Creating step-up bars

Hi,

I am looking for help to create a graph in Excel, that behaves like a
step-up graph, but with columns instead.
So what I need is a graph where the first bar/column marks from zero to,
say, 10%. Then the next column have to start AT 10% and show up to, say, 20%
and so on.
I got something that looks a bit like it, by using the stock
(open-high-low-close) chart, but I want the columns to be right NEXT to each
other.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Kind Regards
Schwartz
0
Schwartz (4)

Hi,

Sounds like a waterfall chart.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/waterfall/index.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Schwartz" <Schwartz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for help to create a graph in Excel, that behaves like a
> step-up graph, but with columns instead.
> So what I need is a graph where the first bar/column marks from zero to,
> say, 10%. Then the next column have to start AT 10% and show up to, say,
> 20%
> and so on.
> I got something that looks a bit like it, by using the stock
> (open-high-low-close) chart, but I want the columns to be right NEXT to
> each
> other.
>
> I hope to hear from someone soon.
>
> Kind Regards
> Schwartz

0
andy9699 (3616)

Create Task in Workflow fails
Hi all: I have a workflow rule that fires when a new lead is created. The rule assigns the lead to a user, sends an email to the user to inform them they have a lead, and then it creates a task for the user. However, for some reason the rule fails on the task creation, with the error: "Error code = 80131509. This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable" I thought it might be because I was trying to assign the task to the logical owner, and perhaps the owner had not been set yet, so I changed the rule to create the task for a static user and it still fails. Can ...

change color of bar on multi-day event shape
Is there a way to change the color of the "bar" across the top of a multi-day event shape? I can change the fill color, but not the bar is always blue. url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1127-1.aspx On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:43:11 +0800, "Jennifer Virley"<virleyj0@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to change the color of the "bar" across the top of a >multi-day event shape? >I can change the fill color, but not the bar is always blue. Open the Drawing Explorer window (menu View -> Drawing Explorer Look for the appropriate shape on the ...

Intergation into Title Bar
Hello everyone, I was wondering how I can implement my toolbar into the titlebar of all open windows? I need to know how to do this for one of my computer programs. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, James Simpson Straightway Technologies http://straightway.no-ip.com "James Simpson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02fd01c3d256$cffe8450$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > I was wondering how I can implement my toolbar into the > titlebar of all open windows? I need to know how to do > this for one of my computer programs. T...

Create Access table with autonumber field?
How can I create an Access table that has an autonumber field? I usually create the sql string and then run it with ExecuteNonQuery(). But I added the AUTONUMBER keyword and it's giving me a syntax error. This is the sql script I'm using: create table myTable (line_id AUTONUMBER, field1 TEXT(50), field2 TEXT(50)) Any help is appreciated. Thanks. "VMI" <VMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6502B12-BA5E-4BD2-8C7D-BDF0586F4702@microsoft.com... > How can I create an Access table that has an autonumber field? > > I usually cre...

EXCEL 2007 CREATING A MACROS
CAN'T FIND THE MACRO SELECTION ON THE EXCEL 2007 TOOL MENU ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Less Spam Better enjoyable experience Visit : news://spacesst.com Try this http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101730521033.aspx Please use proper case when you ask a question. -- Steve "FIEGEHENK" <FIEGEHENK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D183D6-3518-4D29-8133-2E0D07F4D057@microsoft.com... > CAN'T FIND THE MACRO SELECTION ON THE EXCEL 2007 TOOL MENU -----------------------------------------------...

Create a task based on Contract Expiration Date
Is there a way to create and assign a task in CRM for a given time period before a contract expiration date come due? I would like to have reps notified and proactivly contact customers weeks before contracts expire... ...

Can I create a form to send
I manage a service group that supports project managers of multiple projects. I want to create a form to send to project managers - so that when they reply to my request, I would like the reply to create multiple tasks in my published calendar. Can this be done in Outlook 2003? ...

Creating record from Workflow ?
I have made a new entity called SAMPLE and I want a Workflow to create new records(SAMPLES). From a Workflow it's possible to create activities(task, letter..) and E-mail but is it possible to have a workflow create new records to a Custom Entity? Call assembley? ...

how do I create one publisher .doc file from 12 files w/pages
how do I create one publisher doc from variety of multipage publisher docs. Is there an easy way or must I copy and paste each page from each doc into a new doc. HELP! Looking forward to hearing the answer. I dont know what to look for in the help area, merge? catalogue? -- jane I being a Publisher 2000 user, have only two solutions; in Publisher, copy/paste from one file to the other. or Create a PDF file out of the first file and append PDF files of the other publisher files. Standby for other better methods. Best if you mentioned your version of Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, ...

Creat a new worksheet
Please help me to write a VBA code to creat a new worksheet named "New" Thanks Hi lashio ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Add.Name = "New" -- XL2003 Regards William willwest22@yahoo.com "lashio" <lashio@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:EhYae.113497$cg1.25477@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Please help me to write a VBA code to creat a new worksheet named "New" > Thanks > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:07:32 GMT, "lashio" <lashio@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Please help me to write a VBA code to creat a new work...

Create a day per view calendar
Is it possible to create a calendar with a day to view? I want to make something that'll fit the general day view flip type desktop calendar with my own pics etc. I can't seem to get the calendar date range to be anything other than months for a start and then I'll need to get two or three of each day on a page (to save printing costs). -- Sue ...

create a rack diagram in Excel
I would like to create a rack diagram in excel. Is it possible and does anyone have any templates? ...

