Custom MS Excel Charts

What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS
Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries.

Thanks

Umair
0
um41r (1)

How do Excel define the application area?
When I run a macro as shown below, how does excel define the application area? Disable re-calculation option before processing coding After processing coding, enable re-calculation option calcmode = application.calculation application.calculation = xlCalculationManual 'open worksheet2.xls by using worksheet1's macro application.calculation = calcmode Case 1 If I open an excel worksheet1.xls, then I open worksheet2.xls within this open worksheet1, do I open 1 excel application? If I set calcmode, will it apply to both worksheets at this moment? Case 2 If I open...

Simulating a Zodiac with a chart
I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to color sections similar to a pie chart. I have plotted this before using Sin/Cos of the degree but did not have the ability to color the pie shape pieces. Is this possible? So say I want from 360* (top dead center) to 90* (left quadrant) to be shaded, how would I do this and with what type of chart? Hi, Donut chart will provide the shaded circular sections. Cheers Andy gtslabs wrote: > I want to make a circular chart similar to a Zodiac but I want to > color sections similar to a pie chart. > I have plotted this bef...

How do I connect cell color to bar chart color?
I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the colors of the bars were connected to the color of the cell. I was not able to determine how that was accomplished and the author of the spread sheet no longer works for the company that sent me the data. Does anyone know how this can be done? Hi Bob, It's possible this was done using a vba macro. For a non VBA approach have a look at Jon's examples of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Bob Freerks wrote: > I have seen an excel spread sheet bar chart where the color...

Excel work done in Me
I did all my work on excel. I recently purchased a new computer that is using XP Home and, after downloading my work files, I cannot pull them up. What did I do wrong? Any help would be truly appreciated. Rick It sounds like you do not have Excel installed on your new computer. "Rick" <no1plantman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a93301c3ebdd$82fbb6a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I did all my work on excel. I recently purchased a new > computer that is using XP Home and, after downloading my > work files, I cannot pull them up. What did I do wrong? > Any help would be...

Time in Excel '97
Is there a way in Excel '97 to get it to insert the exact time? What I mean is that if I push Ctrl+Shift+:, the time inserts only hours, minutes and AM/PM, but no seconds. Actually, I just tried this in Excel XP and it does the same thing. Any ideas? Would really appreciate it. Matt You could put this code in your personal.xls workbook and assign it to a keyboard shortcut. Sub InsertTimeWithSecs() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "hh:mm:ss") End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Matt J."...

In Excel, what is CharMap.exe?
In Excel, what is CharMap.exe, where do I find it and how do I get help using it? I need to include characters which are normally only found in MSWord. From that other thread: Insert Symbol was added in xl2002. So if you don't run xl2002+, you'll have to find a different way. You can hit flying windows R (or windows start button|Run) type charmap hit enter or even windows start button|Programs|accessories|System tools|charmap if you like to mouse. Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm (look for Sy...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

Alt Tab not Working in Excel
Hey, hopefully someone can give me a hand here. Alt+Tab just stopped working to switch between sheets in excel. I DO have Tools>>Options>>View>>Windows in Taskbar checked. I do see multiple sheets in the windows taskbar so this isn't the problem. Additionally, I'm aware of Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+F6 (and their reverse "shift" capabilities). I really need to be able to have the little window pop up (with Alt+Tab) to be able to select the correct file without going through them all like you have to with Ctrl+Tab. Additionally, switching between other windows works ...

Numbers dont display or add up correctly in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I type in 1000 and it divides all numbers by 100, 23 becomes 0,23. Then if I Sum a list of numbers it doesn't ad up coretly (even the wrong numbers don't add up) Excel doesn't work for me - although the product was provided (bundled) by Apple - apple won't support it - and neither will Microsoft so I end up with no-person to talk to - amazing. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks On 6/5/09 6:35 AM, in article 59b75f96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Clive@officeformac.com" <Cli...

Stacked chart #3
Hi, I have income distribution functions for different countries and I am trying to stack these curves. The data looks in this way: Country 1 Country 2 x y x y 5 0.2 7 0.1 8 0.4 9 0.3 10 0.3 12 0.5 15 0.1 20 0.1 Where x is the mean income and y is the % of the population. My problem plotting the curves is that different countries have different range of x values. And I want to keep them when I am stacking the curves. When I use stacked line chart excel considers the x values as categorical ...

Make Excel upload files via FTP??
A few days ago I asked about creating files from a Excel worksheet that can be shared online. Someone suggested this VBA: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xladvhtml.htm I've been trying this and it works. Now I want to get Excel to run the VBA-code every time the file is closed, AND (and now comes the tricky part), to upload the created html-files to a FTP account. Every time the file is closed the macro "make_htm" should run, and get the files got created upload from the local folder, to a FTP account. Is this possible?? ...

