List'. When I click this I get an error message - "Unrecognized data format 'C:\SAGProgs\Winvest\Winvesta mdb". If I press the Help button, I get "Help 'Item? (Error 524) The specified error has occurred in t...

Accessing data from view class
Hi, I know it's a stupid question but I can't help, please help me. How can I access my data in MainFrm or MyApp class from withing a view class, thanks in advance. Adrian wrote: > Hi, > > I know it's a stupid question but I can't help, please help me. How can > I access my data in MainFrm or MyApp class from withing a view class, > thanks in advance. > You can do this from any class if the class #include's the required .h files... CMainFrame* pmf = (CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd(); CMyApp* papp = (CMyApp*)AfxGetApp(); -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...