TEXT, 10, 20)etc.
0
MaureenD (6)

You might want to use Rob Bovey's XY Chart labeler found at www.appspro.com

"Maureen D." wrote:

> How do I replace only one value to text on the Value Axis?  (i.e., -20, -10,
> TEXT, 10, 20)etc.
0
BarbR (262)
4/20/2005 2:56:03 PM
This one's pretty straightforward, and you can use a custom number format. It works
for numbers anywhere, not just in a chart.

Custom number formats have four components, for positive numbers, negative numbers,
zero, and text, separated by semicolons. To replace zero with some label, use this:

   0;-0;"TEXT";@

Double click on the axis, select the Number tab, select Custom on the left, and
enter that code above into the box.

If the value you want to replace is not zero, you can override the normal
components. Say you want the value 3 to be different, use:

   [=3]"TEXT"

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Maureen D. wrote:

> How do I replace only one value to text on the Value Axis?  (i.e., -20, -10,
> TEXT, 10, 20)etc.

How do I customize fields in a "desin form"
I am trying to design my own contact form but am unsure how to do it. I want to remove some ifields that are there by default, and add some fields of my own. For example, I am trying to create a form for family members,, so I'd like to remove business phone # and replace with cell #, and remove company name, and replace with spouse. Any helf is greatly appreciated. -- shellnbreeze Then you would want to post your question in the programming group. -- Russ Valentine "shellnbreeze" <shellnbreeze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B7ED1F0-CD...

Where does my Custom Invoice live?
I created a custom invoice in MS Money Small Biz. Later, I installed a new hard drive and re-installed money and brought in my original Money file. When I went to print invoices I discovered that my customized invoices did not come across with my Money file. I still have a backup of all the old money program files on my old hard drive, but I don't know in which one my custom invoice lives. Any ideas? PS - Yes, I know... if I'd been smart I would have exported the custom invoice first before swapping hard drives. ;-) ...

Pop Form Based On individual Customer
How would you assign a pop up message for an individual customer for example let say i go to the record john doe I want to assign a pop up message for that specific customer so who ever enters into that record the message will pop up automatically with notes or the user cld add notes. I have the following Customer Table Pop Up Message Table CustomerID(PK) MessageID(PK) LastName CustomerID(Lookup Customer Table) FirstName Note SS# Address1 Address2 City State Zip Phone ...

join columns, keep both values
I have a multicolumn database with text entries. I want to join the cells in Col. B with the cells in Col.C and keep all the text. For instance, B3 may be "1N", C3 may be "4W". I want the combined column to read "1N 4W". How do I do this?!? TNX. -- FourPenny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ FourPenny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23864 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375062 Try this: =B3&" "&C3 -->"1N 4W&q...

Pass value to combo box
I have an unbound text box (txtSaveVal), an unbound combo box (cboName), and a string variable strSaveVal. me.txtSaveVal=strSaveVal .............. Works fine me.cboName=strSaveVal ............... Does Not Work I simply want to put the value of strSaveVal into the combo box, as though I had typed it in, BEFORE pressing the enter key. Why isn't this working? esee, Why are you doing this? A combo box is not intended to accept a value from another control, but provide a means to select a value from a list of values either from a table, a query, or a manually ...

Support for custom look up fields
I am dissappointed to learn the MS CRM 3.0 do not support custom made look up fields at a more profound level. I do acknowledge the work done on solving some of the issues concerning relationships between accounts and contact etc. through the relationship entity , but this solution still seems much more complex to manage in comparison to the possibility of simply creating and adding custom look up fields to your forms and thereby managing relationships - just the same way as pointing out a "primary contact" person. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and ...

Value list
i need help with making value lists in excel so that i can make my data base consistant with the data i am entering That's not much to go on. What is a value list? And what constitutes making your database consistent with the data you are entering? Post back and explain in detail what you have, what you want to do, and what you want to happen. Some examples are always good. HTH Otto "Maint Girl" <Maint Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EDE3701-B704-4BE8-B449-58662FDCB495@microsoft.com... > i need help with making value lists in ...