How to Create a ToolTip for MSFlexGrid in Visual C++.net
HI! Can anybody tell me how can i create a tooltip for MSFlexGrid in Visual C++.Net.I have searched in the properties abd i have searched for the metyhods in websites. I'll be thankful to you if send me a solution. Regards, Hitesh. ...

Copying access 2002 to create access 2000 database
I have Access 2002 with a database I created for a friend. My friend has Access 2000 at work. I need to make a copy of the database and convert it to Access 2000. Then I will send it via Internet and have it copied to the PC at work. What is the procedure to convert a copy of an Access 2002 database to Access 2000? Thanks It's entirely possible that it's already in Access 2000 format: that's actually the default format for Access 2002. Look under Tools | Database Utilties | Convert Database. If it's already in Access 2000 format, the option to convert to 2000 will be...

Workflow
As a services organization, we'd like to create a case record automatically when an opportunity record is closed as "won". Has anyone figured out a way to create a record off of a "status change" of another record? -- Deb It would involve the CRM Workflow Manager and the CRM SDK. In the workflow manager, you create a rule, call it "Opportunity Won", for the object "Opportunity", and the event is "Change Status". In that rule, you check for opportunity status set to Won and post a URL. It will look something like: When opportunity st...

How do I create custom stationery?
have Outlook 2003. I want to create a custom stationery with my business contact info that I can set as my default stationery for sending new messages. I used Word to create my file and I saved it as a web page. When I went to the stationery picker menu and browsed to the location where I saved this file, it wouldn't read it. How can I create a html file that will suffice? Thanks, victor See if anything in the following article helps (even though most of these articles were written for Outlook 2000): http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm#stationery -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Ou...

How to create macro to e-mail a form?
I have created a Form in Word 2007 containing blanks to be filled in by an applicant and then e-mailed. To facilitate the application process I am trying to create a macro to allow the applicant to do the following with one click of the mouse: 1. SAVE the just completed form 2. OPEN an e-mail to an address specified in the form 3. ATTACH the completed form to the e-mail 4. SEND the e-mail Can anyone help? Thanks, See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowled...

Creating
Hello All, I have a worksheet of data with the following characteristics: --column headers --numeric and textual data --a "frozen" pane --some columns in which input is constrained by validation lists stored on other worksheets within the same Excel file What I need to do is make it so that each of the main worksheet's column headers present my Excel-newbie end-users with a simple dropdown/pulldown that allows them to sort (ascending and descending) all the rows across all of the columns, i.e. across the frozen pane line, across the validation-list columns, etc. In an ideal...

Creating Rules via OutLook 2000
Creating rules using OL2000 gives a "Not enough space on server . . ." error, even when the logon has admin rights. What permissions have to be ste up & where to allow standard users to create, save and autorun rules? There's a 32k limit to the number of rules you can have. Looks like you've hit that limit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Stuart Lewis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076c01c3c948$b18641a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Creating rules using OL...

Create a new Activity
Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Microsoft Outlook Xp. When I create a new activity, I receive a message "Impossible to complete the operation. Parameter data value not valid." In this computer: I created a new profile and I have the same problem. I created a new activity folder named "Activity2" and if I insert a new activity I don't have the problem in this folder. I created a new activity in the "Activity" folder of a different user and I don't have the problem in this folder. On internet, a lot of people with the same problem. Suggestions? ...

making adjustment for the start bar on the side of the screen
I want my 2 windows to be tiled vertically. Window1 is on the left and needs 25% of the screen Window2 is on the right and needs 75% of the screen I've done this with something like the code below, but this doesn't take into account if the user has the start bar on the side. Is there a way to tell if it is, and how many pixels it's taking up? thanks, southernatheart lngHorizontal = System.HorizontalResolution lngVertical = System.VerticalResolution 'RESIZE THE EXISTING DOCUMENT Application.WindowState = wdWindowStateNormal Application.Move Left:=0.2 * lngHorizon...

how do i create a poster on excel?
Can someone please tell me how to create a poster on excel version 2003? Thanks I'd rather use Powerpoint? Without any inkling as to what you want to do, it would be just about impossible to help you. Do you need assistance with fonts, with spacing, with drawings, with page setup, or what? -- Hth Kassie Kasselman Change xxx to hotmail "Confused" wrote: > Can someone please tell me how to create a poster on excel version 2003? > > Thanks ...

How to create image of windows ce 5.0???
hi i am newbee in the windows ce 5.0 .i have a system which have a windows ce 5.0 i want to store the image of the windows that is installed on the system.you can chcek the system as bellow http://wintec.en.alibaba.com/product/277764863-200077449/Mobile_Touch_POS_IDT600.html i want to store the system image file(NK.bin) to a desktop computer for backup purpose .Is there any software for windows ce 5.0 that can generate Nk.bin file during runing of windows (like Ghost software). waiting for reply thanks ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-news.windowsce-platbuilder ...

Re: Creating .VDX files outside visio
Chris Roth's presentation covers writing out XML that can be opened in Visio. Can you be more specific about what you need to do? -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Narendra Wagh" <narendra.wagh@yagnaiq.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <8f8f457eccc2478a8bf11d34b6c8e9c8@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:220.225.36.247 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.visio > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet...

Caption bar implementation
The educational software that I am developing requires a non-standard appearance. I do need a caption bar for the application, but it must appear much different than a normal Windows caption bar (think ITunes or Winamp). The problem I have is, how can I implement the "move window" functionality in this caption bar control I am creating? What is the best way to do that? Hi, >The problem I have is, how can I implement the "move window" > functionality in this caption bar control I am creating? What is the best > way to do that? Based on my understandi...