Accessing Custom fields (propery)
Hi everyone, Any one who can tell me how to access custom fields using the CRM web service? Thanlks, ...

General MS Access Programming
I have spent almost 46 years learning, using and teaching different programming languages and quite frankly, I have never found anything more confusing than trying to program functions in MS Access. I have given up trying to learn how by studying other people's coding examples. What is available to help learn the subject in the form of self-study courses? Thanks, George I'm puzzled by this, given that Access uses the same VBA as the rest of the Office products, and that it's virtually indistinguishable from "Classic" VB. Jeff Conrad has a fabulous list of Acces...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

How to copy a field of A excel file to B Excel file automatically?
I need to copy some fields of A.xls to B.xls every night at 12:00. how can I do that? I'd try one of two methods. First, use the MS Windows "scheduler" to fire off you spreadsheet at midnight (make sure to leave the computer turned on) and have a VBA macro triggered when the workbook is opened to perform the data movement. A second, albeit more difficult method, would be to write VBA code to structure an internal timer that would watch for midnight. In this case, you'd have to open the workbook before going home for the day, and activate the macro that sets ...

Excel PC vs. Mac issue
We have a bunch of Mac excel files (Office 98 Mac) which when printed fill the page left to right (invoice type), when opened on a PC (Office 2K) the print seems narrow. re the form stops 3-4 inches from the edge of the page (right hand side)as opposed to the 1 inch border experienced on the Mac printed page. Printer is HP5si both printing through the same cue using the same drivers. Looking for ideas as to why... thx Well, sometimes Windows is like that...kinda narrow and comes up a little short. This sometimes happens when a font on one platform is not available on the other, and ...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

cannot customize outlook today #9
I have done what it says in the microsoft article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 but its not practical to keep changing the registry everytime you want to change outlook today, so i downloaded the update to protect the computer but when i try to run it it says you must have internet explorer 6 with SP1 installed which i do Does anyone have this problem or know how 2 fix it?? ...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

dynamic charts using named formulas
I have dates in the first row I have values in the second row I use tecnique of named formuls of offset function (tushar Methta) so that the chart is updated when data for new dates are added. now after some time I want to delete the older data If I delete the columns of older dates the named formula get messed up and I get error message that three is some wrong reference. actulally in the offset formula the starting cell is relaced by "REF" Then I have to redo the whole exercise any solutions. If the first row is some sort of header that doesn't get deleted, use it as the ba...

View Customization Question
My director came to me the other day and asked about customizing his view of his accounts. He had two requests. I figured out the first one, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out if he can do the second one. When he opens up a single account, instead of it opening automatically to the Information section, he would like it to automatically open to the Contacts section. Help is much appreciated! Cammie You can make a new tab pn Account form (contact view and make it the first one on account form). Now you use Iframe . you can get idea from here http://icu-mscrm.blogspot....

Money 2007: Customize asset classes?
Is it possible to customize the pre-defined asset classes in Money 2007? I'd like to slice and dice my portfolio in more detail than just cash/bonds/large-med-small cap/other. For example I have various international and REIT funds in my account. I'd like to track these seperate instead of dumping them in Other.. Also, what about a blend fund that is 70% large, 20% med, 10% small, etc? Customize: No. For the purpose of asset allocation, there's a button labeled 'Change' on the investment details screen. There, you can divvy it up across the pre-determined catego...

Export to EXCEL
Can I export my account list to MS EXCEL so I can edit the transactions, specify the dates etc? Thank you. There's an add-on called Moneylink which can get the data out, or alternatively you can export from reports. However, if you want to put the data back in, that's another matter - you'd need to import that data using QIF and that's not so easy if you are attempting to purely change the existing data and not doing further analysis "Jae" <jva@world-net.co.nz> wrote in message news:6c1b01c341fa$653e7f90$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Can I export my account lis...

How do you ungroup charts in Powerpoint 07?
I'm trying to ungroup a chart in Powerpoint 07 like you would ungroup an object. You used to be able to do it in previous versions by right-clicking on the chart and then selecting ungroup. Can anybody help please? Thanks AK, Try this, select your chart and copy it. Home tab, click the list arrow next to Paste, select Paste Special and select Enhanced Metafile. Now you should be able to ungroup the pasted graphic. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "AKGray66" <AKGray66@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:F42ED3C3-80F8-46BC-890F-B...

Find function in a macro
I want to set up a macro that searches a column for a value 'X' and then selects the cell right under the cell that contains 'X'. I have been stumped on this for a few days now and would really really appreciate any sort of help or guidance. Thanks a lot! SK --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sub Findit() Dim r as Range For Each r in Range("A1:A1000") 'Or whatever yours is If r.Value = "X" Then Range("A" & r.Row+1).Select 'Change A to your column Exit For End If Next End Sub K P.S. You could probably use an...