Customer EFT Bank Country/Region
In Dynamics 10, I'm looking at the Customer EFT Bank Maintenance screen. Here's how you get to it: Click Cards, Sales, Customer. This brings up the Customer Maintenance screen. Choose a customer, then press the Accounts button. This brings up the Customer Address Maintenance screen. Click the EFT Bank button. This brings up the Customer EFT Bank Maintenance screen. On that screen, there is a field called Bank Country/Region. Click the down arrow to see a list of countries/regions. My question is: Where does that list come from? Is it stored in a table? ...

Customizing Outlook Today #10
When the CEO changes the Outlook Today from standard to standard 2 column and saves the setting. Then he goes into his inbox and then returns to Outlook today, the Outlook Today is in the standard 3 column format not the 2 column format that he just saved earlier. KB was not much help. Any possible solutions to his problem in keeping the 2 column setting? Ruben ...

Excel macro to insert rows if a cell does not equal the value above that cell
I have a spreadsheet listing columns of information for many different people. If more than one row exists for the same person, I'd like to insert 2 rows after the row so that the group is separated from the next group. For example, here's how the data appears now: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 750.00 Smith 5 100.00 Thomas 9 900.00 Here's what I'd like it to look like after running the macro: LastName Account# Balance Martin 1 500.00 Martin 2 75...

Adding comma seperated values within a single cell
I need to come up with a custom function that will add up comma seperated numerals contained within a single cell. For example if the the cell A1 contains: 4,5,3 I want the result of the fuction (say in a2) to display the result of 12 Any help greatly appreciated. Regards Mike On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:39:01 +1100, Michael Toal <M.Toal@bom.gov.au> wrote: >I need to come up with a custom function that will add up comma seperated >numerals contained within a single cell. > >For example if the the cell A1 contains: > >4,5,3 > >I want the result of the fuction (sa...

cannot delete custom page in Business Portal
I created a page and I want it deleted. When I try to remove the page, I get the error - this item is currently being used in a menu or task and cannot be removed. I have not included this page anywhere. How can I figure out what is stopping the page from being deleted? Go to Manage Navigation and delete the menu first then go to Manage Portal Pages then Remove it -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Jack Tundra" wrote: > I created a page and I want it deleted. When I try to remove the page, I get > the error - this item is currently being used in a menu or task and ...

Custom menu: action is not trigger
Hi, For the first time I am developping an Access application with a custom toolbar (menu) at the top. I have found various posting or web sites where people explain how to do the setup. In fact, I have followed the instructions coming from this web site. http://www.jamiessoftware.tk/articles/menubars.html When my application opens, I can see my custom menu at the top of the form. My problem is the following: when I click on an item in the menu, nothing happen !!! I have double-ckeck and I have really associated an action to the menu item. In fact I have tried to associate the menu item to a ...

HTML values
Howdy, I'm pretty new to extracting info from IE into excel so I need some major help here. I need to fill certain input values on a webpage, "click" the submit button, and from there I should be able to extract the info I need. Its the navigating the selection screen I'm having a problem with. The HTML values I need, I believe are contained in this section of the source code. So how do I change these input values in the html code to what I need and submit? <FORM name = F001 method=post> <input name="screen_id" type="hidden&qu...

No attribute when adding parent customer to person
we see this message quite frequently. We add a new business, fill out all the data. Create a new person and when we add the company in the parent company field and save we get a no attribute error. Usually I will delete the person and recreate the person and it works. However this person has opened a new company and we do not want to lose the old links. Hi John, Can you provide the error message to us? or do you have access to the server event viewer? Do you see any errors there? If so can you please post the message here as well so we can help further. Thanks! Darren Liu, Microsof...

Correcting customer address codes or shipping addresses
My client is on Dynamics GP v9 and has been using Dynamics since 2001. It's been 7.5 years since they started using this software program. During this time, they have had several different people create customer cards etc and there are now several duplicate addresses for the same customer (same account ID but just identical addresses with a different address code for that customer). They are wanting to clean up this database. They are preparing to use the modifyer and combiner to combine customers that have two different account numbers but what is the BEST WAY to remove the dup...

