Custom Error Bars in Excel 2007

When choosing the option to add a custom error bar in Exel 2007 and trying to
set the range to a worksheet that does not contain the chart I receive an
error in Excel that closes down Excel.

The steps I perform are: 1. Click on a bar in my chart 2. Click Layout 3.
Click the drop down for error bars 4. Click more error bar options... 5.
Choose custom and click specify value. 6. Click to set the range where this
is then displayed ={1}.

As soon as I change to the worksheet to set the range Excel errors out and
shuts down.

I have recreated this on more than one machine and the result is the same. I
have also seen other posting this same problem with no resolution.

Thanks

I can confirm this bug.
Workaround:
Specify ranges on the same sheet for the error-bar values
Chart is OK
Now Cut and Paste the values to the other sheet
Seemed to work in a limited test I did.
Please give feedback on your experience
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"rookie6521" <rookie6521@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When choosing the option to add a custom error bar in Exel 2007 and trying
> set the range to a worksheet that does not contain the chart I receive an
> error in Excel that closes down Excel.
>
> The steps I perform are: 1. Click on a bar in my chart 2. Click Layout 3.
> Click the drop down for error bars 4. Click more error bar options... 5.
> Choose custom and click specify value. 6. Click to set the range where
> this
> is then displayed ={1}.
>
> As soon as I change to the worksheet to set the range Excel errors out and
> shuts down.
>
> I have recreated this on more than one machine and the result is the same.
> have also seen other posting this same problem with no resolution.
>
> Thanks

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
9/24/2007 5:19:13 PM
You are required to be a member to post replies.  After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Posted as a reply to:

Custom Error Bars in Excel 2007

When choosing the option to add a custom error bar in Exel 2007 and trying to
set the range to a worksheet that does not contain the chart I receive an
error in Excel that closes down Excel.

The steps I perform are: 1. Click on a bar in my chart 2. Click Layout 3.
Click the drop down for error bars 4. Click more error bar options... 5.
Choose custom and click specify value. 6. Click to set the range where this
is then displayed ={1}.

As soon as I change to the worksheet to set the range Excel errors out and
shuts down.

I have recreated this on more than one machine and the result is the same. I
have also seen other posting this same problem with no resolution.

Thanks

WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx
0
Mark

Wfica32.exe Error
Hi Has anyone seen a Wfica32.exe error, when working with Great Plains in Citrix environment. I did explore the Citrix web site and noticed that this error is certainly related with Citrix but couldnt get a further lead on how we cant prevent it. Strangely enough there are more than 50 users accessing Great Plains through Citrix and the error occurs only for a single user (as far as I know). This error just shuts down Great Plains abruptly and citrix session hangs as well. Any help / idea will be appreciated. Regards Samit Sounds like a problem with the ICA client on the users PC. Since ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

Grammar check not working

Charging customers
We use Credit Card Advantage with Great Plains. We just upgraded to GP 10.0 and now the sales team are unable to book the orders that they enter. I have looked at the settings and am unable to figure out which security setting I have wrong. Any thoughts? Thanks Angie Starting with the basics, did you get the V10 installation package of CCA? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Angie" wrote: > We use Credit Card Advan...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

help with simple maths in excel

can't customize toolbar