Using a value from a previous Record to Perform a Calculation?
I have a Append query that looks up a particular date range I specify and gives me a count, for received and loaded dates that meet that range. From those 2 numbers the query also subtracts Received - Loaded=Backlog. See below ID Received Loaded Backlog New Backlog 1 0 0 0 0 2 5 3 2 ?????? What I need is for the query to lookup the New Backlog value from the previous record an...

#value! #2
In a1 I have alink to a cell on another page in the workbook. In b1 the formula a1/100. When I edit the cell ref in a1, b1 returns #value! I don't understand why, and I can't seem to do anything about it. Advice please.tia Exactly what is the linking formula in A1? When you say "edit the cell reference" in A1, what (how) exactly are you doing? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ----------------------------------------------------------------...

How do I obtain a value from an external form?
Hi, I'm on Access via XP Office Pro. How do I obtain values from an form that I run using the DoCmd.OpenForm. Currently, I have the form opened by OpenForm setting values in global variables. I have a standard set of global variables that are set by the called form and retreived in the calling form (the one that ran the DoCmd). I've read where I should not be using global variables. For example, on my customer call log form, we record all of our incoming calls as they happen. If one of those calls results in the creation of a work order, I want to click on th...

macro to hide columns with zero values?
I'm relatively new to VBA and need to create a macro to hide columns with zero values. The workbook has 36 sheets, each sheet has columns B:CR and 202 rows. Row 202 is the sum of the respective column. I'd like to run the macro in a separate workbook so I can use it for other similar workbook situations. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I believe the code below will work for you. It will examine all used cells on the row on a selected sheet where a cell is selected and hide all columns with an empty cell or a zero value cell on that row. In your example, ...

Changing Customer address ID
We need to update Customer Addresses ID(Cards >> Sales >>Addresses). We have searched for tool in Professional Tool Library. This option is also not available in CRG Changer. Is there any tool available to change the customer address IDs? We are planning to write scripts to update data in case no tool is available We use address ID in extender and SOP orders. We are all planning to update data in SOP tables (Open, Work, and Historical) and tables storing extender data. Is there any other place we need to update? Jove, I wrote a query a while a back that would allow you to find...

How to force the use of a specific custom list in a excel 2007 cha
Hi How do I do use my specific custom list in excel 2007 chart, I created, instead of the default custom list. That is related with the presentation of the days of the week. There are 2 presentations: the default one and the one I created. I am not enabling to force Excel to use my custom list. I think that the Visual Basic of both lists are equal, that is “[$-F800]dddd, mmmm dd, aaaa”, without quotation marks. Thanks. Ok. I have two (not only one as I said before) default custom lists, representing both, in Portuguese, the days of the week: The first one: “Seg, Ter, Qua, Qui, Sex, S&#...

Customer Relationship
CRM 3.0 If a user opens up the Account or Contact entity, the Relatinoships icon in the left menu is available. When clicking the Relationships icon, a view of existing Customer Relationships is displayed. Our implementation shows 4 columns (as I believe everyones' does): Party 1, Role 1, Role 2, Party 2. A while back, users had the ability to click on those column headers to sort the records how they wanted. But for some reason, the application today has no default sort order and does not allow the selection of a column header at all. The only thing one of our end users could...

find numbers in a range that add to a specific value
Jason previously answered the above question with the below answer however I am looking for a formula that works when adding more than 2 numbers together? Can anyone help? thanks, Brett Assuming your list of numbers are in A1:A50 and the total number is in F1, try this in B1 and copy down to B50: =ADDRESS(SUMPRODUCT(--(A1+$A$1:$A$50=$F$1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:50"))),1,4) If there are any feasible combinations, a cell reference will appear next to a number. That number, but the number in the cell reference, will equal the number in F1. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA If you have to check ...

Limit report to only amounts greater than an absolute value
In the footer section of the report, I have the following calculation =Sum(nz([dateb])-nz([datea])) I would like for the report to only show those values > |100,000| (based on the above calculation) How can I do that? Base your report on a query and set the condition you want in the criteria of an appropriate field. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Jim McC" <JimMcC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21DABE2-B33D-4B59-B7EB-23E61E28F3D6@microsoft.com... > In the ...